It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time travel.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
With all the talk and threads about time travel lately, I thought i would throw this out there for all to read..

Time machines might only be available in the movies, yet many people have experienced unexplained events that seem to be temporary but very real slips into the past and the future

Coming up next would be the question we all ask ourselves...

Where and to what date would you go if you could travel through time? It's a question people have long enjoyed contemplating - the possibilities are so fraught with wonder and excitement. Would you watch the pyramids of Egypt being build? Join the spectacle of a gladiatorial battle at the Roman Coliseum? Catch a glimpse of real dinosaurs? Or would you prefer to see what the future holds for humankind? Such fantasies have fueled the success of such stories as H.G. Welles' The Time Machine, the Back to the Future movies, favorite episodes of "Star Trek" and countless science fiction novels. And although some scientists think that it might be at least theoretically possible to travel through time, no one (as far as we know) has devised a sure-fire way to make it happen. But that's not to say that people haven't reported traveling through time. There are many fascinating anecdotes from those who say they seem to have quite unexpectedly visited - if only briefly - another time and, sometimes, another place. These events, often called time slippages, seem to occur randomly and spontaneously. Those who experience these events are often bewildered and confused by what they see and hear, and afterward are at a complete loss to explain them. Here are some interesting cases that will keep you wondering:

O.k. so let's read on and see what cases will keep us wondering..hmmm..

FLIGHT INTO THE FUTURE In 1935, Air Marshal Sir Victor Goddard of the British Royal Air Force had a harrowing experience in his Hawker Hart biplane. Goddard was a Wing Commander at the time and while on a flight from Edinburgh, Scotland to his home base in Andover, England, he decided to fly over an abandoned airfield at Drem, not far from Edinburgh. The useless airfield was overgrown with foliage, the hangars were falling apart and cows grazed where planes were once parked. Goddard then continued his flight to Andover, but encountered a bizarre storm. In the high winds of the storm's strange brown-yellow clouds, he lost control of his plane, which began to spiral toward the ground. Narrowly averting a crash, Goddard found that his plane was heading back toward Drem. As he approached the old airfield, the storm suddenly vanished and Goddard's plane was now flying in brilliant sunshine. This time, as he flew over the Drem airfield, it looked completely different. The hangars looked like new. There were four airplanes on the ground: three were familiar biplanes, but painted in an unfamiliar yellow; the fourth was a monoplane, which the RAF had none of in 1935. The mechanics were dressed in blue overalls, which Goddard thought odd since all RAF mechanics dressed in brown overalls. Strange, too, that none of the mechanics seemed to notice him fly over. Leaving the area, he again encountered the storm, but managed to make his way back to Andover. It wasn't until 1939 that that the RAF began to paint their planes yellow, enlisted a monoplane of the type that Goddard saw, and the mechanics uniforms were switched to blue. Had Goddard somehow flown four years into the future, then returned to his own time?

Sounds more like a Bermuda triangle experience to me..but hey..that could be a cause of inadvertent time travel on the pilots part..

CAUGHT IN A TEMPORAL VORTEX Dr. Raul Rios Centeno, a medical doctor and an investigator of the paranormal, recounted to author Scott Corrales a story told to him by one of his patients, a 30-year-old woman, who came to him with a serious case of hemiplegia - the total paralysis of one side of her body. "I was at a campground in the vicinity of Markahuasi," she told him. Markahuasi is the famous stone forest located about 35 miles east of Lima, Peru. "I went out exploring late at night with some friends. Oddly enough, we heard the strains of music and noticed a small torch-lit stone cabin. I was able to see people dancing inside, but upon getting closer I felt a sudden sensation of cold which I paid little attention to, and I stuck my head through an open door. It was then that I saw the occupants were clad in 17th century fashion. I tried to enter the room, but one of my girlfriends pulled me out." It was at that moment that half of the woman's body became paralyzed. Was it because the woman's friend pulled her out of the stone cabin when she was half entered into it? Was half her body caught in some temporal vortex or dimensional doorway? Dr. Centeno reported that "an EEG was able to show that the left hemisphere of the brain did not show signs of normal functioning, as well as an abnormal amount of electric waves.'

