It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Idol fan 'told she couldn't sit on front row at American Idol because of her size'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

I am pretty sure that, somewhere on the tickets there is fine print warning fans about this happening... so if this did happen I doubt any legal action could be taken.. but.. well see.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ReadyPower

I dont blame them for this decision. Ever have to sit next to a fat person on a plane? I mean, were talking coach. Theres barely enough room to breathe. The last thing someone needs either on a plane or in the audience is a fat chick taking up other peoples spaces to breathe! Dont blame them what so ever!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
They do this for airplanes now also.

I just don't know what the problem is?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Welcome to Western culture, kid. If you're not one step above anorexic, you're considered a fat hog. Society doesn't allow its women to actually be healthy.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
reply to post by ReadyPower

I dont blame them for this decision. Ever have to sit next to a fat person on a plane? I mean, were talking coach. Theres barely enough room to breathe. The last thing someone needs either on a plane or in the audience is a fat chick taking up other peoples spaces to breathe! Dont blame them what so ever!

Not even going to say how utterly rude and ignorant that comment is but...

The real reason is Hollywood image. Plain and simple. This is an example of not being attractive according to pretty people standards, not chair size.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Oh I know exactly why! They have this image, that idol wants to keep " pretty " people in the front. Not fat heffers! Again, its a business decision. If you viewers at home saw nothing but fatties in the front row every episode, then guess what, the fan base would fall off, and then the show would be pulled. ( honestly i think pulling the show would be ideal, considering its a show that has been known to cause cancer in rats)

And ignorant? Come on man, tell me you haven't been disgruntled because you were forced to sit next to some fat dude on a plane...and the flight was 4 hours long? Or any other event? You say no, then your lying, if you say yes you have, then you I know you had thoughts of discomfort in your head!
edit on 11-4-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum
They do this for airplanes now also.

I just don't know what the problem is?

You dont know what the problem is? Look at the guy again? He doesn't even fit in the chair! I mean come on, lets be real!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Is that austin powers(fat bastard)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
sorry forgot to put sarcasm in parenthesis!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

just checkin!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Well I'm 6ft 3" tall and since my spinal injuries my weight rose to 26 stone and then reduced over time so I can relate to the problems of heavy people.When you live in a world of midget bodies and midget minds you have to make allowances because one thing is certain the small minded don't.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by firecircle
Well I'm 6ft 3" tall and since my spinal injuries my weight rose to 26 stone and then reduced over time so I can relate to the problems of heavy people.When you live in a world of midget bodies and midget minds you have to make allowances because one thing is certain the small minded don't.

Im curious, as to your definition of midgets? Last time I checked they preferred Little people. Not midgets. Perhaps you should learn proper terminology!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Everything today is made for midgets.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

lol. Are you seriously comparing a very tall guy whose morbidly obese with a short girl whose merely overweight? I mean, it isn't as though they put her in the back because she wouldn't fit in the chair.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
if you are overweight due to a true physical problem, then that sucks and im sorry.

But if your just fat. stop being fat. give half your food away to the hungry. you'll feel good, and lose weight.

anyways... did you really expect anything more from american idol? seriously?
edit on 11-4-2011 by OUNjahhryn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
You guys just couldn't resist Tossing that Midget comment out there, huh!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by firecircle

Well said...I think this is an issue of mistreatment to a dumb show anyway.... besides.. the airlines are soo greedy they try to pack as many people into as many seats as possible... come one, since when did you ever see a normal size person fit into a plane seat comfortably, maybe a supermodel ...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Im curious, as to your definition of midgets? Last time I checked they preferred Little people. Not midgets. Perhaps you should learn proper terminology!

Funny you should weigh in on this. The correct term for heavier people is 'overweight' and not 'Fatties' as you put it.

just sayin....

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Funny you should weigh in on this. The correct term for heavier people is 'overweight' and not 'Fatties' as you put it.

just sayin....

i'd say it depends. if you are overweight due to a physical condition, then I'd say overweight.

but if you just don't take care of yourself, then fatties should be an acceptable term. why should i be politically correct to someone who just eats too much when theres so many starving people in the world?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join