It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question to anyone that Resides in Israel or supports Israel Blindly on faith

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

so your support is of Fear of Radical Muslims and that they might over run the west and turn everything upside down

so your views are Half religious basically and out of fear.

now we are getting somewhere with your views

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

Why should we not worry about Jihadists trying to destroy the Western world and Israel with it? Would YOU live under Shari'a Law?

I wouldn't, and I would fight to the last breath to prevent it.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

Why should we not worry about Jihadists trying to destroy the Western world and Israel with it? Would YOU live under Shari'a Law?

I wouldn't, and I would fight to the last breath to prevent it.

I wont go into the Sharia law argument, considering there are already Jewish and Sharia courts in england dealing with personal disputes on a minor level.
and the whole they will take over the west

lets just say i don't Jump up when someone wants to stir something up because a few are shouting

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

That's how it starts.

NO NATION should allow TWO justice systems based on anything. Only nationally established jurisprudence should function.

I don't care what it is. All that serves to create is a separate culture that eventually grows to cause tension in the rest of the country. There's a reason Merkel and Cameron came out against multiculturalism in Europe.

And we're seeing the results today.

Oh, and as a side note:

Poll: 90% of ME Views Jews Unfavorably-Turkish Weekly
edit on 8-4-2011 by projectvxn because: Clarity

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Agreed two justice systems don't work
as long as they are stay on the minor level and aren't on the levels which go into crime, rape and other acts let them,

Marriage and civil disputes are nothing and frankly save loads of money in the long Run when it comes to clotting up the courts

now come on must you post a Poll to show me Jews aren't liked in the middle east by most the population?
Gaza, west bank

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I don't know if anyone has really answered the question. Posting video's from youtube really doesn't answer anything.

Israel is there because of their holy book, they have kicked people out of their houses because their holy book says its ok.

The question was, why aren't they considered religious extremists? Why do you support these religious extremists and not the other religious extremists?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

The Torah does not support, nor do any reasonable people, kicking people out of their homes. I think the settlement issue is a screwed situation and such a thing should be stopped.

But I support the right of Israel to defend herself any time she is attacked.

I answered the question as far as I could. I gave the reasons I felt made he most sense to me.

I do NOT support extremism of any flavor.
edit on 8-4-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Of course the Torah does not. People's interpretation of it does though. Is this not extremism? You don't consider the "Settlers" extremists? Why are only the people who fight back against these "settlements" (such a nice word by the way) considered religious extremists?.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Don't put words in my posts.

I don't support the settlements...Did you NOT read that part?
I'm of the opinion that settlement expansion is a roadbloack to peace in the region.

What IS ALSO a roadblock to peace is the pervasive Jihadist ideology found in Islam. Something that MUST change.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I did not put words into your posts. If you would read my post more clearly. I'm wondering if you consider the settlers that keep expanding the boarders, religious extremists. Simple question really.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

So Palestines existence isn't threatened when Israel launches airstrikes on Gaza and builds more settlements illegaly? Irans existence isn't threatened when Israel calls for strikes against them? You talk about this anti-Israel "propoganda" but you fail to realise that what you claim is also propoganda. Being surrounded by Muslims does not permit you to violate international law and opress those whose land you illegaly occupy.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

Rockets come over the border, jets go in to take care of the problem.

I don't feel bad about that. Never will.

As far as the settlement issue, see my posts on page three.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I respect your opinion. It's important to have a diverse range of political opinions to represent both sides of the story. I do agree that Hamas is only hurting Palestine when they commit assualts against Israelis, however I do believe that Palestine has been pushed into such desperation that many have ressorted to terrorism as it is the only way their voices can be heard. They are not using terrorism to kill inoccent people becuase of hatred but rather they are using terrorism as a means to meet a political agenda or have their voice heard in the face of the international community.

Israel however is being just as stubborn if no more so than Hamas. I believe that if Israel redefined its borders in accordance to international law(which means a complete withdrawal from terriotory occupied in the 1967 Arab-Israel conflict) and if Israel gave the rigt of return to refugee's then we would be able to see peace in our lifetime. In return Palestine must give Israel a right to peacefully exist and refrain from terrorist activity. Believe me when I say Palestinians don't blindly support Hamas. They support them as they have offered a glimer of hope and resistence. Many now see them as a burden to Palestine and if Israel followed international law(which it refueses), stopped building illegal settlements and began realy offered some concesions then we could see peace.

In regards to your comments on the rocket attacks commited by Hamas, this is a comment I posted on a previous tread. In the 7 years prior to the recent assualt on Palestine, Hamas rockets killed 24 Israelis. That means more Israelis died of penut butter allergies than of Hamas rocket strikes. In the first 4 minutes of Israels assualt on Gaza they killed 300 Palestinian civillians. That is more than 10 times the amount of Israelis Hamas killed in 7 years. During the whole assualt they killed 1400 civillians and destroyed 20 out of the 26 hospitals Gaza has. After all this they claimed that Hamas was using human shields and hiding in the basements of hospitals. However there has been no proof that this was the case.

