It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunglasses That Can Scan For Bad Guys

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
if a hologram of someone not there for the meeting can hear you and see you who is to say that they need these glasses to pick out the non human hologram. Crazy we live in it seems. The only way to pick out the real human is to reach out and touch them these days or have sunglasses like this to have a computer pick them out for you.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00001
If they would make them to spot bad girls I want a pair.
Could be a big seller.

especially with the "x-ray" option enabled

2nd line.
edit on 17-4-2011 by dragonseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
People walking around, just to listen to you and find out what is going on. Meet the new tech hologram. youtu.be... think the sunglasses will spot this? Maybe the guy next to you is not real and is a hologram.

edit on 17-4-2011 by cloaked4u because: (no reason given)
fix vid.
edit on 17-4-2011 by cloaked4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
put that on a predator drone and you got a prescision strike weapon system.

or launch a few predator drones over a given targeted area and program it to loiter until a particular target appears and bam one dead duck.

no more collateral damage.

why dont people believe the 12 mile range? we have satellites that can read newspapers from space.

the details of the camera system itself werent made public.

imagine the possibilities.

**you dont need a pair of those glasses to spot crooked politicians-they all are crooked**
edit on 17-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Oh #, who just unleashed Skynet and the Terminators!?

QUICK! Someone hide John Connor!
edit on 17/4/11 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
You would have to take these off if you walk in or around Washington, District Of Criminals, as the red light would be continuously going off...as there are nothing but criminals there....

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourPopRock
That being said, a cam this size is obviously an ip camera piping the feed back to the server. And yes, it can do exactly what they are claiming that it can do with about 60% accuracy.
First, 60% accuracy doesn't sound all that great.

Second, how can it recognize a face 12 miles away? Do you need 10 meter long telescope attachment for that? If so that's gotta make those glasses cumbersome to wear!

edit on 17-4-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Aww man! When I clicked on this thread I thought someone had finally designed the sunglasses from They Live. Why you gotta get my hopes up like that OP?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00001
If they would make them to spot bad girls I want a pair. Could be a big seller.

I agree. Especially since they could market to two major groups. Those who want to avoid bad girls and those who want to attract them. That's just abput every guy out there, plus a few girls, too.

Those are used by Israel border control. (Paraphrase of a quote here)

Really? I've been across the Israeli border quite a few times and have never spotted these. The crowds are terrible and pushy and I've seen people give $100 bribes to get to the head of the line, but no Borg sunglasses.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

I remember watching the most recent Star Trek movie and thinking to myself... we will never get there.
We won't ever get to a "Star Trek" level, there's just too much corruption.

It's sad really

Just to show off my geek-skills...

To be fair, the Star Trek Mythos had to go through a great war in the 22nd century tthat nearly obliterated human-kind before people realizd they had to stop being how they were and start working together.

Then the Vulcans came along to say "Hi!" and it propelled the human race into the future.

So... don't despair
There's still a chance

And I agree with the poster above that said they expected the sunglasses from "They Live". I, too, was disappointed that I didn't get to see Roddy Piper kicking butt and chewing bubble gum!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Well John Carpenter knew his stuff when he made 'They Live'.
Once again he hits the nail on its head.

Nice thread.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
This is dangerous. Anyone that has been listed as a terrorist, whether a patriot or not, can get caught with just one scan of these

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Interesting technology. Perhaps Brazil is just a testing ground for future use in the US.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I envision a day in which each of us could possibly be able to scan our own personal db of friends, relatives, etc

Pretty cool

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Now, this idea is good if we can find the crystals to make the lens to enable the wearer to see the aura of a person that shows that they are bad in nature.The colours of a person's aura can tell a knowledgeable person many things.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
I envision a day in which each of us could possibly be able to scan our own personal db of friends, relatives, etc

Pretty cool

Except I don't need some sunglasses to help me recognize my friends and relatives

Edit: On second thought, help with finding friends in a crowd WOULD be useful
edit on 18-4-2011 by Alphard because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Alphard

That's what I'm talking about... Also look up "augmented reality".. coming soon to a place near you!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join