It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We’re Not From The Milky Way Galaxy! We’re Sagittarians, Say Scientists! What Of Earth's Future

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZarbeMomin
if im a staggatarius am i a special alien? lol

Nope! You're just like the aliens from the Milky Way!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

figure it out

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

No clue...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

I'm sorry. I'm not trying to push my point of view onto you but the last thing I read kind of through me off. How can you say that space does not effect things that happen on Earth? It has everything to do with what happens on Earth.

We see what "rains" down from above. Big things that happen above trigger the "little" things that happen on Earth.

Galaxy - Solar System - Earth - US

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
What's that Lassie? This topic is an exact copy of an article?

Link

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

Might be confusing a couple of points, it's actually Uranus with the near perpendicular axial tilt,...

I figured I might be confusing some data about Uranus and Neptune -- I was just too lazy to look it up on Wikipedia

Anyway, yeah, a lot of peculiar orbits seem to indicate some sort of near brush with another solar system in the past. The "debris field" between Mars and Jupiter, means that at least one planet had an actual collision.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

You might want to read my post a couple of posts up...i say more or less what you do.

Although, being a layman, i do instinctively feel that everything is a very delicate 'balancing act', and while you are correct regarding planetary alignments not unduly influencing life on Earth, and MW stars being relatively distant, we're talking about a compounded, cumulative affect.

It's not about the nearest star system being near enough to directly have an affect, it's about the total amount of stars and systems *arranged in a linear path* along the plane of the Galaxy, all contributing their seemingly negligible gravity which would have a cumulative effect. We actually traverse this area twice in one 'cycle'.

12,500 in each half cycle.

12,500 years ago (10,500 BC approx) is when the last ice age ended.

It's also when the Sphinx in Egypt lines up directly with the constellation of Leo (as per Graham Hancock).

The general theory is that during the last galactic plane transit 12,500 years ago, the Earth suffered as a result of the cumulative gravitational effects of both the stars and systems, but also from the massive black hole that is theorised to reside at the center of the Galaxy. The key phrase here is 'cumulative effects' i suppose.

Cheers.

2,000 years from the "coldest" point of the galactic plane? That's less than 15% of the way.

Look, you are missing my point about a car passing by having more of a gravity effect than Jupiter ON YOU. The temperature of space, is about 1 degree above absolute zero. Raising that 20% is still not even a blip of energy compared to the sun. And you're acting as if Gravity lines up in a cumulative fashion.... no, it doesn't, I use evidence, the tides of the planet earth; we get TWO high tides a day, yet the moon is only on one side of the planet. My "ah-hah" moment about gravity came as a result of thinking of WHY high tides were equal and opposite -- and I'm still contending that it is poorly understood. Gravity, always exhibits a "diffusion" -- so it does not concentrate. In the event where gravity is organized -- you get magnetism. The difference between light and radio waves is the amount of energy that needs to be released during a give time -- the "time window" is always the same. Less energy, and you get a "sphere" like a radio wave. More energy, and you get a "narrow frequency" and two photons of light (usually equal and opposite directions). Blue light, has a narrower band than Red light -- which has a lower frequency.

>> If gravity "concentrated" -- the high tide would be toward the moon, and the LOWEST tide would be on the opposite side of the globe. But the earth expresses "less" gravity in the direction opposite to the direction of strongest gravity. I have other ideas from what the traditional explanation is -- but it illustrates the point that if there were a "force line" along the plane of the galaxy -- it would "spread out" space/time such that you would have LESS heat energy. Heat is the amount of kinetic energy in a given space. The High Tides -- represent water that is "less compacted" -- the molecules are actually spreading out on a plane with the moon -- that means less heat.

Here is something that is NOT addressed by modern physics (to my knowledge) but is kind of obvious by observation; matter on a large planet like Jupiter or a super dense object like a black hole -- is denser. However, an object being attracted TOO that gravity well, actually becomes less dense. It's part and parcel of the strong force in atoms -- the entire planet's gravity does not directly influence each molecule. And a large gravity well, actually causes gravity to be "expressed" on vectors NOT in line with the greatest mass. It will be proved, I predict, that gravity is stronger but more diffuse than once thought -- and new understanding will remove this myth of "dark matter." Magnetism is merely gravity that is organized and is the same force -- but I'm getting off the main point again.

OK, I don't want to diverge too much from standard physics to my own -- the point is, that in both standard, theoretical, and observed models, we don't see this "alignment" of gravity. This is merely a psychological "guess" from people used to standard physics -- they EXPECT gravity to line up and concentrate -- yet it doesn't follow the rules of "common sense."

By being off the plane of the Galaxy -- the solar system's "average" distance to the galactic center and other solar systems has not changed by much.

>> Also, if there were ANY real effect by the alignment of the galactic plane -- you'd see some sort of very consistent effects every 25,000 years -- and there isn't. One "ice age" that lines up within a few thousand years is merely a data point. There is a larger influence by the types of Flora and Fauna on the planet effecting the climate than there is of any 25,000 year pattern.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
HIP 13044 is new blue planet discovered Nov.2010, they say it come from another Galaxy ..
www.bbc.co.uk...
www.spacedaily.com...
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.2shared.com...

The star HIP 13044 is exactly in the center of this image. Photo ESO

Zoomed
www.2shared.com...
www.youtube.com...

