It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cigar UFO over Fukashima! On German News

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by svetlana84

Soylent green, thanks for putting up the pics/map.

Zoom / focal lenght is indeed something i did not think about - good point.

Still i tend to think of a drone, i do not imagine trains running in evacuated zones.

/ And I still HOPE it s a "nuclear-plant-sucker-ufo" from outer space who would just suck the fukushima region
into a containment galaxy /

People and there false hopes. Unbelievable how so many believe this strong delusion rather than to believe the truth. Very sad.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The video seems to have been removed, does the video exist anywhere else? I really wanna see this...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaveTheRepublic
The video seems to have been removed, does the video exist anywhere else? I really wanna see this...

Heres one, same vid but fancied up abit.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 13/4/11 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SaveTheRepublic

Youtube

A train passes along the terrain behind the nuclear plant @ 0:55, due to optical effects it looks like it is hovering in the air above the plant. Some think it wiggles but I don't see it, and some think it can't be a train because the area around the plant was evacuated of civilians.
edit on 13-4-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

this cannot possibly be a train because the trains are much smaller in comparision to the hughe chimneys of the plant, not to mention that trains would appeear even smaller due to the distance from the plant if the train is suposedly running on the enbankment or the hill behind the plant.
The train would visually appear much bigger if it is in front of the camera with the plant in the bacground, which is not the case.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by RenegadeScholar

called desensitizing, its done when you want to ween people into acknowledging unbelievable things that may cause panic if brought straight out, this means that they are obviously getting us ready for an alien announcement, just wait there will be a "staged" alien invasion.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I agree with RSF77.....looks to me like a train.
The lighting is behind the camera (the sun is behind the camera), the camera is set to "infinite" on zoom....this makes the train look bigger than it actually is (the reflection and the zoom setting). This was filmed from quite a distance...try filming something from this distance on a webcam and you will end up with the same results.

OR- Its a building or other stationary object that appears to be moving...when infact the camera is rotating around the area (in a helicopter possibly) giving the illusion the stationary object is moving. Look at the shoreline and the plant itself...you can clearly see the change of angle as the helicopter/plane circles the nuclear plant.

Or....there was a 500ft UFO floating over the Nuclear plant and only one news station happened to film it, and the 163 million people of japan all happened to be looking at the ground when it floated over.

Funny the guy who uploaded the vids has now deleted them....more than likely he was shown undeniable proof that what he saw was not a UFO of any kind and to save face and ridicule he deleted the vids. Lots of people do this when they will potentially look like a moron in front of 100s if not 1000s of people.

These vids do make me laugh....only a couple of weeks ago people were arguing about other UFO's filmed in Japan after the earthquake. Funny enough....it was a white helicopter as many of us saw when we watched the live footage. When uploaded to youtube vids lose there quality and are compressed. Too many people are too quick to call UFO when they see these vids because they cant work out what it is or have too much faith in aliens etc.

No doubt this will be debunked once the original non compressed footage is found...and you will see a train driving by or a roof top...then you will all apologize and make up excuses as to why you thought, and argued otherwise...its like a cycle here on ATS...seen it hundreds of times

edit on 13-4-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Here's the railway in using google earth highlighted in PS.

It lies about 50 meters above sea level. The questions I have are...

Does the video look 50m above sea level? With the angle the rail runs, and the perspective of the video, shouldn't it be coming/going at an angle and not parallel with the camera?

Could be the train, looks damn big in the video if you ask me, but who knows.

Oh, and to add, yes bullet trains run on that line, here's a photo of one on that line

So yeah, that could look like a cigar shaped UFO imo

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Douriff
reply to post by RSF77

this cannot possibly be a train because the trains are much smaller in comparision to the hughe chimneys of the plant, not to mention that trains would appeear even smaller due to the distance from the plant if the train is suposedly running on the enbankment or the hill behind the plant.
The train would visually appear much bigger if it is in front of the camera with the plant in the bacground, which is not the case.

