It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I believe Creation is factually accurate – The Reality!

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone
reply to post by Rustami

I give more credit to replies that aren't just quotes from some highly biased website, think for yourself man, you might like it !

have you ever heard an invisible audible voice sitting beside as you began to open a Gideon NT say "I am Jesus, I died for your sins, believe in Me and you will never perish"?,-which was associated to an abortion that had taken place

Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

for by his death all died

And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:
And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever.
www,biblegateway.com

ever seen an angel/cherub? bright like lightning, eyes, wings and all?

the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it. His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow

And the cherubims spread out their wings on high, and covered with their wings over the mercy seat, with their faces one to another; even to the mercy seatward were the faces of the cherubims.

did you self teach yourself english letters and how to combine them in order to make sense and sounds?
or is it "ethics""christian nation" but the scriptures (words recorded by other men moved by God in history) mean nothing, are you?

edit on 5-5-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caleb.K
reply to post by Hopeforeveryone

Science and Christianity go hand in hand. Evolution is not scientific, it speculative and has no real evidence. What is your evidence? The fossil record? The human genome? Mutations?

The fossil record... unproven, you can't even find the ever elusive missing link. Often evolutionists claim they don't need the fossil record to prove evolution.

The human genome, so complex that it proves to me that there is an intelligent designer. Sure all life has similar building blocks, thats why theres life. The differences may be small but they are specific and are not the act of random mutations.

Mutations are destructive, they always end in an inferior product. We have no evidence of mutations leading to a new species, even in bacteria where thousands of generations multiply. Bacteria changes into different strains, but they are still bacteria.

Evolutionists have as much faith in their religion as people who believe in Intelligent Design.

edit on 5-5-2011 by Caleb.K because: spelling

I find this to be an interesting topic. Humans pretty much destroyed mother nature's balance on this planet. How evolution could have created something like us who have the power to change and influence the planet in these horrible ways boggles my mind a bit.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by Faith2011

You're misquoting Jesus. The "This generation" part is clearly something referring to those people he is talking to, there is nothing in the Greek that indicates he is referring to anything other than those people he is addressing at that moment.

God's Word Is 100% True! God Is The Creator And He Is In Total Control!!!

Context-Last Days... Last Generation!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
A cell in my body might look up and say, "You mean to tell me that a divine silicone universe exists that is made of energy, ones and zeros? You mean to tell me that these ones and zeros produce an infinite amount of unimaginable realities? NOT POSSIBLE! I am a cell and I know better. That's not possible because I am the greatest thing that exists. Just look at what I do and how I function. Nothing exists except me and 50 trillion other cells in this one and only universe. Nothing can possibly exist past the great dermis. How foolish! Our universe is simply too vast for such a fantasy."

Yet, here you are--a bio-mechanical consciousness, engineered at a nano scale of design, possessing a quantum computer for a brain. God is much more than you imagine. Open wide and dig deep.

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone
Are you guys seriously saying that we just suddenly just popped into existance at a wave of god's magic wand ? If you really believe that then i've got a piece of the true and holy cross - yours for 50k !

edit on 5-5-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: frikkin keyboard - honest !

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faith2011

You're misquoting Jesus. The "This generation" part is clearly something referring to those people he is talking to, there is nothing in the Greek that indicates he is referring to anything other than those people he is addressing at that moment.

Last Generation Context...God Is In Total Control... "End Times" part 2 video

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Right on brother. The fig tree is Israel. I recently stumbled on to another aspect of this fig tree story. I was reading about the fig wasp and how the fig tree is pollinated. I wrote an article on the topic and how I think it relates to Jesus cursing the fig tree. LINK You might find it interesting.

edit on 5-5-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caleb.K
Science and Christianity go hand in hand.

I'm not sure I'd say they go hand in hand, but science and religion don't have to be mutually exclusive.

Evolution is not scientific, it speculative and has no real evidence. What is your evidence? The fossil record? The human genome? Mutations?

No real evidence? I think researchers who have spent their time studying it over the last 150 years or so would tend to disagree that there's "no real evidence".

The fossil record... unproven, you can't even find the ever elusive missing link. Often evolutionists claim they don't need the fossil record to prove evolution.

What, specifically, is unproven about the fossil record? As far as the concept of "the missing link" goes, it's a fallacy. It assumes a linear model for evolution that doesn't exist. If you want to talk about transitional species then, simply put, all fossils are those of transitional species. And the old "evolutionists" chestnut pops up again. Do you call people who are proponents of the theory of gravity "gravitationists", or people who are proponents of circuit theory "circuitists"? The theory of evolution has as much evidence supporting it as any other scientific theory, yet it gets singled out for special ridicule by religious bigots. Further, supporters of the theory of evolution who claim that the theory would still stand only on genetic evidence are correct.

