It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would you invade the USA?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

How would you invade the USA?

That would depend on, first, whether the US population had been effectively disarmed. If not, I would have to go in understanding that aside from the American army, there would be a hundred million civilians to be defeated as well. A whole population that is familiar and comfortable with firearms.

Secondly, I would select a part of the nation where the population hated their country so... California is a good beachhead. Beyond that, I would sever the interstate highway system just east of the rockies and consolidate my positions north and south, from Mexico to Canada.

Finally, I would seize the Panama Canal and thus cut the fastest way for the US Navy to reinforce itself.

After all that, I would probably get Hollywood to (willingly) make some really neat propaganda films and send everyone in free America free tickets to see it.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I would order the destroy of telecommunication services first as well as satellites while doing so sending ICBM's type missiles to strategic locations and cities and invade a la call of duty modern warfare 2, where russians invaded USA.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
This is a dangerously stupid question to answer, for two reasons, but I'll give it a go.
It wouldnt take much, not nearly a force of any type, 20 men,
5 very key locations, and this nation, is in darkness, without power, sure there'd be some facilities running on generator power, but not enough to keep the population sated.

You really think we get all our electric power from 5 plants? There's an electrical station right down the road from me that generates power for my area. There are also a couple hydroelectric dams just in my immediate vicinity. I can only imagine what's outside of this 2-hour-drive radius as far as power stations.

Wait 4 or 5 days and watch the zombies start eating themselves

Maybe Manhattan, because they have to import all their food and are prone to selling out in panic times, and other densely populated urban areas. But not around here, or further South, or out West, or any rural area really. Back during the Great Depression my family used to cook dandelion greens and called it "poor man's salad," and dandelion is actually very nutritious for you and doesn't taste half bad. There's plenty to eat when SHTF for anybody with the right knowledge of wild plants and animals, which isn't really that uncommon in poor rural areas. There are still some very hardy people in the US.

You could do some damage by cutting off food supplies to cities, but like Hank Jr. says about country boys, "You can't starve us out and you can't make us run, and Good ol' Boy's raisin' up shot gun."

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
i would be fun watching george bush, cheney and rumsfield caught and arrested by a foreign occupying government and charged with war crimes.

then have their phony trial broadcast to the world and watch them cry like babies when they are lead up to the gallows to be hung.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by idonotcollectstamps

So far, the consensus is that China is the most likely threat, or at least the only nation that has the numbers to be a real challenge.

You discount China too quickly I think.

The other thing that people seem to be saying in this thread is that Mexico, or Latin Americans could also be a long-term "threat", especially when considering birth-rates.

What if you put the two together somehow?

Ever hear of Shining Path?

China, and Latin America, already have forged a closer relationship than is generally appreciated.

As long ago as 1960, Cuba began a relationship with China. Most look at events in the mid-sixties, and conclude that the apparent rift between the Soviet Union and China took it's toll on these fledgling alliances. But did they?

WHAT IF, China has been working a five-decade-old Spanish language program to infiltrate the US, via Latin America?

The old rumors that China had taken people indigenous to Asia that had very "Mexican", or "Peruvian" appearances, and created artificial villages in China, that simulated the Latin world, might not be so far-fetched.

Imagine a town, a town that very much could pass for a Mexican village. All signs are in Spanish. The people "look" Mexican. And yet, they are in fact a tribe closer to Tibetan perhaps, that would easily "pass" typical American scrutiny.

Imagine further, the children grow up only hearing Spanish! And why not? Cuban advisers are everywhere, and have helped create the perfect simulated Latin American village.

Within the village, as the children grow up, they are exposed, even indoctrinated, with a rather "Latin" version of Maoist philosophy, known as the Sendero Luminoso (Shining Path) in Latin America.

Of course, this "experiment" is multiplied dozens of times across a vast China, and very, very few have any idea that such a thing is going on.

As these children grow up, they actually think that they are "Peruvian", or "Bolivian", or Venezuelan", or "Mexican". They have no idea that they are actually CHINESE, for all intents and purposes (and allegiances!).

