It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amateur Astronomer Being Threatened For Release Elenin Comet information? Or just another hoax?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scaledown
reply to post by Elostone

HAHAHA thats the funniest most unthought through redundent question i have heard asked on here yet!!

Did you even read the rest of his post?

I did a search to back up that it is illegal to release scientific info without first going through the Government and can't find anything about it anyone ells know

I'm not agreeing or saying he is true but geeeez demanding answers from someone who has already stated they don't have them I would think should be answered with offerings of membership to the tinfoilitis club and complimentary tin foil hat to go with it.

Keep walking nothing to see here.

His post was edited AFTER I asked the question. I quoted his post in full in my post, he edited his to add this response later...

I did a search to back up that it is illegal to release scientific info without first going through the Government and can't find anything about it anyone ells know

Perhaps you should become more familiar with how the editing process works here before you make inaccurate assumptions and jump to wrong conclusions.
Peace

edit on 13-4-2011 by Elostone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Thanks Russo, under this situation, the best thing to do is copy that video and spread it to all the people you know, with a little explanation about the circumstances envolving the source. It will be another another element in this investigation about Elenin, true or not.

...And that's what I did.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scaledown
reply to post by RUSSO

Please accept my humblest apologies sir, I forgot to check the date of everyones registration to this forum as a measure of posting merit.

This or maybe read manners & decorum.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
It will be another another element in this investigation about Elenin, true or not.
...And that's what I did.

People talking about youtube videos isnt *investigation* at all.

Actual investigation of comet Elenin requires you to actually do something. Like perhaps, LOOK at it.
Like these people...
Real Amateur Astronomers with Telescopes!!!!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by forall2see
Yes I had been following his work. I have been checking his youtube account lately and scratching my head the same. I get this... "There are no new videos in your subscriptions"

I felt as though he was on to something... at least a brown dwarf for certain. The last video I watched was about how to find it.

Off the grid.... hope he is ok...
Yes it is very strange, Did he not in the last month get a new telescope?? His Vids are definitely of a higher caliber on the subject material. I believe In Astrolpatriot's integrity and honor. His videos had the credibility in my opinion to investigate further on my own. Denial,Anger,Bargaining,Depression,Acceptance.
The 5 stages of grief. Been there, done that, I am just waiting for the rest to catch up.I think Astrolpatriot is at the head of the pack.Mister

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
In response to your heading, it's not a hoax, but it's really nothing to get excited about. Plenty of sites out there spouting this kind of stuff about the comet. Judging from various astronomy blogs none of it is true by the way....

Peace

Just an edit to add, real astronomers not affiliated with govt say elenin has a 12000 year orbit and a diameter between 45 and 150km. They also say that passing through the tail will likely not produce any meteorites as we won't pass directly through it.

Hardly planet sized but it will be a nice show.
edit on 13-4-2011 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
So assuming he's correct, and this is a brown dwarf star, what exactly does that mean for earth and it inhabitants?

fruit of the looms = fudge factory?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by FarBeyondDriven69
I'm not sure if it's a hoax but I do know that the White House made it illegal to release any thing that is science related before they look at it.I did a search to back up that it is illegal to release scientific info without first going through the Government and can't find anything about it anyone ells know, please don't answer if you don't have proof k.
edit on 12-4-2011 by FarBeyondDriven69 because: (no reason given)

There's a similar law in Canada, too. Scientists here cannot release any scientific findings to the public unless approved by the office of the Prime Minister.

Edited to add link to news article regarding the policy:
www.canada.com...
edit on 13-4-2011 by jhnsmth because: Edited to add link to news article regarding the policy:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
The guy is a proven hoaxer and is by no means an amature astronomer.

He has probably decided to stop posting his crap and lay low because he was found out, save what little face he had left. He's not running from nobody.
There are plenty of threads here in which it has been shown that his videos are nothing but BS.
edit on 13-4-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Sorry. You're right. The brown dwarf that was discovered is between 18 and 30 lightyears away. Meaning that it will never be a threat to Earth.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
you CANNOT under any circumstances, see individual planets around another star with a conventional telescope
and even if it was real, it would take YEARS for those "satellites" to orbit that "central star". You cannot resolve individual planets of another star system with an optical telescope.
edit on 13-4-2011 by KingArthur because: addendum

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
The guy is a proven hoaxer and is by no means an amature astronomer.

He has probably decided to stop posting his crap and lay low because he was found out, save what little face he had left. He's not running from nobody.
There are plenty of threads here in which it has been shown that his videos are nothing but BS.
edit on 13-4-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

I would like to add that, as someone who has several years of a degree in Astrophysics under his belt, that Astrolpatroit is not even on par with the average amateur astronomer.

I admire and work with real amateur astronomers and could be considered one myself (there are not many astronomy jobs on offer, it is something you do for love).

Astrolpatroit's stuff was just ill-informed total BS. My guess is that a real astronomer simply showed him what things looked like through a proper astronomical telescope and he has just stopped posting his stuff.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mister1k

Originally posted by forall2see
Yes I had been following his work. I have been checking his youtube account lately and scratching my head the same. I get this... "There are no new videos in your subscriptions"

I felt as though he was on to something... at least a brown dwarf for certain. The last video I watched was about how to find it.

Off the grid.... hope he is ok...
Yes it is very strange, Did he not in the last month get a new telescope?? His Vids are definitely of a higher caliber on the subject material. I believe In Astrolpatriot's integrity and honor. His videos had the credibility in my opinion to investigate further on my own. Denial,Anger,Bargaining,Depression,Acceptance.
The 5 stages of grief. Been there, done that, I am just waiting for the rest to catch up.I think Astrolpatriot is at the head of the pack.Mister

Yes. They were working the bugs out of the new one, so to speak. Seemed promising though. The last few vids he posted were unreal.

Let this really just be a reminder to all of us. When we see a breakthrough video, or document that may shed more light on discussion of the matter at hand, we should save them!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
he said he was moving up north

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher

Originally posted by Ghost375
It's probably not a brown dwarf but rather a small planet.
edit on 12-4-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

Is that why it can only be seen in Infra-Red? Coast to Coast had a guy who is with a group of former Meteorological experts "One from CNN" who have been scratching their heads trying to find a comet and what did they find?

A LARGE BROWN DWARF STAR!!!!!

They might be wrong. Stars are motionless.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by AboveTheTrees

What?

A binary star is a star system consisting of two stars orbiting around their common center of mass

Please, read the link below.

link

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO

What?

A binary star is a star system consisting of two stars orbiting around their common center of mass

link

Yes then where's the other?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
As an amateur astronomer myself, I find this thread insulting to my intelligence. And to see the numbers of ignorant folks blindly posting about something they have obviously no knowledge of reminds me how internet absurdity is growing beyond control.

I even get to use a "real" telescope almost 4-5 times a year.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

What?

link

You said:

Stars are motionless.

I said.

There are binary stars in the universe. Not motionless at all.

Not saying our systen is. But maybe...

AND our systen (includes our sun) is moving through the universe, so not motionless at all.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

What?

link

You said:

Stars are motionless.

I said.

There are binary stars in the universe. Not motionless at all.

Not saying our systen is. But maybe...

AND our systen (includes our sun) is moving through the universe, so not motionless at all.

OK

Stars are mainly motionless, unless they form a binary system
which doesnt seem to be the case of our Sol, so

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/caaf64199f55.gif[/atsimg]

Draw

Thanks!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join