It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can this forum make sense?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Well, it is a thread that is meant to discuss all things Word War 3. Potential causes for example. Which would usually include something going on in the news... Let's use Libya as a very general example. Perhaps some one thinks that what is happening in Libya will lead to WW3. They would be sourcing news articles and what not no doubt.

I am sure you are thinking that maybe there would be discussion of WW3 conspiracies and what not. Well, one could argue that those would fit in General Conspiracy.

The official forum description is:

This forum is reserved for discussion of the powder-keg type atmosphere surrounding the events in the Middle-East, Africa, and Asia; and the geopolitical influences on the uprisings happening there, which combined appear to be the core beginning of World War Three.

So there you have your answer. I hope you understand how this forum makes sense now.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Yes but what if the events are not a precursor to WW3? What if pre labeling something first as a possible world war limits our abilities to decipher the future? There are many bad things going on around this planet, people are prone to blame, and to blame these things on a future world war.... well its kind of ignorant. Its not a simple description or definition that is going to decode and solve these problems, and there might be a deeper problem going on than something called a world war.

Its also a copout, its like calling something the War of Northern Aggression, its part of the story but not the whole truth, and if we did not have historians constantly reminding people that the war happened on both sides, who knows what people would have believed? Who knows what the truth may be if we start off by calling some future event WW3 when indeed it might be something completely different.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I think that this forum is a good idea. Never have I seen a site like ATS that could get so many minds together to actually come up with answers. If I thought that WW3 was happening and it was on the MSM, I would shut off the t.v, sign in and check here first.

I think that ATS is actually complimenting us, and our ability to weed out the crap. If something was happening, we would know faster, and better than most. BTW, I would never wait for the MSM to let me know in advance anything that concerns my well being or others that I care for, but I do depend on ATS for answers that the MSM will not give.

I also dont think that we need to take "World" war so literal, if we really do our search we have individuals wars right now, I think that "World" war would be the one we should be less concerned about.
Here's a couple of things that should be considered a "War" on you.
Food.
Water.
Air.
Personal Liberties.
Finance.
Shelter.
Mind Manipulation.
Big Pharma.
Education, and then some.
That sounds like war to me.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by AnnonymousLurker

Im not saying it will start over Libya. Im saying it will start over the agenda and Libya is a part of that agenda that is easily shown to be a agenda. The war is covert action against nations by a group of nations with a agenda to control it. The actions being used are covert internet uprising through Facebook Twitter so on. Then theres the spying taking place over the internet and even attacks such as STUXnet. These attacks hve even been aimed at China itself and stopped. Other countries are catching on and drawing lines in the sand or even changing sides. Just look at how many diplomats have been kicked out of countries due to leaks from wikileaks. The pieces are being put together and painting a picture and the master piece when finished will be World War 3.

Wow, that`s a lot of sensational claims in a single paragraph. And no solid supporting evidence included either.....

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

France and there war on Africa.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Saudi Arabia turns to China.
Destabilizing of other nations.
Serco behind STUXnet?
edit on 13-4-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hitoshura
Seriously, this is what I'd do, not that it'll happen or anything, but still :

Change the War On Terror forum to simply : War. Then merge the threads already here and put them in there, which will also open that forum up to war in general.

Or rename the forums: "War of Terror" and merge.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Edit : some people have mistaken exactly what I meant here, and I can see how, should've worded this whole post better. I guess confusion got the better of me, so sorry about that. This is from a post on the second page I made to make my point clearer :

Boy, you can say that again....what a waste of space and time. Seriously, pick another battle worth fighting. I'm not sure you are clearer in your 2nd post either.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by neOrevolutionist
....what a waste of space and time.

Yeah, sure. Why do any of us even have a view on things, right? Maybe we can add your wasted wind up attempt to the opening post too.

Originally posted by neOrevolutionist
Seriously, pick another battle worth fighting.

I'm trying to wake up, and have been at it for quite a while. So seriously, wondering if I'm fighting the right battle is the last thing you should be worrying about. If I manage a full awakening before I die I'll try to remember to make as good a thread as I can on here, just so you can be happier at the quality of it.

edit on 13-4-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

France and there war on Africa.
Saudi Arabia turns to China.
Destabilizing of other nations.
Serco behind STUXnet?
edit on 13-4-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

Those are links to further conjecture and speculation. I wanted some kind of evidence that we are actually living through WW3 as we speak. Bear in mind, I accept we are living in times of global conflict ( for which we have a suitable forum already) just not WW3.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Why is this in the news section like it's already happening? Easily the most bizarre thing I've ever seen on here.

Yeah! It's hardly news! Nearly ten years out of date!

