It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can this forum make sense?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Why is this in the news section like it's already happening? Easily the most bizarre thing I've ever seen on here.

I just don't see how this can help. If enough people have the idea of WWIII sown into their minds it'll surely only increase the chances of something bad happening in the near future. People will accept the reality of it more and be less resistant to it, on some level preparing for it instead of fully trying to avert it, a type of acceptance. Something that could kill most of the planet's population, or even go all out and end the human race. The type of thing we should do everything in our power to avoid, but instead we have a forum discussing it like it's already started? Are we doing the work of the New World Order now in pushing the worst agendas possible? If the NWO actually exist and want a third world war, they must love this forum...

Edit : some people have mistaken exactly what I meant here, and I can see how, should've worded this whole post better. I guess confusion got the better of me, so sorry about that. This is from a post on the second page I made to make my point clearer :

The main thing I'm getting at is that it's in the news section. I thought that was only for stuff that we know IS happening, not think might happen. I can understand you thinking I was against the whole idea of the forum and see how my post might make that the case, but it's not all about the actual forum itself, mainly that's it's placed in the news section.
edit on 13-4-2011 by Hitoshura because: added more

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Hitoshura

gerald celente (and me) thinks that WW3 has already begun. so in that case, we can't really avoid it. look at the mideast, the powers and players involved, China and Russia's stance on Libya, world economic problems, muslim / christian tensions, etc. if we are not seeing the early stages of the next global conflict, then I don't know jack about world history (which i do). I really don't see how not having an ATS forum on ww3 is going to prevent ww3. if we talk about it, and more people know what's going on, it could mean the difference between a years-long or a decades-long war. if the right leaders have advance warning, maybe nukes could be removed from the equation. since it's so early in the conflict, maybe an open discussion would lead to the whole thing dissolving. in the entire history of man, i don't think that you can give one example of when ignoring a problem fixed it. the cold war could have turned into ww3 if we had just ignored what was so obviously going on behind the scenes.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

"Are we doing the work of the New World Order now in pushing the worst agendas possible? If the NWO actually exist and want a third world war, they must love this forum... "

how does us talking about ww3 on ATS affect whether or not it happens in the real world? how would NOT talking about it on ATS make it go away? bad things happen whether we talk about it or not. should all violence be expunged from movies and t.v. and v.g.s because talking/thinking about it makes people violent? or was violence around long before any of the aforementioned media? the first two world wars happened without computers or internet or ATS around for people to egg each other on. There is plenty of tension in the world, with or without us yapping about it on our little website here.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
By spreading doom?

Seriously, this thread might relagate suspicious issues in a proper context. Or more doom.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I agree, it is odd and nearly pointless. Like it or not we are not in WW3 as we speak and it is unlikely to break out anytime soon no matter what any social commentators think.
This is possibly no more than an extended version of the predictions and prophecies forum.
I must say I'm not impressed by the new forums at all, a step backward for denying ignorance for sure.
Although I suppose there is some merit to the election one for Americans.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
World War One and Two weren't called World Wars until well after they were over. When you have conflicts and wars all over the globe, thats what they end up being called.

-B

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
It has begun in my opinion. This little blog sums it up quite nicely.

www.activistpost.com... Post+%28Activist+Post%29

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by RicoMarston

gerald celente (and me) thinks that WW3 has already begun. so in that case, we can't really avoid it. look at the mideast, the powers and players involved, China and Russia's stance on Libya, world economic problems, muslim / christian tensions, etc. if we are not seeing the early stages of the next global conflict, then I don't know jack about world history (which i do). I really don't see how not having an ATS forum on ww3 is going to prevent ww3. if we talk about it, and more people know what's going on, it could mean the difference between a years-long or a decades-long war. if the right leaders have advance warning, maybe nukes could be removed from the equation. since it's so early in the conflict, maybe an open discussion would lead to the whole thing dissolving. in the entire history of man, i don't think that you can give one example of when ignoring a problem fixed it. the cold war could have turned into ww3 if we had just ignored what was so obviously going on behind the scenes.

You could still be wrong though, it might not start. What if it builds up and is then averted? I'd like to think world leaders had more sense with all the nukes they have. If enough of us accept it's started then you can be sure it will do, I won't be accepting it if it can still be averted.

And I didn't say it would prevent WWIII if we didn't have this forum, I was talking about it being something that could be more accepted and maybe slightly more possible if enough people are discussing it and thinking about it, here and elsewhere on the net and out in the world. Also in the sense that we unconsciously create our own reality. I just didn't think we'd have a dedicated news forum for something that a few people thought was happening.

how does us talking about ww3 on ATS affect whether or not it happens in the real world? how would NOT talking about it on ATS make it go away? bad things happen whether we talk about it or not. should all violence be expunged from movies and t.v. and v.g.s because talking/thinking about it makes people violent? or was violence around long before any of the aforementioned media? the first two world wars happened without computers or internet or ATS around for people to egg each other on. There is plenty of tension in the world, with or without us yapping about it on our little website here.

Response is the same as the 2nd paragraph in last reply. And I'm not some douche Jack Thompson-like person, so please don't paint it out like I was talking about films and games.
edit on 13-4-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

like it's already happening?

It is. We are currently engaged in the beginnings of a WW III. It's just not officially disclosed yet.

It began when Bush stated: "You are either with us, or against us".