This one has always been a favorite of mine..it it even had another witness to the strange disappearance..

HIGHWAY TO THE PAST In October, 1969, a man identified only as L.C. and his business associate, Charlie, were driving north from Abbeville, Louisiana toward Lafayette on Highway 167. As they were driving along the nearly empty road, they began to overtake what appeared to be an antique car traveling very slowly. The two men were impressed by the mint condition of the nearly 30-year-old car - it looked virtually new - and puzzled by its bright orange license plate on which was stamped only "1940." They figured, however, that the car had been part of some antique auto show. As they passed the slow-moving vehicle, they slowed their car to get a good look at the old model. The driver of the old car was a young woman dressed in vintage 1940s clothing, and her passenger was a small child likewise dressed. The woman seemed panicked and confused. L.C. asked if she needed help and, through her rolled up window, indicated "yes." L.C. motioned for her to pull off to the side of the road. The businessmen pulled ahead of the old car and turned onto the shoulder of the road. When they got out... the old car had vanished without a trace. There were no turnoffs or anywhere else the vehicle could have gone. Moments later, another car pulled up to the businessmen and, quite puzzled, said he had seen their car pull off to the side... and the old car simply vanish into thin air.

This next one is just plain creepy, but hey, it could have happened...

THE FUTURE ROADHOUSE One night in 1972, four coeds from Southern Utah University were driving back to their dorm in Cedar City after spending the day at a rodeo in Pioche, Nevada. It was about 10 p.m. and the girls were eager to get back to their dorm before curfew. They were traveling along Highway 56, which has a reputation for being "haunted." A while after taking a fork in the road that turned to the north, the girls were surprised to see that the black asphalt had turned into a white cement road that eventually ended abruptly at a cliff face. They turned around and tried to find their way back to the highway, but soon became concerned about the unfamiliar landscape - red canyon walls that gave way to open grain fields and pine trees, which they had never encountered before in this part of the state. Feeling completely lost, the girls felt some comfort when they approached a roadhouse or tavern. They pulled into the parking lot and one of the passengers poked her head out the window to get directions from a few "men" coming out of the building. But she screamed and ordered the driver to get out of there - fast. The girls sped off, but realized they were being chased by the men in strange, tri-wheeled, egg-shaped vehicles. Speeding again through the canyon, the girls seemed to have lost their pursuers and found their way to the familiar desert highway. The reason for the scream? The men, she said, weren't human.

All of these are really cool stories, one day soon I hope we will discover the actual truth of time travel..

Is it really possible? can mankind go back in time ? or even forward..who knows..but i would like to think that some good can come of it if it can be achieved..Please add your thoughts....peace..BM

I will end with this video..

source
edit on 8-4-2011 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Pretty cool stories. The last one had a little cheese to it. But hey. I often have thought how great it would be to be able to go back into time. And have always had questions. Like would I really like it? I mean living here now, we have computers, cell phones, high tech cars, and so on. And if "I" were to go back to a time when there wasn't any. What knowledge could I share? No one would know what I was talking about. "A phone, you can watch tv on?", "what is this e-mail..." I mean you could make it rich, but a lot of the joys I have in life today, come from the technology that is around today, and I am not so sure going backwards would be the direction I would choose. No going forward!?!?!?! Now we are talking. PLEASE just let me know what it going to happen.... But I guess, in its own way that to ruins the fun of life.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Let me be the first to bring up the speculation that some of the UIFOs and Aliens that are supposedly spotted are actually humans [Or what we've turned into through Genetic manipulation gone wrong] Returning to Earth from our future to retrieve viable DNA to repair the damage we will do to ourselves [Which we are just starting to do presently with DNA mapping/cloning and manipulation etc]

I love this topic....

