It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lori Hacking

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:
Ken

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Yup, me too. Some kind of small creek or drainage ditch / pond that does not have water in it all the time.

[edit on 2-8-2004 by Ken]

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Ok, the cat is slowly coming out of the bag:

"Lori Hacking's loved ones released a statement implying that her husband, Mark, had come forth with the dreaded confirmation that she was indeed lying dead in an undisclosed location".

Here's the link:

www.upi.com...

[edit on 2-8-2004 by mako0956]

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Does he smoke Marlboros? Does he even smoke?

Apparently one of the the several things he kept from his wife was his addiction to cigarettes. This article mentions it:

www.mercurynews.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I have been watching this board for quite some time now, and I feel it's okay to comment now.

I actually live in Salt Lake City, and I work downtown, about 2 minutes from Mark and Lori's apartment. They live in the older part of Salt Lake City not far from the University of Utah. After reading some of your descriptions as to where she is buried....I may be able to offer a little insight.

There are 3 major interstates in the city. I-15, 2-15 and I-80. I-15 goes north to south, 2-15 goes west, south then east in a sort of belt and eventually connects into I-80 Eastbound. I-80 goes East to West. Based on my driving experience with these roads, I can say with confidence that the probability that she's buried off of I-15 is pretty low, unless it is outside the city, IE: north or south. 2-15 holds a higher probability, but to be perfectly honest, I think the road everybody is seeing is I-80 westbound. Somebody mentioned that it was a curving road...which leaves 2 possibilities. More likely than not, he buried her somewhere out west due to the fact that the east half of the salt lake valley is very crowded. Out west, there's plenty of space, and, you guessed it; Sand, rolling hills and water. Another possible road is state road 201. It runs out west as well, and it'll take you around the oqquirh mountains in a rather large curve. YOu can enter Tooele county this way, and it is a very large empty space by the Great Salt Lake. The address to the landfill is 6030 West California Ave. (1400 S.) Salt Lake City, Utah 84104 . That is in an industrial part of the west half of the valley. Someone mentioned tan warehouse buildings, to which they'd be correct....there is about 3 major industrial parks with those colors. SR 201 runs at 2100 south, and the landfill is on 1400 S. Hmmm!

And even though we're pretty sure she wasn't on a jog...let me just tell you about memory grove. She'd have to be out of her mind to go jogging there, alone, at 5 a.m. That is not a place you want to go alone. Memory Grove has the reputation for being the place for homosexual orgies as well as many rapes and such. That is probably the reason he said she went jogging there. As far as someone mentioning the helicopter flying around...I'd imagine it's either KUTV News Channel 2's helicopter, as they are in the same building downtown as Wells Fargo (blue triangular building) or Life Flight from the University of Utah which would use that flight path.

As far as horses, there are a lot of horses out west, and also they do horse-drawn carriage rides downtown.

Here is a good link to the landfill:www.slvswmf.net...

My guess is that she's either in the garbage, or buried just outside of it. Either way, she's probably out west.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Very cool info! It helps to have a local with all of these geography descriptions. As a resident, do you find these accuracies interesting or just coincidence?

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Also local, I was so intrigued by Majic's descriptions of everything. Yes, Majic's been here before but it's still eerie the accuracy and detail of the descriptions...doesn't seem imagined to me.

[edit on 2-8-2004 by ladysbug]

Ken

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
To refine what I have been posting, I think her body is close to a construction site. I see trucks hauling wood (whether it is lumber or logs I do not know). I see a hard hat work area, and an electrical buuilding of some sort.

Ken

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
To refine what I have been posting, I think her body is close to a construction site. I see trucks hauling wood (whether it is lumber or logs I do not know). I see a hard hat work area, and an electrical buuilding of some sort.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
A note on the Marlboro thing. I don't recall ever "seeing" him smoke, the impression of a Marlboro box -- with the white triangle thingy in a red field, was sort of a disjointed "add on", just an impression that pops in without a "hook", if you will. I don't smoke, myself, so I doubt that's it, but I have seen the logo enough times to have it imprint, I imagine ("Smooth Joe Camel", anyone?
).

Another random item of note, in none of my impressions does the name "Mark" associate with the murderer, just "him" or "the husband" or "the guy who did it" if you will, and none of those directly, just a "hunch" that it's him. No strong sense of identity at all. I don't "see" him really except for things like the gloves. Just a shadowy figure, not distinct. I'm not sure why that is, but thought I'd mention it.

Again, as detailed as my impressions are, I have very low confidence in them, and advise others attempting to find Lori not to let my descriptions throw them off. Of course, if you actually waded through my lengthy monologues that might be expecting a lot, but hopefully I'm injecting more signal than noise into the effort.

I'm intrigued at the latest news. I get the impression that Mark has spilled some of the beans, but may not be all that sure himself about the exact spot where he buried her. Another "mini-search" by law enforcement may be needed. The area of coverage may be fairly large, though. I don't think he remembers as much as you'd think a guy would remember about something like that. He's been trying to put it out of his mind, because he "didn't do it".

As fair "punishment" for my inordinate interest in this case, I'm leaving for a two-week trip today, and although I'm taking a laptop, I may not be able to check in to ATS much or at all while I'm gone. I'm sure it will be interesting to check back on this thread when I return and see what the "survey says".

Here's hoping this all gets resolved soon, even though no happy ending seems likely.

All readers and contributors to this thread, please accept my best wishes and regards. Be sure to get out and enjoy the sunshine!

Majic

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Radardog,

I must say, as a local, these accuracies are what compelled me to post. I find it amazing, actually, how accurate it can be, and some of these things are only things a person who has physically been to the place knows.