So began the global war on 'terror'.

That a "Third World War" would be one involving the 'main' countries engaging in nuclear attacks against each other is a commonly perceived idea, but not one that defines it.
edit on 13-4-2011 by OptimisticPessimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Seriously, this is what I'd do, not that it'll happen or anything, but still :

Change the War On Terror forum to simply : War. Then merge the threads already here and put them in there, which will also open that forum up to war in general.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Why is this in the news section like it's already happening? Easily the most bizarre thing I've ever seen on here.

While historians often point to one key event being the START of a war, we also know that there are actually many triggering events that lead up to one. I think the intent of the forum is to discuss potential events that may lead to such a conflict. Can you imagine if such a forum for discussion existed in the early part of WWII?

How could we NOT seize on such an opportunity? The fact that many will disagree is excellent, and what makes the topic so ripe for discussion. Personally, I think historians may look at 9/11 being the catalyst event, but actually, yeah, I'm hoping that's wrong, and that we never see a full blown WWIII (as we probably won't be around after to discuss it)....

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
While historians often point to one key event being the START of a war, we also know that there are actually many triggering events that lead up to one. I think the intent of the forum is to discuss potential events that may lead to such a conflict. Can you imagine if such a forum for discussion existed in the early part of WWII?

I can understand that, but I think the key word there is potential, and this is placed in the news section. That's basically my main gripe I guess, and I'll take a chance on saying that it's maybe what quite a few others might have a problem with too.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Well, right in the description:

World War Three: This forum is reserved for discussion of the powder-keg type atmosphere surrounding the events in the Middle-East, Africa, and Asia; and the geopolitical influences on the uprisings happening there, which combined appear to be the core beginning of World War Three.

I can see where you're coming from though. It does seem to jump the gun a bit by labeling it "WORLD WAR III" like we have no choice to revert it and that it will happen. Maybe it will. It only takes another 1 or 2 countries (say, China and Russia...) to start moving troops around to officially call this a 3rd World War, years from now at least. That or a nuke.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat

Although I suppose there is some merit to the election one for Americans.

And that part shows us just how much of an American site this is and not a global one.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

like I said, the first two world wars happened without people all over the world talking about the lead-up to it. a WW3 forum exists to give us a place where we who believe that the conflict began on 9-11-01 can post news and opinions about it. we the people don't start world wars, a very small group of world leaders do. if you say that something can be avoided, you've already accepted that it is real and happening. Why would you say that you're not going to accept it if it can be avoided? AIDS can be avoided, should we just ignore it until it happens to us? or take steps to prevent ourselves from getting it in the first place. if we are all informed about WW3, then we can avoid rushing into the conflict based on some flimsy story sold by politicians. and to the clown guy who says that we are absolutely not in WW3, where's your evidence? can you offer any historical precedence which supports your position that we just shouldn't worry about the ENTIRE middle east engulfed in chaos and revolt? don't you think that there were lazy, uninvolved naysayers in the build up to the first two world wars?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hitoshura I just didn't think we'd have a dedicated news forum for something that a few people thought was happening.

I agree I don't think it should be in News. It should be in with the Ufo's and conspiracies. It hasn't started yet that we can prove, so until it is announced it is speculative. I'm only a newer user here, but to me this says "Hey WW3 is real we have it in our news" I think it is as real as Aliens at the moment.

Although I like it as a speculative topic.
edit on 13-4-2011 by Slipdig1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
-- Albert Einstein

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

war is news. if WW3 broke out, it would be headline news. unfortunately, in the build up to a global scale conflict, no one stands up and declares World War. since no world leader would use the term WW3, unless he was politically suicidal, its up to us to expose and label catalytic events.
The war on terror section is for the War on Terror. Having a War section would be far too broad a topic, there would be discussions on theoretical space wars, past wars, weapons, tactics, etc. Having a WW3 section is the only way for people to argue whether we are seeing the beginning stages of said conflict or not.
if you don't agree that we are facing WW3, then post in the WW3 section all of your evidence. If you think that WW3 MIGHT start, and you have ideas for how to avoid it, then post that in the WW3 section. If you don't think the WW3 forum should exist, then don't use it and don't post on the topic. If the forum never gets used, it'll get scrapped.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

if you say that something can be avoided, you've already accepted that it is real and happening. Why would you say that you're not going to accept it if it can be avoided? AIDS can be avoided, should we just ignore it until it happens to us? or take steps to prevent ourselves from getting it in the first place.

I haven't accepted it's happening at all, just that there's the potential of it, like there has been for a long time. And AIDS is slightly more of a reality than WWIII is right now.

We'll have to agree to disagree by the looks of it.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Slipdig1

so, you can prove that World War 2 was a world war? what criteria would the unfolding events in the middle east have to meet for you to allow it to be called a World War?
To say that WW3 is a conspiracy theory like UFOs is lunacy! We have clear evidence that world wars have happened in the past. we have clear evidence of a middle east in turmoil (worse than usual). We have clear evidence that western powers are directly involved in the revolutions taking place. We have clear evidence that Russia and China are positioning themselves against the west.
Where is the evidence that WW3 is NOT happening? oh right, you have none. if you don't think it's happening, or don't feel like it's happening, that's one thing. but to say that there is no evidence of a global conflict beginning, and to say that it's just some crazy conspiracy theory, is dangerous and not very smart.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join