It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GHOST Adventures the TV show

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I have been watching the show with my sons now for a couple of months. Im curious as to whether or not the show is just for entertainment, and all make believe? I mean alot of the " voices " they claim to have recorded could have easily been created with use of a computer and a synthesizer.

Are there any viewers of the show that may have insight? Its interesting to say the least, more fun to hang out with my sons, watching the show, than half of the sitcoms on tv nowadays. But We sit and try to debunk for fun~

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

I never heard about that show you where talking about, so I looked for it..
and found this ?

Anyway.. I agree with you, its just a "show" its pre made stages and actors

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I take anything with TV with a grain of salt.

I can't help but think of this - whenever someone brings them up -

Paranormal donkeys anyone?

I also remember in another episode they thought they herd voodoo chanting and it really just sounded like a bunch of geese.

If you like it, and you enjoy watching it that's all that matters, just don't make any life altering choices based off what they say.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I like and watch Zack and the team. But I have wondered the same thing you have. Although, I have heard paranormal investigators in general, say, that if you want to prove the ghostly evidence for yourself, merely go to an active location with your own equipment. I --know-- there are paranormal entities, because I have experienced them. Only because I was assigned to work security at a haunted site. I have no doubt I would pick up ghostly evidence on my own, with equipment, but I'll never go do that, cuz it would be too scary.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Most shows like that have been proven and admitted to being fake and the best fake show of this type is Most Haunted imo.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I was wondering the same thing. I'm used to watching Ghost Hunters and GHI so I'm curious because these guys seem to have different, radical technology. Wondering if it's all fluff and if this equipment works why isn't Ghost Hunters using it? That voice thing really creeps me out I have to say.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
All I can say is, for those of you who say, "that stuff is all b.s," I --dare-- you to go to a haunted site with your own recording stuff. Aye? Aye?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

I was going to say the same thing.

If you doubt them, take a night and test it.
First hand knowledge is the best hand knowledge.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

A lot of people here do ^ ^ from what I know we even have some paranormal team members around here.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
All I can say is, for those of you who say, "that stuff is all b.s," I --dare-- you to go to a haunted site with your own recording stuff. Aye? Aye?

I agree 100% per what's said above.
2nd

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I've tried to watch this show. I even watched the entire 1st show and there was some creepy things in it (some bricks and stuff floating that seemed hard to fake and filmed in a believable way). BUT... The Zak guy really annoys me. Everything about him bothers me. I can't watch it.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by 35Foxtrot
I've tried to watch this show. I even watched the entire 1st show and there was some creepy things in it (some bricks and stuff floating that seemed hard to fake and filmed in a believable way). BUT... The Zak guy really annoys me. Everything about him bothers me. I can't watch it.

I saw the first show also, & that was hard to debunk.
I would love to believe the tools they use(esp. the voice ones) were real.
But, I have my doubts.
They have gotten some very good pics with temperature drops that coincide.

I have really, been waiting for a paranormal team to either disappear, or be brutally murdered.
They I might believe it was real...
I can just imagine the headlines now...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
For me, its fun because its something that me and my sons look forward to in the evenings during my visitations. But when they start asking questions ( mind you they're 8 and 5 years old ) I have to think about what their little minds must be thinking, and debunk. But during the process I started realizing that my methods of debunking could in fact be correct? I was just wondering.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
All these type of TV programmes, Most Haunted, TAPS etc, are all faked because they have to produce spills and thrills to keep the audience hooked, and as anyone who has investigated hauntings will tell you, they don't happen on cue!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I watch it, because the guys crack me up.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I don't belive they fake the sounds they record. I do belve that 95% are just randon noises' that the recorders pick up. Created by a combination of ambiant sounds in the in the enviorment surrounding the recorder. An example....Clothing rubbing together with wind and a creaking house in the background. Sounds we take for granted. This combination could recreate the resembalence of a word or vague mumbling sentence. The human brain try's to inturput this chaos and form some order out of it. These investigators create unwilling noises with jackets,breathing,swallowing,shuffling feet,..ect.. This happens because it's not in a controlled enviorment. Some of these deciphered voices are quite a stretch for me which usally results with me slapping myself in forehead with the palm of my hand because they are trying to make something out of nothing.
But it's that other 5% that I can't rationalize away that keeps me watching these shows. The "gems" they catch that lead me too belive there are things out there that do go bump in the night.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I have read up a lot about the guys in ghost adventures, and they ( in my opinion) have never faked anything on their show.. Not ever.. From hearing others discuss them and their show, they are said to have the most integrity, and they do what they do because they care about the real truth.. That is what the show is about in the first place, finding real and true evidence of existance after death.

Having said that, Yeah, there are other shows that seem to have faked some evidence, but I feel that the Ghost adventures people are 100% honest..

Just my opinion of course, and I also like watching the show because it is very entertaining..

They have also talked about things that have happened to them (off camera) because of they work they do, like having negative things following them home and trying to mess up their family..

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I love ghost adventures because its really entertaining. Ive kind of resigned myself to the fact that not all of what they claim to have caught is real, but thats the entertainment industry for you. They've still got bigger balls than i have for walking around some of these places in the pitch dark. TAPS is the fakest of all the ghost shows. I think in all the series they've done ive only found two bits of evidence interesting. I also hate how they've sold themselves as some kind of officianados on the paranormal. They just guess like the rest of us.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
They did a show when they went to Boise on the State Pen there........

They were caught exagerating and faking quite a bit of stuff....

Including asking a friend of mine who deals with reptiles, if he could supply them with rattlesnakes.........

I knew they did this before the show came out and couldnt figure out why they would want rattlesnakes till the show came out..........

And then they freak out on the hill above the prison like its SOOOO DANGEROUS and there are ratlesnakes everywhere..........

Ive always wondered about them, but when this happened they lost ALL credibility with me.........

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I watch the show mostly for the humor....they just crack me up! I think it's mostly for entertainment anyway. Zach is in his 30's but he acts like a 12 year old.....he's so gullable and believes any story people tell him....he's a riot!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join