It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Weird and Wacky World of Physics: Time, Time Control and the Government

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacebot
reply to post by BlackPoison94

First of all there is a need for interdisciplinary fields of sciences AND an area of sciences with multidisciplinary relationships from where practices may emerge for the phenomenon of time and it's applications to be studied.
There is a possibility that entirely new sciences may emerge from this. In fact they might be hoping that this proves to be the case.

Very true and new sciences have indeed emerged.
To get some inkling on this, Chk out the links in my signature.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Angelic Resurrection

I thought special relativity was though? And isn't there a lot of evidence (from observing the universe) for general relativity?

reply to post by playswithmachines

That's the whole point haha!
Yeah...I still think time is emergent meh. Of course it and space are closely related..

You're point about energy...that is indeed very interesting! It does seem to govern a massive part that we know off...and maybe everything itself.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Ah, Schrodingers cat!
I thought that may appear sooner or later
Very tricky, but i am a bit of a realist, if the cat is in the box, but i can't see it, i don't know for sure if it's there, or even alive.
But i saw the cat going into the box, & didn't see it come out again, so i can assume with 99.9% certainty that the cat is still there, and be reasonably certain that it's still alive.
OK so reality is only what our senses tell us it is, we have no idea for sure what the universe is really like, but i tend to take it as it is.
"I saw something in the corner of my eye, i turned to look but it was gone"--Pink Floyd.
How very true, i think everyone has had such an experience, is it just our imagination? Or maybe our pineal glands were a little more active that day & allowed us to see things that we don't normally see, like other dimensions or whatever.
I have learned to accept such things as they are, the moments are few & far between.
Next time you get this feeling, stick with it, see where it goes
I think it's time we stopped being afraid of the unknown, & try to embrace it.
Life would be very dull indeed if there were no mysteries...........

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by playswithmachines

Time comes by virtue of motion and because mind is inherently aware of sequentiality. From a practical viewpoint, motion is essential to time. We do not know the absolute limits of space, but we do know that the absolute of time is eternity. Time and space are inseparable only in the time-space creations. Nontemporal space (space without time) theoretically exists, but the only truly nontemporal place would be Paradise (Heaven). Relationships to time do not exist without motion in space, but consciousness of time does. Sequentiality can consciousize time even in the absence of motion. Man's mind is less time-bound than space-bound because of the inherent nature of mind. Even during the days of the earth life in the flesh, though man's mind is rigidly space-bound, the creative human imagination is comparatively time free. But time itself is not genetically a quality of mind. Unspiritual animals know only the past and live in the present. Spirit-indwelt man has powers of prevision (insight); he may visualize the future. Only forward-looking and progressive attitudes are personally real. Static ethics and traditional morality are just slightly superanimal. Nor is stoicism a high order of self-realization. Ethics and morals become truly human when they are dynamic and progressive, alive with universe reality.

Only by ubiquity could Deity unify time-space manifestations to the finite conception, for time is a succession of instants while space is a system of associated points. You do, after all, perceive time by analysis and space by synthesis. You co-ordinate and associate these two dissimilar conceptions by the integrating insight of personality. Of all the animal world only man possesses this time-space perceptibility. To an animal, motion has a meaning, but motion exhibits value only to a creature of personality status.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by UB2120

Oo that's deep.
I think i can see what you mean & i think i agree

In any case, peace, love, & information for all people

Credo's to Blackpoison94 for these thought provoking threads

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Dear BlackPoison94

Something else to think about especially if you can forward in time.

I could lead one to suspect that all time has already happened.

Which brings one to the hyposphis of another PHD.

We and our whole universe are mealy a future computer game and we consist of no more than zeros and ones.

Now that one I love.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269

Dear BlackPoison94

We and our whole universe are mealy a future computer game and we consist of no more than zeros and ones.

Now that one I love.

Good Heavens. You are one of us.
There is something known as code of ethics, you know.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Dear Angelic Resurrection

I will take that as a complement.

I think

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269

Dear BlackPoison94

Now that one I love.

That's what i think also, and read something on this about 5 years ago but can't find or remember where but it made sense how we just like the Matrix are a computer program made up of zeros and ones and that one does not want to be eliminated or taken over by another.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
"Time as we know it, is purely Terrestrial"

also, keep in mind the possibility of "people" being on the planet long ago enough to have made those artifacts

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Invisibility cloaks, which I just stated in the OP, are now being developed and actually work!

physicsworld.com...

Harry Potter...here we come..

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackPoison94
Invisibility cloaks, which I just stated in the OP, are now being developed and actually work!

physicsworld.com...

Harry Potter...here we come..

Lo its in the centimeter size. Long way yet.
I have the technology to cloak a living room or really no limit technically really amd its not manipulating
the refractive index.
Pity British Aerospace has blocked my e mail add.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Do you have any proof?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angelic Resurrection

I'm not surprised. No offence, but going round claiming that you've invented anti-gravity tech and that you have managed to cloak an entire living room is.... eccentric, shall we say?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Do you have any proof?

Course I do. Wouldnt have said so otherwise.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by john_bmth

Originally posted by Angelic Resurrection

I'm not surprised. No offence, but going round claiming that you've invented anti-gravity tech and that you have managed to cloak an entire living room is.... eccentric, shall we say?

You could say what you jolly well please, won,t change the truth one bit
nor will it cause any concern to me. No offence mate.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Then, you wouldn't mind showing me?
Can you, please?
edit on 30-4-2011 by BlackPoison94 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Then, you wouldn't mind showing me?
Can you, please?
edit on 30-4-2011 by BlackPoison94 because: (no reason given)

For starters you will need to chk out the links in my signature.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Time travel is not only possible but in fact being tested right now. I am a big fan of a radio show called coast to coast am. It is sometimes hosted by the great Art Bell, one of the original voices for mankind and the crazy crap we are capable of. Last year, he had a guest on, a scientist with DARPA who did not want to be named. He claimed that in conjunction with scientists from India and Russia, humankind had not only obtained the ability to travel backwards in time, but we have been testing it for several years. According to this unnamed guest, 2 issues had arose that had to be tackled before the information could be released to the GP. One of course was location, location, location. The earths velocity around the sun =107,300 km/h (or if you prefer 67,062 miles per hour). This means that the earth is not in the same place in the universe that it was, say, 10 minutes ago. If you were to jump into a time machine (ala Orson Wells) and go back 10 minutes, you would pop up in deep space and that would mean no oxygen, pressure at +- Neg 10tor, basically no bueno. The second issue, and a much bigger one, would be the "special interest groups". People often think of time travel and the "grandfather paradox" as the biggest issue to face time travel. How about if Ted Turner went back and started Google and the Internet? Or Kim Jon-il went back and stole "fat man" and "little boy" for his own personal use? Crazy sounding...but only on the radio. Last month, the Science Channel did a program on time travel. It turns out that some of what this mysterious person on the radio was speaking of was....somewhat true? Scientists in America have successfully sent digital information back in time. Only by a few nanoseconds, but still, holy crap! However, always remember that truth, in all of its definitive glory, is only perception...and a word.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join