It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could someone please explain my question regarding the Moon's behaviour? Thanks.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Dinoman

Again, that video only covers 18 minutes.

However, that is enough to notice some apparent rotation, if you overlay the moon from when it fully appears at the beginning of the clip with the moon as it appears at the end of the clip:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
[yvid]

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Dinoman

Hard to see much since the moon is so overexposed, but again, comparing the moon just as it clears the clouds at the start to just before it goes out of frame, we see the expected rotation:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by nataylor

That video was a perfect example of what im explaining. Why not upload the full video for others to see and decide for themselves, and to remember how the moon used t appear as it travelled across the sky. Also if what you say is normal behaviour show me some older timelapse videos of the moons shadow rotating through the night (pre Oct 2010). Surely there should be hundreds to pick from.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dinoman

That video was a perfect example of what im explaining. Why not upload the full video for others to see and decide for themselves, and to remember how the moon used t appear as it travelled across the sky. Also if what you say is normal behaviour show me some older timelapse videos of the moons shadow rotating through the night (pre Oct 2010). Surely there should be hundreds to pick from.
The two animations I've posted come from stills captured from the videos you posted. They illustrate the point quite well.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Why not show the whole video, people are interested. And why not show me your own videos of the moons shadow rotating through the night (pre Oct 2010). I dont believe you can.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Why not show the whole video, people are interested. And why not show me your own videos of the moons shadow rotating through the night (pre Oct 2010). I dont believe you can.
What whole video? The only video I posted was this one, illustrating what the OP saw: Animation.

Of the three videos you've posted, one was too short and the other two show clear apparent rotation.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Dinoman

Here you go, a video from a 2007 lunar eclipse covering a period of 5 and a half hours clearly showing how the face of the moon appears to rotate:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Your having a laugh. People the moon is behaving strangely, and you my friend must be on someones payroll. I rest my case. There are lots of timelapse videos of the moon on youtube (pre Oct 2010) if anyone wishes to look themselves... anything after Nov 2011 shows the moons shadow rotating clockwise in the evening and through the night and by a massive margin. Keep watching...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

There are lots of timelapse videos of the moon on youtube (pre Oct 2010) if anyone wishes to look themselves...
Then show us some video that shows the moon not rotating over an appreciable amount of time. You haven't done that yet. Not only do the examples you've shown directly counter what you say should be seen, there's a pre-2010 video right above that clearly shows the rotation, and the reason for the rotation, and why it has always been like that, has been explained quite thoroughly.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Dinoman

I honestly can't understand how others are not seeing this, it makes absolutely no sense at all. If there were only a few of us confined to a single location it would be different but there are thousands.
If my i-phone says it, and stellarium confirms it, case closed I guess. Pity.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Thanks for the vid. Picture... thousand words & all that.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I've never seen the moon do that Either. Kinda weird is that possible? I though the phases changed monthly.

If anyone wants to check out my thread i made today its about Stars Space Habitability Etc. Took me 2 hours to write it. If you have the time to read it. www.abovetopsecret.com...

jra

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

...anything after Nov 2011 shows the moons shadow rotating clockwise in the evening and through the night and by a massive margin. Keep watching...

If the light/shadow on the Moon was moving or changing position, then that would imply that the Sun is moving and changing position within the solar system. And that is obviously not happening.

When you observe the Moon at Moonrise. Take note of the Lunar surface features and compare it to when the Moon is setting. You will notice that the light and shadow itself has not moved at all. It just looks like it has moved/rotated relative to your position.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ozscot
Well, it's now 4:15pm here in Qld. The Moon is already high although it's bright daylight and bright sunshine. It's a half moon but with the area from 8 o'clock to 2 o'clock floodlit. I'll check it out again later.

Oz

Well, right now, it's 8:40pm EST, and the moon is nearly straight overhead between it's rise and set, but as I look due East it is to my Right overhead, thus towards the South. (I don't know if I made sense there at the end of the sentence!) Anyhow, it's slightly over 'half-lit' with that portion about 10 o'clock to 4 o'clock. The sun has just set here.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by lifttheveil

It really happened. :p

The last one is from today.

edit on 13/4/2011 by ArMaP because: wrong image tag

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I tried to explain this allot earlier cant believe theres still confusion. The moon doesn't tilt at all what is changing is your angle of view as the earth rotates. The moons orbit stays the same however at least as far as its orbit takes to long to change in one night.However the earths tilt of 23.5 degrees changes your viewing angle as the earth spins making it seem as if the moon tilted. Being human are brain tells us the earth is solid and doesn't move and assumes the horizon is always the same. we are moving any where from 1,038 MPH at the equator to roughly 700MPH at the poles. This changes your viewing angle of the moon as the night progresses.

Now the part where people say the moon in other videos do not do this your correct 2 factors involved first your location on are moving globe and second where the moon is in its orbit. The moon doesn't make a constant circle around the earth either its orbit varies. You might have recently heard of the super moon hype. This occurs because the moons orbit is oval and this orbit also brings it above and below the equator. theres still other factors i wont go into to because people have wrote thesis's about this and can get very detailed. But this means the moons position in its orbit will cause the earths tilt to change viewing angle but if the moon happens to be in a part of its orbit that puts it in line to the equator the earths tilt is removed.

I really hope this helps people to understand that the Earth and Moon are continuing on its way just as it always has and this is not a sign of an Apocalypse or anything else everything is as it has always been a least for now anyhow.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Here's a little thought experiment you can do:

Imagine a ball attached to the end of a clock minute hand, and that minute hand is pointed to the "9". The ball is painted so the bottom part is white and the top is black. Now, imagine that as the clock hand moves in its arcing motion, the ball moves with it. When the minute hand is on the "12", then the white painted part of the ball would be on the left of the ball. When the minute hand is pointed at the "3", the white painted part of the ball would be on the top (opposite to the way it looked when the hand was on the nine).

The acrcing motion of the ball is similar to to apparent motion of the Moon through the sky from Moonrise to Moonset, except the apparent arcing motion is caused by the rotation of the Earth, while the Moon stays (relatively) still. At Moonrise, the bottom of the Moon may be lit (as if the Moon was at the "9 o'clock" position). However, due to to manner in which the Moon seems to arc through the sky, that lit part may be near the top when it sets (as if it was at the "3 o'clock" position).

edit on 4/13/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Ok everybody on ATS. I just discovered all the proof you need to know something is wrong with the moons behaviour. The moons line of shadow should not rotate through the night as it does now, and to a very large extent. You can see all the moons timelapse videos you want showing how the moon was always compared to now. All the evidence you could wish for on: blueskyfootage.com
Look forward to any replies...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Id like to add that the timelapse videos in the category half moon are perfect examples on blueskyfootage.com
You can compare this to the luna timelapse video on page 3 of this thread which was posted by Soylent Green Is People. The video shows the moons behaviour as it is now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join