The human genome, so complex that it proves to me that there is an intelligent designer. Sure all life has similar building blocks, thats why theres life. The differences may be small but they are specific and are not the act of random mutations.

An argument from personal incredulity that, because you think it's too complex, there must be a designer is hardly a scientific argument at all. You're making an assertion without providing direct evidence of a designer. Hardly a scientific argument. As for your other two statements... not sure where you're going or where you're coming from with either one. What are considering the "building blocks" that all life has in common, and why is the existence of life predicated on there only being a few of them? And what differences are you referring to as being "small but... specific"? Genetic differences or morphological differences or something else entirely?

Mutations are destructive, they always end in an inferior product. We have no evidence of mutations leading to a new species, even in bacteria where thousands of generations multiply. Bacteria changes into different strains, but they are still bacteria.

Are you asserting that there's no such thing as a beneficial mutation? Are you sure you understand what constitutes a species? And are you asserting that we haven't observed evolutionary changes where a species diversifies to the point that the resulting species can no longer produce viable offspring (or any offspring at all, in some cases) with the original species? And I'm not sure why you're using the term "strain" while discussing speciation, unless you don't understand that, by definition, a "strain" is a lower taxonomic classification than species i.e. two strains of the same type of organism are, by definition, the same species?

It seems like you're trying to bring up the division between micro and macroevolution, which are now understood to be the same process on two different scales by everyone except creationists, without actually using either of the terms.

Evolutionists have as much faith in their religion as people who believe in Intelligent Design.

It's not faith if it's backed by evidence. To date, there is no positive evidence for intelligent design (aka creationism 2.0), only attempts, failed ones at that, to poke holes in the theory of evolution and try to play off a false dichotomy.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd
[LARGE QUOTE SNIP]

Yes, Very interesting!

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

edit on 6-5-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Genesis 1 (Light) John 1 (Word/Wave) Light is a duality of particle and wave. All particles have an associated wave. In the beginning (TIME) God created the heavens (SPACE) and the earth (Matter).

Hebrews 11:3

3 By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pedyboy
An interesting thread, but have you taken into consideration how many things religion has been wrong about? I also notice you use references from the bible to show it is also like the information we get from science which shows even you acknowledge just how powerful science is.

sure it's not the other way around? -Jesus Christ is not a religion in the stereotypical sense

The Scientific 100:
A Ranking of the Most Influential Scientists, Past and Present
www.adherents.com

The King James version of the Bible is only a book. What can a book do in history? Well, whatever the reason, books have played a large part in the movements of men, SPECIALLY OF MODERN MAN. www.bible-researcher.com

SIMPLY PUT, THE BIBLE IS THE MOST influential book ever written. jyte.com

His body also was like the beryl, and his face as the appearance of lightning, and his eyes as lamps of fire, and his arms and his feet like in colour to polished brass, and the voice of his words like the voice of a multitude. www.biblegateway.com

Brass is a metal composed primarily of copper and zinc. Copper is the main component, and brass is usually classified as a copper alloy. The color of brass www.madehow.com

Brass contacts are hidden inside all electrical fittings

and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire. and they sparkled like the colour of burnished brass..and like the appearance of lamps..the fire was bright, and out of the fire went forth lightning..appearance of the wheels and their work was like unto the colour of a beryl: and they four had one likeness: and their appearance and their work was as it were a wheel in the middle of a wheel..they turned not when they went.. their rings were full of eyes round about them..for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels..And I saw as the colour of amber, as the appearance of fire round about within it..it had brightness round about. As the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud in the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness round about. www.biblegateway.com

inventions by country www.eupedia.com...

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him biblegateway.com

For the Son of Man will come like the lightning which flashes across the whole sky from the east to the west.

And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth. biblegateway.com

edit on 6-5-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Caleb.K

I'm sorry, but we have enough "missing link" fossils to start a skeletal circus at this point. Links between birds and dinosaurs, fish and tetrapods, human and ape, snake and limbed lizard.

Which missing link don't we have?

As for this quote:

I'm sorry, but how is a gene duplication destructive? How is an insertion destructive? Hell, where is your scientific backing for these statements? Please, provide me with a single genetics paper that actually claims that all mutations are destructive.

