It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

interesting statistic

page: 1

join
share:
BR

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Several years ago I was watching Hard Copy and they tried to do a special on unknown military projects. The information obtained was basically nil - but they did come to one conclusion that I thought was interesting:

They concluded that our military was AT LEAST 50 years ahead of us in technology. That was taking into account the rate at which technology compiles every year. If you think about that.... it is truely amazing. Look at where we are now:

-Microchips implanted on the brain to allow blind people to see light outlines of objects - transfered via a small camera mounted on a pair of sunglasses

-Body suits that can "sense" when a projectile has been fired at it and (because of it's special bullet-proof spider silk formula) and "flare up" in a 4" circle where you will be hit and keep you from being injured. *Side note - Spiders cannot be harvested of their silk in a timely fashion, so they spliced the silk making genes into goats and produced goats that could produce spider silk in their milk. When separated from the milk it takes on a powdery white consistancy. They then melt it and create what they want with it.

-Guns now shoot grenades that have a microchip on it that can "read" the terrain covered and explode just when it is past any obstuctions and kill all.

-There are to rovers still roaming the face of mars at the very moment and sending us back high resolution color photos.

-These small samples are just a fraction of the things that you can see everyday on the science channel that are absolutely for real. Now imagine 50 years ahead of this.

Interesting.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I also came up with about 50 years ahead of the rest of the public for what's in the skunk works. I just came upon this number by watching a tv show on when projects in the skunk works came into retirement into the public arena. I imagine right now, the skunk works may be using anti-gravity propulsion devices and they may have even obsoleted the jet engine except for mundane tasks.

The US government or military establishment could very well be conducting trade with alien civilizations for 50 years before the public officially discovers signs of alien intelligent life too. Hmmm, it's been about 50 years now and a little rock from Mars was made public about it containing signs of life. Maybe bits and pieces more will come out soon. I think if the US government came clean and announced we were trading with alien civilization B, and conducting guerilla warfare with alien civilization C while in a pseudo alliance against C with alien civilization E, then it would be a bit too much for the public to believe.

BR

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
The masses are sheep. If they were ever to learn of anything of the nature afoot they would all storm off the cliff in one great blaze of ignorant bliss.

I'm not sure of what I am least inclined to like - the idea of the Government leaking the truth about some terrible lie or the ignorant reaction of the absolutely dellusioned masses.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I honestly feel that 50 years ahead is a bit unrealistic, perhaps 20.. Sorry but I don't swallow everything the media feeds me whole

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
well lets loook at it this way, the newest "acknowledged" craft in us fleet is the B-2 anf F-117, both built and designed in the 70's. The joint strike fighter and f-22 were designed in the 80's. Now in 04, I imagine we have far more advanced craft w are testing but not "officially" showing. The real trick is to keep them secret until after production and then even for as long as possible. The reason is clear, we don't want potential emenies knowing what we have and how it works so they can develope counter measures to stop it. Another issue is the most advanced technology vs what is buit and being tested. This may account for the 20- 50 year difference.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   

The masses are sheep. If they were ever to learn of anything of the nature afoot they would all storm off the cliff in one great blaze of ignorant bliss.

yeah yeah yeah... if the so-called ignorant "masses" would ever learn of anything of the nature afoot, they would storm contemptful elitists like you from power and off the cliff in one great blaze of explosive intelligence!

A medieval monk once said: "Those who are accusing the masses of being ignorant, these are the very ones who are keeping knowledge away from them."

BR

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I don't guess that medieval monk was around to watch what happens when a local favorite hockey team wins a cup then.

That's just a hockey game.

[edit on 31-7-2004 by BR]

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
What they've got is "gee, we'd like to do this" plans. They actually don't have the technology; they have a wish list.

They go to various industries with their wish lists and get bids; the lucky contractor gets to set a delivery date and parameters. They're working 5-10 years ahead at a time, but it isn't alien technology.

My dad was involved with this, and was examining and reviewing the Cheyenne helicopter prototypes in the mid-1960's (he brought home a button from a conference ("shy Anne)... said it was a helicopter and couldn't discuss it further. He gave me the button as a souvenier (lost many moves ago.))

It's all just basic earth tech, and the same kind of stuff that your basic high tech company is working on. They also have plans for "what can we develop in 5-10 years" and it's all based on existing tech. No aliens needed. Just bright engineers with a good sense of what you can do.

top topics

join