It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Idol fan 'told she couldn't sit on front row at American Idol because of her size'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Good, get healthy and take personal responsibility. It's so like another poster said "typical western culture" except they were incorrect about what typical western culture was. We don't take responsibility and consume. WE Consume clothes we don't need, cars we don't need, houses we don't need, and carbs we don't need.

Eat reasonably healthy foods with proper fat to protein and vitamin ratios while getting at least 4 to 5 days worth of exercise in and you'll be fine. Carbs in Carbs out (what's your ratio?)

Take personal responsibility, and before you give me some dumbass excuse about genetic disorders I'll show you hundreds of pictures of men and women with top tier bodies with these same disorders that "predispose" them to being fat. Get up, lift some weights, and run; or cry more about how society hates you because you can't control your consumption. This is a plane of learning, and you'll be playing this game for as long as you need until you learn your lesson.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
did anybody take a look at the story? it shows a picture of the chick and she isn't even fat. shes just a lil thick

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
You know, she's not even that big!!!!

The thing that ticks me off the most? The fact that she starts trying to find excuses for her weight. She is beautiful and it was totally bogus what they did. Ugh, I knew there was a reason I hated American Idol.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticquasar
Welcome to Western culture, kid. If you're not one step above anorexic, you're considered a fat hog. Society doesn't allow its women to actually be healthy.

You really need to define "healthy" for us. Try for an explanation that a doctor would accept,
OK?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ReadyPower

She doesn't look all that fat to me, but I do live in the 7th fattest city in America.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Idol isn't alone...

Look at ANY audience TV show, and you'll see this all the time (pretty folks in the front rows). Dancing with the Stars, even America's Funniest Home Videos, etc., you'll see this quite a lot, if you look for it.

I'm a decent sized guy myself...I mean, I still buy clothes off the rack, don't need to go to a specialty store or anything, so I'm not huge, and I can sit fine anywhere, like planes, booths, etc....but yeah, most of Hollywood doesn't seem to realize the average American is not a size 0.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I wonder how the flight attendants got the service cart down the isle? I'm not being mean; rather, making an obvious observation.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

For that guy though, there is the whole thing about knowing your limits. This guy far exceeds any "normal" size, and just as he has to pay more for clothes (he's probably like a 5X and has to shop at specialty stores), he should realize it'd be in his best interest to upgrade to a bigger, first class seat (which may not even still be enough to hold him).

I have a friend who is about that size, and I've seen some of the extreme lengths he has to go to (he has to pay like $30 just for a plain t-shirt in his size, for example...I'd sooner kill myself than pay $30 for a t-shirt). For that level though, expecting society to change is not realistic. Folks who got to this point need to realize that THEY will need to take their size into consideration when planning things.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticquasar
Welcome to Western culture, kid. If you're not one step above anorexic, you're considered a fat hog. Society doesn't allow its women to actually be healthy.

Oh, nonsense. Just check your BMI. Being overweight is NOT "healthy" in the least. It puts strain on your bones and heart. You're much more prone to adult-onset diabetes. Your health care costs are exponentially higher. The kind of fat we're talking about here is breakfast pig fat, REALLY fat, as in you take two chairs instead of one fat. And the thing is, it's preventable in the vast majority of cases. All it takes is a little less lust for calories.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

It's not as simple as that. (lower lust for calories). It's also directly proportional to money. Healthy costs more and is more inconvenient. For example, pasta and rice are cheap, but high in carbs. Fruits and veggies are great, but you'll be running to the store every other day (and paying quite a bit) for them. Then there is time, I get home around 6:30pm each night, and much easier to pick something up than cook a meal.

Sure, it's each person's own responsibility, but there are more factors involved than people just craving high calories...a lot more factors.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

Originally posted by firecircle
Well I'm 6ft 3" tall and since my spinal injuries my weight rose to 26 stone and then reduced over time so I can relate to the problems of heavy people.When you live in a world of midget bodies and midget minds you have to make allowances because one thing is certain the small minded don't.

Im curious, as to your definition of midgets? Last time I checked they preferred Little people. Not midgets. Perhaps you should learn proper terminology!

Funny you should weigh in on this. The correct term for heavier people is 'overweight' and not 'Fatties' as you put it.

just sayin....

I'm now back to my fighting wieght 240 pounds 8% bodyfat if you haven't been somewhere don't try to write the travelog and as for midgets any males under 6ft and 200 lbs
apart from my good friend who is a dwarf not an american lol
edit on 4-5-2011 by firecircle because: dumb software

top topics

<< 1   >>

join