It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Weird and Wacky World of Physics: Time, Time Control and the Government

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

Dear BlackPoison94

Sorry I have another question.

Do you know if during time travel experiments has matter actually traveled only in time or in space as well?

In other words as we all know we are constantly moving through space and quite fast. For instance the world is spinning, and orbits around the sun, the sun is orbiting around the galaxy etc,.

So does this matter turn up in a different place or does it remain with in the device just a different time. Meaning that it will have traveled a great distance through space just to remain there??

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Hiya...I don't know really what to believe. I'm hearing one thing and seeing something different.
I'm not sure how true the interview was but it was indeed very interesting; there are some bits which I think hold elements of truth to it..and the rest is BS..but I may be wrong.

Your second question is rather good and has been addressed in some comments from members. Do we actually know? I don't. But space and time are linked very closely and therefore there has to be a connection somewhere. For example, if the wormhole worked, yes the matter would indeed turn up somewhere else.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

edit on 19-4-2011 by lilygotsilly because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

This guy below did a series called ‘The Wonders of the Universe.’ Brian Cox gives a great introduction to the general accepted view of time...and he does say ‘past’ hilariously.

Where is the rest of this video --- can't find it anywhere??
edit on 19-4-2011 by lilygotsilly because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by lilygotsilly

You can watch all of his series here:
topdocumentaryfilms.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Good thread, ive always loved thinking/reading about this kind of thing.

Maybe i look at these things wrong since im no physics major (and havent really spent hours researching it either), if nothing can travel faster then light (including gravity) and light has no mass, then how does a black hole actually trap light? just the spinning motion of it? and why are x-rays still emitted?

also I always wonder when looking at the most distant galaxies, if that light took billions of years to reach our eyes from the outermost sections of the universe, that means it had to have been way out there already forming billions of years ago, so space would have to have expanded almost instantly to where it is now, although they say its still expanding if thats true then its expanding faster then light? I mean I guess thats possible since it isnt "space" yet that its expanding into so theres no limit (but what is that empty void then lol), I guess dark matter could come into play here, or some of these theories are wrong, or im just stupid

i'll quit typing now before my head explodes.

edit on 19-4-2011 by A-Dub because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if the government has been working on such a device to go into time. Who knows, they've probably accomplished it, but of course, aren't going to tell the majority of people anything. Hmmm

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Great Thread!! Keep up the good work!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I know this isn't tangible evidence as it's purely conjecture but..

Regarding the nature of 'psychic' and people who have dreamt of moments before they happen - I'm of the opinion that in some instances, this person may be more intuitive in reading or subconsciously working with the physics that we don't currently understand yet.

I've had several dreams where I've told them to a friend (with all the little details) months before, and had that friend remind me at the time the dream comes to pass. I'm by no means saying that I'm 'psychic' or that this means anything. All I know is that its happened where a friend has recalled the details I've given them and then noticed a strong similarity months later in a given situation. If it were myself and my own observations, I would pass them off as dejavu. Therefore I don't consider the times where I have no one else to corroborate my dream months before. (As trivial as they may be)

Perhaps its possible that we all are fully able to utilize physics in this sense. However, we have no idea how to actively do so? I think that these things are more than possible. Psychic is the wrong word. I think intuition would be more accurate? Remember back in the day where every tribe had a seer of some sort?
I believe that there was a good reason for this. We may have lost touch with the ability to 'read'?

Purely conjecture I admit. But I find this interesting. I think it ties in somehow?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Dear BlackPoison94

Ok assuming the time travel device is a box a meter square.

One day a boffin put is a plant turns the device on and transports it three days in to the future. It is successful he opens the door the plan has disappeared.

Three days latter he opens the door again and there is the plant.

My point being is that not only has this traveled in time but also in space.

As this meter sq, box may be undisturbed on earth but earth has for sure moved some considerable distance through space. This to me sounds like a worm hole?? In other words to stand still in earth coordinates requires a worm hole effect??

If however the plant was found floating around in space at the same universal coordinates as it had been when the device was activated there would seam to be no worm hole effect.

Sorry but your answer seamed to be the other way around.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackPoison94
reply to post by alfa1

Hiya...I'm actually in sixth form, high school in American terms.
There's a stereotype of students...and not all of us are like that!

WoW BP, you seem to be a bright one. Maybe you should join with me in my Anti Gravity Project, that currently needs deployment in Industry under license. Though various dangers exist from TPTB.
Haven't read the OP yet as am reading the thread backwards. Will post again.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by A-Dub

Hello...neither am I..but I did a bit of research

X Rays aren't emitted...but gases accelerated near the event horizon do...that's why we can detect the X Rays. Light can't escape the black hole since there is a very very very powerful gravitational field.

