It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would you invade the USA?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Semicollegiate
Unless the US keeps air superiority, the US wont have have any subsequent grain harvests or oil or natural gas and will be fighting on captured supplies, herd animals, and mobile solar arrays, given the current technology.

I'm not sure how you figure this, but there is actually a pretty significant military presence both in Texas, and along the East Coast. So dividing the country in two from the Gulf of Mexico might be a good start, but you would definitely be seeing more than just cattle and "captured supplies," from both flanks as well as head-on. Texas has plenty of its own oil fields and we import a lot of oil from foreign countries too.

Imo you would have to be China or some united coalition of forces to even stand a chance with this strategy. It would be hard to keep your foothold, plus naval action in the Gulf of Mexico would be limited by geography. From the Pacific (for example for China), you'd either have to capture the Panama Canal, or else sail around the tip of South America to even reach the Gulf of Mexico. The US would probably destroy the Panama Canal before letting foreign countries use it for a naval invasion of the Gulf of Mexico. Capturing the Panama Canal would probably be pretty crucial in any such scenario.
edit on 10-4-2011 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by caf1550

Of course I was kidding in my post about the "growers", but I do have to agree with you! I don't know much we in Canada could do to help, seeing as how the government has been disarming the people for many years now. Just hope you never have a gun registry like we have! It will leave you defenseless against even your own government, should something drastic take place. Goverments are afraid of their own people, which is the real reason for ordering the registration of even our hunting rifles and shotguns. Handguns you can buy almost anywhere. Sorry to stray off topic a little, bur I just want to emphasize how much more difficult it would for citizens to protect themselves or even their country, if there's a gun registry in place.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrydog
first i would bomb all mcdonalds...main food chain broken...

Germans don´t bomb anymore. Game over for you, now go to one of the many McDonalds in Berlin and chow down on a nice cheeseburger with pommes.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Bkrmn

im only 22 years old but im all second admendment, the right to bear arms and protect yourself is a right that every person should have

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

This is so elementary it's not even funny. All I would do is gain access to Mexico, dress like one of them there agricultural workers, along with about 15,000 others and sneak across our southwestern border and spread out to California, Texas, Florida, New Jersey, etc etc. Making sure I bring plenty of bombs since we won't be patted down or have anything looked through then I would coordinate strikes on DC and as many military bases as 15,000 people could. I would do all my correspondences snail mail and in code.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

Unless the US keeps air superiority, the US wont have have any subsequent grain harvests or oil or natural gas and will be fighting on captured supplies, herd animals, and mobile solar arrays, given the current technology.

I'm not sure how you figure this, but there is actually a pretty significant military presence both in Texas, and along the East Coast. So dividing the country in two from the Gulf of Mexico might be a good start, but you would definitely be seeing more than just cattle and "captured supplies," from both flanks as well as head-on. Texas has plenty of its own oil fields and we import a lot of oil from foreign countries too.

If the campaign by the invaders was successful then the US would be reduced to captured supplies, herd animals and relocateable solar arrays. I state some assumptions below.

Imo you would have to be China or some united coalition of forces to even stand a chance with this strategy. It would be hard to keep your foothold, plus naval action in the Gulf of Mexico would be limited by geography. From the Pacific (for example for China), you'd either have to capture the Panama Canal, or else sail around the tip of South America to even reach the Gulf of Mexico. The US would probably destroy the Panama Canal before letting foreign countries use it for a naval invasion of the Gulf of Mexico. Capturing the Panama Canal would probably be pretty crucial in any such scenario.
edit on 10-4-2011 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

All that is true, likely, and would be attempted, or on the to do list. In the fisrt post, the invasion force was described as able to give it a good try. so IMO the gulf north strategy is the best one.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
LMAO
Bring it.

In America we got at least a hundred million adults, and a gun+rifle for each of them.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Many of the posters here have pointed out that the US is being taken from within. Truely looks that way.

So the invasion of the US would be after the best attempt to coopt or own the entire US has failed. By then the US economy will be ruined, the US armed forces would be spent (launched all our missles and wore out all of our hightech), possibly all deployed over seas, and the whole point of invading america would be to clear the planet of nonconformists.

Also by then the invaders will have the next generation of high tech, whatever that might be.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

You really do not know where a lot of the military bases etc are located do you? Just wondering if you have ever looked it doesnt seam that way.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooks

Originally posted by BarmyBilly
I would probably start with taking alaska and canada too draw forces too the north then attack down the south with a main force or something like that

xactly!

canada, push all the canadians south as human shields.

what? you want to take the USA and you think the canadians would be a problem?

blitz all the way to arkansas and southern cal and georgia.

all ya got left is texas if you control the gulf of mexico.

got a funnel into mexico where air and sea power will clean up the rest.

the canadians would be long gone, around south dakota,

new hampshire and big sur, tho.

hey, good luck!

are you kidding me? canadians are a force not to be underestimated especially when it comes to defending our country. we have everything we need to pull off a long protracted war against virtually any force. good luck even making it through British Columbia to the nearest city Calgary. there would be death traps all the way through to the Rockies and even then you'd have to deal with snipers and artillery and MAN MADE AVALANCHES.
our terrain, equipment and technology but most of all our spirit, and yes, we would unite like it were a hockey game where the only choice is WIN, make it next to impossible for any force to make it through to the US, let alone Eastwards.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bkrmn
reply to post by caf1550

Of course I was kidding in my post about the "growers", but I do have to agree with you! I don't know much we in Canada could do to help, seeing as how the government has been disarming the people for many years now. Just hope you never have a gun registry like we have! It will leave you defenseless against even your own government, should something drastic take place. Goverments are afraid of their own people, which is the real reason for ordering the registration of even our hunting rifles and shotguns. Handguns you can buy almost anywhere. Sorry to stray off topic a little, bur I just want to emphasize how much more difficult it would for citizens to protect themselves or even their country, if there's a gun registry in place.

we have weapons depots obviously should the time ever come where we would collectively need firearms they would arm us, depending on which side your on, of course

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
Making sure I bring plenty of bombs since we won't be patted down or have anything looked through then I would coordinate strikes on DC and as many military bases as 15,000 people could.

