It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I believe Creation is factually accurate – The Reality!

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

well since you are subject, prove to me you are typing, who is God what does He say and where is your witness?

1) Why am I "subject"? That doesn't make any sense...
2) I don't know what you mean when you ask about "your witness" and "who is god" given that there's ZERO objective evidence for his/her/its existence. For me, he/she/it is a fictional character in a mostly fictional book...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
*Ahem*

To those who are using Bible quotes:

Why should we take the Bible as an accurate representation of the physical world? Where is the evidence verifying that its claims about the physical world are true?

I've asked the same question over and over again. Hell, I even posted links that show exactly how the bible isn't accurate or right when assessing reality, and I've also stated numerous times that that's the reason it's "only" proof of what people BELIEVED to be true 2,000 years ago (based on their limited knowledge)...and NOT proof of how reality really is.

The average response I get is some random bible quote, or the usual "you'll be sorry eventually...what if you're wrong?" remark

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

It isn't lack of reading comprehension it is you presenting things that are not relevent to the discussion (except in your mind). I'm sure I have off topic posts still doesn't change the fact that your just preaching.

Not wanting to be rude but the way you write does make things difficult to understand, for example:

so as for comments getting more and more specific has to do with what had been directed towards me bearing witness to that fact

You may be right I totally lack the comprehension of what I read there but, in my defense, I would say that I am not the only one.
edit on 10-5-2011 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by Rustami

well since you are subject, prove to me you are typing, who is God what does He say and where is your witness?

2) I don't know what you mean when you ask about "your witness" and "who is god" given that there's ZERO objective evidence for his/her/its existence. For me, he/she/it is a fictional character in a mostly fictional book...

we are all subjects whether you like, believe, want it or not!

No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. biblegateway.com

but since you cannot prove to me your existence we should'nt "fictionally" communicate any longer-since you don't exist other than by words typed and is your only proof to be taken on faith by whomsoever though you did'nt come or admit to that conclusion as just one kind of witness!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

yes I have a slight problem with fluently writing in english and may be relative to my artistic abilities (dunno really but has always been there) and freely admit to anyone but what does that have to do with understanding? the point comes across well enough (if a child can comprehende -why not you?), has never affected my professional career in communication (granted more so by spoken words and relationship) in any way so ????.. plus what is viewed as preaching in the negative to you, is men/women/families blood sweat and tears throughout history to get these to us to me

Reading comprehension is defined as the level of understanding of a writing.

Writing is the representation of language in a textual medium through the use of a set of signs or symbols (known as a writing system).It is distinguished from illustration, such as cave drawing and painting, and non-symbolic preservation of language via non-textual media, such as magnetic tape audio.

lets see if I can break this down for ya

just one of your accusations was me being off topic so I say-
"all things are relative to the Creator of creation [thread subject] and are framed by The Word, so as for comments [in direct response to comments made towards me] getting more and more specific [other than general God made earth/no he did'nt] has to do with what had been directed towards me bearing witness to that fact [of comments directed at me-that largely lead to a more specific Word/Creation accounting]

savvy?
edit on 10-5-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

we are all subjects whether you like, believe, want it or not!

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is called PREACHING

No objective evidence to support that claim whatsoever...but who cares about facts, right?

but since you cannot prove to me your existence we should'nt "fictionally" communicate any longer-since you don't exist other than by words typed and is your only proof to be taken on faith by whomsoever though you did'nt come or admit to that conclusion as just one kind of witness!

Your sentences are way too short, you should go at least 6 lines. It's way to easy to understand what you mean if you keep them only 3 lines long

Seriously though, the mere fact that I'm actually bothering to respond to you should be proof of my existence. Are you saying we're all just a figure of your imagination just because we ask for objective evidence?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

What does writing have to do with understanding? If the writing is not clear then the comprehension or understanding of what is written will not be clear.

It has been my experience that many times when people don't understand they just nod and say they understand out of politeness. I'm sure you speak of simpler things with children so getting the point across may be easier.

Nothing wrong with preaching but not in a forum where the members are asked to back up their claims with facts or at least a good logical argument. Again, to some of us involved in this discussion the bible does not fulfill these requirements.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

I can prove my existence to you, though not beyond absolute doubt. I can prove it to a reasonable standard though. Unfortunately, your creation myth doesn't even hold up to being found to have a single true statement.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
reply to post by Rustami

What does writing have to do with understanding? If the writing is not clear then the comprehension or understanding of what is written will not be clear.

It has been my experience that many times when people don't understand they just nod and say they understand out of politeness. I'm sure you speak of simpler things with children so getting the point across may be easier.

actually my career was in distribution and territory mgmt within top 22 ranking company in the world controlling (generally) the top 5 volume accounts -all adults (well sorta
) with a full spectrum of personalities

Nothing wrong with preaching but not in a forum where the members are asked to back up their claims with facts or at least a good logical argument. Again, to some of us involved in this discussion the bible does not fulfill these requirements.

oh gee thanks? ppppffft.. backed up with very real legitimate testimony which matches the scriptures verbatum in the most influential book known to modern man and all history!.. you just choose to make up excuses and it is for a reason embarassingly even acknowledging you cannot comprehende what a child can- what a "wise guy!"-what else you got that is not predictable in a forum about the Creator that you deny with failed strategy and "logic"?

Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it.”

Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious

biblegateway.com

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

backed up with very real legitimate testimony which matches the scriptures verbatum in the most profound book known to modern man!

Yeah, and I'm sure all those innocent people sitting in jail because of false testimony also think subjective evidence is awesome

There's a reason science only cares about objective evidence...and it's a good reason!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

Whatever it is that you do or did to make a living is irrelevent to the way you have been writing in this thread. The children part referred to you saying even children could understand you. I'm sure you don't interact with children the same way you did with your co-workers.

As to the preaching, I'm just pointing out that it isn't seen as proof so your wasting your time. I think it is you who either doesn't understand this simple fact or you choose to ignore it.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

reply to post by Rustami

backed up with very real legitimate testimony which matches the scriptures verbatum in the most profound book known to modern man!

Yeah, and I'm sure all those innocent people sitting in jail because of false testimony also think subjective evidence is awesome

There's a reason science only cares about objective evidence...and it's a good reason!

yep false testimony is one thing, the truth is another...tell me how has that worked out considering the apostles John, Jesus, Apostles, Christians etc. thus far?

In her was found the blood of prophets and of the saints, and of all who have been killed on the earth

Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme: But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation. Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloak for their sin.

He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
www.biblegateway.com...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Rustami

Your sentences are way too short, you should go at least 6 lines. It's way to easy to understand what you mean if you keep them only 3 lines long

Seriously though, the mere fact that I'm actually bothering to respond to you should be proof of my existence. Are you saying we're all just a figure of your imagination just because we ask for objective evidence?

yeah.. now your getting somewhere, so who wrote the scriptures?

and the dead in Christ shall rise first

Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven

And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.
We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.www.biblegateway.com...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

reply to post by Rustami

Whatever it is that you do or did to make a living is irrelevent to the way you have been writing in this thread. The children part referred to you saying even children could understand you. I'm sure you don't interact with children the same way you did with your co-workers.

As to the preaching, I'm just pointing out that it isn't seen as proof so your wasting your time. I think it is you who either doesn't understand this simple fact or you choose to ignore it.

it's not when confronting childish word games, strategies and/or ideals in the guise of supposed "men" and "logic" as if in the end it will mean diddly.. again you forget-the issue of just you and the like has already been addressed

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

reply to post by Rustami

I can prove my existence to you, though not beyond absolute doubt. I can prove it to a reasonable standard though. Unfortunately, your creation myth doesn't even hold up to being found to have a single true statement.

one of the more ignorant statements I've ever come across from you
and you attend some college in Malta right?

Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?

even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord biblegateway.com

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

So...you're saying that my statement is ignorant...and then you're quoting the Bible at me....

I'm sorry, but why should I accept the Bible as true? Where is the evidence to support its claims?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rustami
it's not when confronting childish word games, strategies and/or ideals in the guise of supposed "men" and "logic" as if in the end it will mean diddly.. again you forget-the issue of just you and the like has already been addressed

Let's see, "it's not" refers to the relevence of your job. Whatever point it is that you think you made doesn't change the fact that you have difficulty in writing. You even admit it so how can this not be an issue in a written medium?

The "issue of just you" I think means that I am the only one who has trouble understanding you? Well Mr XYZ wrote:

2) I don't know what you mean when you ask about "your witness" and "who is god" given that there's ZERO objective evidence for his/her/its existence.

Maybe it isn't just me.

So all that aside, your bible quotes are still not objective proof. Also, the topic of the thread isn't the creator but science backing up the bible. Even if someone believes in a creator (other than yours) they can still argue that the bible isn't proven by science as the OP proposed.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

reply to post by Rustami

So...you're saying that my statement is ignorant...and then you're quoting the Bible at me....

I'm sorry, but why should I accept the Bible as true? Where is the evidence to support its claims?

your saying the bible-scriptures/my testimony/apostles/christians/God/Jesus/John/Abraham/Paul etc. etc. is ignorant than writing letters combined to make words that mean and sound like something...

I'm sorry but why should I accept a mortal who does not control his birth or death nor making one hair white or black as opposed to a real living invisible eternal being as witnessed by many as being raised from the dead, throughout the ages and is recorded in the scriptures as such- which match verbatum to what I've seen and heard before knowing any?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

So all that aside, your bible quotes are still not objective proof. Also, the topic of the thread isn't the creator but science backing up the bible. Even if someone believes in a creator (other than yours) they can still argue that the bible isn't proven by science as the OP proposed.

oh yes I'm afraid they are, you just cannot admit to it-does'nt change a thing...my very first comment was addressing that and again one type of comment leads to another and ends up showing what the true issue at the heart of the matter is -hence "strategies" and the reasons having to address such comments made by you and the like and continue
I can do this all day long but gotta run for now, I'll be back to address if needed

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

I don't think we are using the same definition for "objective proof". Objective proof doesn't need me to admit anything. It stands on its own, independent of what anyone might think or believe. Your bible quotes don't. They require faith because they speak of things that can't be proven only believed.

Now if some of us don't believe them and they are in fact true then I would think that the time will come when we shall stand corrected. Until that time you repeating them over and over isn't proof of anything other than what your beliefs are. We understand that part. You going on about it is just preaching.
edit on 10-5-2011 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join