It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military will be paid.... 1/2!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LastStand

I'm sure they'll (congress and the rest of the bloodsuckers)won't be hurting during the shutdown

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
My heart goes out to you guys, what is the general consensus among lower tier servicemen and women about this? Everyone out here in the civilian world around me is extremely upset about it, some of our boys are still over there in foreign countries and they are going to start paying their families half! No!

If they had did this to me while I was in I don't know what I would have done, sending letter after letter to my Rep. (who conveniently still gets his fat paycheck for sitting on his fat # all day)

Oh man, these idiots have to go.

I hope you don't mind if I link this to facebook and tell everyone.
edit on 8-4-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by gallopinghordes

If "any" soldier does it, they will be considered AWOL, but what if "most" of the soldiers do it? What if most of them do it, and then in their communities the population comes to their protection and refuses to let them be punished for it?

Besides, the guys enforcing the AWOL charges are also not getting paid, and the courts that would hear the trial are not in session.

I know it is a pipe dream, but I would love to see it happen.

Mutiny is punishable by death ART. 94. MUTINY OR SEDITION

Any person subject to this chapter who--

(1) with intent to usurp or override lawful military authority, refuses, in concert with any other person, to obey orders or otherwise do his duty or creates any violence or disturbance is guilty of mutiny;

(2) with intent to cause the overthrow or destruction of lawful civil authority, creates, in concert with any other person, revolt, violence, or disturbance against that authority is guilty of sedition;

(3) fails to do his utmost to prevent and suppress a mutiny or sedition being committed in his presence, or fails to take all reasonable means to inform his superior commissioned officer or commanding officer of a mutiny or sedition which he knows or has reason to believe is taking place, is guilty of a failure to suppress or report a mutiny or sedition.

(b) A person who is found guilty of attempted mutiny, mutiny, sedition, or failure to suppress or report a mutiny or sedition shall be punished by death or such other punishment as a court-martial may direct.

For a service member to even talk about it is considered mutiny.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I also just read that families of soldiers killed in the line of duty will NOT receive death benefits until some time after this "game" is played out and Congress comes to a consensus on a budget.

What about Veteran's benefits?
What about tax returns?
Financial aid to students?
Social Security checks?

Congress argues like little children without repercussion, while those living in the real world are affected. Simply disgusting.

edit on 8-4-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift
Maybe the revolution will be started by bitter, under/no paid military personnel - wonder if they thought this one through..?

star 4 u
I was thinking the same thing.

They always have a job with the Revolution.
Come on home boys and girls,
time to clean house, washing
windows, mopping floors, taking
out the TRASH, etc ......

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
In other words, it's ok for the gov't to default on their side of the contract but the minute we, as service members, even mention some type of action...we get our balls nailed to the wall.

Our so called gov't is NOT untouchable and needs to be held accountable for their irresponsibility. They work for us...we put them in their plush, cushy offices.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I assume you voted for Ron Paul or Chuck Baldwin or some other 3rd Party Candidate for Prez?

If not - this is what you get.

If you did - the you have every right to be FURIOUS!

I can guarantee the majority of people affected pay wise by this shutdown did vote for one of the two criminal party lapdogs.

Maybe this will remind them to not do so again?

To paraphrase Thomas Jefferson - "DON'T TRUST THE GOVERNMENT!"

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
I also just read that families of soldiers killed in the line of duty will NOT receive death benefits until some time after this "game" is played out and Congress comes to a consensus on a budget.

You would be correct...no death benefits will be payed during a shut down

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

OMFG this is one of the worst threads I have ever seen, this just makes me sick to my stomach!

I am so sorry for you and for others as you mention in the Op. All I can do is to forward this thread and get the info out there, this seems like a bad episode of the Twilight Zone.

I am personally shocked.

What happens if they stop all of your pay checks? Honestly your real opinion?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Let some well-intentioned volunteers come back in and set up a new one.

that is actually already underway.
But by the most evil bunch of
criminals on the planet.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

George Soros is in meetings all weekend to
transition from a US Republic to a NWO.
This will effectively kill the US Constitution
and the US Dollar.