Peace
edit on 18-4-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
On Google Sky..
2h 47m 37s, -36 06' 51

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Looking at this subject from a goegraphical point of view - There is a alignment of Duat stars with Structures such as Stone Henge, the Giza Pyramids etc - not only these ancient structures but also Natural features such as mountains, Duat stars are the brightest ones because they are closer to the Sun/Earth. Stars such as Sirius, the legendry brightest star, Rigel a massive blue star in Orion aslo other Orion stars, Alderbaran the Red Giant star in Taurus, to name but a few.
This window of alignment occurs for approx 200 years in a approx 26,000 processional cycle.
2012 is the date when this cyle ends and returns to to fixed stars constellations of Aquarius, Leo, Taurus and Scorpio. 2012 is not only the Mayan Cycle but was also measured by the Ancient Egyptians "Zep Tepi" which means "The First Time"
The alignment of our Sun to the powerhouse at the core of the Milky Way is a real thing which is occuring now.
The dwarf galaxy being drawn into outer/midway spiral arms of the Milky Way is merging at a mind boggling time scale it is more like an exquisite dance or embrace and not the crash bang science fiction.
There are Big changes ahead which we are now seeing unfold -
Those few, the minority manipulate the majority into a form of mental slavery - will they cease their ways.
Mother Nature has turned into the mythological godess of destruction Kali - Yet that is a story and what we are witnessing is real.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkeligos
What's that Lassie? This topic is an exact copy of an article?

Link

Hell's bells! It's the other way around!! They've copied my thread on ATS word for word!! They should have at least referenced this web site!

But what the heck! Spreading knowledge is not a crime especially when you know that man made Global Warming is a hoax!
And we should all know!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Not to rain on everyone's interstellar parade, but I'm not sure you realize most of the central tenets have long been debunked, (including by the very scientists who are quoted):
blogs.discovermagazine.com...

There are also follow up studies that the intersection is closer to 15kcp away.

If I am missing any newer or additional information, kindly let me know so I can take a look.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
But, but I'm a leo dammnit!
Saggi rising though...go figure.

edit on 20-4-2011 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Counttrarian
reply to post by OrionHunterX

I'm not sure you realize most of the central tenets have long been debunked, (including by the very scientists who are quoted):
blogs.discovermagazine.com...
If I am missing any newer or additional information, kindly let me know so I can take a look.

Debunked?
By who? From some 'scientist' picked up by Discover magazine? I suggest you read some of the science and astronomy forums to get a better idea if this is true or not!

Our solar system is hurtling through space while angled nearly perpendicular to the plane of the Milky Way, new computer models suggest.

"It's almost like we're sailing through the galaxy sideways," said study team leader Merav Opher, an astrophysicist at George Mason University in Virginia.

The findings, detailed in the May 11 issue of the journal Science, suggest the magnetic field in the galactic environment surrounding our solar system is pitched at a sharp angle and not oriented parallel to the plane of the Milky Way as previously thought.

Some links here:

www.space.com...
www.newton.dep.anl.gov...
www.telusplanet.net...

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Counttrarian

just read a bit of that article and hhmmm, i would love to know where this individual plucks his info from??? "there is no reason for our solar system to follow the disc of the milky way!" what?? my thought there is justify what your saying cus everything we see in the universe orbits in disc's and along the plane of its coure, from moons round planets to our own solar system to every single galaxy we look at, so what this so called de-bunker is saying is that 99% of the universe is a freak accident that shouldnt happen!

lmao, some of you people really need to think about what people are saying to you a little bit!!!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by sema sema

Hey our solar system is perpedicular to the plane of the milky way galaxy.. Look it up.
Other planetary systems we are not sure about yet, if I'm not mistaken

I

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Angelic Resurrection

true witch gives evidence to us possibly originating in the sagiterian gallaxy, witch is also sloped at that same angle to the milky way!

just a question too, at the core of galaxies are black holes yes? does anybody know where the black hole at the core of the sagitarious galaxy is now!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by sema sema
just a question too, at the core of galaxies are black holes yes? does anybody know where the black hole at the core of the sagitarious galaxy is now!

Firstly, black holes are myth! No one's proved it as yet. These are just inferences and deductions.
Secondly, if black holes are proved to be fact, then it's most likely that Sagittarius' black hole would have disappeared as it would have been absorbed by the Milky Way galaxy.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

reply to post by Angelic Resurrection

true witch gives evidence to us possibly originating in the sagiterian gallaxy, witch is also sloped at that same angle to the milky way!

All galaxies do not have black holes at their centres. If sagitarius galaxy had a black hole, it might have merged
already with the milky way central black hole.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX

Firstly, black holes are myth! No one's proved it as yet. These are just inferences and deductions.
Secondly, if black holes are proved to be fact, then it's most likely that Sagittarius' black hole would have disappeared as it would have been absorbed by the Milky Way galaxy.

news.bbc.co.uk...

you should both read the above link, black holes are far from myth lmao! there mathmatically proved and now oh look a picture of our own milky way centre eating a star! so please if you may, would either of you like to tell me what that is eating a star if not a black hole! and could you be so kind as to back it up with a bit of math please!

also its very unlikelty that the sagiterian black hole has travelled the distance and merged with the milky way black hole, i just dont see that being possible when in earlier diagrams we see the sagi gallaxy still floating around the milky way, i think that thing may still be out there somewhere!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join