A long mysterious voyage on a huge ship, but thankfully, it only takes them back to a land they are already "familiar" with. They all speak Spanish! Oh where is their home town?

Other leadership cells are activated to "herd" these "Trojan Latins" to contemplate migration...to America!

Over several decades, their numbers are truly alarming. HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS now find themselves within the US borders!

Once inside the US, they find it's not hard to find "fellow" Mexicans/Peruvians/etc., who agree that "Atzlan" makes the most sense! The gringos stole the land from Mexico after all!

Their children grow up also believing that the time will come, when the gringos will be sent packing!

At some point in the future, a critical mass is achieved. Political power is mostly in the hands of Latinos in the Southwestern USA. The population is MAJORITY Latino.

Revolution? Well, don't be too surprised to find that CHINA is rather sympathetic to this emerging "nation" of Atzlan!

Split the Union? Really? Well, we shall see! But considering the latest demographic news is that Latinos are now the biggest "minority" in the US, some may come to see the writing is on the wall.

JR

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
This plan will take a few decades:

1. Take over the schools, teach more about safe sex, and tolerance of varying lifestyles as opposed to math, history, and science, essentially dumbing down an entire generation.

2. Fill the void with non stop entertainment, so that the generation will never just sit and think. Make the movie stars, athletes and singers more influential than great thinkers of the present and past.

3. Take over the media, and brainwash the citizens into thinking everything you tell them. Get them to the point that they will question there own senses when what they see on the news contradicts what they just witnessed.

4. Insert a leader that has no ties to the country, and in fact has an ax to grind with it. Through his policies, bankrupt the country, spread the military out across the world to fight wars without goals, with rules of engagement that no one understands. And while the military is being spread thin, cut the defense budget, along with new research. This is where #3 plays a crucial role. Despite the obvious that society is falling apart, convince the sheeple that everything is great, and in fact getting better. While the nation is fighting a few wars, tell the people that there is no need for an advanced military despite other nations gearing up for something big.

5. No military invasion at this point is even necessary. The nation has self destructed, and taken itself out of the world power scene. Not one bullet needs to be fired.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
AND why would anyone here who responded ' not ' think a 3rd world country was behind this thread????

they took your own sword.. and they stabbed you repeatedly.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
This is a dangerously stupid question to answer, for two reasons, but I'll give it a go.
It wouldnt take much, not nearly a force of any type, 20 men,
5 very key locations, and this nation, is in darkness, without power, sure there'd be some facilities running on generator power, but not enough to keep the population sated.
Wait 4 or 5 days and watch the zombies start eating themselves, by then you can come in and pretend youre a UN peacekeeping humanitarian mission and then just pretty much do what you want.
Do it in the hottest part of summer or the coldest part of winter to maximize the freak out embedded in the population.

You're on the right track. I guess somewhere between 100 and 1000 targets, if hit simultaneously, would ruin the US economy and cause a restart. I don't know what they would be but something like

Ammonia plants (only 50 world wide)
sulfuric acid plants
power stations
satellite ground stations
oil pipelines
bridges
the federal reserve buildings(computers)

If alqueda were for real they would have sussed them out and hit them by now.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Thank you, yeah a single brigade probably wouldn't be enough, unless it is coordinated the right way. I think it could work if it was covert enough, but that is my opinion. I guess that you could continue doing this until 40 or 50 thousand people have also crossed over the border dressed as illegal aliens. If I were the Chinese I would do this, they could get billions across but they'd have to hide their eyes, so be on the lookout for four billion Mexicans with sunglasses and sombreros on!

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

If somebody owes you money, you own them? This is something I did not know. I do know 75% of Walmart products are "made in China." Seems like any red blooded American worth his salt would be boycotting Walmart until they fill the stores up with 75% American made.

Those shelves would be pretty empty then, unless Walmart started selling cars!!!

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by steven704

I didn't know 3rd world countries could start threads either. This is why ATS is such an entertaining experience because of the stretch of the imagination it allows people. On the topic now if I were picking the best way to invade the US - first I would have to turn myself into a microbe...

