It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Wear a headscarf or we will kill you': How the 'London Taliban' is threatening women and trying

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

'Wear a headscarf or we will kill you': How the 'London Taliban' is threatening women and trying to ban gays in bid to impose sharia law Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

[url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1377780/London-Taliban-targeting-women-gays-bid-impose-sharia-law.html#ixzz1JnlrswuU]www.dailymail.co.uk[ /url]

Women who do not wear headscarves are being threatened with violence and even death by Islamic extremists intent on imposing sharia law on parts of Britain, it was claimed today.

Other targets of the 'Talibanesque thugs', being investigated by police in the Tower Hamlets area of London, include homosexuals.

Stickers have been plastered on public walls stating: 'Gay free zone. Verily Allah is severe in punishment'.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 18-4-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
This is outrageous. Even a non muslim woman working in a pharmacy was threatened to change her attire or be boycotted. She went to turn this in to authorities and then was threatened with her life and now is on leave at her job, perhaps about to lose it.

This is occurring behind the scenes in the UK, and is coming to light only now, the threats and no authorities seem to be addressing it, at least as depicted by the woman workers situation. This should not be happening.

Sharia law theocracy is something that needs to be completely denounced and this problem is one that needs to be dealt with in a peaceful, but assertive way.

[url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1377780/London-Taliban-targeting-women-gays-bid-impose-sharia-law.html#ixzz1JnlrswuU]www.dailymail.co.uk[ /url]
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 18-4-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

+44 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
If they dont like the laws of the country they moved to, perhaps they should move back to the country they came from...

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Islamic extremists of today is like the kkk of the 1950s seeing a interracial couple...threats, anger, etc.

What is needed is lots of exposure to humiliate the aggressors whole philosophy and actions..force them to start controlling their own message with a PR campaign to show up these monkeys.

There is no real solution to this beyond the banning of religious icons from public display, (of course, is a headscarf even religious gear, or just arab culture...)

Either way, time to toss these apes into the pokey for awhile for threatening bodily harm (if proven)...I just feel bad for your regular prisoner for having to deal with these idiots as roomates.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Yep, saw this coming years ago. It will only get worse. UK is over. The US is going to be next unless the idiots realize what's going on before it's to late.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerbyCityLights
If they dont like the laws of the country they moved to, perhaps they should move back to the country they came from...

what makes you think the ones threatening are not from britian to begin with?

You don't need to be born in "extremistan" to have extreme and violent viewpoints/culture warrior.

religion tends to spread the crazy...no passport needed. going back to the country they came from might be..well, them standing right where they are.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The fuse is lit.

It's all a matter of time before this whole situation with muslim extremists will explode into the next world war.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I always feel that we're in some type of psychiatric hospital in these countries. There are always so many issues! One thing I think we can never fix is multiculturalism in these countries. In non of these countries will I see people uniting as one and working issues out. There are to many differences and competing interest.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Yes, but normally when you threatened, ie. a store attendant or pharmacist, or any other occupation, and you take this to the police or authorities and possibly your MLA, this is addressed. It was almost like the authorites had a direct channel to the ones doing this, so this one woman was threatened further. Her boss deals with it by suspending her job?

The article further goes on to show a media news worker, converted to Sharia and joining threatening demonstrations against freedom and democracy.

I for one would rather everyone adopted nudist camp regulations and lived in their birthday suits than every obeyed some extremist, theocracy's recommendations of following something so negative that it treats citizens as unequals.

What is the leadership of the UK doing about this, after all they are paid employees of the people?

And yes, I've been following this for some time, but not wishing to see any more excuses of violence or support for the illegal wars being brought up, but from a fair, responsible position of upholding democracy and equality.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I eagerly await for someone to come and say that it's unreliable because it's the Daily Mail.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I don't get these people, it seems that a lot (if not all) these "Extremists" are home grown but didn't there mothers, fathers, grandparents etc...etc move to this country to escape such madness. I watch a very interesting documentary about a young English muslim women who went to Afganistan to see how her mother lived in the country (her mother was originally from there).

What she saw was awful, the treatment of women is beyond evil. They (Taliban) would kill girls just for going to school!

What i'm trying to say is these "Extremist" only want Sharia law because they have never lived it. I say anyone found guilty of this kind of "Extremism" should be sent to Afganistan for a period of time. See if that changes their minds.

ALS

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I agree, instead of the usual skinheads turning up to protest, there should be women's rights campaigners and gay rights campaigners holding a mardi gras style event through the area. A really peaceful event, celebrating our western liberal values and diversity. It would then expose those who stand against it far more effectively than an EDL march which would just lead to violence.

ETA, we have our very own english militant muslims middle class and white. The guy who made this film is a member of ATS and its about his brother.

edit on 18-4-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-4-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

It was more or less a blanket statement. Here, please allow me to rephrase it.

If they dont like the non secular laws of the country they live in, perhaps they should move to the repressive countries that have the laws they wish to follow.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by snewpers
The fuse is lit.

It's all a matter of time before this whole situation with muslim extremists will explode into the next world war.

Doubtful...most muslims are pretty easy going.
its the extremists that are the loudest, make the rest look bad, etc.

When you discuss christian extremists, you think of things like the kkk, westboro baptist church, skinheads, etc...you don't think of the average joe christian living his life being generally peaceful.

the majority of muslims in the west are the joe christian types...they have their views, but they tend to live and let live...god will judge others how god judges...god doesn't need man to do his job for him, he is more than capable, and most muslims acknowledge they don't follow a weak and pathetic god that needs mans ever so precious judgement for one another.

it will be defeated not by bombs or anything...but by media finally bringing more moderate muslims in the mainstream for familiarity and programming...for now, the media is actually part of the problem by focusing in only on the extreme element of the group while pretty much ignoring the average quiet one.

Sad when the daily show is doing more in this than pretty much any other show (Aasif Mandvi) in exposing non-radical muslims..(many have no clue he is a muslim...omg, really? naa...he is a normal guy though..)

is there a conspiracy to show muslims only by their radical nature? whats the point of that? keep people in fear of an entire group of people? does fear = corporate plans to sell something?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

If they dont like the non secular laws of the country they live in, perhaps they should move to the repressive countries that have the laws they wish to follow.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

It was more or less a blanket statement. Here, please allow me to rephrase it.

Will agree there.
But do understand, there are people whom literally think every islamic extremist wackjob out there must be a foreigner...so, had to call out the mindset before it started

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Now the links aren't working, don't know why. Try it this way:

here

This is a very big story because its not just random acts, its organized, and the way the authorities are dealing with it, is collusional.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Rightfully so. I must confess to that mindset as that is how it is where I live. We have our share of Muslims but I would be willing to bet that 99% of them that live in Louisville Ky have immigrated here from another country. Mostly Somalia and Yemen with some African Muslims as well. The only nut job extremist we have that is home grown calls himself Malcom XX. Yes, that is two X's. He's pretty much a tool.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

they should immediately be deported, why does the british government even waste their time with this. those people that proclaim this type of retribution are barbarians and have no business being allowed to live in britian. to me this is pretty cut and dry, deport them.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

You have a good point but I do agree with what other posters are saying if they wish to live in a country that has these types of law - move country because in my opinion it will be quite impossible for them to introduce such law in the UK, I know they are trying but if it gets out of hand which it looks like it is, it will cause nothing but trouble for the citizens of the UK.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join