The shutdown is staged for the destruction
of America.

Your and everybody else's future is being
planned and you are not invited to attend
and you cannot vote on it either.
Welcome to the NWO.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

And they can choose to let themselves get paid while this happens, too.

Politicians, gotta love 'em.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Furthermore i think they need to freeze every single bank account and holding of each person in Political power. Hold them meritoriously responsible and at the same level as those they are destroying if this continues, think of the credit being ruined, the snow ball effect could be astounding for families and those who have worked their asses off to make a decent life in today's screwed up economy.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I know a lot of military personnel without a reserve fund. If the shutdown lasts more than a week or two, how bad will it be for you folks? Are we talking evictions and car repossessions? Could this be the last straw for the economy? Is there any special considerations for military personnel when it comes to eviction notices and such?

It would be for my wife (8 years on the job) and (11 years). If we can't make the house and car payments, we, along with the 3 and 11 year old are out on the street.

I love how we give our service to this country- and we get shafted this way in return. Already fired off emails to my congressmen and senators asking if they'll kick into my mortgage account, since after all, THEY'RE still getting paid....

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Yes, everyone disperse this information as widely as you can. It's already all over the news, but people need to wake up, stand up, and start raising hell. Our service men and women depend on us civilians to have their back.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Welcome to the NWO.

"Me and everybody else" that is close to me have an entirely different and effective way of "voting." We choose to live civilly and with the best regards for our fellow man, but it is important for the TPTB to remember that it is a choice. They might have forgotten, and they might be under the false impression that they wield some special power over us, but that is not the truth.

We continue to live civilly, and we hope and pray that never changes, but kindness should never be mistaken for weakness.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Will do, but honestly, will they take this lying down? I mean "They" must be saying something to keep the GIs calm and the families from flipping out, but there is NO EXCUSE for this, not for a single day.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Oh dear Lord

It was only a matter of time before someone interjected this rubbish in here.

We are talking real world issues here, there is no need to put your end of the USA, NWO Illuminati crap in here. The shut down is happening because a bunch of children in congress can't agree on a budget. Republicans say it is the Democrats fault...Democrats say it is the Republicans fault; They are no better then kids in a school yard arguing.

Asinin

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Let some well-intentioned volunteers come back in and set up a new one.

that is actually already underway.
But by the most evil bunch of
criminals on the planet.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

George Soros is in meetings all weekend to
transition from a US Republic to a NWO.
This will effectively kill the US Constitution
and the US Dollar.

The shutdown is staged for the destruction
of America.

Welcome to the NWO.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

after this meeting in Bretton Woods by Soros.
All military will continue getting paid but NOT
by the US. They will be paid by a World entity bank.
The service members now become soldiers in
the world army loyal to the United Nations
control. If they do not want to follow through
with that plan by Soros, then they're only option
is AWOL and join the revolution getting underway
in the states.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
They can't court marshal everyone.... Just saying.....

You figure if every troop layed down his arms and refused to fight... they would have to do something... I mean if the whole military is AWOL then... wtf are they going to do about it?

Not promoting it... just saying that it's not an impossible scenario.

They probably won't but I cannot begin to imagine how pissed off the Troops must be right now... Furious I'm sure... I wonder what the Military has said to them already to "Calm them Down" if there is such a thing at this point.
edit on 8-4-2011 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acid_Burn2009
Oh dear Lord

It was only a matter of time before someone interjected this rubbish in here.

We are talking real world issues here, there is no need to put your end of the USA, NWO Illuminati crap in here. The shut down is happening because a bunch of children in congress can't agree on a budget. Republicans say it is the Democrats fault...Democrats say it is the Republicans fault; They are no better then kids in a school yard arguing.

Asinin

and just WHO do you think those
Repubs and Dems actually work for ???
TPTB

The budget crisis is staged as a distraction
for implementing the NWO. If you and others can't
see this, then you are naive.

ALL US Military Personnel will very shortly
be working for the UN and get paid by them
as well.

new topics

top topics