It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't understand why USA has increased his military capacity of 59%whereas country is Bankruptcy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
People knows that USA are the best in the military technology. So why did they continue in that, improving lasers for example, forgetting the people of th States ?
edit on 11/04/11 by LaTouffe because: the title in not in entire part

edit on 11/04/11 by LaTouffe because: title not in entire part

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Would you care to elaborate some and maybe give some links to backup your stats?
Thanks.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by LaTouffe

This sounds a bit extreme but it is in my opinion after reading and researching quite a bit that the US Government continues to bulk up on military technology....especially lasers...because of a fear of alien invasion.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
They aint increasing ****!
We are still at half pay.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

when your country is on its knees..you go to war...it keeps the people occupied,keeps the fighting men abroad...and brings in the resources of the nations you attack...

you only have to look back in history to see this is not a new thing.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

yes i missed them. Here the link of military's spend.
www.globalissues.org...
Compare this graph to that :
www.ibtimes.com...
www.usgovernmentspending.com...
So you can see there is a priority for the army.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Aliens? I'm not so sure, I do know that Lasers are faster than missiles and that lasers can protect ships, planes and emplacements! When they get the targeting correct, and the ability to fire at will with these, it will be possible to protect our interests.Makes sense to have a system that can react quicker than your opponents! If you think other countries aren't working along the same lines you're wrong!

Zindo
edit on 4/11/2011 by ZindoDoone because: spelling & punctution

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

America has this funny little thing called the Military Industrial Complex in which a large portion of our economy comes from military contractors and military spending. The idiots in Congress think of it as a type of economic stimulus package for the bomb makers and such and it keeps thousands of Americans employed. The Military Industrial Complex may be one of the last manufacturing sectors still left inside the US (although, I wouldn't be surprised if they start exporting those jobs too).

The problem is; its still taking our tax dollars and spending them in the economy, like robbing Peter to pay Paul. In the end, nothing of value is added to the economy and it then becomes necessary to manufacture wars against foreign nations in order to justify all that spending.

Then the warmongers say they cannot allow the US to loose stature by backing down in the face of their enemies or they cannot leave the war torn country in a state of chaos after they made it that way.

Its a huge self sustaining cycle that constantly drains resources from our economy and creates enormous debt because there is no way tax revenues alone can pay for it. Military spending is seen as more of a necessity by the government than all the entitlement spending for its own people. They would rather cut off Social Security checks to the elderly than back out of one of their stupid wars.

It is stupidity on the grandest scale and the will of the people is completely ignored on these matters because the lobbiests for defence contractors are the ones really pulling the strings in Washington.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
there is a thing i don't understand. Obama preferes pacifism no ? I believe that USA prepares for a new world order. In the past, they have done war become they have converted to a police of the world. But now the times are changing. It's harder for them to handle an entire world.
www.dailymotion.com...
edit on 11/04/11 by LaTouffe because: modification

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

I don't like those powerfull thechnology because when a government has a power like that, it can be taken in bad hands because we knows that everybody are not called "Angels".
this is it : "New guns, New wars and fear for people".
The time when gun proctected liberty, has expired.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by LaTouffe
there is a thing i don't understand. Obama preferes pacifism no ? I believe that USA prepares for a new world order. In the past, they have done war become they have converted to a police of the world. But now the times are changing. It's harder for them to handle an entire world.
www.dailymotion.com...
edit on 11/04/11 by LaTouffe because: modification

Obama CLAIMS to prefer pacifism but his actions totally contradict his words. He got his Nobel Peace Prize and now he's going on just like his predicessor and getting the US tangled up in even more military actions.

Maybe the economy is forcing the US to finally face reality and that is the reason he is letting NATO take the lead in this latest foray but, the US has to keep its hands in the mix to justify all that ridiculous spending on their military.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

Obama CLAIMS to prefer pacifism but his actions totally contradict his words. He got his Nobel Peace Prize

gotta love this one...his now dropped more cruise missiles than any other Nobel Peace Prize winner in history.

kinda ruins it for all the other genuine winners who really have made a difference to the world.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Good man for the links.

It would not really matter about if BarryO was a peaceful man or not, he is a politician now and he will do as the money tells him to do.
Whatever he "might" have been in the past is gone.
The fact that we have sold ourselves as the "World Police" is a joke, apparently our police force only walks the beat on wall street and the ghetto gets overlooked.
Otherwise we would have fixed a million little atrocities in Africa.
When i was growing up i thought the U was all that they say it is, nowadays i realize we are a shameless husk of what we were, we can get it back but everyone or at least 51% has to feel this way too.
Wall street will buy 50% however.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Yes that is problematic. Because, if one day, the world discovers that, he will think that we cannot trust each other, because we have placed our hope in this only men in which we believed that he was a good man, Obama.

Sorry for my bad english
edit on 11/04/11 by LaTouffe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Its a huge self sustaining cycle

I agree with everything in your post cept this snippet.
This cycle cannot and will not sustain it's self, in fact we are dying.
Shame too.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

America has this funny little thing called the Military Industrial Complex in which a large portion of our economy comes from military contractors and military spending. The idiots in Congress think of it as a type of economic stimulus package for the bomb makers and such and it keeps thousands of Americans employed. The Military Industrial Complex may be one of the last manufacturing sectors still left inside the US

One of the many problems is that it is a manufacturing sector than in most cases, is only allowed to sell internally to Americans, usually the Government.
A *real* manufacturing sector that kept Americans employed would be selling items for export, and thus earning dollars for the country.

A country cant make money if it is just selling stuff to itself.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
So well, i'm too young to say what is good what is bad, but it's sure that we are not living in the best of the worlds.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
It's simple, OP

War and smashing then claiming to restore ---- * IS * the primary US industry

Outgoings are minimal -- just human lives and they have 300 million just sitting there doing nothing

The gains are phenomenal --- for the select few with more money than they know what to do with

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
ok people no matter how much people like to think we have the best military technology in the world we dont

anyone who pays any attention from the technology being developed by the rest of the world there are some real problems with the majority of the outdated weapon systems we current use and people just love to say is the best.

the us government the federal government has the sole responsibilty of providing for the common defense of this nation.

you can not develop build and field weapons on the cheap taking the "Walmart" approach does nothing but kill our own people. you just can't sit on a system for 50 years technological progress never stops you can try to stop it here but the rest of the world will pass you by and then one day they come knocking on your door.

thats they way the world works.

like it or not we need to spend money on them and advancing todays technology for tomorrow it never stops never.

the majority of people in this country who dont have cars or computers more than a few years old think about that the majority of what they have is decades old.

now everytime you go out and buy a new car or computer its always better than the last.

everytime people call defense cuts the military suffers and you people are giving a better edge to whoever the enemy will be at the time.

and guess what people as long as this country exists we NEED our military without them there is no country.

new topics

top topics

join