It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We’re Not From The Milky Way Galaxy! We’re Sagittarians, Say Scientists! What Of Earth's Future

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
So...WE are the Aliens!

A seriously compelling read, VERY tasty for my brain, mmmm.
Favorited for sure, definitely worth keeping an eye on.

"Stars raining down on our position"

Oh a nice game of galactic dodgeball! sounds fun!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
The theory is that as we cross the plane, the alignment with MW centre and all other bodies that are along the plane, and the combined gravitational affects, influence our system and conditions here on Earth (as well as the rest of our system too).

reply to post by spikey

W = Regeneration
M = Degenenation

according to some source...

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

According to some, we may be approaching the galactic equinox in the very near future. Well, that's according to this interesting video. But the moot question is, why is our Solar System oscillating along the galactic plane?

They say we would be at that plane between 2010 and 2015. Perhaps that's what the 2012 myth is all about!!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angelic Resurrection
I find little chance of that happening even if you take the increased solar flare activity or warming up of solar system as a whole. Have the scientists specifically predicted any catastrophe hrtr on earth?

Well, the whole wide world is talking about 2012!
But I think it's all exaggerated, never mind the increased incidents of earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, tsunamis, CMEs, strange weather phenomena and so on that we've been witnessing lately and which has provided grist to the 2012 doom-sayers!!

edit on 16-4-2011 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Yes, but there comes a point when it is 1 or 2 years left to that cycle. Obviously...

You, nor I know how old the universe is and the precise timings of its cycles.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

True...

But what's the point of living to 90 if you are handwringing about the next doomsday every second of the day? The typical human goes through no less than 5 doomsday scenarios in their lifetime. Seems like there is a doomsday around every corner now. And that's just the doomsdays. Then you have to add in nuclear disasters, earthquakes, hurricanes, wars, oil spills, financial meltdowns, and other real world events that we can actually see.

I guess it just gets sort of old to me. Too much stuff to process in one man's lifetime.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE

Originally posted by Mayura
reply to post by Jepic

Hehe... there may be more to this measly little life than you think. Next year is going to be of epic proportions...

P.S. Global warming is really going to kick up a notch once this planet turns into a star.

this PLANET doesn't have the mass or "fuel" to to create and sustain fusion and"turn into a star"

edit on 15-4-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-4-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

Ok, tell me that once the process really kicks into gear... 2012.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
reply to post by spikey

Highlander! "There can be only one".

Interesting point about outliving everyone else. True the knowledge and monetary wealth one could accumulate in thousands of years of life, conversely though to repeatably watching your love ones age and die became too much to subject oneself to over and over to the point of avoiding love. But ultimately I believe Highlander decided it is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.

Agreed.

In my ideal little imaginary world, we'd all live as long as Highlander did!

Births would be thin on the ground, but hey..if they never existed, they're not missing out.
I think it's better to have loved and lost too...even if the losing part is painful.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by laslidealist

yep no immediate changes here on Earth just ask Japan if something for them changed overnight
Yep no changes in New Orleans
The Earth itself can change in an instant but it just might not effect you but it does effect someone

WOW! No *bleep*! Of course the earth undergoes changes. I never disputed that. In case you may have missed it, this thread is about colliding galaxies and how some think it's gonna turn us into something else.

Earthquakes and hurricanes have nothing to do with space. Their are earthly phenomenas.

OH! Sucker! How does it feel to get done!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ILovePeace

Yep. But by that time we are either dead or a thriving and prosperous galactic civilisation and metropolis looking back at the history of earth and how there was once a time where the human race was enslaved by a group of bankers and corporatists.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

But the moot question is, why is our Solar System oscillating along the galactic plane?

Excellent question mate...the honest answer is that i don't know why our system oscillates along the GP..

I'd guess gravity is the key, and also the reason why crossing the GP is dicey for us.

I'n my minds eye, i see our system weaving up and down, above and below the plane. When we get closer to the actual GP, (in either the upward or downward phase of the transit) i'd guess the combined gravitational pull of the MW bodies, causes our system to accelerate and once we've passed the center, we lose inertia gained from the completed phase, and again are overcome by the GP gravity to begin our return leg of the journey.

Could be something totally unrelated, such as dark matter / energy influencing our system to oscillate?
We know matter exists, and we know antimatter exists...is it possible there are physics 'out there' in the Galaxy that permit the existence of natural stellar anti-gravity as an antithesis to what we call gravity? If so, it could also be a contributory factor to the oscillations of our system...perhaps we are being both pulled/accelerated by gravity, and being repelled by 'anti-gravity'..