This can be explained by the compression of the background and foreground due to the use of a telephoto lens and focal length, as illustrated below. Note how the focal length affects the apparent size of the background, depending because of the use of a telephoto lens:

edit on 4/13/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
If you think this is a train you are in denial. The area is EVACUATED. They are arresting people for trying to get close, you think they are going to run a train right by the plant for everyone to see? That and look at the size comparison between the plant and the object...if you still think it is a train, there is nothing that anybody can do to help you.

I'm not saying it is a UFO. It doesn't look like a building to me, and if so then it is a very oddly shaped building that we should be able to find documentation on to prove it is a building. All I'm saying is the "debunkers" are trying to hold on to something that it is clearly not.

Tell you what. If you think it is a train, show me the evidence. Show me the train schedule, and at what time the train would be on that rail directly behind the plant when the video was taken. My guess is that you will NOT be able to prove it, but will still swear up and down it is a train still.

Who wants to bet that none of the naysayers will do this?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

I dont know... I'm a little reluctant to believe thats a train, it seems to stand out alot more then the backround, not that an extremely bright white train wouldn't stand out but i think thats a little much. Also I have a hard time believing that trains are running that close to the plant... I do see the slight wiggles mentioned, though i do not think this is alien, I'd have much easier time believing this is some sort of balloon.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TripleSalCal

Building or train, it doesn't really matter.

Believe what you want, personally I don't think it's a Cigar UFO (or in the air) so I don't think it's relevant to the "Aliens and UFOs" forum. I'll resign myself from this thread so more 'committed' individuals like yourself can look up train schedules.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
If you want to view the original 1st generation footage its here :www.tagesschau.de...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MrDetective

from this it is clear that cigar shaped UFO is actually stationary bject, a warehouse or something on the hill behind the plant.

It is camera that is moving creating optical illusion that the object is floating above

The illusion is created by changing perspective.The crew is obviously on the boat, and they are moving fast.
edit on 14-4-2011 by Douriff because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Douriff

I think you are absolutely right. I originally thought it could be a train, but now I see that the camera itself was not stationary (you can see it moving relative to the shoreline). So I amend my original explanation and now think that it could be something in the distance -- perhaps a white building or natural feature or something.

However, I think the camera could have been on a helicopter or plane, and not necessarily a boat.

edit on 4/14/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Hope is not believe. When I put something between / / i mean it ironical or sarcastically.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
reply to post by Douriff

However, I think the camera could have been on a helicopter or plane, and not necessarily a boat.

yes you are probably right - they are moving pretty fast and as if slightly above shore line. From the boat perspective "the flying UFO" wouldn't appear (probably).

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
an interesting post that caught my eye, 2 things struck me as odd;

a. if indeed it's a train why is it operating in the radioactive exclusion zone
b. why are the youtube video's disappearing faster than you can shout 'it's a train'.

I took some screen grabs of the original footage and ran them through tone mapping, the object is very reflective - of course this could be justified by the train theory and the object is in fact moving from right to left and not stationary (in comparison to it's highlighted surroundings, again supporting the train theory).

If at distance, which the train would be as confirmed by the google maps and behind the immediate foreground, it is definitely moving faster than the ground/hill in front of it which would indicate its either a fast moving train or the object is much closer to the camera imo.
files.abovetopsecret.com...

Tonemapped images

It's not as easily written off as most youtube video's I've seen ......
edit on 14-4-2011 by digitalf because: for images

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Right.....its a supermarket roof

Obviously a lot of stuff was washed away....but not this HUGE white supermarket that sits just over 2 miles away from the viewpoint.

This just shows the plant and the supermarket...and the distance between the plant and supermarket.

The camera was in a helicopter and the helicopter was doing a left hand turn out to see but getting closer to the plant (camera turns right or stays stationary during this)...hard to explain but the building is shown moving from right to left, your perspective would change as the helicopter changed course which would explain that

This is the roof of the building. The red line indicates a car space...this line measures 3.73m long....so thats a massive building...this is MORE than likely what we all see in the video

edit on 14-4-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-4-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: trying to embed the pics...used imageshack...think thats whats wrong...1 last attempt lol

edit on 14-4-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: this might have done it

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Helicopter at a distance of 30km, the closest that the news copters are allowed to fly

Says so on the clip the 30km is not in Japanese character

Heck we have been watching this helicopter daily in the nuclear emergency thread for a month

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join