It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby Born with Frog Head

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Meh, this sure fugged up the start of my day.

I've read the wiki on this and they mention they don't have a forebrain and therefore can't think and possibly feel (?). But do they really have to toss them around like that?!

This could happen to anyone, remember that.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I will not star or flag, but I am glad the videos were posted. Why I am glad is because it made me realize how so precious life is, and how fortunate and lucky so many of us are who were born without such a bad thing. So many take life for granted, and this helped me to remember again that life is so precious whether it lasts a hundred years, or even only a few seconds...
After I read some of the cruel posts that were left by some, it also made me realize the state of our world today. Many will say "Better him instead of me" etc, etc, I hope someday that the majority of the human race will realize we really are "one" and trulay are effected by things that happen around no matter how near or far.

All of us who were born "normal" and healthy and all of our children and grandchildren, are so fortunate. Yes, thank you for posting this valuable video on how precious life is, and showing how cruel and unevolved we are still.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Beyond Creation

Not only the staff should be punished but whoever posted it to the internet and anyone who "enjoys" these kinds of videos or tries to pass them off for whatever ridiculous hoax like "alien baby" "frog baby" and so forth should really look at themselves as humans.

If it were a "cute" baby that was murdered and the photos were displayed everywhere people would be outraged but since this baby is deformed it becomes your sideshow oddity worth exploiting.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour
Kill it with fire ?

Originally posted by Haydn_17
EL DIABLO!!!

ELLDIABLOO!!

Originally posted by HandBanana3000
I would name him Kermit...

My first born child was born with a birth defect. He only lived for 30 days. On that note, the people quoted above (I am sure I missed a few others...) are evil bastards and they deserve what they will surely get. I am glad that this is the internet and not a face to face discussion, because I would end up in jail...

Originally posted by amatrine
the second one, the baby is holding its own head up. That makes me think it may be a hoax? New born babies can not hold up their heads.
edit on 13-4-2011 by amatrine because: (no reason given)

My daughter (second child) was born 2 months ago. My wife held her on her chest less than an hour after she was born. The first thing she did was pick her head up straight back and look at her mom.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Poor babies...how drs can treat them like that is shocking. Agree with a previous poster, they should have been wrapped in a blanket, cwtched up and shown some bloody compassion. Watching the handling of these babies just appauls me.

To the immature little bleeps posting dispicable comments, any unfortunate individual having a deformity, disfigurement or anything that strays from your 'norms' does not make that baby/person any less a human being.
Shame on you. Treat other people how you like to be treated, no matter what they look like.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by wormworld

How des that look like a frog or experiment? It seems obvious that its just the top section of the head is missing. Why are people always jumping the gun and declairing that it must be an experiment or conspiracy. If they wanted to do that why do it in view of the public? But anyway there is nothing too wrong here, just a deformity where a large part of skull is missing. ITs very misleading saying that he was born with a 'frogs head' for gods sake.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
The people on here who responded to this morally and empathetically, it was good and human of you. These disorders should be brought out to the public and hopefully a cure, sometime in the distant future when we are done backstabbing each other, might be found.

To those that were inhuman and disgusting, it is my vote to have them IP banned with no second chance, there is no call for that kind of vile behavior on this website, maybe there needs to be some sort of member reform.....

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
A little happier story about one that has so far survived a year and has even begun to laugh.

Celebrates his 1st birthday

Some of you here have made me so sick and I agree, I wish we had the ignore function back as I would never want to read another thing written by you. Shame on you!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Have any of you ever been there when something has gone wrong at a birth?

Be it a defect or cord around neck, they tried to help that child.

They were performing CPR. Go back and Open your mind and watch it again.

Thank you for posting this. It is something that happens even tho rare.

In saying that, these videos aren't for everyone.

MM

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
It's times like these that the strength of the Spartans comes to mind. Such a wise people.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Aziroth

Does that include the OP for calling it a frog head and implying its an experiment?!?! I dont get why this was ever said about the poor child

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ahimsa

I agree! What happened to the "Ignore" button? Why has it been removed?
It should be reinstated and any poster who is "ignored" more than a certain number of times, to be determined by the moderators of that particular forum, should be banned, if not from the whole of ATS then at least from that forum!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I really don't like the title of this thread, it's a little mean

Those poor babies have a disorder that many have already pointed out. I have worked with kids who had forms of this, it isn't a nice thing to deal with and the child will more than likely never make it to adulthood let alone their childhood.