OH we also have plenty of speciation events recorded.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

So you're not going to bother actually responding to what I said. I'm not even attacking the validity of the Bible there, I'm merely saying that you're writing your own meaning into the text. There is absolutely nothing with in the context of the Greek written in the passage you gave that indicates that the 'generation' referred to is anything other than that of the people he is talking to.

Note that I didn't say "Jesus was wrong"...I said "You are misquoting Jesus"

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Yeah, the inconsistent fig tee story...where the deity in question in one version apparently didn't have the knowledge that it wasn't fig season...even though he's supposedly omniscient.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

The Bible sure is the most influential book in history...that people haven't read. It's also the best selling book in history (for now, the Qu'ran will probably overtake it eventually) that people haven't read.

The Bible is a book devoid of historical knowledge, contradictory within itself, and scientifically illiterate to the greatest degree.

I mean, a flat, circular Earth with stars as fixed to a dome above it and the Sun and Moon going about within that dome? I'm sorry, but how is this a book that (I think this is what you're implying) predicts hard drives?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Why I believe biblical creation is factually inaccurate.

er, because its complete bollocks

I only got this far into the OP

Thus I’m fully convinced beyond any reasonable doubt that life, nature and the universe are products of an intelligent all powerful and loving Creator.

and I can see how you would think the creator would be all powerful- creating a universe wouldn't be an easy feat! but how do you figure creator is loving? bible god doesn't come across like that to me, lol

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopeforeveryone

No, no, i don't believe that fossils were put there to trick us by the devil. They are there because hundreds of thousands/millions of years ago dinosaurs roamed earth. They also did a damn good job of fertilising the entire earth. But you see, dinosaurs were put there by god, it was an intelligent move, it served a purpose. The fossil record unfortunately can't prove that we descended from dinosaurs. The fossil record is there, but it doesn't prove your theory.

So i suppose the debates over? Because you give up, because i'm supposedly stubborn/ not intelligent because i don't follow a theory that doesn't make any sense nor have any proof. hmmm

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Caleb.K

Straw man!

Nobody is claiming that humans evolved from dinosaurs, so of course the fossil record not supporting that doesn't really matter.

Of course, you're just really ignorant. I doubt you've bothered to actually research any of the science behind evolution and get all of your information from explicitly anti-evolution sources.

...I, on the other hand, actually have bothered reading creationist literature. Repeatedly. It's incredibly frustrating, but I actually take the time to look at the positions of anyone who disagrees with me.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
This is the mistake that can be made if you are only looking at the surface and the waves. You miss the ocean of meaning. Every step that Jesus took in this world was a parable. Everything He said was in the form of a parable. There are no exceptions to this. It was all meaning. Life and reality is the story that God tells in a fourth dimensional format. This story reveals His attitudes toward owning consciousness. Instead of simply telling us the story, we have the chance to live as a character in the story. We are here to witness the story and learn one lesson: Love God and learn to love our neighbor. If we learn this lesson, there is no need for the law. Can you live in this reality without walking contrary to God's law? NO. This is the point we take form life. If we were capable of living according to the law, we would be automatons; we would be remote controlled vehicles obeying the laws by our settings. God's design for consciousness includes free will. This is why you should not bash a Christian for being a hypocrite. We are all hypocrites by degree.

We are here to learn the management of free will so we can live autonomously. This is the definition of what it means to be sentient. When we are finally free from a reality that is geared toward a fallen nature, we will draw on this knowledge to live in God's perfected kingdom. This is training and education. We must be freed to produce fruit on our own. The fig wasp is not needed after the gardener propagates the parthenocarpic fig tree. The work that God has done, as reflected in the Bible, represents this process of developing a tree that bears its own fruit. Exactly what must be done to develop artificial consciousness that can think on its own.

Yeah, the inconsistent fig tee story...where the deity in question in one version apparently didn't have the knowledge that it wasn't fig season...even though he's supposedly omniscient.

edit on 6-5-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I'm sorry...but you're stating things without argumentation and you're doing so authoritatively. Until you support your claims with evidence, I'll just ignore them without evidence.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd
Right on brother. The fig tree is Israel. I recently stumbled on to another aspect of this fig tree story. I was reading about the fig wasp and how the fig tree is pollinated. I wrote an article on the topic and how I think it relates to Jesus cursing the fig tree. LINK You might find it interesting.

Thanks for the link, That was interesting... (Yes, I believe all these details connect)

"This Generation" And... (The fulness of the Gentiles be come in) I believe this is very soon - 2011 - 2012

As we are seeing Prophecy Unfold... Creator / God Almighty is in Control.

Thanks Stephen

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join