It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two ghosts! One pic1

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by flice
You need to clean your lens more often...
2nd line from the professional photographer

If it was caused by the lens being dirty then the spots should be in the same positions when multiple photos are taken from the same angle with the same lighting. So that's ruled out, 'cause I took 4 pictures consecutively within a window of about 20 seconds and all the orbs are different spots.

Going by your theory the orbs should all be in the same spots in all four photos.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Dust -_-

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Verideecimo

Originally posted by bud316
Hello... I studied your picture pretty good. What you are seeing in my opinion, are lights being reflected. The round lights to the left of the tree (as your looking at the photo) are car lights being reflected. This just happened to me today, someone came up the block with only one headlight, it was raining, not heavy thou, and his one light beam reflected 3 perfect circles across the living room wall.. It's cool to see but again, its just headlights. If you are not against the street then its the reflection off the BIG mirror Christmas balls. If you look to the right of the tv there is a round shaded sphere, but if you look at the tv you can see that the tv is reflecting the flash. Sorta like looking in a mirror that has another mirror behind it, ya know, where it looks like it to goes 5000 dimensions deep?? the faces u are seeing i guess can be interpreted as anything, again it could be water drops or a spot on the xmas ball that is giving the reflection. Sorry, its just my opinion, just light being reflected.

Bud316

Yes it could be anything, but if it's a reflection off the Xmas ornaments, then tell me where all of the other over one hundred reflections are. I guess I only have two super special ornaments that reflect the camera flash.

Reflections are dependant on the angle of the light hitting a reflective surface in relation to where that object is. So there might only be two decorations that meet this criteria. Only giving you two orbs.

Its the main reson why i dont consider orbs in pictures to be all that special. They may well be pranormal but theres to many doubts hanging over there heads. In regards to the faces themselves, you could just be looking for patterns in random artifacts. Theres a proper name for it which ecapes me but im sure someone will come along and offer you some more info and examples.

I guess its a matter of how you want to look at them.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Verideecimo

I'm sorry Verid. I want to see something like you do. But seriously, a spec of dirt on the lens against a light or reflected light will give you those circle objects, and yes I do see all of them all over the picture. Its not just 2 Xmas balls that may be causing this. I seen red ones and clear ones and tinsel if i am not mistaken, its a very nice tree. I am trying to stay open minded but we have to eliminate the obvious, and reflected light off of something, no matter where you stand, will give different results everytime, just my opinion.

Bud316

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by bud316

LMAO! Hey peeps! lol I honestly don't care what you think. Spirits live in dust particles then because those images are spirits caught on camera. Case closed! lol

edit on 18-4-2011 by Verideecimo because: fun

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrypticCriminal

Hello... I studied your picture pretty good. What you are seeing in my opinion, are lights being reflected. The round lights to the left of the tree (as your looking at the photo) are car lights being reflected. This just happened to me today, someone came up the block with only one headlight, it was raining, not heavy thou, and his one light beam reflected 3 perfect circles across the living room wall.. It's cool to see but again, its just headlights. If you are not against the street then its the reflection off the BIG mirror Christmas balls. If you look to the right of the tv there is a round shaded sphere, but if you look at the tv you can see that the tv is reflecting the flash. Sorta like looking in a mirror that has another mirror behind it, ya know, where it looks like it to goes 5000 dimensions deep?? the faces u are seeing i guess can be interpreted as anything, again it could be water drops or a spot on the xmas ball that is giving the reflection. Sorry, its just my opinion, just light being reflected.

Bud316

Yes it could be anything, but if it's a reflection off the Xmas ornaments, then tell me where all of the other over one hundred reflections are. I guess I only have two super special ornaments that reflect the camera flash.

Reflections are dependant on the angle of the light hitting a reflective surface in relation to where that object is. So there might only be two decorations that meet this criteria. Only giving you two orbs.

Its the main reson why i dont consider orbs in pictures to be all that special. They may well be pranormal but theres to many doubts hanging over there heads. In regards to the faces themselves, you could just be looking for patterns in random artifacts. Theres a proper name for it which ecapes me but im sure someone will come along and offer you some more info and examples.

Oh yeah? Well that's your opinion. Are you some arm chair, lazyboy skeptic that has never once actually gone out investigating in the field? Do have an original opinion of your own or do you pass time by simply regurgitating someone else's "scientific research", if you can actually call it that to begin with.

Just another notch in the post column for you I suppose, just for the sake of posting. If you have an original thought to contribute to this discussion, be my guest. I can tell by your stats that you pretty much just reply to posts, so you really haven't contributed anything original to this site.
edit on 18-4-2011 by Verideecimo because: added

edit on 18-4-2011 by Verideecimo because: more content

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrypticCriminal

Bud316

Oh yeah? Well that's your opinion. Are you some arm chair, lazyboy skeptic that has never once actually gone out investigating in the field? Do have an original opinion of your own or do you pass time by simply regurgitating someone else's "scientific research", if you can actually call it that to begin with.

