It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AL proposes no-fly zone over Gaza

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

AL proposes no-fly zone over Gaza

www.presstv.ir

Amid successive deadly attacks by Israel on the Gaza Strip, the Arab League plans to press the United Nations to impose a no-fly zone over the coastal sliver.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I suspect Arab League is trying to gain credibility because in the eyes of Arabs, it has zero credibility. It is mainly controlled by the same leaders who the Arab world is trying to topple through these revolutions.

The question remains, why didn't the Arab League ever call for a no fly zone in the past decade when Palestinian civilians were slaughtered by Israeli Jets?

The timing is important.

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by P3ACE0WAR

world war three. coming to a mediterranean shore near you.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Yeah, good idea......no fly zone over Gaza......

except Israel is not a member of the Arab League so that leaves Israel out of the loop

LOL

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Israel would NEVER allow this.
If this did happen then it would truly be a sign that things have changed in the worlds power structure.
But I dont think this will ever be seen as anything other than a joke by most of the world.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
This is obviously just a headline maker. They know good and well that a no-fly zone [against Israel] will never, ever come to fruition. Furthermore, in order to maintain a no-fly zone, you need better air capabilities than the nation or force that you are keeping grounded, otherwize it's just a war/conflict, as opposed to a no-fly zone. Israel has the support and might of the US Air Force, basically making them untouchable.

With all of that being said, I would support a no-fly zone over Gaza before I would support the same over Libya. I find it painfully amuzing that somehow what Gaddafi is doing needs to be stopped, though what Israel is doing seems to be okay. The situation is far worse in Gaza in almost every sense. I guess that's what the biggest lobbying effort ever mounted achieves.

--airspoon
edit on 10-4-2011 by airspoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

"Amid successive deadly attacks by Israel on the Gaza Strip, the Arab League plans to press the United Nations to impose a no-fly zone over the coastal sliver."

Israel is part of UN.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Thats why they are going to the UN. Not that Israel abides by the UN either though.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

The UN is about corrupt as the Vatican and the Mafia......

Ya think Israel gives a crap about the UN?

Even I don't and personally I think the UN should be dismantled

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

I agree, the UNSC is dictated by the VETO wielding powers therefore no such actions can pass, making UN the worse and the most unjust treaty ever formed in history, and yet all world nations have joined it. One World Order I suppose??

Anyways, the Arab League doesn't even have the power to impose a legitimate condemnation of illegal Israeli activities (through UN), how can it implement a no fly zone (through UN) is beyond me.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Israel has ignored the U.N before and it certainly will over this. Anyway, there will never be a U.N resolution passed on this one.The U.S, U.K and France will not vote in favour and Russia and China will abstain (as always).

Plus there's no oil in Palestine and no other resources, so they're on their own, more's the pity.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Yea, the UN is a joke. I cant believe that NATO even bothered going to the UN for clearance to go into Libya but
I think that was just for show and they wouldve done it with or without their "blessing"
Whats funny is that NATO was organized to be a deterrent against a soviet invasion, meaning if one NATO member was attacked, it would be as if all were attacked and all member countries would be obligated to respond.

But they have completely bastardized it now, whatever they can do to suit their agenda i guess.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TriForce

Yep, and thats why Georgia was left to their own devices.......

so where was NATO on that one?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Did Georgia join NATO? I didnt think they were allowed in because of border issues or something like that?
In any case, did you actually think that the US would actually take on a major player in the world?
Especially when the country has nothing of value, *cough* (oil)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Yep, and thats why Georgia was left to their own devices.......

so where was NATO on that one?

I agree. That was a test of NATO's resolve and it choked BIG time. But when it comes to the Middle East then they know they are not going to face any real conflict, so send in the bombers. Joke organisation along with the U.N.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Georgia has been trying to join NATO for some years but still have a very close alliance with the USA and NATO

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
If the UN actually did implement a no fly zone over Gaza... which will never happen. And if it did happen...Israel would not follow the resolution. If they did follow the resolution, they would just do a large scale land invasion instead. They always have new weapons they are eager to test out on the unsuspecting civilians of Gaza. They still got all those cluster bombs they need to use up too before they expire.

Will this ever end? Probably not

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
The Israeli response has been the same response which justifies all its brutal, destructive, inhumane and illegal activities against Palestine/Palestinians:

"State official in response: Arab League should first ensure Gaza militants halt attacks on Israel"
www.ynetnews.com...

edit on 10-4-2011 by P3ACE0WAR because: (no reason given)

top topics

join