S & F

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

hehehe..yea..I think i know what you mean..

if things keep going the way they are going..

time travel will be the only thing to save us..

plus it always makes me wonder..

about all the people who thought they read that someone had died..

only to find out that they are still alive..

Maybe someone came back and fixed it ....who knows..

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Good stories.These words come to mind ,Hypoxia ,Alcohol,Acid ,Mushrooms,Peyote etc.
All the best work comes from enlightenment

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
You do realize the past only exists in our memories and the future is just our imagination?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
And then we have this guy...a good story here..but really odd..

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
you can't go back to something that already happened. once it happens it doesn't exist anymore. time has nothing to do with actions.

in theory it may be possible. but theories aren't reality. and whatever michio kaku says is 90% based on gibberish and the other 10% on science fiction.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

interesting video.
Watching it now

What would one do if they could time travel?

edit on 8-4-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Observer1969
You do realize the past only exists in our memories and the future is just our imagination?

You also do realize that you need some form of documented - preferably peer review - accounts or article to solidify your statement. Better yet, read up more on time travel, you will find reputable scientist that are concidering this a posibility and some are in its infancy stage on experimenting.

This is exciting but can this really happen? US researchers believe they are one step closer to creating time travel. Researchers from the Vanderbilt University said that they believe they could use the Large Hadron Collider to send types of matter called the Higgs matter into the past.

Source

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by awakenone

I'm doing a search..

there was a great thread about 3 years ago on the topic that had some links regarding that.
brb

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Ah its from Mr. Michio Kaku ... great, the biggest liar in scientific history and i don't know how anybody in his right mind could even listen to him ...

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Perhaps there is a way of creating a kind of stabilised room, and so long as it remains unchanged for a significant period of time, it can be used as a doorway to access any point in its history of existence. I would imagine that elementary time-travel would be what we call the "astral realm" and would be more like a series of shadows in time, where there is only a loose binding to events in the past. To create a more concrete binding to events from the past, an incredibly accurate machine would need to exist that can literally connect two different timespaces together, and compensate for any ongoing changes that affect the alignments.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

here's a cool link you should go read..

Time travel might be happening even as we speak/type..

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observer1969

What, then, does that say about the present?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Time is an illusion causatively generated by a mindset that can only contemplate 3 dimensions.
The past, present and future, along with every possible variation occurs simultaneously and can be expressed as now. It will always be now. You can never experience anything that is not now. Wow.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by awakenone

I will make you a deal. If you can hand me an inch I will give you a minute. And I will admit to time travel.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
here is an awesome thread from my very talented friend..

a lot more on time travel in her thread...

very nice thread indeed!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I think time travel is simply impossible and coincides with the light barrier problem. If you somehow went faster then light, you would bend so far away from everything travelling in time with you, that you would go back wards, and cause a paradox... this illogic causes the light speed barrier. It is true that your own processes can be sped up or slowed down, so you might experience more or less than someone... but never will you actually screw up causation.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I'm just going to first point out that i am really do not believe in time travel personally for one reason and one reason only.

Think about this if time travel were possible (Into the past) It would mean either mean that there are parallel universe like ours exactly identical. Or it would mean that there would have INFINITE amount of time travelers visiting us at every moment in time on Earth because; Time Travelling back to the past infers that infinitely through time; in the future there will be INFINITE time travelers visiting infinite amount of places (As well as Earth).

That is all i have to say Time travel i personally believe is impossible into the past. Time travel into the future however is quite possible in a sense per se. As well known already when travelling near the speed of light you will live much longer and when you return to earth in 100 years or so everyone you know would probably have passed away. So in a Sense that is traveling into the future beyond normal human means.

I guess you could argue semantics its just my view on the matter. Peace
IMO time traveling into the past is impossible Theoretically and if you think about what i brought forward it doesn't make sense that it would be possible. BECAUSE Infinite time travelers would be visiting us all the time.
edit on 17-4-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join