'Wear a headscarf or we will kill you': How the 'London Taliban' is threatening women and trying

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Well, it's all a matter of perception they say.

I have yet to see a muslim organisation to step up and do something about the extremists.
And don't even start about 'starting discussions' and 'teaching them something' or 'we dont understand them [the muslims]"...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

wow, just wow!!

this guy is is very evil!

look what he did!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Our soliders are running around afghan and iraq, dieing to protect their civilians from the taliban, when they have free run of london. Heres a thought, how about our armed services protect our own countries before they try to fix other peoples. But then again there is no oil under london.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
is there a conspiracy to show muslims only by their radical nature? whats the point of that? keep people in fear of an entire group of people? does fear = corporate plans to sell something?

As long as the west is thirsty for middle eastern interests, the media will continue to portray muslims as radical and violent as a whole. Who wants to go to war with the generally peaceful, average joe muslim and steal their land and mineral rights?

This was the same tactic used against the native Americans in the US. Unite the population against the selected group of violent "savages". This allowed the government to attack these cultures with the approval of the citizens.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifeissacred
reply to post by jimmyx

Because most of them were born here. The older generation is rarely caught up in this 'extremist' controversy it's usually younger reverts or children of liberal Muslims (often 2nd or 3rd generation) who don't even understand their own religion who embrace this extremist nonsense.

liberal muslims?
you realize the radical imams and such shout down the west for being liberals...islam is a highly -highly- conservative (socially) society
the liberals in islam are these radical women going out without the headscarf...its the neo-conservative men that threaten death.

Or are you saying that this is some sort of young rebellion against their liberal family by going in the total opposite direction?

not understanding the use of the term "liberal" in that sentence...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Any threats to kill innocent others regardless of religion or whatever views whereby not in discussions form, but with serious intentions to murder MUST BE dealt in equal seriousness by the authorities, to investigate the cases, find the culprits and shame them in full public view before subjecting them to the laws of the lands, regardless if locals or foriegners.

Our society must not allowed to be threatened with fear in any form, or be made to divide in any way. Onty the truth will help societies progress and prosper based upon common aspirations in life.

Thus, the rule of law, of the land, must be upheld, seriously and promptly, or only chaos and mayhem instigated by the minority few whom only seeks for self glory and power, and not for any faith or beliefs they profess to hold, will happen

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
I eagerly await for someone to come and say that it's unreliable because it's the Daily Mail.

As a UK citizen, I've lived for well over 30 years with the well-known (here in blighty at least...) sensationalism this paper spews out.
It is an unreliable source, simply because it's one of the tabloids known to add fuel to small events, purely to sell their papers.

Anyone care to prove me wrong by citing other sources?

Three men have been charged with religiously-aggravated criminal damage in connection with some of the incidents
OP source

Wow...sounds like a Muslim take-over to me! And no mention of arrests for threats to kill...hmm.

I'm fully aware of the situation, unlike many of the commentators here it seems (I live nearby) - it'll be great to see what reputable sources have to say on the matter - then I'll take it seriously, not before.

But hey, if it gives people the convenient excuse to tell UK born citizens to "git back to your own country", then it's fine and dandy, eh. Bigots.

"Bloody immigunts - don't even know how to speak proper englush like wot we do..."

The Daily 'Fail' does it again! - what a money-maker!

Incidentally, it's amusing to see members here who, in many other threads, bash the same Mainstream Media for fakery and deceit...
edit on 18-4-2011 by OptimisticPessimist because: (no reason given)

link   
I'd be curious if this same situation would fall under the "hate crimes" section that we have in the US. Does the UK have anything along that same line?

link   

Originally posted by upgrayedd

Originally posted by SaturnFX
is there a conspiracy to show muslims only by their radical nature? whats the point of that? keep people in fear of an entire group of people? does fear = corporate plans to sell something?

As long as the west is thirsty for middle eastern interests, the media will continue to portray muslims as radical and violent as a whole. Who wants to go to war with the generally peaceful, average joe muslim and steal their land and mineral rights?

This was the same tactic used against the native Americans in the US. Unite the population against the selected group of violent "savages". This allowed the government to attack these cultures with the approval of the citizens.

I actually feel a bit silly now with my questions when it is pretty much that obvious.
your probably right.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimisticPessimist

"Bloody immigunts - don't even know how to speak proper englush like wot we do..."

Pfft...you fail at parodying your own damn dialect!

its:

" Bloody Immigunts - Don evan now ota spake poppa englash lie wot we dau,..muppets!"

(corrected, and added muppets as all commoner english must put the word muppets at the end of every 3rd sentence)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

what about the words"ma duck" that's said a lot in my area and it is so annoying

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

Then perhaps it's time to take the Daily Mail to task for instigating communal violence?