Those doctors in the one video need to be beaten! I do not like how they are treating the baby in the video. Poor thing.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

heres the information on this screwed up disorder

Anencephaly is a cephalic disorder that results from a neural tube defect that occurs when the cephalic (head) end of the neural tube fails to close, usually between the 23rd and 26th day of pregnancy, resulting in the absence of a major portion of the brain, skull, and scalp.[1] Children with this disorder are born without a forebrain, the largest part of the brain consisting mainly of the cerebral hemispheres (which include the neocortex, which is responsible for higher-level cognition, i.e., thinking). The remaining brain tissue is often exposed—not covered by bone or skin.[2] Most babies with this genetic disorder do not survive birth

en.wikipedia.org...

Stephanie Keene,[1] better known by the pseudonym Baby K, was born at Fairfax Hospital in Virginia, USA. At the time of her birth, she was missing most of her brain, including the cortex; only the brainstem had developed during pregnancy, the portion of the brain responsible for autonomic and regulatory functions, such as the control of respiration, the heartbeat and blood pressure.[2] The baby's mother had been notified of her condition following an ultrasound,[1] and had been advised to terminate the pregnancy by her obstetrician and neonatologist[3] but chose to carry the child to term because of "a firm Christian faith that all life should be protected".[4] The hospital's viewpoint was that care provided to the baby would be futile.[4] The mother's viewpoint was that mechanical breathing support must be provided during the baby's periodic respiratory crises.[5] Fairfax Hospital doctors strongly advised a Do Not Resuscitate order for the child, which the mother refused. Baby K remained on ventilator support for 6 weeks while Fairfax searched for another hospital to which to transfer, but no other hospital was willing to accept Baby K. After the baby was weaned off constant ventilator support, the mother agreed to move the child to a nursing facility, but the baby returned to the hospital many times for respiratory problems.

and i ask if this happened to your unborn baby would you in your right mind continue the pregnancy and force your child to suffer this much?

i for one would not.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Anencephaly is sad and horribly heart wrenching.That said, it's my understanding that humans born with this condition are not able to achieve consciousness.No pain no depression and no awareness of existence.I am sure I will be slammed for saying this but it is an abomination however that doesn't justify hurting it even if it can't feel pain. Grow up people.
edit on 14-4-2011 by thatonedude because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by clintdelicious

The OP was giving an opinion about the infant, having no idea of the condition, he could easily have come to a conclusion that it could be some experiment. His opinion was not inane, and it was not childish, it was ignorant but not in a intentional way, everyone is ignorant of something until they know otherwise. I have personally seen private genome experiments that turn out even worse than this, the aftermaths are incredibly devastating for the individuals and or the families, if the families ever knew, but what we should all remember; Nature can be cruel all by itself with no help from us.

Its the others who showed no restraint that should be punished.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
NEW LOW FOR ATS

I cant believe this thread is still running. KUDOS to all ATS staff that either ignored the alert, or felt this ignorant exploitation thread is consistent with ATS core values. Congratulations in your new low! I'm disgusted in you all!

IRM
:shk:
edit on 14/4/11 by InfaRedMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I found this website with either the same baby or something similiar, i cant watch this too long as it upsets me too much anyway check out this video and site the news here is ahead of the mainstream.

www.oddee.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Those look like deformed chimps to me

Extremely deformed.
Anything coming from south america is questionable due to the amount of hoaxs that come out there regarding these things.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by tmar11

Originally posted by amatrine
the second one, the baby is holding its own head up. That makes me think it may be a hoax? New born babies can not hold up their heads.
edit on 13-4-2011 by amatrine because: (no reason given)

I know these are in fact real, and do happen, but that's exactly what I was thinking in the second video. Newborns can NOT hold their heads up like that...

All newborn babies are different, some are much stronger than others. I have just looked on a mother and baby forum where there were mothers saying there babies were holding there heads up straight away.

I have two children. My son was a slow developer. Lazy i say
But my daughter was able to hold her head up quite well from the start and was saying momma, nanna and dadda from around 5 months old. It used to scare me how independent she was and still is!

As for the people that say the mothers of these babies should have not continued with there pregnancy. Well some places in the world dont have the healthcare that allows them to have scans and tests to see if there baby is fit and healthy. And there are some mothers that will not go through with a termination even if they are aware of problems. It is a very hard decision to terminate a pregnancy. Maybe they have convinced themselves that everything is find and when there baby arrives it will be ok.

I can say from experiance that it is a hard decission to terminate a baby. My reason was financial and being on the verge of a brake up. But I'm glad i did not do it as i now have a beautiful daughter who not only changed me but bought me and my partner togeather and closer and more in love than ever!

Throughout both of my pregnancies i thought about what if my baby has something wrong, we talked about every possibility and what we would do if anything was wrong, untill you are in that situation you can not comprehend what you would do.

It is a sad world we live in.

edit on 15/4/11 by boo1981 because: Meh my pc is in silly mode!!

edit on 15/4/11 by boo1981 because: Grrrrr what is up with you pc!!!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join