It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Saucers?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MARK5

Just because we are taught to expect saucers or triangles as the case may be and that is the image our brains may arbitrarily assign to a sighting does not mean that a sighting is purely in the mind. It is just they way our brains cope with a new and challenging experience. Much in the way yours seems to be having a tough time coping here.

edit on 4/16/2011 by iforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MARK5
reply to post by MARK5

I started this topic as Mark4...

it was pretty evident from the outset that this was a 'freaky believer only website'. And now i'm banned!!!! lol

to all you freaks... keep fantasasing... it's all you have!

UFOs... phah!

Conspiracies.. phah!

healing crystals... phah!

#ing nutters!!!! lol

wierd people you all! (except the sane ones)

I got your account banned for being a douche and spamming my page. Don't make it out to be more than the site is, just because you are to lazy to be able to make 20 posts without sounding like a know it all punk. As for the rest you said...... XD your the one who got all serious and tried to tell everyone whats what...... I like to keep things at "possibility" not a truth.... cause if you let things sit as possibilities..... theres less arguments, and more excitement around the different possibilities.

I feel sad that you can't even discuss this stuff without becoming a self-centered attention-whore only intent on entertaining them-self off of others. Go somewhere else ya little leach child, your not the first person to have come up in here, nor the last...... thus you wasted your time on stuff you completely do not believe, just arguing stuff with people whos oppinions you obviously care little for. So..... whos the one with the boring life, the people having in-depth even sided conversations on the highly unknowns of our world/universe...... or the kid thats got zero imagination and derives pleasure from being a troll?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by BoyOfOceanus

Originally posted by MARK5
reply to post by MARK5

I started this topic as Mark4...

it was pretty evident from the outset that this was a 'freaky believer only website'. And now i'm banned!!!! lol

to all you freaks... keep fantasasing... it's all you have!

UFOs... phah!

Conspiracies.. phah!

healing crystals... phah!

#ing nutters!!!! lol

wierd people you all! (except the sane ones)

I got your account banned for being a douche and spamming my page. Don't make it out to be more than the site is, just because you are to lazy to be able to make 20 posts without sounding like a know it all punk. As for the rest you said...... XD your the one who got all serious and tried to tell everyone whats what...... I like to keep things at "possibility" not a truth.... cause if you let things sit as possibilities..... theres less arguments, and more excitement around the different possibilities.

I feel sad that you can't even discuss this stuff without becoming a self-centered attention-whore only intent on entertaining them-self off of others. Go somewhere else ya little leach child, your not the first person to have come up in here, nor the last...... thus you wasted your time on stuff you completely do not believe, just arguing stuff with people whos oppinions you obviously care little for. So..... whos the one with the boring life, the people having in-depth even sided conversations on the highly unknowns of our world/universe...... or the kid thats got zero imagination and derives pleasure from being a troll?

Well said, there is'nt a clap icon so just trust that i gave you a small round of applause here on my own.

Yep! i might just be the saddest man alive

I think your wasting your time though. If this account does'nt last then he'll be back in a few days for another crack at the title.

Its sad really.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Look at some of the stuff Tesla wrote about flying machines. He stated that they would either be disc/saucer shaped or cigar shaped for dynamic purposes. Also in regards to needing to be that shape for the ability to move in and out of hyperspace. As for the triangle shaped ufo's I'm if the opinion that those are Illuminati back engineered craft. Just look at them- they are totally the eye in the pyramid.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mark4
So, my question is, why do we see saucer shaped craft in so many instances of alledged ET activity?

because that is the shape we made them in after WWII then around 1990 we switched to Triangles

Hope that clears it up

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Hey there,

I'm still new to the phenomenon, but so far I've seen trends and too many "reports" referring to known events just placed in a different time and space.

The saucer shape has been the star of UFO reports until we started to develop delta wings. From that point, deltas where the usual UFO spotted in the skies. So I agree with your analysis, just like the sailors where screaming "mermaid!" at any bloody fish they could spot in the sea, many people take for granted that when they see a UFO it's of extraterrestrial origin and it is shaped like a saucer, or a delta.

Take also into account how the very saucer shape evolved in recent years, thanks to improvements in design and the influence of CGI movies. If the saucer in the 70s looked like a simple double disk spinning, now it has pulsing lights, some cavity in the bottom (Independence Day anyone?) filled with high tech instruments etc etc.

