It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drones in your Neighborhood!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by forall2see

Good point, it could have been an RC drone, but the one I seen looked a lot like this. It had the wings pointed down.

edit on 10-4-2011 by Deja`Vu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
While I dont doubt TPTB spying on everyday citizens, could it possibly be a large RC hobby aircraft?? Especially at a height of 50ft or so.

I have heard the drones are being used for border patrol and in looking for marijuana fields.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jstanthrno1
While I dont doubt TPTB spying on everyday citizens, could it possibly be a large RC hobby aircraft?? Especially at a height of 50ft or so.

I have heard the drones are being used for border patrol and in looking for marijuana fields.

They can be hobby aircraft, but the city of Miami made it public that they would be using drones for surveillance on the citizens, and to spot out marijuana grow houses. So it could be either one. Regardless its crazy that the same drones that are in iraq and afghanistan killing people are here in our own country being used against us! While we pay for it!

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I remember when I first started coming on ATS and learned about "black helicopters"and false flag operations.

Well I almost wet my pants when a few nights later there were two helicopters doing some kind of drills or whatever back and forth around my area.

I was scared at first because..hey ATS will scare anyone when they first start coming here but honestly it was just a coincidence.

OP you guys should do it again and have a camera handy and take pictures if it comes back.

Use key words like "bombs" "bush" "nuke"

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deja`Vu

Good point, it could have been an RC drone, but the one I seen looked a lot like this. It had the wings pointed down.

Yes thats exactly what it looked like, but the one i saw was black.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by pop_science

I would love to catch one again!..Ive been looking at every helicopter that passes by to see if i see one, so that i can videotape it. Those type of sightings only happen randomly and your so amazed that you forget to videotape it lol.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
another thing is that they fly at night. i wont be able to catch it with my cellphone

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deja`Vu

So if this was flying at night, do you know if it would look like a lit up "v"? I've been trying to find a picture of what I saw but since it was mostly at night (one or two as the sun was coming up but my eyes were blurry by that point), I would have only seen the parts lit up. At the risk of sounding silly, I can only describe it as looking like a miniature eiffel tower shaped object. Any ideas?

Timidgal

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

That doesnt resemble what i saw, but i have read about sightings of a lit up v or triangle. from what i read they are government ships. what they are used for is another mystery lol but what you did see was real and many other people have spotted the same thing. theres actually a whole lot of information on them on the internet. good for you that you happen to be one of the few that have seen that. where was it? and what was it doing?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by thegasface

Well, at first I thought that there were three different kinds - 1) a cigar shaped object, 2) three lights which were much higher in the sky that seemed to interact with one another. The separate lights, I thought, would drift apart for a short distance and then came back together as at least one of the lights would pulsate and turn a red or orange color the closer it got to the others. But the most common one was he Eiffel Tower shaped ones which seemed to just float - sometimes low and sometimes higher - and change direction from time to time. I see across a pretty wide spanse of the Hudson River and sometimes was two or three of them at a time. They never bumped into any trees or houses but they came fairly close to them at some points and although I know that someone said that these things never stand still, there was one about 50 yards away from the Tappan Zee Bridge and it hovered there few a good 2-3 hours. It was move very slightly every once in a while but was hovering stationery for most of the time. It was the last one to eventually ascend out of my field of vision as the sun was coming up. It was weird at first but I soon realized that they weren't really checking me out (at least I don't think so) - it was more like they were patrolling the area and as strange as it seems, it made me feel safer.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
interesting. i hope they are here to protect, but i doubt it :/. i tend to think positive but its hard when everything is kept from us. either aliens live here on earth or its top secret government projects. iran came out saying they created a flying saucer so its pretty believable to think the us has had this technology for awhile. theyre probably way past flying saucers hence the lights and cigar shaped objects. do they appear frequently in new york? im visiting ny this summer so it would be cool to know when and where they usually appear so i can witness it myself.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
If you could hear the engine on the thing, I doubt it would be useful of any type of audio monitoring.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ayoss

true. then maybe its just video surveillance and to look for grow houses.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Could it be this: Drone from Parrot? I think it's mostly sold in Europe but maybe one of your neighbor has bought one and wants to make fun of you.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Here is a gallery of the latest and future drones... www.popsci.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jeanne75018

No lol. It wasnt a toy, it was the real deal.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegasface

No lol. It wasnt a toy, it was the real deal.

Then I don't know how you can tolerate such an intrusion into your private space.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

What would you do?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bonified Ween
Drone's don't "hover" they will circle you like a hawk.
Has the military shown or told us everything they have? Besides it's for our national security !

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegasface

What would you do?

I would march with some other people in front of the National Assembly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join