It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Letting your freak flag fly. What conspiracys do you believe in even without evidence?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Heya folks.

I was on a thread discussing the profound implications and serious subject matter that is lady gaga...anyhow, this isn't about her...someone asked me a question that was interesting though.

Basically, it was...I have been on here for ages, yet learned (indoctrinated?) nothing...basically being grumpy I was -still- a skeptic.

Well, Actually, I disagree with this...I am totally a fruit loop nutty bunker dwelling believer in some subject areas...not sure I would choose say, alien visitation, supressed technology for FTL travel, or ancient artifacts showing civilizations potentially millions of years old over something like obama is a reptile...I just do..my mind allows for some things fully and completely while simply ignoring others (I think the plausability sliding scale may be at work here).

Anyhow, I am wondering...what do you "believe" in (or at least fully and completely entertain possible and seek out info to further your positive view on)? Not interested in the whole "I keep a open mind and will accept anything with evidence" stuff...thats sort of the standard norm for any subject by anyone.

I am talking full blown arguments even in the face of rational discussions, getting a bit miffed when people bring in counter arguments (begrudgingly accept, but know its only a matter of time before your belief is justified).

Where does your freak flag fly?

My areas of total softie illogically supporting without evidence are:
- Alien thing...no, not the "I am an alien" type...but start talking about ancient astronauts and you got my cheering section...along with the overall philosophical argument in itself as it makes total sense to me

- Ancient Civs on earth...perhaps human, or some previous intelligent species that rose and fell

-Tech Supression. This is pretty obvious to me for economic enslavement

I would say those are my top 3 loves on here that, even without the smoking gun, I am sold completely and very little will sway me to think otherwise due to its logical foundation.

I also heavily entertain -some- spiritual/paranormal things, such as the ghost threads...however, I am pretty hard nosed in those areas (paradox thinking...I dismiss and debunk ghosts...its a reaction for me trying to debunk my own "ghost" experiences...seeking actual truth there verses any argument for or against it...)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I am "gaga" (LOL) over the ancient aliens/starters of humanity ideas. I have read stuff, and etc, but it just feels right to me, no matter what debunkers say.

I also am a believer in alien abduction theory but am very skeptical about what is presented as proof. Go figure.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

NWO..... greedy corporate monsters, financially, physically, psychologically and morally raping the masses.

On a lighter note prehistoric or ancient civilisation is my sh**. I mean cmon mirrored architectural ideas and oral histories just appear simultaneously on each continent. Man only evolved into a civilized and rational being within the last 5,000 years of the 175,000 modern man has walked the earth as evidenced by remains. Weve ben here before. We got the T Shirt

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ceriddwen
I am "gaga" (LOL) over the ancient aliens/starters of humanity ideas. I have read stuff, and etc, but it just feels right to me, no matter what debunkers say.

Yes, you are aware, you are totally seeing clearly!

I also am a believer in alien abduction theory but am very skeptical about what is presented as proof. Go figure.

oops, nevermind, your crazy.

edit on 17-4-2011 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by MsAmen
reply to post by SaturnFX

NWO..... greedy corporate monsters, financially, physically, psychologically and morally raping the masses.

the NWO is just greedy corporate monsters doing the stuff you mentioned...the world is a commodity and product to label and sell.

On a lighter note prehistoric or ancient civilisation is my sh**. I mean cmon mirrored architectural ideas and oral histories just appear simultaneously on each continent. Man only evolved into a civilized and rational being within the last 5,000 years of the 175,000 modern man has walked the earth as evidenced by remains. Weve ben here before. We got the T Shirt

Seems there is alot of interest in the ancient civs stuff...discovery should throw some people on it...skip the ancient aliens for a bit and do hidden and very ancient civilizations/anomoly artifacts, etc...
that would cause a big stir..like the ancient alien stuff, but I think a bit more down to earth would gain alot of interest.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I kinda believe in the 2012 stuff. I don't know why, but I just do. I truly think really big things are on the horizon for all of us next year. Just a feeling.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybee
I kinda believe in the 2012 stuff. I don't know why, but I just do. I truly think really big things are on the horizon for all of us next year. Just a feeling.

-thumps you-

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Unfortunately OP you took one of my main ones right away.

I am completely one hundred percent sold on the idea that an ancient civilization existed on this planet that was most likely human, which possessed technology at or exceeding our current level.

At the same time I 'know' for a fact that our ancestors arrived here from Mars after a natural disaster made living there an impossibility.

Finally I am convinced that there is a secret Nazi base that is still in operations in Antartica vis a vi the Admiral Byrd Operation High Jump account of 1947.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Area 51.
I really do think (or want to) that UFOs have crashed and we snagged the tech and reverse engineered it.
That's why aliens don't visit us face to face.
The Earthlings have a reputation in the galaxy as "tech cannibals" and they are afraid to turn their backs on us.
Of course that would mean that all the UFO sightings, abductions etc. are really us.

And on the other hand, I also like to follow the ideas of Jacques Vallée, John Keel (and Trevor James Constable to a certain extent. ).

Depends on how I feel that day.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sabreblade
Area 51.

I fully accept the fact that there are many places on earth with highly secret research going on. I however don't believe there is anything remarkable about area 51...its too pop culture and so is now a red herring imo.
the "real" stuff is probably going on in places like the artic circle, the ocean floor, or places you generally wouldn't even consider

maybe at one time..but once the heat turns up, any responsible secrecy based operation will overnight go to another site..they wouldn't however immediately squash the talk about the old site that is now harmless...good cover.

