It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joining 2012 Survival Communities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I just watched a report on cnbc television a few nights ago here is a Link to the website. I wish I could find the 1-hour special but I can't find it online.
Anyway just wanted to see if any of you are planning to join one of these communities, in the near future and how this will affect your lives when you do.

This just seems a bit too extreme for me and cultish but I respect anyone that wishes to do this.
Personally I am hoping for the best!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
What are these 'survival communities' portending to offer, exactly? The whole idea reeks of sly profiteering to me.

I always thought much of the hype about 2012 was a marketing ploy to advertise that film about it, funnily enough entitled "2012". I can't wait for 2012, so I can laugh at all the gullible morons who were ripped off and will be left standing around looking absurdly foolish.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

Been looking at those communities as well but not sure. I'm leaning towards going it solo as more people means more distrust and more chances of enemies from within.

At least in my camp, I call the shots and will be the only one to suffer any consequences.

In a community, if you know you are right with a decision and everyone else is wrong, you have to go against your instincts for the common good.

Problem is you may be the only person right because of personal experience and knowledge, argue your point and be taken as a trouble maker. Then you're out with nothing.

Yup...solo I think.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DeepThoughtCriminal

I thought so too but apparently not.

There are hundreds of these places selecting people by profession and lottery to go underground for the duration but I really don't understand how this works. Are they supposed to show up 12/20/2012 or 11/21/2012 or what happens if it occurs earlier??? Not that I think anything will happen, but are they then going to stay down there for years on end???

Just looking for clarification on this subject by someone who is interested.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeepThoughtCriminal
What are these 'survival communities' portending to offer, exactly? The whole idea reeks of sly profiteering to me.

I always thought much of the hype about 2012 was a marketing ploy to advertise that film about it, funnily enough entitled "2012". I can't wait for 2012, so I can laugh at all the gullible morons who were ripped off and will be left standing around looking absurdly foolish.

I don't think it's 2012 we have to worry about but a slow slide into tyranny and a police state. Either way, the hills look good to me.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I'm gonna build a treehouse!

ATS Link

edit on 4/14/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum
reply to post by jude11

I'm gonna build a treehouse!

ATS Link

edit on 4/14/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

Seen the West Coast ones when I lived there.

Don't think I want to be up where everything is and everyone can see me tho.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeepThoughtCriminal

Yea but in the case SHTF you won't be the one to be laughing nor the one who predicted it. Never be too sure of what the future has to bring IMO.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Your right up in a tree is not a good idea but I have other ideas similar to the movie, 'The Time Machine' (new one).

More defensive, less conspicuous, naturally camouflaged and not underground like a rodent lives.
But hopefully it won't come to this!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

In a community, if you know you are right with a decision and everyone else is wrong, you have to go against your instincts for the common good.

Great point and great post all around...

The best idea IMO would be to go solo or hang with those you trust - and unless it's a family member or the childhood friend that put it on the line for you during that epic kick-the-can session in 6th grade, you're rolling the dice.

People change under duress/stress, and that isn't the time to figure that out...

BTW - the 'cults' will be the ones you take advantage of to ensure your own survival...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
You people never want to take the trouble to research into things may be off great importance to you ,to your future survival.If you research into the 2012 predictions and sayings,you will come across the revelation that 21-12-2012 is the date of the end of the era that you are in.The ones who claimed to decipher the mayan texts have got their translations and the meaning of the what it stands for wrong. The world will change before that date and the major changes will end on that date.Mother earth will still be in stages of upheaval to regenerate and heal the damages that have been done to her after that date. Things are happening now and things will escalate as this year goes on to the most of 2012. Before the month of december 2012 majority of the world will be not be recognisable.

StarWorld Earth Central Communication Center ( to seek and establish communication with the benevolent beings who are waiting to rescue worthy earthlings in designated and protected areas. Protection from the very oppressing forces that are intent on keep mankind from escaping from their domination and control and from the fate they have laid out for all.)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
In any group that you join up with(depending of the size of the group) you have to pick out at least three respectable people to form a committee to lead and decide what is best. It is not advisable to have one leader unless that person is known for his sensibility and is well respected for his intelligence in doing things fairly. You do not want somebody who has the tendency to become a dictator and wants things to be done his way without sensible reasons.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
You can talk to your friends and joinly prepare a group that consists of people you know and trust to be sensible in bad situations.Those of you in your group should research where to go and how to do it. When it happens you wont have time or will not be able to take with you all that you have prepared.You should look for a mountain with abundance of trees and vegetation.You need them for radiation protection. As you research you will learn more.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum
Anyway just wanted to see if any of you are planning to join one of these communities, in the near future and how this will affect your lives when you do.

I'm "planning" something comparable, but any kind of publicly acknowledged group is like suicide imo.

Best thing to do is know where to find your family and buddies and be discrete about it.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
If the sun wakes up, no community in the world is gonna help you.

top topics

join