From a militaristic standpoint. Israel could wipe out any other Middle Eastern military with ease. Their soveriengty is safe, especially with the blind support they recieve from the U.S.
edit on 8-4-2011 by SpeachM1litant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

why did he serve? main reasons

I think he was at a point in his life where he said to himself "now what" and he decided that serving the country that player a role in his family's continuance was something that he wanted to do. (now he serves in the U.S army). He had always had an admiration for the military so i guess it was a logical choice for him to go there, the only question was, which one, and for what cause.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I lived in Israel for a short time for work, I gave no loyalty to anyone over there. Regardless of what people believe, there are people on both side who want nothing more than peace. Some want peace but only if the other side leaves. Some do not want peace. It's a bad situation and people are dying, we could spend 100 years debating over who is right or who is wrong or who belongs there and who doesn't, but that will not solve the problem. The fact of the matter is to many people try to prove which side is more wrong. Regardless of who should posses the land, killing innocent people whether jew or muslim is wrong.
The only ones who can solve this issue is the people of that land, and they need to learn to get along.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

You said a lot, but refused to mention why Zionists have so many enemies, here is a long post to explain the start of this messed up conflict, and why it won't end, the common denominator is Zionists:

"The problem began when Jews who were treated like animals by European migrated to Palestine (there was no Israel). Palestinians (the aborigines), welcomed the Jews with open arms (as refugees). Once WWII ended the Jews should have went back to their birth place, instead the Zionist claimed the whole of Palestine was their GOD given country, and encouraged Jews from all across the world to migrate to Palestine. The aborigines of Palestine refused to accept more migration, and wanted the refugees to go back to their own countries, where there was no more prosecution.

Britain accepted that migration of Jews to Palestine should be ended (Britain had a mandate over Palestine). The Zionist turned on Britain, and used terrorism to bring Britain in to submission (the King Davit Hotel Bombing).

That is the beginning of the problem, then the problem evolved as Arabs tried to forcefully take out the Zionists and immigrant Jews from Palestine (not the aborigine Jews). That failed due to US and Western support for Zionists (European support was mainly due to guilt). Then the occupation of more lands, now the occupation, colonization and the continuous expansion of colonization is the problem, which is all implemented by Zionists, and if they stop, the conflict could end easily."

Many times Israel has been asked to end the occupation and to stop its expansion of colonization. It refuses to do so, and US continually protects it from any punishment due to its continuous violation of International Laws. If you look at US VETO record, you will notice a common name "Israel".

It is sad that US is the biggest part of the problem, and yet acts like it wants to find a solution.

How can you find a solution when you give your kid a jar of candies for doing something wrong. For example when US asked the Zionists to freeze its illegal activities, if they do, they would receive billions of dollars worth of war toys.

Think about this logic, no rational human being would accept such a logic. I wish they would give me money and guns for my illegal activities, but they won't, and for rightful reasons. They won't give a thief money to stop stealing, it is as simple as that, you don't give a rapist money or guns to stop raping."

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

You want to know why people support Israel? Easy, just ask yourself why do you support Palestine?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eliad

You want to know why people support Israel? Easy, just ask yourself why do you support Palestine?

Reason, they are the people that have been displaced
made refugees in their own country, the future state being shrinking as Israel expands its boarders

now why do you

since you didnt answer the question

edit on 9-4-2011 by illusive man because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

I give loyalty to Israel because it is God's land. Israel will not and cannot be taken. If it could have been destroyed it would have so ages ago. Just because Israel is aided by the US doesn't mean that its surrounding enemies don't have the capacity to destroy her. You and everyone else will see that Israel will still be standing and until His return will the war begin.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Well, I was born in Israel, so I thought you didn't want my answer..

I support both.
I support Israel because I believe people did what they thought was right at the time (the immigration of 1850-1930),
I support Israel because the pivotal event that brought us to this situation is the Arab nations all attacking at once, and then the armistice that they signed over the backs of the (non defined at the time) Palestinians,
I support Israel because I've served in the army and I know the measure of respect it has for human life (yes, inspite of what you might read- I've been there, I know),
I support Israel because I've seen the consequences of terror, and I can understand some of the measures taken to prevent it.

I support Palestine because it has a right to exist,
I support Palestine because I believe they should govern themselves, and live independently,
I support Palestine because Israel doesn't need any of those lands, Palestine, on the other hand, does need them very much.
I support Palestine because I can understand how the loss of loved ones can drive you to doing horrible things, and that most of them might be brainwashed to one extent or the other, but ultimately we're all just people, and we all need peace.

But in the end supporting Israel, and supporting Palestine, it all boils down to this- Unless you've actually been here your opinion is pretty much dictated by what and who you read, what and who you listen to, and the general opinion of the people you surround yourself with.
People think reading one person's opinions about a situation is enough to form an opinion... Most of these people know absolutely nothing..

With respect,
Eliad.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join