I really do think (or want to) that UFOs have crashed and we snagged the tech and reverse engineered it.
That's why aliens don't visit us face to face.
The Earthlings have a reputation in the galaxy as "tech cannibals" and they are afraid to turn their backs on us.
Of course that would mean that all the UFO sightings, abductions etc. are really us.

Heh, tech cannibals...well, your damn right.
If someone crashes a super cool warp ship in my backyard, I am certainly looking under the hood and trying to back engineer if possible.

I don't think this is some sort of unique trait however...all species of life we know of uses whatever it can to get ahead of the pack and survive...its pretty much instinct. The civilized animal will of course use negotiation and trade to aquire the edge when possible, the uncivilized will war for it...lets hope we go the civil route.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I think there is evidence to support my beliefs, and personal experiences, but the following areas can't be well proven.

I believe in many of the paranormal ideas such as entities (ghosts, phantoms, etc.) that we cannot prove exist. (having had some personal experiences, and researching some interesting cases)

I believe in aliens visiting us. (and that they too, are keeping their activities secret)

I believe in powers of the mind. (that at least there are some abilities we can't fully explain).

I believe in a secret cabal controlling things more than our elected government.

I believe there are groups within the military that have access to advanced technology that is many decades ahead of our current, public technology (though I do think this gap is reduced gradually, so maybe only a couple of decades these days).

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The fossils of large animals are merely the bones tossed off long ago by giant alien picnic attendees.

The stars are merely holes in a black, hollow sphere, through which light shines from an outside source.

ATS is a CIA front.

The Earth is both hollow and flat - I call it the Pita Bread model of the Earth. Yum! Fill it with potato salad, and chow down.

Charles Fort made it all up.

UFO's have been identified - as UFO's! We should have called them WTF's or whatthehellwasthat's.

The real secrets are locked up in the Vatican Library, the vaults of the Smithsonian, Rosslyn Chapel, or inside one of those one-city-block-sized buildings in downtown SLC (they lack windows for a reason). Everything else has been fed to us as a distraction.

There will be three things left after the nuclear armaggedon: Robert DeNiro's wart, Jeff Rense's wig, and cockroaches.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
you know, i kinda think that aliens assisted the egyptians in their pyramid makings... and also every other civilization around the world that was doing the same thing.

just a thought that I play with a lot... I am sure a lot of you do, it's quite common

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Hollow Earth!!!

ahaha alright, I am joking about that one... but I seriously read about that sh*t for like a whole week.

what can I say I love reading.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by itaii
Hollow Earth!!!

ahaha alright, I am joking about that one... but I seriously read about that sh*t for like a whole week.

what can I say I love reading.

hollow earth I find is impractical and goes against my conventional scientific understanding of earth

however, I am pretty positive there are caverns under earth that are the size of small continents and a cave network like a bowl of spagetti connecting it all, where I could see some form of society living.
There are oceans upon oceans of water under the earth, so water is no problem...fungus and such grows fine in the pitch black, and who knows what else.

I think the term "hollow earth" turns people off from the subject of cavern dwellers or some other nifty name that is more accurate.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

I think the term "hollow earth" turns people off from the subject of cavern dwellers or some other nifty name that is more accurate.

Yes, I agree. I think of the hollow earth theory as the "hollow head" theory...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

While I was reading about it I was like, no one is going to fall for any of this crap...

some people waste their time exploring incredibly strange scenarios i guess.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by itaii
reply to post by Lazarus Short

While I was reading about it I was like, no one is going to fall for any of this crap...

some people waste their time exploring incredibly strange scenarios i guess.

Never fully dismiss anything though, that is just as intellectually destructive as accepting everything as truth without evidence.

Is it -possible- for the earth to be little more than a shell with a hollow interior? well, there is a interesting theory on gravity suggesting that, like a ripple on a pond, gravity works with waves verses just a draw.
and material packs in around these waves, effectively creating a shell. depending on the cores makeup and size, the matter wave will be larger or smaller, giving the appearance of a larger or smaller planet, when its really just shells.

Do I believe that? naa...would need some hard evidence, however, the theory is pretty interesting to speculate on nonetheless..and who knows, such a theory may turn out to be true in the end...until we get some technology to dig down a thousand miles, we simply got to guess what is beneath the crunchy outer coating we are standing on (I am thinking a marshmellow center)

Incidently, don't believe or disbelieve something based on peer pressure
anything you ever will believe in, or entertain, will be labelled by some out there as nonsense, brainwashed, etc...just pick what you find is plausable, accept it may not be the truth, but you find it plausable nonetheless, and dismiss anyone whom insults you for considering it, or demands you think differently...
Its never about impressing others with how reasonable you can be...its about seeking out the truth.

and truth has a way of hiding behind some pretty incredible claims that are initially dismissed and ridiculed.
edit on 19-4-2011 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Hmmmm.....
I believe the moon landings are fake.
I believe the holocaust is a myth.
I believe in ETs, UFOs and ancient aliens.
I believe in hollow earth.
I believe Mars is inhabited and has life, atmosphere, flora, water.
I believe the Nazis had saucer craft, contact with ETs and Vril, and have a base on the moon.
I believe a missle hit the Pentagon.

Maybe more but that's what mainly comes to mind.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tom502

I believe a missle hit the Pentagon.

...and yes it was a missle.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join