Cheers.
edit on 16/4/2011 by spikey because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

From my understanding, the reason that many choose to research these cosmic questions is for piece of mind. While you may not believe, that does not necessarily mean others are wrong or that you are wrong. I just find it interesting to read about matters that invoke deep thinking. Instead of watching lady gaga's new video or learning the new trends in the world, I personally would rather indulge into topics that would help my perception grow.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by OrionHunterX

But the moot question is, why is our Solar System oscillating along the galactic plane?

Excellent question mate...the honest answer is that i don't know why our system oscillates along the GP..

Lol. It only means that the plane of rotation is tilted at a certain angle to the GP.
No exotic AG or dark matter and no whacky physics there.
Hope that helps

Cheers

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
This is a fantastic thread, well researched, and carefully written so as to explain things simply and clearly.

End of the world-wishers and scaremongering-flag farmers take note, your threads suck donkey-dong compared to this factual and insightful read.

Most usefully, this thread provides further substance to the anti-anthropomorphic global warming proponents arguments and I applaud it.

Well done!

The Rev.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
You mean...we're Sagittarons??? Tom Zarek for President?

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
wow really this is fiction , but its good to know.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
The Milky Way Galaxy is also a part of a larger cluster of Galaxies called the Virgo Cluster - As far as Humanity is concerned we are part of The Milky Way - The process of the Sun being born within the Orion Arm of the Milky Way Galaxy took place within the Milky Way. The so called Saggitarius dwarf galaxy is not the only other such galaxy contained by the Milky Way - All galaxies are connected everything is connected - Galaxies gradually merge - nothing to fear - all is how it should be apart from Humanities disconnectedness to Nature be that Mother Earth or Universal Nature - the only thing we should fear is our own ignorance. Of course much depends on your perception - ie IT ALL came about by chance or Higher Intelligence/Design. If you think the first then there is no purpose to life - if you think the second then you should consider what the purpose of the Earth is and your purpose for being here.
edit on 16-4-2011 by artistpoet because: typos

edit on 16-4-2011 by artistpoet because: spellin

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX
reply to post by spikey

According to some, we may be approaching the galactic equinox in the very near future. Well, that's according to this interesting video. But the moot question is, why is our Solar System oscillating along the galactic plane?

They say we would be at that plane between 2010 and 2015. Perhaps that's what the 2012 myth is all about!!

Of course the Mayan as well as many other ancient cultures knew of tthis alignment - perhaps the details differ but for sure our Solar system ia making a cyclical alignment with the centre/black hole of the Milky Way.
The black Hole Centre is located in Saggitarius towards Scorpio. This was known by Ancients as the Southern Stargate - The Northern Stargate being opposite located between Gemini and Tuarus - When we look toward this so called Northen Stargate we are in fact looking away from the Milky Way Centre. Coincidently we are entering a new aeon or age ie Aquarius from Pisces - an aeon/age is approx a 2,100 year period of time.
How will this affect the Earth - It is happening now, we are already in an approx 20 year alignment when our solar system passes across the central core of The Galaxy - Over a very short period of time Polar shift has expedantially occured on Jupiter and other planets - also our Earths Polar Shift has speeded up - Some put this down to this alignment -
Earthquakes have increased - so too freakish weather - part of the scientific community who can predict such events have been purposely ignored. Humanities misuse of Earth by using such stupid ways as Nucluer Power has only compounded these "Natural" disasters.
It is comforting to pooh pooh disturbing info - Yet it is plain now to many that we can not just stand silently by and become mind slaves to a system that is self destrucitve when there is so much happening - So do we stay the same - fighting phoney wars - allowing private bankers and corporations to run the show - who's Earth is it anyway - certainly not theirs or their stooge governments. We are private individuals They are public servants - seems they have the roles reversed,
We know all too well that a change is needed and this is a time of cosmic changes - soon no one will be able to sit on the fence - We all have a choice - To stay as we are and go futher into decline or to raise our spirits in unison and be who we truly are. Everything is connected - we are all connected - All borders are phoney illusions - All Priests and Queens and Kings are but those who place themselves above others and rule through fear and violence. All that is false must perish. Universal Law is an unstoppable force - who do align yourself with - Your fellow beings or selfishness.
edit on 16-4-2011 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-4-2011 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
It's to be at the exact Nexus, are you kidding me? As anymore evidence was needed to prove that other elements are at work...something much bigger than we can understand. It is something that has escaped us since the dawn of man but something that we have had an inkling of for as long as we can remember.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
if im a staggatarius am i a special alien? lol

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join