At 9 p.m. on Sept. 20, 2001, President George W. Bush addressed a joint session of Congress and a national television audience to launch the "war on terror," a phrase he used for the first time that night. The speech was written by Michael Gerson. After the speech, Bush called Gerson and told him: "I have never felt more comfortable in my life."
middleeast.about.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by nickoli
It has begun in my opinion. This little blog sums it up quite nicely.

www.activistpost.com... Post+%28Activist+Post%29

Interesting and informative link, thanks!

Bush's,

'Our response involves far more than instant retaliation and isolated strikes. Americans should not expect one battle but a lengthy campaign, unlike any other we have ever seen. It may include dramatic strikes, visible on TV, and covert operations, secret even in success. We will starve terrorists of funding, turn them one against another, drive them from place to place, until there is no refuge or no rest. And we will pursue nations that provide aid or safe haven to terrorism. Every nation, in every region, now has a decision to make. Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists. From this day forward, any nation that continues to harbor or support terrorism will be regarded by the United States as a hostile regime.' middleeast.about.com...

Obama's,

"In a volatile situation like this one, it is imperative that the nations and peoples of the world speak with one voice, and that has been our focus," Obama said.articles.cnn.com...

(Incidently, the link to 'Freedom Now', in the link you provided has been removed.)

edit on 13/4/2011 by teapot because: edit

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Hitoshura

Some things start with a whisper, not a bang. Kinda like a flu outbreak.

Many believe we are in the beginning stages of WW3 and it really has started. I am guessing that's why. IMHO

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I like the thought of the new forum. The potential of the threads to come, such as prophecies that may come true, and what if??? And what would YOU do if.... ???

One prophecy (mybe by Cayce if I remember corrrectly?) is that China and Russia will invade the US. One be the east coast, one by the west coast, What if they did? Where would YOU go? What would YOU do?

I just see so much news and so many what if's that could be touched on in this forum.

I for one am glad to see it.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Maybe the ATS owners know something we don't?

I see where you're coming from; and I agree.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

You don't see anyone protesting against WMDs in US, very small amount of people, nor in Russia, nor in France, nor in England... Everyone is obsessed with power, they are proud that their countries have super weapons which can destroy a whole city in one blow.

I'm down with the author, no one wants to change the way things are going, rather prepare for it. This is the mentality sown on the brains of most, because most now believe they have no capability of changing anything, except the extreme ignorant who still can't wait for the next election, thinking their votes are gonna cause change.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arrius
Maybe the ATS owners know something we don't?

I'd like to think they'd actually do something more constructive than make a forum dedicated to a potential world war if so, like leak the information from the sources they had? Or at least not make the forum and try getting as much info out as they thought they could without putting their lives in danger.

Originally posted by P3ACE0WAR

I'm down with the author, no one wants to change the way things are going, rather prepare for it. This is the mentality sown on the brains of most, because most now believe they have no capability of changing anything, except the extreme ignorant who still can't wait for the next election, thinking their votes are gonna cause change.

I'm really starting to hope that Aliens land and at the same time take away everyone's nukes. That'd soon shut some muppets up and put them in their places. I don't care how stupid that sounds to some people either, because a war involving nukes is far more stupid on several levels. Maybe this is the thing that will finally get them to disclose themselves, because if they see nukes flying and governments have been ignoring their requests for disclosure, they'll have trouble on their hands that they can't imagine.
edit on 14-4-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by RicoMarston

gerald celente (and me) thinks that WW3 has already begun. so in that case, we can't really avoid it.
Pfffft, that's exactly the type of thinking that will lead to WWIII...and I agree with the OP, this forum only solidifies the reality of unwanted events. Sure, mainstream news will slowly start talking about a topic more and more when they want to ease people into the idea...but ATS shouldn't be easing people into ideas and making them think we are on the brink of WWIII. People around here are too easily influenced.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Slipdig1

wow. russia isn't much to worry about. no one is allied with the middle east... accept the middle east. china and russia aren't making public statements condemning the Libya NFZ because... you said so. you can't just say "don't worry about it" with no facts to back you up and pretend like you've proven a point. If WW3 were a hybrid hot and cold war, you wouldn't have Team A versus Team B fighting over Ideal 1 and Ideal 2. Not every global scale conflict is going to be Nazis Vs. Everyone. If the intricacies of international warfare and politics escape you, that's okay, just admit it.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by 211220121111

i've never done one single thing to encourage a world war. I've never declared a world war on anyone. how on earth does this forum, or talking about a possible (or unfolding) world war cause it to happen?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by RicoMarston

This is the reason it is not a world war, because the whole world is not involved.

Everyone verses Libya is not a World War.

I'm not answering you anymore either as you trying to advocate that i'm stupid, to make your post sound intellegent, is the action of a troll, I won't feed trolls, starve mate.
edit on 14-4-2011 by Slipdig1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join