It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jerusalem's 'new Wailing Wall' causes tensions in the Old City

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Jerusalem's 'new Wailing Wall' causes tensions in the Old City

www.france24.com

The small courtyard lies less than 100m from the Wailing Wall, one of Judaism's most sacred places; but its proximity to the Al Aqsa mosque, the third holiest site in Islam, makes the site sensitive to both religions.

The move threatens to inflame tensions at one of the world's most contested religious sites.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Most of the story is in a 7-minute video that I can't embed.

The main issue is that a new wall, allegedly a section of the famed Western Wall, or Wailing Wall in Jerusalem has been opened up allowing Jewish settlers to pray there. The section has been considered Muslim for the past seven centuries with no written text showing it is either part of the Western Wall or that it has ever belonged to Jewish settlers.

From the video - this is upsetting the fragile status quo of the highly religious area. One man was arrested for using a Jewish ceremonial horn at the new wall, which is embedded directly under Palestinian and Muslim homes.

www.france24.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

I say we just drop a bunch of nukes on the area and turn the desert into glass. These bickering idiots are going to get us all killed if we don't put an end to this nonsense. It is not jelousy but religious fanaticism that mocks the flesh upon which it feeds.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I am not too familiar with Judaism, so someone knowledgeable please fill me in on this question.

If Jews are to follow the Mosaic Laws, and the first of the 10 commandments is "Thou shalt have no other God's before me.", then why the hell are they praying to a Wall?

Can anyone answer this?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Because it is all thats left of their once beautiful temple.
It is their religion, let em pray where they will.
Funny the book of revs tells of measuring the temple, but leave out the porch and it just turns out the temple could fit near to domw of the rock, if they built it without the porch.
It really would be an inspiration to see the new temple and dome of the rock there side by side.
What better sugn that both religions are one of peace?
Instead theyll fight to the last jew and muslim, the last bullet and grenade to keep the status quo....which everyone knows will only lead to ww3

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

They are not praying TO a wall. The wailing wall is a holy site, like a church or synagogue or mosque. Its just a place they pray to God, not the Wall.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

Then why do they need a new wall in order to prey if they are not praying to a wall? Couldn't they put a brick in their house and pray to that?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Funny the book of revs tells of measuring the temple, but leave out the porch and it just turns out the temple could fit near to domw of the rock, if they built it without the porch.
It really would be an inspiration to see the new temple and dome of the rock there side by side.
Instead theyll fight to the last jew and muslim, the last bullet and grenade to keep the status quo....which everyone knows will only lead to ww3

There will never be peace between two factions of Man who both believe THEY are the chosen faction. The mere allegation that one is chosen insinuates that all others are subservient. Does that sound peaceful? Will you submit to anyone simply because they claim to be chosen by God?

Does a religion that values a building, wall, or book over human life sound Godly?

This is what we as a human race will suffer greatly for. Perhaps the Buddhists will save us.

Originally posted by kennylee
They are not praying TO a wall. The wailing wall is a holy site, like a church or synagogue or mosque. Its just a place they pray to God, not the Wall.

Thank you both for your answers. I still do not understand. I cannot see how a wall can be held so sacred, nor a building such as a Mosque or Cathedral, as to risk igniting a conflict over.

With Love,

Your Brother

edit on 7-4-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
That would be funny as hell if someone pissed on it, I bet the jews would spazz out. Be alot like the guy burning the koran and making the afghani's spazz. I see videos of them kissing the wall while they cry out and rock back and forth. Looks like it would be pretty easy to walk up to it and whip it out lol. Bet they would mob you though still pretty funny to think about.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I don't care to be involved in this thread much - just happened to see the article and felt it was newsworthy.

I do have one point to make though...

Imagine what you consider sacred, and what you consider "right". Other people feel just as strongly about their choices. I hope we can keep this thread reasonably respectful of others' sacred choices.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein
I don't care to be involved in this thread much - just happened to see the article and felt it was newsworthy.

Imagine what you consider sacred, and what you consider "right". Other people feel just as strongly about their choices. I hope we can keep this thread reasonably respectful of others' sacred choices.

I consider many things to be sacred my friend. The morning sunrise, the moonlight on a calm lake, the wind in the trees, the variety of animals we share this planet with, all these things given to Man I hold sacred, most especially my family of Man.

What is not sacred is the things Man makes. They are incredibly temporary and often throw off our sights from the true divine.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling

I might be wrong but doesn't the construction of the third temple result in an apocolypse?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
This is not a new wall, and what is known as the “western wall” is just a small portion of the temple wall.

Visit the following web site, click on the different numbers on the map to the right to see the parts that are hidden underground.

english.thekotel.org...

Still, no one mentioned King Solomon's stables on temple mount, that in recent years, muslims completely destroyed to make a mosque and almost all the archeological findings from the first Jewish temple were destroyed. Luckily, some were found in a dumpster nearby. It was a deliberate attempt to destroy and hide any remaining Jewish connection from that period to that most holy place for the Jewish people.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
It's good to remember the past.
Its better still to let the past go.
No other way are you ever going to be able continue your journey into the future and for certain the future will not wait for you.
edit on 4/8/2011 by dethduck because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

I consider many things to be sacred my friend. The morning sunrise, the moonlight on a calm lake, the wind in the trees, the variety of animals we share this planet with, all these things given to Man I hold sacred, most especially my family of Man.

What is not sacred is the things Man makes. They are incredibly temporary and often throw off our sights from the true divine.

With Love,

Your Brother

While appreciate your calm kind demeanor and respectfulness in general, I don't feel all things created by man are not sacred. The internet for example - the fact that international communication can be had at an instant, the works of all known and respected beliefs, philosophers, etc are available - thus possibly increasing the speed at which I am able to know myself.
For example, let's say I meditate for an hour and have a unique experience.. rather than spending the next few weeks thinking about I can look up what Jesus or Muhammad or Buddha or Socrates or most anyone says about it - I can contemplate it from multiple perspectives in minutes - allowing me to reach something more sacred.

I don't hold some wall somewhere sacred, but I respect that others may value it in a sacred manner, and that is sacred in itself because of the feelings it brings to their life.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread686203/pg1#pid11030496]post by Thermo Klein[/ur

Many on earth including the middle east consider the facebook wall a monument of religous expression. Imagine if that wall fell!!! No facebook, no ats, no internet. What would we all do then??? Cheers

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

i couldnt agree more. when theres no wall or mosque to argue about anymore...the world would be a better place...

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I don't hold some wall somewhere sacred, but I respect that others may value it in a sacred manner, and that is sacred in itself because of the feelings it brings to their life.

I entirely respect your views my friend. All I can say is watch the world very carefully.

The true barbaric nature of man is about to come undone like never before in history over these false idols we call sacred. Israel will massacre the last of the Palestinians, the Arab world will unite, revenge will be unleashed on an unprecedented scale. Once Israel has been reduced to cinders, the west will retaliate against the Muslim world which will be backed by Russia and China who will seize the weakened North American continent by the throat. North Korea will have it's day to seize the South when it's ally falls.

All that is holding everything back is the death of a King.

Then again, maybe I am wrong. I hope I am wrong.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

The death of a King?

Could you please share a little more about that. What religion or prophecy is it from?

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

The death of a King?

Could you please share a little more about that. What religion or prophecy is it from?

Thanks.

It's not from a prophecy or religion my friend. It simply an observation of the world chess board and the military, religious, and political forces which are moving the pieces. The King would be the King of Saudi Arabia.

With Love,

Your Brother

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join