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I could do it with 200 men. Simple place teams of 5 in every major port city with only short instructions. Drive the speed limit and set every thing you can on fire from shore to shore. You don't need the military to bring a country to it's knee's. Let loose one of natures deadliest forces and just keep setting them any where and every where. You can only fight a fire for so long.The more fires the more fire fighting resources it would get to the point to where every fire fighter and police officer and nation gaurdsmen and military would have to be called in for some logistical scale and then you just keep setting them no gun no ammo. Break the will first once every thing is ashes there will be nothing to fight for. Once there is nothing to fight for any country can be invaded. America is built on image every thing is image a better this and that work harder for some thing bigger. Once there is nothing better to work for every one will stop fighting. Military invasion is primitive war tactics.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Attacking and eventual invasion of the US mainland would be something I don’t think one country alone could do - even China with its large military.

Having a background in Military Intelligence and Special Operations I can assure those of you who were hesitant to post that there are red cells of people at the Pentagon and in other places that do this very exercise all the time; sort of gaming the possibilities of attacking the US using or playing the “bad guys” with their doctrine, equipment, technology and using a sort of criminal profile of known world leaders. The doctrine is fairly self explanatory it just comes from good ole intelligence work from all the disciplines IMINT, SIGINT HUMINT etc. A lot of it comes from open source materials. Technological intelligence comes mostly from SIGINT and HUMINT – intercepting traffic and having sources inside key industries and groups. The psychological profiles are done exactly like those the FBI uses to track down criminals – we have them on a lot of key players of course. There is nothing classified about these facts; everyone knows the game – we do it to them, they do it to us. We even do it to our “allies”.

I assure you there is almost nothing that we here could come up with individually or as a collective that hasn’t been at least proposed as a possible scenario for the planners. A good many are never war gamed (seen as too far-fetched or implausible) but a lot of even fringe ideas are given some thought and basic planning.

All that said; an “invasion” of the US by foreign military troops would necessarily be the tail end of a long build of economic, cyber, and media conflict for the support of the world at large as to which side was just. Any invasion will likely be at the tail end of any campaign against us.

The reasons are that the moving pieces required to invade another nation are enormous the increase in marshaling of troops, port activity and consolidation of air assets and other indicators would be picked up by one of any number of platforms making the first step to any attack to remove that capability. The removal of all our satellites would require the simultaneous and covert execution of a plan involving technology that most countries simply do not posses (other than the US) Likewise they would have to remove all our static antenna arrays used in SIGINT etc. It would have to be done almost anonymously as well as that act would likely draw a swift and terrible retaliatory strike against the presumed or implied aggressor and its allies.

Sure an EMP might work for civilian assets and the resulting chaos may indeed cripple society for a good long while – even tactical troops and their equipment might be effected but the strategic retaliatory capability would still remain; it is hardened and impervious to such an attack.

Any such first strike would have to be made in a concerted air, sea and land effort with large numbers of forward deployed human assets on the ground in America for coordination. This would have to be a one time opportunity as well; again, the indicators involved in preparation for such an act could hardly go unnoticed.

Deploying one team (or even several) is one thing as they go into isolation for weeks prior and can go unnoticed on a base mixed in with the many soldiers but the numbers required to carry off enough simultaneous attacks to devastate the eyes, ears and command and control of the US would require the equivalent of say using a whole SF Group or more along with significant movement of other personnel and equipment.

I think it would be obvious even to our own enemies if large numbers of SF types were suddenly not at their bases and going through their regular routines. HUMINT assets outside the bases would see the decrease in their everyday activity. Even the train up for such an event would be obvious.

I think the only way America will fall is to do it to herself and that may very well be happening either by design or neglect by our leadership – you make the call on that one. I have my own opinion on that.

I would predict the resultant guerilla warfare in the country by gun toting Americans. Led by retired and ex-military such as me would and could only be won by using chemical or biological means and that would cost the invaders the much required consent or at least the disinterest in the eyes of the world media.

