It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think of the Antichrist?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I'm not a believer in the Antichrist. Recently I cam across a show on the History channel detailing the Antichrist from a Christian point of view. This not only a question to Christians but to anyone on this site. What do you think of the Antichrist? Are you with me in not believing the Antichrist or do you disagree with me?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
There are hundreds of antichrist threads already on ats.

Many interesting opinions in them.

A good place to start.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Yeah I disagree the antichrist is true

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Seventh Day Adventists think that the Anti-Christ is the church not recognizing Saturday as the true Sabbath. I thought that was interesting. I don't believe the Anti-Christ will take the form of a man, but rather an action.

On the other hand, I don't believe in none of it. I battle with this type of thinking 24/7.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FeraVerto

Antichrist means simply against Christ. The name "antichrist" is only found in 1 John 2:18, 2:22, 4:3, and 2 John 7.
No biggie, in my book. John makes it clear that the 'spirit' of anti-christ is nothing more than being against Christ. It is only later on in Christian theology that the Antichrist became this person who is evil embodied. Pretty much a load of bllx, imo. :-)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
If there is an Antichrist he would be just like george soros.

Antichrist
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The term or title antichrist, in Christian theology, is a leader who fulfills Biblical prophecies concerning an adversary of Christ, while resembling him in a deceptive manner. The antichrist will seemingly provide for the needs of the people but deny the ultimate salvation.

The term "antichrist" appears five times in 1 John and 2 John of the New Testament — once in plural form and four times in the singular.[1] The Apostle Paul's Second Epistle to the Thessalonians, in particular the 2nd chapter, summarizes the nature, work, coming, and revelation of the "Man of Sin" - a passage often regarded as referring to same person as the antichrist of 1 and 2 John.

Etymology
"Antichrist" is the English translation of the original Koine Greek ἀντίχριστος, pronounced än-tē'-khrē-stos. It is made up of two root words, αντί + Χριστός (anti + Christos). "Αντί" can mean not only “against” and “opposite of”, but also “in place of",[2] "Χριστός", translated "Christ", is Greek for the Hebrew "Messiah" meaning "anointed," and refers to Jesus of Nazareth[3] within Christian theology.

New Testament

The words antichrist and antichrists appear four times in the First and Second Epistle of John.[4][5][6][7] The word is not capitalized in most English translations of the Bible, including the original King James Version. 1 John chapter 2 refers to many antichrists present at the time while warning of one Antichrist that is coming.[8] The "many antichrists" belong to the same spirit as that of the one Antichrist.[6][8] John wrote that such antichrists deny "that Jesus is the Christ", "the Father and the Son", and would "not confess Jesus came in the flesh.": a probable reference to the Gnostic claim that Jesus was not human, but only a spirit.

Jewish antecedents
Anti-messiahs are referred to in some Jewish writings in the period 500 BC–50 AD, and this is thought to be the precursor of the concept of the Antichrist in Christian writing. Bernard McGinn conjectures that the concept may have been generated by the frustration of Jews subject to often-capricious Seleucid or Roman rule, who found the idea of Satan insufficiently humanised and personalised to be a satisfactory incarnation of evil and threat.[27]

Armilus is an anti-messiah figure from late period Jewish eschatology. He is described as bald, partially maimed, and partially deaf.[30]

Islam
Masih Ad-Dajjal (Arabic: الدّجّال‎, literally "The Deceiving Messiah"), is an evil figure in Islamic eschatology. He is to appear pretending to be God at a time in the future, before Yawm al-Qiyamah (The Day of Resurrection, Judgment Day). He will travel around the globe entering every city except Mecca and Madina obliging people to believe in him as a God. It is also believed by Muslims that Isa (Jesus) will descend from the sky to the White lighthouse in eastern Damascus, Syria, placing his hands on the backs of two angels at the time of Fajr. This will happen at the time of the Dajjal and Isa will be the one to eventually defeat the Dajjal, killing him with his spear.
edit on 17-4-2011 by FarBeyondDriven69 because: Added some more to post

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
if the head of every man is Christ (a new creation where there is neither Jew/Greek, male/female, slave/free), who was called the last Adam (the name given to the creation of male and female in the beginning) a quickening spirit, it seems fairly apparent and even states clearly the anti-Christ is a liar and murderer though keep in mind anyone who hates his brother is stated to be a murderer as anyone who has looked at someone with lust has commited adultery which to me is like saying no one can boast or have fallen short

here are relative scripts

Genesis 5
male and female created he them, and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

1 Corinthians 15
So also it is written, The first man Adam became a living soul. The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.

Colosians3
where there cannot be Greek and Jew, circumcision and uncircumcision, barbarian, Scythian, bondman, freeman; but Christ is all, and in all.

Galatians3
There can be neither Jew nor Greek, there can be neither bond nor free, there can be no male and female

John 2
Who is the liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, even he that denieth the Father and the Son

Colossians1
who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation; for in him were all things created, in the heavens and upon the earth, things visible and things invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers; all things have been created through him, and unto him; and he is before all things, and in him all things consist.

1 John 3
Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

Matthew 5
but I say unto you, that every one that looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Galatians 4
Which things contain an allegory: for these women are two covenants; one from mount Sinai, bearing children unto bondage, which is Hagar.

1Timothy4
Faithful is the saying, and worthy of all acceptation.
For to this end we labor and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of them that believe. These things command and teach

Ecclesiastes 7
There is not a righteous man on earth who does what is right and never sins.

edit on 17-4-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

top topics

join