Your 2nd paragraph..is actually what I've just decided I'm going to do my 3rd part on haha. Space expanded very quickly...that's why we call it the inflationary Big Bang.

reply to post by storyboard

Hmm very interesting, it could do indeed. I do believe in intuition and such...it could tie in...

reply to post by MAC269

Yep...it does travel through space and time..

reply to post by Angelic Resurrection

I'm not at all ha.
Your Antigravity project? What do you plan to do?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
As I mentioned in my thread...there are many out of place objects.

You can find much more through this link: paranormal.about.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I've always conceived of time as something completely different than the hours in the day. To quote from a Star Trek movie "Time is the fire in which we all burn". So I believe its a function of God that causes varying degrees of decay. Space is the arena in which we live and Time is the attribute that prevents the Universe from inherently being eternal. Most religious faiths describe "Heaven" as being outside Time and Space, hence Eternal.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
OMFG CANT BELIEVE IT,,,,, www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Great effort Op and very well presented. Some comments
Einstein did not originate E = mc^2
His GR and SR are essentially hypotheses and not conclusively proven experimentally .
IMO the philadelphia expt did take place, but everything in Montaulk may not be true.
The time research if indeed taking place, by various countries is nearly in black ops.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
If you did time travel into the past and altered or interfered with something would you then completely alter the past, present or future or just create another present or create another parallel present now having multiple presents seems time has no beginning and no end so you can just keep on creating many alternate pasts, presents, and futures without ever changing or affecting the one in which you traveled from?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by laslidealist

I have a hard time believing that it's possible to travel into past or future time because in my mind that means the entire Universe must be rolled back or forward. Our position in space 1 day,week, month, year ago, whatever, is different than today. The entire cosmos is in constant motion. I've yet to hear a plausible explanation on how it could be done. I discount mathmatic explainations because I believe we are not even close to recognizing the full size of the universe. How could you calculate if you don't know the mass of the entire universe? Every year they push back the age of the universe because they are able to peer deeper and deeper into space. Plus the energy requirements would be unbelievable and most likely unattainable.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Another excellent thread, even though i am not agreeing 100% at this point (we'll get to that later, after i've read it all).
'Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana'

Cox is o.k., but he's not telling me anything i don't already know, but he is good at explaining

BTW, i have the 'deep field' high res pic if anyone's interested? Fascinating picture, they didn't add that they pointed it at a COMPLETELY BLACK area of space & didn't expect to see so many stars & galaxies oops!
Being serious though, isn't time just governed by movement, on a fundamental level?
If you remove the energy from an area of space (ALL of the energy) so that not even an electron moved, then time would stand still, right?
I can imagine it could be possible to go back in time, but not forward, because, like in that film, you have the information from the past, as in photons. But the future has not yet happened, and therefore there can be no 'info' component, even if you added energy to that space, so everything moved faster, essentially time would speed up (again there's that movement condition) but there would be no info component, how would waves, particles etc know where to be at a certain time? If you went forward in time just a few minutes, but did not move spatially, then you would end up in space without a suit, because the Earth had moved on at x thousand MPH.
Tricky problem, this one

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Informative thread.
There is a plethora of problems that are presented upon embarking studying and researching time itself.

First of all there is a need for interdisciplinary fields of sciences AND an area of sciences with multidisciplinary relationships from where practices may emerge for the phenomenon of time and it's applications to be studied.
There is a possibility that entirely new sciences may emerge from this. In fact they might be hoping that this proves to be the case.

Second we have to visualize and develop the tools for studying and researching time itself and it's applications to the environment.
The easier and faster this is done and the less complicated these processes turn out, the faster we can develop time application technologies.

All the above are the new fields of studies concerning physics and space programs.
Likely to emerge first will be a way of faster than light information transmission and retrieval which is essential for deep space programs especially if they are to be robotic in nature.

Visualize the nature of this endeavor like this:

Programming code lower level and higher level languages.
You need to develop a low level type of language that the computer processor can read. In time research case of study this means you need to understand nature of time and find ways of realizing the concepts and developing the tools that will interact with it in a level that the human brain and traditional physics possibly cannot compute.
You need to develop an intermediate type of language so the low level language from the computer processor can relay it's information to and from the low level type language gradually to higher and higher levels of languages, and that is being repeated in cycles as the levels increase, meaning as the user friendliness of the project functions increases until the human brain can understand the data being relayed since human brain is probably incapable of understanding the raw format of time itself or the raw format of the environments the raw research is being done for the properties and nature of time to be discovered, but can only realize time by detecting the effects of its presence.

So the layout of time research might prove out to be like this:

Researching of methods for discovery of the Raw format of time itself and possibly the different levels or "reality" the research has to interact with, then building tools to translate the discovered format, realities in to more "understandable" concepts for the human nature. Even the concept of time research itself was elusive until computers have been discovered. Methodology is likely to resemble computer programming.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join