Just another notch in the post column for you I suppose, just for the sake of posting.

LMAO!

Why you getting so defensive?

What ive put forward is a possible explanation. Sorry if im not coming out saying wow you've captured a ghost.On the basis of two lights on photo.

No im not an arm chair, lazy boy, sceptic. Those are all asumptions on your part. I actualy believe in ghosts. This fact does'nt mean i have to accept ever bit of BS that gets waved in front of my face.

If your only looking for a one sided view then dont post pictures on a forrum. Send them to some believer only website or something. It does'nt matter who's research i regurgitate. As lond as it demonstrates what im trying to show. So unless you can prove that what i was saying was crap. You have to accept it whether you like it or not.

Sorry if the truth hurts, but resorting to petty insults wont strengthen your arguments or show people that you have an open mind.

You just sound like a child to me, who's went in a huff because daddy's took your bike away.

Grow up.

For someone who claims they dont care what people think, your getting awfully worked up.

edit on 18/4/11 by KrypticCriminal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
No, you see, I know what they are. I didn't post the video for your interpretation. I especially didn't post the video for you to spout off pareidolia, lens flare, glare, reflection or any other common skeptical close-minded defense.

All I stated was for you to add something of your own, instead of regurgitating content from hundreds of other posts involving this type of phenomenon. Challenge yourself and think on your own and contribute an original idea.

In addition, You cannot prove they aren't. See, an open-minded person always says "that's a possibility". You gave a black and white response with no actual proof backing your opinion up. You definitely didn't attempt giving an original response.
edit on 18-4-2011 by Verideecimo because: added

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

No, you see, I know what they are. I didn't post the video for your interpretation. I especially didn't post the video for you to spout off pareidolia, lens flare, glare, reflection or any other common skeptical close-minded defense.

All I stated was for you to add something of your own, instead of regurgitating content from hundreds of other posts involving this type of phenomenon. Challenge yourself and think on your own and contribute an original idea.

OK ive challenged myself and thought on my own and still nothing has changed. What now? Im i close minded because i dont share your belief? Does'nt that make you the close minded one? Its clear you dont take anything anyone puts forward in high regard. So in future i wont waste my energy. Or maybe i will just to ruffle your feathers a bit.

Have you even considered that what other people put forward may actually be true or are you blinded by your own belief?

You dont know what they are. You have a theory on what they maybe. Theres a difference.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

Of course I could be wrong. I strongly believe I'm not, but I could be wrong. We perceive our world and develop opinions based on learned knowledge attained through our environment. We can only develop opinions based on our existing knowledge pool. Just because we perceive things as being real or right, doesn't mean any of it is.

I don't claim every orb is a ghost or a spirit. I go through thousands upon thousands of photos to no avail. Most of them really are moisture, dust, or a reflection. Once in awhile one pops up that "seems" a little more than just pareidolia.

I can be wrong a thousand times, but I only really need to be correct once. Nobody can tell me 100% that those images aren't paranormal. Anything is possible because nobody knows everything.

edit on 18-4-2011 by Verideecimo because: added.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Of course I could be wrong. I strongly believe I'm not, but I could be wrong. We perceive our world and develop opinions based on learned knowledge attained through our environment. We can only develop opinions based on our existing knowledge pool. Just because we perceive things as being real or right, doesn't mean any of it is.

I don't claim every orb is a ghost or a spirit. I go through thousands upon thousands of photos to no avail. Most of them really are moisture, dust, or a reflection. Once in awhile one pops up that "seems" a little more than just pareidolia.

I can be wrong a thousand times, but I only really need to be correct once. Nobody can tell me 100% that those images aren't paranormal.

Touche!

Just as you cant prove to me that they are paranormal. If you had of approached this whole debate without having such a chip on your shoulder in the first place we could have had a civil disgusion like we are now.

I just dont appreciate people jumping to conclusions about me and throwing petty insults in my face when i had the decency to be civil when putting my oppinion forward.

I was'nt replying to your OP to start an argument. I only wanted to share my view, which you can freely jeject. Thats why i never asked you to prove they were spirits. Like you im sick of the same old arguments for and against.

All i can do is percieve and form an oppinion on each case as they appear.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Ya, I just wanted you to keep typing on my thread so I can get some more responses. LOL jk. I was really just goading you into retaliating. I've got nothing else better to do right now

I'mmmmmmm soooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyy, sooooooooo sooooooooorrrrrrrrryyyyyyy, you know just like the song lol.
edit on 18-4-2011 by Verideecimo because: stuff

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Ya, I just wanted you to keep typing on my thread so I can get some more responses. LOL jk. I was really just goading you into retaliating. I've got nothing else better to do right now

I'mmmmmmm soooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyy, sooooooooo sooooooooorrrrrrrrryyyyyyy, you know just like the song lol.
edit on 18-4-2011 by Verideecimo because: stuff

Now i just feel used.