Now, a saucer is by any extent the best shape for navigating a light liquid like our atmosphere. It allows horizontal freedom of movement and omni-directional trajectories. The problem comes when you need to go up or down. So if I were a little green alien, i would make a perfect sphere, deltas are for humans; it's a incredible complex shape that is subject to tensions and stress if you are moving any other direction than forward. It allows low CX but zero maneuverability. I believe most of the sights are related to stealth fighters and the space shuttle itself, even more the sci-fi fantasies that apparently consider the delta shape the correct way of designing a space craft. (thank you Lucas for giving us the Tie Fighter, but it's ugly!)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Mark4

Thank you Mark4. The reason we see so many flying saucers is........wait for it........flying teacups are just so darn hard to steer. Remember, for every dumb question, there is an even dumber answer.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MARK5

Proof? Or, even vague proof???? lol

You must ask yourself, why is it that I have to have this proof? Is it to make you look smarter, or to give you a thing to gloat about, or is is it simply for a personal gain of some kind.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mark4

BUT, the term saucer was a description of the movement, not the craft.
edit on 16-4-2011 by Mark4 because: (no reason given)

Thats not correct. Around the time of Arnolds sightings and others described the craft as two saucers together face to face. Some (and Arnold as well) also described them as te same shape overall but with a boomerang appearance. The movement was described as saucers skipping over water, but who has ever tossed a plate out on the water? No one I know. He combined the look with his description of how a rock skips across the water.
If he had not, I don't think we would call ufos "flying rocks"

You cant base an arguement on a false assumption.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
What about the diamond or in my case the egg shaped UFOs? I think there are more models flying around and not just one. Different species have different designs. Hitler build some disc shaped planes but who gave him the design or the idea? Did he saw a UFO and just told the engineers to copy it or was there more to it. I´m german and i read alot about Hitler and his special projects and i always wondered who had the idea for the discs. The USA build some disc shaped planes too but they were never used in combat or produced in large amounts.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
There is a very simple reason why UFOs were saucer shaped when we first saw them... remember.. the first saucers were actually seen over Germany - the Foo Fighrters. And they were spherical... the Germans made their aircraft spherical and saucer shaped because it is the perfect shape for radar stealth. The Allies had just developed radar and this was the Germans response.

Watch the documentary called Billion Dollar Secret by Nick cook and he interviews a 40s aircraft designer that developed stealth aircraft and the CIA TOLD him to try to make the shape as much like a flying saucer as possible..

This served 2 purposes.. it confused our craft with saucers AND it was the perfect radar stealth shape.

When our pilots in the war saw these craft over Germany they were so advanced we thought they were alien rather than German.. when our intelligence dapartments found out this tech was German after the war it gave them the perfect idea of how to keep this tech secret.. to wrap it all up with aliens.. for some reason it is the easiest thing in the world to fool people into thinking this tech is alien and not human - I guess we just WANT to belive.. or it taps into some primal fear.

The big question now though is why they are still keeping it secret.. why won't they let us use this tech.. why do they go to suchhuge lengths to keep it secret.. it's because of the implications of this tech. this tech would level the playing field among all nations.. i's very cheap and easy to make this super technology. We would lose not only our technological superiority.. but also our economic superiority as well. This tech would force us to change our entire economic system...

This tech is also incredibly deadly. One antimatter bomb could wipe out nearly an entire continent. Gravity control would allow us to take down a huge building or city as easily as you raise huge aircraft. The problem is.. you cant control it.. our government thinks they can but it's inevitible it leaks. They could use this tech to raise the level of society and humanity..

Just look a this Rossi cold fusion system,, it would provide not only limitless nearly free energy.. but it produces antimatter AND can transmute materials.. such as nickel to copper.. you can use this same tech to transmute lead to gold. This is why i suspect this Rossi cold fusion is being rolled out by the govenment.. and soemthing is going to happen that causes it to be made illegal before we even get a chance to use it.

They are using these dangerous technologies on their terms to move society to a new world order to maintain control with events like 9-11, Katrina and the Japan quake. The nuke plants failing are just a beginning of the anti nuclear movement they are generating. You really think the US government couldn't help them with this plant more? They didn't even have an aircraft to put water on the reactor and the US has the most advanced aicraft in the world?
edit on 18-4-2011 by 8311-XHT because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join