Second line.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I believe most people are good, but can be swayed by peer pressure, to conform, even threatened to do so, and then they are capable of being the army that brings in doom or restrictions. To me the whole Islam issue was summed up by a book read in the 90s by a female reporter who had spent decades there and witnessed, and revealed, tragedies that the press didn't address. Namely that the oppressive regimes to bring back fundamentalism have come out Saudi Arabia, at the instigation of the would be Elites/bloodlines, western such as the Bush's, the Rothchilds, UK, etc, their good buddies.

Modern Islam nations, like Christian were just that, modern, with their religions being practiced more freely, with discernment as to things that were in the past. Of course there have always been exceptions. With baby formula and diapers for poor families, if your wife adopts a veil, this increased. The CIA was instrumental in putting into place Facist regimes, Iran/Iraq, etc.

We have a powder keg situation that shouldn't be about one religion, or group, but is about the manipulations of our freedoms, perceptions, religions to serve NWO agenda and fascism.

I want the entire world free, no banks, no money, no real estate agents, all hidden technologies revealed, clean energy, and counsels of citizens, half men and half women in every ares, with ever widening counsels, and equal watchdog counsels with powers to yank all corruption, via people being called to do their duty, jury duty style, everyone. And Human Rights, Entitlements and Substantive Equalizing Equality, so high standard that its entrenched. Religions would be gutted. Ie. you follow the Light path in them, the judge no one, and live with unconditional love and shelf the rest as the Dark path. So they best of all could be compiled in non institutional books for inspiration and mediation, but no Theocracy's or Tithing of income possible.

I don't believe anyone has the right to control others, force religions, force ever increasing laws and statutes on us.

We the people, need to wake up ASAP, to NWO, and this Sharia type situation is all a part of their bigger picture.

Of course, the people are innocent pawns. But we, and they, need to see through it.

We need to form counsels in our communities to problem solve and flex our own muscles, so we can start to put our own people in positions in city counsel and nationally.

We need to think out of the box and include everyone.

We need to demonstrate, public strikes and protests by the millions.

People need to wake up.

Assertiveness is not hte same thing as Violence. We should all be getting bullhorns and lining up to kick out the leaders who don't immediately start working with counsels of citizens directly in open transparency to solve problems.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

The woman had her job suspended and the reporter was out in public demonstrating actively for Sharia to run London. The story is legitimate.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Haha, thank you for the literary corrections!

reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

perhaps it's time to take the Daily Mail to task for instigating communal violence?

It certainly wouldn't be the first time they've been openly accused of such, but to do so seriously, would mean going up against some very big players - hence the usual reluctance and previous failures of similar calls for accountability.
It's a common problem with the rags, the world over it seems.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Or maybe another solution, lets just have news papers only give a certain specified propaganda approved of by one group of controllers and take all others who inform the public or hint of problems up to task for possibly inciting a riot, or demonstration. Maybe the leaders could just charge the ones who leak some truth out for the costs of their laws supporters attempting to police the public who might decide to finally do something about it?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

The woman had her job suspended and the reporter was out in public demonstrating actively for Sharia to run London. The story is legitimate.

Actually, no. She is on leave (assumed to be due to this incident) and is worried that her job may not be there when she returns. She was not suspended.

The crux of the story may well be legitimate. It's the sensationalisation that not only is necessary for these tabliods to make their profits, but which ultimately leads people to think such things are bigger issues than they truly are.

Headlines sell papers, not the facts that are deliberately drawn out within the body of the article(s) which usually contain the real issues, often paled by ones initial 'rage' at the headline.
The headline fires you up before you get a chance to read the full story, so one is likely to be biased before the facts are released (by further reading). It's common practice for practically all the tabloids.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I was using the term to describe those immigrants from places like Pakistan who came in the 70s and 80s whose faith was merely part of their culture. A few of the younger generation started to embrace a hardline conservative form of Islam from Arabia which started to enter the culture of these communities and was pushed by oil money from the Gulf states, the acceptence of this form of Islam is sometimes thought to have been a reaction against the popular bigotry against asian youth at the time (it's making a come back nowadays unfortunately). Even now though most Muslims do not associate themselves with the sort of extremism the media likes to insinuate is secretly accepted by most British Muslims. It's pushing fear with an agenda. Muslims are normal people, but the news has to make sure everyone thinks they're terrorists otherwise our foreign policy would be exposed as solely serving the interests of corporate power.

edit on 18-4-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ltinycdancerg
sure....

I'll wear a headscarf...

AND NOTHING ELSE!!!

bahahahaha

and I'll scream "the british are coming! the british are coming!" while galloping in the streets.
But I assure you, my intent is not to offend.

I agree, this before that. Thats for sure.

In the right setting, veils can be very attractive in certain art forms and belly dance is great excercise.

Oriental dancer Mariyah - New York - bellydance - veil

But I support France's law of banning the burka. Its child abuse for my children to see women dressed like this.

I would never support their banning creative dress, or belly dancing. Highly recommend it for everyone.
edit on 18-4-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join