It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Australian Bureau of Statistics data shows Australians' wealth at record high

page: 1
5

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
HOUSEHOLDS may feel they are suffering under the burden of day-to-day living, but apparently Australians have never been wealthier.

New data suggests that individual wealth is at record highs and debt levels are at a four-year low.

www.news.com.au...
THIS is another example of a government out of touch. This is insane propaganda and outright insulting to the middle and lower class hard working Australians. Cost of living is going through the roof and not to many people I know including a broad spectrum of 400 persons at my place of employment are exactly flushed with cash. Its pure feel good smoke and mirrors information delivered by a pathetic government willing to say anything only to seem to look good making out we are all living in utopia.




posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
What a load of crap. Each year it just gets harder for people to survive. Probly just used the statistics of the rich who are getting richer while we all struggle



posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Just in 2009, 30,000 homes foreclosed in Australia......

www.perthnow.com.au...

In 2010, 218,700 Australians were about to refinance, sell or loose their homes to the banks. By end 2011, that is expected to go higher. Although the bubble has'nt burst in Australia yet, it will by the first quarter of 2012.



posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjsmi2


THIS is another example of a government out of touch. This is insane propaganda and outright insulting to the middle and lower class hard working Australians. Cost of living is going through the roof and not to many people I know including a broad spectrum of 400 persons at my place of employment are exactly flushed with cash. Its pure feel good smoke and mirrors information delivered by a pathetic government willing to say anything only to seem to look good making out we are all living in utopia.



Agreed OP, this is bollocks .Everyone I know is haemoraging.Including friends with large companies .Carbon trading will be the final nail in the coffin for this Nation .



posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
And yet building and lending has dived over the last 6 months.Yep all BS, poor xmas trading hammered the retail sector the onflow is being seen now with angus robertson as example.
Floods all over the place,south gippsland next,we are preparing for at least one flood (major)this year.
People may have wealth,but doesn't seem to be much spending going on.
Oh yeah hows that electricity bill lately?



posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Try living in Gladstone Queensland, thanks to the big industry and their high paying jobs here and housing shortage an average 3 bedroom house averages 400-500 a week rent. It is going to be the death of this town for all us smaller income earners that work at normal stores etc.



posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by bjsmi2
 


I own my home but worry about mine and others children..

An average house is 300-400k and that's not flash..
Loan payments on that are around $500-$600 a week..

What newlyweds can do that and start a family.??

Gimmie the good old days...



posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by bjsmi2
 


I own my home but worry about mine and others children..

An average house is 300-400k and that's not flash..
Loan payments on that are around $500-$600 a week..

What newlyweds can do that and start a family.??

Gimmie the good old days...


Yes agree .However I think 6 months from now we will look back at now and the tough times we are feeling and call today the good old days



posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack
 


Thats nothing compared to housing prices in Sydney, rarely can you find a home inside a 30km less than $750k and most rentals inside a 25km started around $550 for a house and $450 for a 2 bdm apartment.



posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by backinblack
 


Thats nothing compared to housing prices in Sydney, rarely can you find a home inside a 30km less than $750k and most rentals inside a 25km started around $550 for a house and $450 for a 2 bdm apartment.


Yes Sydney is a little more expensive but then when I say 400k I am talking a fair bit out..
At least the 30 klm as you mention...

Rentals near the city here would close to match sydney..
It's ridiculous for young people..



posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack
 


Are you aware 30,000 people left Sydney since the start of this year? And there's still a huge housing crisis here.

One of my kids is thinking of leaving home next year and I laughed at her. When I showed her how much it would cost to even share acommodation with 2 others, she nearly fainted. What was her answer? Housing Commission! LOL. Yep, 10 year waiting list and thats just for a family while singles go to the bottom of the heap I told her. Perhaps now she will consider the granny flat out the back!



posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by bjsmi2
 

This will be redressed soon when property corrects to realistic values.

