It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Royal Wedding - Most important event in history?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Or that man alone cannot do anything. I'd beg to ponder what if 2 billion people all prayed to the same God at the same time? Well, it already is. Muslims do that. 5 times a day. Now they have most of the oil, are the fastest growing religion, and are a global power. But could this be God working in them? Or could it be God desiring them to go to the right religion, if its not that one. We may never know. As a Christian it makes me ponder. This will only prove that mankind alone cannot physically do anything by thought.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Mazel, mazel! Good things!

Weddings are always a happy time, much like the birth of a child or a graduation.
I'm not sure if 2 billion people watching at the same time and being happy will do anything at all, but hey, if makes you happy to watch, good enough. We have enough misery in life, so whatever makes people smile can't be all bad.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
It's a marriage of convenience and money. Love has nothing to do with it and everybody knows it.

OP. I agree with your theory, but I think you made the mistake of lumping it with the royal wedding. You lost a lot of possible converts by doing that.

Who was it that said "don't let your message get lost in the method"? MLK?

Indeed.

and also made the mistake of the rubbish number of 2 BILLION that the media is feeding to everyone.

The theory is a good one, One that holds much merit, ...

I just cannot fathom 2 billion people watching this, Nor can I fathom that a huge majority of them will be watching for any reason other than "because it's on" and "the media says it's important".

Most people who even care about this kind of crap, Live everyday with their heads up their anal cavities..
These people will not be projecting anything coherent.

Just simply "watching", without much real concern , care, or feeling.
edit on 12-4-2011 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by jimmyx
does this belong on ATS? who gives a rats rump (ok, 2 billion people), but they are like the people that stare at a car wreck as they go pass...please find another blog for this trivial and superficial crap.

Your inability to see the true impact of a collective focus to potentially alter the world is inconsequencial. You have demonstrated only your inability to see the subject matter for what it is.

sorry about that...being 58 years old and having been around the block a few times, i base my world on reality, and not on "collective focus"

If something makes you happy, you make others around you happy and so on, it doesn't have to be superficial crap.

I can see the perspective the OP has, everyday we watch negative news, people post negative things all over the internet, people are negative to each other and this spreads like a wave. If you make one person sad, that person will go home and make someone else sad and it goes on and on until it reaches the other side of the world in some form

The fact is being positive more often, affects not just yourself but everyone around you, the same goes for being negative.

So if millions of people are gonna feel good watching the wedding well it can only bring good right?

The wedding doesn't interest me one bit thou, so it wont make me feel very positive lol.
edit on 12-4-2011 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I doubt 2 billion people will watch, and if they do most will either be from Euro-zone, or from the various British Commonwealth nations(or whatever that organization is called).

As for me? I could careless if a bunch of redcoats get married. Don't get me wrong I wish them the best in their marriage, but as an American I find it to be a nuisance when we have more important things to discuss as a nation.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I am so looking forward to the Royal wedding, with myself, my wife and 2 daughters facing eviction by a criminal landlord, housing benefit changes meaning I am now priced out of the already minute selection of properties available and will be socially cleansed into being forced into a nice run down drug filled area as reward for myself being stuck on sickness benefits (the real sick, not the job dodging type).
While the country is on its backside and with no end in sight of the downward spiral I can sleep a little better at night knowing that as a 'favour' Wills and his bird will ONLY be stealing 20 million pounds from tax payers for their charade spectacle of an arranged marriage.
While I am trying to budget in a couple of cheap charity shop items to put on my daughter I can feel a little more at ease knowing that the useless pointless tourist attraction German invaders in their palaces will be having their bottoms wiped after eating a little too much caviare and ducks liver pate washed down with over priced tipple.
I am so happy for them, I am not in the least annoyed that while gangs of chavs are mugging people in the streets due to lack of policing their will be no expense spared on making sure nobody is allowed to fart in the wrong direction within 50 miles of the future pointless crown wearing moron and his future wife who better not upset the biggest waste of space family of spongers in the country lest she end up smashed in a Paris tunnel too.
When Americans (and other foreigners) make the mistake that all Brits give a flying fig about the royals or a monarchy system I find it difficult to refrain from pointing out the irony that the only place they seem to want to visit is London (horrible grey busy filthy city), visit Buck palace and seem to give a damn about these morons in crowns and their snobbery tabloid attention whoring much more than any Brit I know.
Meanwhile when Will is putting on his murdered mothers ring onto his selected silver spoon brides finger I will most likely be sat in a homeless hostel ready to be herded like cattle into the nearest run down estate.
My lack of drinking, smoking, drug abuse, criminal record and refraining from being a problem to anybody was so worth it, karma doesn't exist, I am proof of that.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by keepithush

Well said keepithush! If these wankers really want some good tabloid airplay that would last for more than a day or two, they should set an example for that "waste of space" queen, hop on a plane riding cattle class to Vegas and get married by "Elvis." The 20 million pounds saved would certainly help out at least 2000 families that are on disability make ends meet.