If there were to be some nationwide natural disaster it might open the door for an invasion under the guise of foreign aid; however, I doubt the government would consent to the use of foreign troops on our soil without risking civil war in the streets.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Many different solutions here that could level the playing field - take it out but to destroy the people and leave the resources would be optimal. Disease would be best. There are ways to target disease to reach only certain specific segments of the population but I think that's already been done too.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

oh wait....they beat me to it
edit on 10-4-2011 by Ariess because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Its funny that many of the comments turn to China invading...

It just so happens there is a movie coming out the end of this year about that very thing.

The re-boot of Red Dawn is coming.. and this time it is China invading instead of Russia/Cuba.

*EDIT* Actually, after checking about the movie again since it had been a while since i did so.. they are digitally changing the flags and dialogue in the movie to change the aggressors from Chinese to North Koreans.

Seems some of the shareholders for the movie fear backlash of having the Chinese invading in the movie.. and since North Korea is an isolated country where American media companies have no dollars at stake... they feel safer with that route.

edit on 10-4-2011 by TwiTcHomatic because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-4-2011 by TwiTcHomatic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsloan
I could do it with 200 men. Simple place teams of 5 in every major port city with only short instructions. Drive the speed limit and set every thing you can on fire from shore to shore. You don't need the military to bring a country to it's knee's. Let loose one of natures deadliest forces and just keep setting them any where and every where. You can only fight a fire for so long.The more fires the more fire fighting resources it would get to the point to where every fire fighter and police officer and nation gaurdsmen and military would have to be called in for some logistical scale and then you just keep setting them no gun no ammo. Break the will first once every thing is ashes there will be nothing to fight for. Once there is nothing to fight for any country can be invaded. America is built on image every thing is image a better this and that work harder for some thing bigger. Once there is nothing better to work for every one will stop fighting. Military invasion is primitive war tactics.

Maybe

They would be on to you the first day and if you didn't cease and desist or slow way down they could shoot on sight. You would get one day.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I am an American, a Veteran and a Father with that wrtten here are my thoughts on the way to do it.
If I were in charge of , lets say, China I would have my bio weapons section develop a Bio weapon that can be introduced into the air and or water supply. It would make the targets (americans ) sick with in hours and death in less than 48 hours. This Bio weapon would have a life of 5 days max. I would then, after already positioning troops in Mexico and in cargo ships invade and keep releasing the Bio weapon into new areas of the country. (My) chinese troops would also have been inocculated for the Bio weapon. In prepping for the invasion I will have made treaties withs Mexico, All hispanic street gangs in the usa and given them the innoculation also.
I would utilize the camps that have been built by FEMA for peaceful situations(Joke) to lock up those that may be Immune to the bio weapon. Because we will need slaves in our new country which is called NEW PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF AMERICA.
btw the chinese have a very similar plan in place. Remember Hitler had a treaty with Mexico why not China???
Just sayin...

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ariess

oh wait....they beat me to it
edit on 10-4-2011 by Ariess because: (no reason given)

The formula in the video sounds like a cycle that ratchets up over and over. Every crisis that caused new legislation or precedent is one cycle.

Savings and Loan crisis of the 1980s, Gulf War 1, militias and Murrah building bombing, president impeached, Dot Com Crash, 911, Iraq War, Derivative Bailout, and now the Middle East Uprisings.

Each time the government bailed out bankers or gave itself more power.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I would let things go off in every precint, and every federal building in every state at once and the house that is white in DC. I would nuclearize every state where there are more than 3 military bases. From the ones that have less than 3 I would personally lead invasions in order to hold their weapons, fighters, and bomber. I would then send two huge large artilery linesspanning from East to West in the the directions of North to South attack moving everything in sight while becoming more and more distant to each other until both reach the North and South Coastlines. From there . Right by the artilery I would send squadrons of about 10-20,000 specially trained patrols, who'se mission would be cieze all airports and health facilities as well as all centers for research and science. Once I have these patrols scattered and I have ceized control of all airports. I would hijack all submarines and bring them close to the coasts for a defensive stance, because I would be expecting other nations to try to stop me. My only chance of surviving invasions from other nations afterwards would be by simoulteneously attacking them first by means of nukes directed towards their miliatry facilities.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join