Bank repossessions have increased to alarming rates...
...but they are releasing the stock slowly so to not spook the market.



posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
S&F for you OP. I lived in Sydney all my life and moved to Canberra in early 2008 to work in the PS. Easy job but on 61k a year I am struggling. It is a bloody rip and you are right, the government and all these other turkeys are way out of touch.

This might be controversial but I think it is the baby boomer generation that has really screwed things up for the younger generations. Now they are retiring, all own one or two or more homes and are going to live the rest of their lives on a pension. By the time I'm at retiring age (if the world lasts that long and I highly doubt it anyway) I will still be paying my mortgage down and you can be certain there won't be no pension at the time. We'll be working until we're 80 plus!
edit on 14-4-2011 by surrealist because: missing word



posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
ABS stats. A very small percentage earn more than is reasonable, basically a greedy income and the majority get dog biscuits, therefor the average income in Australia is millions, and the majority of the public are poor, have little faith in the Australian Government and or its various devious empires, and do not believe any of its propaganda.

After all the muppet Julia Gillard will tell you immigration is a wonderful success, the dole bludgers get to much so we need to make it harder, and that there are jobs for everyone and mining is great with your corn flakes.

She is a failure. As the minister of education she waisted millions, due to incompetence and heck the stupid Australian public made her the PM, the budgie smuggler Abbot isn't much better. Aussie was once a great nation now its just a dumping ground for Chinese rubbish and anyone who either buys their way in via the education system or flees some place else due to screwing up their own country and wants a free ride.

The education system is now a profit driven empire, they sell certificates for just about anything to make a buck and the slimy HR companies have jumped on the band wagon playing games with an ever shrinking job market.

Unfortunately we are a bit of a bastard system taking the worst from England and the US, with devious, dishonest, greedy muppets, like Julia, Wong and Garrett running the show. I would not believe a thing that the Australian politicians had to say, net alone any government department, as they are in my words either muppet's or scum.

Once Australia has finished mining all it has, it will be a fourth world country if there is such a thing. Our manufacturing is screwed our farming is screwed our trades are screwed our real estate is screwed. What a sad place. We were once a great people. Australia is no longer a democracy its public are unarmed and at the mercy of ever increasing corruption.
edit on 14-4-2011 by marsend because: typos



posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by marsend
ABS stats. A very small percentage earn more than is reasonable, basically a greedy income and the majority get dog biscuits, therefor the average income in Australia is millions, and the majority of the public are poor, have little faith in the Australian Government and or its various devious empires, and do not believe any of its propaganda.

After all the muppet Julia Gillard will tell you immigration is a wonderful success, the dole bludgers get to much so we need to make it harder, and that there are jobs for everyone and mining is great with your corn flakes.

She is a failure. As the minister of education she waisted millions, due to incompetence and heck the stupid Australian public made her the PM, the budgie smuggler Abbot isn't much better. Aussie was once a great nation now its just a dumping ground for Chinese rubbish and anyone who either buys their way in via the education system or flees some place else due to screwing up their own country and wants a free ride.

The education system is now a profit driven empire, they sell certificates for just about anything to make a buck and the slimy HR companies have jumped on the band wagon playing games with an ever shrinking job market.

Unfortunately we are a bit of a bastard system taking the worst from England and the US, with devious, dishonest, greedy muppets, like Julia, Wong and Garrett running the show. I would not believe a thing that the Australian politicians had to say, net alone any government department, as they are in my words either muppet's or scum.

Once Australia has finished mining all it has, it will be a fourth world country if there is such a thing. Our manufacturing is screwed our farming is screwed our trades are screwed our real estate is screwed. What a sad place. We were once a great people. Australia is no longer a democracy its public are unarmed and at the mercy of ever increasing corruption.
edit on 14-4-2011 by marsend because: typos


This right here sums it up, Australia...just another product for sale to the highest bidder, I've worked my arse off for 10 years trying to save for my own little piece of eden, I recently realised I was wasting my time, I'm now close to quitting work and enjoying the next few years...then what? who knows...my country is dead and I cant bring it back to life



new topics

top topics



 
5

log in

join