It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis located off the west cost of Ireland!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I thought Atlantis was a mobile civilization, capable of moving where it wanted, e.g., a civilization on a flying saucer.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
A great find but there's one other thing.

Last month they believe to have found Atlantis near the coast of Spain. They went by plato's directions.
They also have found several "mystery" cities which supposedly are something big.
They are digging as we speak. National Geographic started a new show because of this called "Finding Atlantis'.

Did you guys miss this? It was pretty big news in The Netherlands..

I did a quick find to get a link:

thewatchers.adorraeli.com...

Edit: I must add i also read they weren't 100% sure because they also found something else which could be Atlantis too. But these "mystery" cities led them to believe it's the one they found now.
Like the legends, they found a huge city build in rings. They believe the smaller "mystery" cities are memorial cities made to honor Atlantis.
edit on 8/4/2011 by SecretsUnfold because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

GhostLancer, did you happen to read this post and also this post?

If so, what is your view in regard to the there-quoted information?

edit on 8-4-2011 by Tamahu because: edited text

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Fascinating stuff never heard of this before but it did remind me of something this is a link of the 'Irish Giant' which was seen briefly in northern England and London around the beginning of the twentieth century.

Wherever this fossilised guy came from hes 12ft tall and properly mummified, perhaps another link the Egypt.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
This is not a new theory. An Irish man called Ignatius Donnelly wrote a book in 1883 called Ragnarok: The Age of Fire and Gravel. Where he hypothesized, that there once was an advanced civilization that lived off the coast of Ireland. That fell victim to a cataclysmic event.

You can get the book for free in ebook format.
edit on 8-4-2011 by mtok7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-4-2011 by mtok7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by shagreen heart

Awesome I was looking for that, so I could post that. Glad you saw the same connection I did
Star for you

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Very interesting post. My theory is that in the span of millions of years there have been multiple human civilizations that lived, advanced and disappeared one way or another. The earth's crust continues to shake and shift, lifting and sinking islands as well as entire continents. Sometimes it happens fast, sometimes it happens gradually.

Atlantis might be a description of a civilization who fell victim to these natural processes, but due to the fact that there could have been dozens of human civilizations such as the Atlanteans, we continue to find underwater cities and land features we'd expect to find above water level on multiple continents around the world. Atlantis may not be the only advanced civilization which existed on this planet. For all we know some civilizations became so advanced, that when the earth presented them with natural disasters and destroyed their cities, they had already planned their escape either to other parts of the earth, or somewhere on a distant planet. It's possible that all these "visitors" who we presume come from space could be visiting their ancestral lands. I've come to believe that it is foolish to assume that our current human civilization is the first here on earth. It is a continuous cycle of new beginnings and ends.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
up the irish

edit on Fri Apr 8 2011 by Jbird because: Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I'm not seeing a lot of Plato's descriptors matching this place... What about the capital being midway along the continent's longest side? What about the size of it (i.e. he described a large continent of many kingdoms, not a smaller island). Also, Plato doesn't talk about advanced tech, that's all later authors.

South America is still my bet, (with the idea of it sinking into the sea being a confusion between the city of the same name as the continent). (i.e. the CITY sank, not the continent).

Still though, enjoyed reading your presentation.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
AMAZING!!!!!! The binary code from rendalsham gives coordinates to that area, and talks about a sunken island, in the same area. and how it was the key to the evolution of the human race!! when that came out a couple months ago I wondered what those coordinates would lead to, and you have figured it out...Great job SnF...I think you are on to something. Plato learned of the story of Atlantis from the egyptians, and the whole egyptian pharoah dna having irish blood line is even more proof!

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I thoroughly believe that Atlantis was real and the primary reason for its cover-up, is due to the fact that it would expose the fact the rulers of the world (and I mean senior, senior management) are just roaming about destroying our civilisations. They infiltrate Atlantis (and maybe Mu and Lemuria): destroy it (probabaly using the flood-machine that's mentioned in Mesopotamian 'myth' or maybe one of the high-tech weapons as described in Hindu 'myth'); their rulers set up civilisations in Mesopotamia, Egypt and South America etc. using all the knowledge and technology they've kept from their previous 'conquests' and then once they've set up a new advanced civilisation, they can invade lesser nations and destroy their records of the lost civilisation's existance.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Robert Reynolds

*snip*

Only two things that make any sense could of happened to Atlantis

1: it was destroyed by a volcano like the island near Crete certainly was or

2: after the last ice age sea levels rose 600 feet I've heard - so anything under more than 600 feet of water is unlikely to be the right place.

btw the fact that Disney chose the name Milos as the main charecheter for there atlantis movie clearly points to the fact the cia told walt where it is - duh
edit on Fri Apr 8 2011 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by righteyered
reply to post by LUXUS

The eutimes is a hoax website run by a white supremacist. So until you provide real proof, there is no DNA link between the Irish and Egyptian kings.

Sorry, they did not break the story, they covered it along with many others. Go search the net and you will find the origin which was DNA information revealed during an investigation into a sample of dna taken from bone marrow.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Ok, nobody noticing my comment about how it was probably found already at the coast of spain?
Like always, waste of time posting here. Last time.

Peace

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The end of Atlantis - THE TABLETS OF THOTH, Tablet 1.

In obedience to the law,
the word of the Master grew into flower.
Downward into the darkness turned the
thoughts of the Atlanteans,
Until at last in this wrath arose from his AGWANTI,
the Dweller, (this word has no English equivalent;
it means a state of detachment)
speaking The Word, calling the power.

Deep in Earth's heart, the sons of Amenti heard,
and hearing, directing the changing of the flower of fire
that burns eternally, changing and shifting, using the LOGOS,
until that great fire changed its direction.

Over the world then broke the great waters,
drowning and sinking,
changing Earth's balance
until only the Temple of Light was left
standing on the great mountain on UNDAL
still rising out of the water;
some there were who were living,
saved from the rush of the fountains.

Called to me then the Master, saying:
Gather ye together my people.
Take them by the arts ye have learned of far across the waters,
until ye reach the land of the hairy barbarians,
dwelling in caves of the desert.
Follow there the plan that yet know of.

Gathered I then my people and
entered the great ship of the Master.
Upward we rose into the morning.
Dark beneath us lay the Temple.
Suddenly over it rose the waters.
Vanished from Earth,
until the time appointed,
was the great Temple.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
There is a similarity indeed

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3cc65262eb08.jpg[/atsimg]

and i though it was located near the Florida south coast... the bermuda triangle north point

guess i was wrong lol

edit on 4/8/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Seems really cool but then again many people claim they have found Atlantis in several other parts of the world.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretsUnfold

Haha.. settle down friend. I'm sure everybody read it/noticed it, and it's just another thing to take into account. This is a thread about the theory that it's off the coast of Ireland. If you want people to respond to your theory, start a thread about how it's been found off the coast of Spain. Or post about it on facebook if all you're looking for is the instant gratification of people 'like'ing it

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMajestic
Fascinating stuff never heard of this before but it did remind me of something this is a link of the 'Irish Giant' which was seen briefly in northern England and London around the beginning of the twentieth century.

AVG virus warning when I attempted to open this link to a picture. Beware!

Wherever this fossilised guy came from hes 12ft tall and properly mummified, perhaps another link the Egypt.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join