But that's not what it's all about... it's about "branding" and sucking as much capital out of people as that blood and soul sucking vampire can. Old queenie probably gets to sell off the rights for all the advertising and reruns of this garbage so she can line her organized crime family's coffers with more money gleaned from the pockets of what she considers "her" serfs. Actually, I should refer to her as "it" because I am not altogether sure that its bat eared horse faced family is even human, it certainly doesn't act human.

That 20 million pounds comes out of the pockets of people who actually work, or pay for anything, in the form of taxes (income and VAT) that could be put to much better use. William would better serve his country by hunting down the person who contracted or ordered the killing of his mother (rather than getting married in lala land) and having them tried and if found guilty, executed and piked.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 4/13.2011 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
While I certainly believe in the power of positive thought and think that it might actually help.. how I don't know, but I can't see that it would hurt, I also think it just won't happen.

I don't give a rats ass about two spoiled rotten brats who think they are better than the rest of the world simply because they are 'royals'. I don't think that I could watch their wedding and feel anything positive about it. Maybe they ought to televise people who we could all get behind and have honest to goodness positive thinking about. You know.. people who actually do positive things and help society, someone worthy of looking up to and sending positive vibes to.

I have heard that large amounts of positive thought can change physical energy though. Who can know such things though? Would it stop natural disasters? Would it calm a volcano.. who knows. Maybe it would just calm people down and for once there would be more happy relaxed people rather than angry and bitter.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
2 billion people estimated to watch the royal wedding!!! I don't think so? Do the powers that be really think we believe that?
I would rather potter around in the garden than watch those ugly freaks! With the possibliity of the beckhams in attendence, i would rather not. They might be all very very rich, but they are embarrassingly ugly and to think the world could be watching....quite frankly is cringworthy! Maybe they are aliens?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

So sorry to hear that Keepithush! Stay strong!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by InnerPeace2012

Hmmm...reminds me of this thread...hint, hint

Is Prince William NWO's chosen anti-christ?
edit on 12-4-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

No he is not as TPTB can't just choose an AntiChrist like they do POTUS or any other spot for that matter.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
In response to the "good vibrations/positive energy" going to make any difference: the Maharishi (Beatles Guru) tried to use the collective "creative intelligence" of his followers to try and "good vibe" all the crime and negative energy out of Washington D.C. a few decades ago. In fact, despite of all the effort, the crime rate rose dramatically. This caused our guru to abandon the U.S. for Switzerland (maybe to be closer to his money). Thoughts, as a rule go no further than our skulls. Maybe there are exceptions to the rule like telepathy, etc. but these instances are very, very rare. Believing that thoughts without the actions produced by them can do anything, is a very immature way to think. It goes back to childhood and the "step on a crack and break my mother's back" syndrome.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Who gives a flying fart, who doesn't live in Europe.... Europe didn't care about my wedding

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Well, I didn't care about Diana's funeral and I don't care about this wedding. Count me as one Brit who won't be watching. I have more important things to do on the 29th.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

What a pathetic negative post that was. Your life is totally screwed up by your account and it is everybody else's fault but yours. Just because you are on your " backside " doesn't mean the UK is.

And when you claim Brits don't give a " flying fig " you didn't ask me did you ? Who did you ask exactly ?

If you weren't so negative perhaps your life wouldn't be such a mess. You think you would be so much better off on welfare in the US republic ?

And as for Diana being " murdered ", got a shred of evidence for that ?

I shall enjoy watching the wedding but for those who are not interested then it's simple, don't switch on.

The OP has a point. Mass positive feelings cannot be a bad thing. It is a pity that so many ATS members seem to have to try and outdo each other in angst and cynicism .

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I knew they had themed the wedding on something! Prince Marries a commoner while ugly sisters watch on... AND they nicked the wardrobe!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/29f2d9241f55.jpg[/atsimg]

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join