It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy, two, is the first person in the world to be born with extra strand of DNA

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by molecularstranding

A mutation is just the change in the genetic information of an organism. This mutation could be harmful, leading to a selective disadvantage. This means that the defective organism is less likely to reproduce and pass on those defective genes. Now if a mutation gives an organism an advantage in its environment then it will out compete every thing else and be more likely to pass on those genes. After so many generations the new population of organisms will be different from their ancestors and thus evolution has occurred. This mechanism happens much faster in bacteria since their generations only last a couple hours to a couple of days (unlike our many decades generations). This is why bacteria are able to evolve so many resistances to our drugs.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by RADHESYAM

I would like to know more info on the mother's pregnancy. Maybe their were two fertilized eggs at first and one of them was absorbed by the other, much like with Chimera, where a person is born with two or more genetically distinct cells that came from different zygotes. How different is the extra strand of DNA from the rest of his DNA? Does the kid have any mental or physical handicaps as a result of the extra strand? Maybe that show Heroes that was on NBC is more realistic than originally thought.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Or is it that we are all born with one less?

Maybe he's the normal one?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
OMG i was SO busy joking around with the tongue in cheek conspiracy angle of this thread that i TOTALLY forgot something that was VERY important:

Back in 2002 when I had my first child - I wanted to be ECO mom .. you know - doin it old skool, no drugs, organic foods etc etc
I had 2 midwives who are phenomenal healers and travel around the world teaching new age healing techniques yada yada.

What I forgot is what they told me: "the age of the indigo children is coming... many children born after year (X YEAR because i honestly cant remember what year tho I seem to recall 2000) will have an extra strand of DNA its part of the process of evolving to indigo beings.

Now I KNOW many of you will laugh this off - anyone can say anything in hindsight but if you read my posts you'll see I am a always the first to say "show me proof:. - Im going to work on it because my ex husband and I ran a PHPBB forum from 2001 which still exists today (new owners tho) and I know that he quoted them many times ... so If I can track one reference down I will link it here.

Im NOT saying i believe in Indigo children or what have you - but these women KNEW SOMETHING that we dont.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by RADHESYAM
Proof of Evolution - God debunked!!

how does evolution debunk God? how do you know God didn't design evolution?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I have heard about the extra strand of DNA also. There are people who claim that there are many children with this extra strand being born in India and China. They are supposedly Indigo children with a love for humanity and highly evolved spiritually with special abilities. Another conspiracy regarding this is that governments have known about this for a long time, but don't let the general public know. Supposedly TPTB are trying to suppress our evolving DNA through toxic food, air, water, medication..etc. They are afraid that once we evolve, they will no longer be able to control us.

Before you ask, I don't remember the source of this info. It's just stuck in my head and this thread brought it back up to the surface.

I also remember hearing that there are many Indigo Adults also.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

A microscopic image of human chromosomes. Little Alfie Clamp has an 'extra arm' on one of his, in what is believed to be a world first.

I'm thinking the title of the article is misleading? The comments in the article are saying the same thing

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
The article seems very misleading. It's clear he has Down's Syndrome and not "alien" DNA.
dailymail.co.uk =

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I say we clone him now, and then make clones of the clones and put them in "The Large Hadron Collider (LHC)" and see what it makes....

Just kidding, more seriously, have they mapped his entire genome yet?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Who knows how many people have more DNA that they should. Have scientists even identified the whole human DNA code yet?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by FrancoUn-American

Yes do a search for human genome project.

Or click HERE

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Well apparently they didnt or this kid wouldnt have this extra DNA

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

His condition left Alfie unable to see until he was three months old Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Ok so he was born blind but developed sight after 3 months. I know this is common in animals on a lesser timescale but is there any human conditions where this is known to happen? Pardon my ignorance biology class was a long time ago.

Not to make a "they wouldn't report it if it weren't true" type statement. But why would this be news if he just had down's syndrome? Is it possible that these doctors have an idea about what this is but aren't sure or don't want to jump to conclusions?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

This is not that uncommon
Link

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

interesting yes - but not uncommon. certainly you are familiar with trisomy 21 ? (down's)

that is an extra pair of chromosomes for #21.

there are many other csomes affected with differing diseases having extra pairs.

im more interested in the sumerian enuma elish "myth" stating the gods had and extra pair that coded

for "long life" - it was worded in a metaphorical way, but was still clear....

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Mutation is not evolution. God, people grasp at anything....

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Government will kidnap him, store him in a lab and conduct tests 24/7.

They will want to see if this extra DNA strand could somehow be related to the 3rd eye or pineal gland and possible special abilities or superpowers that might be unlocked and then used by the Illuminati for special missions.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria

Originally posted by mkkkay
Does this mean that all the children get a dna test when they are born?
things they are a changing...

In the UK they do get this www.nhs.uk...
And our overlords ARE quite intent on having everyones DNA on record lately.

Your overlords out there must be curious to know how many children are now born with mutated DNAs. They know this will happen and they cannot do anything about it.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
well from the looks of it, I would say that this kid isn't normal in anyway. Unable to absorb nutrients properly, poor muscle development, over sensitive to heat, refuses to eat or drink, what looks like willful stopping of breath, and it just seems like this kid is either the first of a slave generation or he's going to need a serum to unlock what that extra strand holds.
edit on 12-4-2011 by FreedomCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
how did they even find this. that is very suspicious.

they say it's the first case ever. with over 6 billion people in the world and millions born every year, these doctors are the luckiest scientists and researchers to walk the earth.

or most likely, they had something to do with it, so they knew exactly what and who to look for.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join