Also as a local, I think it is interesting the bits of information the police let out. I just hope the rest of the nation/world sees that not everybody in Utah thinks he's just a poor, poor LDS missionary whose wife is missing. I don't care what religion he is, that has nothing to do with it. Personal opinion here, I believe he is responsible for it.

I noted a discussion on here about the LDS religion, and I'd just like to say that anybody who followed the Elizabeth Smart case...you'll notice the church gave full backing to her family. They won't give it to Mark. Why? Well this is out of personal opinion and not meant to offend, but I was born and raised in Utah, and I am not LDS. I believe they won't give him backing because A: he's really quite guilty and he did a messy job B: He does not come from wealth. He probably could've taken a few pointers from Ed Smart

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
"The investigation took a grim turn over the weekend when Lori Hacking's relatives asked volunteers to stop looking for her in response to new information from her husband, and investigators said they would focus their search on the county landfill.

A statement from the family did not reveal what Mark Hacking told them, and Det. Dwayne Baird said only that it was "additional substantive information."

Detectives believe 27-year-old Lori Hacking's body is in the landfill, where exhaustive searches using cadaver dogs have come up empty. Investigators plan to resume their search this week."

full article here:

www.thestar.com.../Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1091444465645&call_pageid=968332188492&col=96870589 9037

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I read a link just this morning that it was Camel Menthols that he bought and smoked.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
This case might not go to trial, owing to the state of mind of the killer.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassie Clay

Insanity defenses are difficult if not impossible to get a jury to buy, especially in Utah. The defense attorney must establish that the person was not aware that his/her actions were wrong. Makes no matter whether they are loony or not. In fact, it someone is declared incompetent to stand trial in Utah, they are incarcerated in a mental institution until they such time as they become competent - then they go to trial.

My guess - he lawyered up really fast. IMO, they are already negotiating for a 2nd degree murder plea with a 25 year minimum.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys

Originally posted by Cassie Clay

Insanity defenses are difficult if not impossible to get a jury to buy, especially in Utah. The defense attorney must establish that the person was not aware that his/her actions were wrong. Makes no matter whether they are loony or not. In fact, it someone is declared incompetent to stand trial in Utah, they are incarcerated in a mental institution until they such time as they become competent - then they go to trial.

My guess - he lawyered up really fast. IMO, they are already negotiating for a 2nd degree murder plea with a 25 year minimum.

I'm talking more of him hanging himself by his dental floss unless they keep a very good eye on him.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Another random item of note, in none of my impressions does the name "Mark" associate with the murderer, just "him" or "the husband" or "the guy who did it" if you will, and none of those directly, just a "hunch" that it's him. No strong sense of identity at all. I don't "see" him really except for things like the gloves. Just a shadowy figure, not distinct. I'm not sure why that is, but thought I'd mention it.
. . .

I'm intrigued at the latest news. I get the impression that Mark has spilled some of the beans, but may not be all that sure himself about the exact spot where he buried her. Another "mini-search" by law enforcement may be needed. The area of coverage may be fairly large, though. I don't think he remembers as much as you'd think a guy would remember about something like that. He's been trying to put it out of his mind, because he "didn't do it".

Majic

Ok I am very new here and probably won't post much but found this through a web search and was very intrigued by this thread in it's entirety.

This was just a random thought on what you posted (above) though. If one was "insane" or had multiple personalities I guess it would stand to reason that one would think that "he didn't do it" and that "he" wouldn't have a strong identity of "himself" at the time of the murder. YK?! Especially if he mentallt left his real self and let so called inner "deamons" in.

Again just random thoughts here.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   
A relatively new event:
"Mark Hacking is under arrest for aggravated murder but the ugliest, dirtiest part of the job still remains to be done. Police believe that Lori Hacking�s body is buried deep under tons of trash in the Salt Lake Valley landfill. Rod Decker reports."

kutv.com...

Looks like he was arrested, but I still think they are mistaken about the depth of the body.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
radardog do you think that she is still in a shallow area because what I am reading is that they feel she is now buried under tons of garbage that was put there after her death and before they asked that the new garbage be dumped elsewhere so maybe where he placed her was shallow but has now been covered up.

Also do I remember correctly that his father is a doctor if so he may not have grown up wealthy but certainly a bit better off than most of us.

Also while I feel he may have actually done this in the heat of the moment and may not have intended to kill her - his actions after the fact were calculated to make a plea of insanity possible...all of this of course is IMHO.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   
If she is in the dump, I don't think she's buried under that much trash. They have been out there for a long time, twice with corpse sniffing dogs. These same sort of dogs were used to pull bodies out of the WTC collapsed building -- their smell is very good for this sort of thing. It's hard to believe that the dogs didn't have any leads the first two times they were brought out. They plan to bring the dogs one more time.

Of course, I could be wrong. -- But I'm not going to back track -- I still see a shallow grave; maybe 1 or 2 feet under something (dirt, sand, trash .. something).

[edit on 3-8-2004 by radardog]

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by justme1640
radardog do you think that she is still in a shallow area because what I am reading is that they feel she is now buried under tons of garbage that was put there after her death and before they asked that the new garbage be dumped elsewhere so maybe where he placed her was shallow but has now been covered up.

Also do I remember correctly that his father is a doctor if so he may not have grown up wealthy but certainly a bit better off than most of us.

Also while I feel he may have actually done this in the heat of the moment and may not have intended to kill her - his actions after the fact were calculated to make a plea of insanity possible...all of this of course is IMHO.

His father's a pediatrician.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join