But heres another reply to add to your collection.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Anyway, Im jazzed 'cause I'm getting a full GH kit with everything I need to conduct thorough investigations, instead of just analyzing photos, which gets tedious after awhile.

Soon I'll post new content with evps, IR, K2 etc... I can't wait.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Anyway, Im jazzed 'cause I'm getting a full GH kit with everything I need to conduct thorough investigations, instead of just analyzing photos, which gets tedious after awhile.

Soon I'll post new content with evps, IR, K2 etc... I can't wait.

I look forward to it,

ive dabbled with EVP's myself but did'nt really get any results. However ive heard some fantastic ones. Ive always wanted go out with the proper kit and do some proper investigation, but lack of funds is putting the dampers on it at the minute.

Good luck.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Verid, how can you expect to dabble in the unknown if you can not take criticism from the peanut gallery? How can you expect us to continue to believe anything you say or post when you have just admitted trying to goad the other user, Kryptic, this is almost something a troll would seem to do. Please do not get pissy because we do not believe what you have can be considered anything but dust, dirt, reflections off the tv, xmas tree ornaments, or anything else that may be behind you that we can not see. You mentioned you took a few pics, I am only seeing one, can you post the others for us to examine? And remember, lack of evidence does not make it evidence.
Its just my opinion!

Bud316

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I do understand the dust hypothesis.

When my wife and I first bought our house and were beginning to do a bit of decorating, I took a number of Before shots around the house.
One room upstairs in particular was filled with Orbs, considerably more so than the others.
I wrote it off as most likely being attributed to dust.

We had purchased painting supplies and left them in this particular room since we were painting it first.
The following weekend when we were to begin painting, to our surprise, we could not locate the rollers anywhere in the room where I was certain I'd left them with the paint in the bags with the other supplies.

Recently as in last summer, I was heading upstairs in the dark to retire, when a luminescent golfball sized orb whizzed by from right to left going into the room I had had the rollers disappear from years ago !

My dogs constantly follow what most likely are orbs around and it just dawned on me that I should get out the camera whenever I witness this. This would at least collaborate whatever the dog appears to be seeing as well as the dust/orb hypothesis.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Sorry NOT ghosts.

Go pat your couch cushion a few times and then snap a pic by it.. You'd be amazed at how many ghosts live in your couch lol.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Verid, how can you expect to dabble in the unknown if you can not take criticism from the peanut gallery? How can you expect us to continue to believe anything you say or post when you have just admitted trying to goad the other user, Kryptic, this is almost something a troll would seem to do. Please do not get pissy because we do not believe what you have can be considered anything but dust, dirt, reflections off the tv, xmas tree ornaments, or anything else that may be behind you that we can not see. You mentioned you took a few pics, I am only seeing one, can you post the others for us to examine? And remember, lack of evidence does not make it evidence.
Its just my opinion!

Bud316

Bud, you're boring with your boring replies. Sorry, but it's true. I bet your actual speaking voice sounds like a robot. "How.............R............U..............2..............Day?" LOL. As I recall, all of your replies on my post have pretty much been copy and paste.

Who's pissy? I'm super fantastic! Your bunny is very large! That's a large rabbit, indeed.

It would be hilarious when you die, you come back to visit loved ones and they're like "Suzy that's just a dust particle or dirt on your lens! Don't be silly!" and your screaming at the top of your spectral lungs and little Darla is like "did somebody just toot? 'cause something sounded like a fart." LOL

That would be very ironic, relax there bud.

edit on 19-4-2011 by Verideecimo because: added

edit on 19-4-2011 by Verideecimo because: fun

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Its just my opinion!

Bud316

Bud, you're boring with your boring replies. Sorry, but it's true. I bet your actual speaking voice sounds like a robot. "How.............R............U..............2..............Day?" LOL. As I recall, all of your replies on my post have pretty much been copy and paste.

Who's pissy? I'm super fantastic! Your bunny is very large! That's a large rabbit, indeed.

It would be hilarious when you die, you come back to visit loved ones and they're like "Suzy that's just a dust particle or dirt on your lens! Don't be silly!" and your screaming at the top of your spectral lungs and little Darla is like "did somebody just toot? 'cause something sounded like a fart." LOL

That would be very ironic, relax there bud.

edit on 19-4-2011 by Verideecimo because: added

edit on 19-4-2011 by Verideecimo because: fun

Verid, none of my posts are copy and paste, these are all 100% original. I am sorry they are not exciting i will try harder! Oh and thats not my bunny and thats not me. I wish i did have a rabbit that big that would be sweet... lol

Bud316
edit on 19-4-2011 by bud316 because: adding text

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join