15,000 people is about the size of a single brigade. You couldn't do much with a single brigade.

Although your idea to disguise yourselves as illegal Mexican immigrants is brilliant.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

If the campaign by the invaders was successful then the US would be reduced to captured supplies, herd animals and relocateable solar arrays. I state some assumptions below.

I was just pointing out that if you just establish a beach head on the Gulf of Mexico, say in Alabama or Mississippi, even if you cut straight North and divide the US in two successfully, both sides of our country will still be armed to teeth, still be able to import oil from abroad (and Texas and California alone produce a good amount of oil), and would still have plenty of other supplies. You would be cutting a swath through one of the less populated parts of the country if you cut North from the Gulf of Mexico. All our population, military and other resources are mainly amassed on the East and West coasts.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
First I would insert a mole. This politician would be a little known, but skilled speaker. My hope would be to find a minority, as then anyone who questioned him could be labled a racist. Then once elected President I would task him with chrippling the economy from within, and focus him on reducing the influence of American power. Next I would blow up an oil well, an oil well that produced domestic crude, insuring the continued dependence on Islamic oil. My mole would open boarders, dedicate and weaken the might of the US Military toward a myrid of meaningless, campains.

This accomplished, I would have Donald Trump expose my mole as a fraud, this would enable Newt to win the GOP nomination in 2012 thus insuring the destruction of America. My Somilie Pirates would then be free to invade Miami.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I would do like the muslims. Have 20 kids in each family raise em each to hate christians. And within 50 years they will outnumber the traditional 'american' and no use of force needed as they will then elect officials appropriately. And if they dont do it first the Mexicans will, cept they dont hate christians just gringo in general. No army need defeat the USA. We will defeat ourselves with open door policies and go out with a wimper not a bang.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

I was just pointing out that if you just establish a beach head on the Gulf of Mexico, say in Alabama or Mississippi, even if you cut straight North and divide the US in two successfully, both sides of our country will still be armed to teeth, still be able to import oil from abroad (and Texas and California alone produce a good amount of oil), and would still have plenty of other supplies. You would be cutting a swath through one of the less populated parts of the country if you cut North from the Gulf of Mexico. All our population, military and other resources are mainly amassed on the East and West coasts.

The invasion of the US would require one of two facts.
The US is worn out and its navy is reduced, or a new technology makes our naval vessels obsolite. By the time something is ready to invade, we wont have any foreign sources for anything.

Tanks work best on open ground. A beachhead or two in Texas could support a drive north up to Canada which is mostly open ground. We would lose the breadbasket midwest, be cut in two, and a majority of our land based oil and natural gas would be in enemy hands or under enemy attack. That would be phase one.
Phase two would be systematic sustained conquest of the remainder of the US. Anyplace that has hills and rivers is much more difficult to attack, but after our sources of food and energy are taken, it would be a matter of time(economics of the attacking forces) and will power (world politics) whether any americans were left at the end.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
An EMP attack to cut off transport, sophisticated weaponry and communications and then release hallucinogenic gas in every major city and town, i wouldn't have to waste a single bullet as all the gun-nuts go crazy with paranoia and shoot each other.

Job done.

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Can't be done. Just admit that the United States has won the game of RISK and we have taken over the planet. We win. Good Game. No rematch. Just admit that the world will be FAR better with the United States in control of everything. We are the best, and NO one can stop us. Is the rest of the world even TRYING?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

I agree. A Gulf-north landing would not be effective. But my problem with it is it's too slow. A North-South invasion of the US is not conducive to maneuver warfare. The road system in the US is built east-west and that allows for your forces to engage upon contact instead of a set-piece battle. At the same time a landing on the east coast is guaranteed suicide for any landing army. The northeast corridor is so heavily urbanized that an invading army would become bogged down in street to street fighting. The best alternative is a west coast landing where the terrain allows for the establishment of a "beachhead", good initial breakout gains and then, once you're through the Rocky Mts., some serious room to shoot, move, and communicate.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by idonotcollectstamps
Can't be done. Just admit that the United States has won the game of RISK and we have taken over the planet. We win. Good Game. No rematch. Just admit that the world will be FAR better with the United States in control of everything. We are the best, and NO one can stop us. Is the rest of the world even TRYING?

You sure about that? Last time i checked most of the world was sick of your global meddling, your economy was declining, your people are disillusioned, your government are more interested in how they can make money from you and your health insurance, hospital system is a world-wide joke, your soldiers are mainly inept and prefer technology over common sense and you are fighting on multiple fronts creating more enemies by the hour and dragging other countries into your mess. You have a huge amount of people imprisoned for crimes ranging from horrifically violent to the absurdly mediocre and yet you claim you're the BEST at everything?

Oh wait, sorry you're probably just out of school and your pledges of allegiance are still ringing in your ears.

Silly person..

-- No offence to any Americans, but one thing i cannot stand is the whole 'OMG we're the best in the world' attitude. I know you're not all as moronic, but i do like to make an example out of people sometimes.

Peace
edit on 10-4-2011 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join