It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: The Ten Principles of a Free Society

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

About as deranged as the man hanging off the side of a cliff grasping at tufts of grass he knows cannot keep him from falling...that's what Ron Paul is to us, don't you get it? Except this tuft of grass might actually keep us from going all the way over the edge.

Yes, some of us get excited - because here we see someone fighting for what we believe is the soul of our nation - but give us anyone else with the same message and consistency, and you'll see it's the message, not the man.

Be well.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

edit on 4/7/2011 by whatukno because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Sounds like what SNL did to Palin to me.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
Mods should create a new type of notice called "destructive posts" for all posts that just provoke pure raw anger and fights. That would be cool.

Make 'em pay the Troll Toll!

But seriously, Paul's ideas of what liberty should be are amazing. I don't really even like the guy, but what he stands for is what I like. Hell, I wish he looked and talked like Obama. I wish he didn't stammer, and I wish he wasn't so old.

There's no hero worship going on here. Though, every popular politician does have dedicated sheep fans, and Paul's probably not an exception, but Obama probably exceeds him 100-fold in that aspect.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Do you not realise that the reason we support and follow Ron Paul "like a cult", is precisely because we agree with him.

But tell me. What do you support? Who do you follow? No one but yourself? That's not enough. You won't change a thing about the system if you only support yourself. The only way to change this system is to create a movement. As of now, Ron Paul seems to be that movement.

Again I tell you. 100% clean track record. No corruption can be laid on this guy. 50 years in the same marriage. Sure no one is perfect. But what matters is what he stands for. Can you say the same for every other politician?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The saddest thing of all is that somebody has to present these like some great stone tablet off the mount.

It's basically just the golden rule.

Why is it so hard?

And then people come and attack it as radical or the foundation of a dictatorship.

Is it any wonder I want complete secession?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Okay, all, I do like some of what the good doctor has said, but I cannot support him. He has complained about corporate and banking sectors having too much pull, yet preaches a laissez faire economic policy that would dissolve what little restraints remain. How can losing minimum wage requirements and safety regulations be good for the average worker? Again, the man at the top wins. Just imagine, your pay goes down to $4 an hour your hours increase and vacation dissolves, you get a choice take it or leave it. Unfortunately, the businesses are all in collusion and decide to only pay the same rate since there are no laws against it now. I think he and his son are gaining this momentum just like Obama did a few years ago when people were restless with the direction the country was going. You have to seemingly throw a bone to all groups or the facade of republic falls away, and the plutocracy is left in full view and even with all their money, they're outnumbered when the pitchforks and torches come out.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

George Orwell answered that question way better than I ever could --

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
edit on 4/7/11 by BlackOps719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

all leaders at the start of what ever there the leaders of start out as cult leaders , but until enough people follow or accept the ideas then it becomes more than the little cult. those cults become something like the USA or (pick any) religions. or the NRA or freemason or pick any group that has ideas .

the extreme that you see in this " cult" or group of ideas that this person has is not an extreme it is not evil or insane.its not very far off of the founding fathers of the U.S.A. ideas .

Cults are like a dirty word to most but without cults there would'nt be alot of ideas common today and yes there also would'nt be bad ideas also.

cults are really just a group of people with ideas that others dont like so they try to make them evil and call them a cult.

if you dont like there ideas detabe the ideas. just dont call them cult leaders or cult followers and place that dirty word on them because you cant rebute there ideas with well thought out better ideas.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
reply to post by jimmyx

OH. MY. FLYING. SPAGHETTI. MONSTER ! ! Did I just read that! Those principles a dictatorship? Then what do you call what we have now? Righteousness?

well under ron paul decrees:

no minimum wage...corporations and the wealthy will pay just enough to get people to work for them. 1 dollar an hour? 2 dollars an hour? if someone is starving, they will work for any amount.

if a wealthy person buys up all the property around your property, he can say that you cannot cross over his private property to get to your property, and the government cannot grant access rights

if your 85 year old mother has alzheimers and cannot function, you have to quit your 2 dollar an hour job and take care of her. i guess you both don't eat.

if your landlord doesn't like you or you make him angry, he can immediately throw you out on the street.

if a corporation makes a deadly product, they do not have to tell anybody, nor can the government say anything or do anythiing. government can't interfere with private capital

all mental patients and disabled will have to depend on wealthy people to voluntarily donate money so they can live or they will have to recieve donated money from that 2 dollar an hour worker.

employers will be able to work people 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, with no time off. and that includes children...remember government cannot interfere with private capital.

these are just a few...but i could go on.
edit on 7-4-2011 by jimmyx because: correction of spelling

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Does this seem like every other 30 year politician?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
This may sound crazy but I believe that Ron Paul has a real chance for the republican nomination . His time has come.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

You are deluded. I am sorry you are completely detached from reality. The crowd at his own party laughs him down for his radical views. He has repeatedly taken flack from all sides for both foreign policy and monetary issues. He is a politician, and after meeting the man I can attest that he is different from every other politician I have ever met.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Thirty years of service to our nation.

Never once voting for a tax increase against the American worker.

Never once voting yes for a Congressional pay increase.

Never flip flopping on issues of importance, even in the face of severe scorn and ridicule.

What you see with this man is something entirely unique to the modern political spectrum, a man who cannot be bought and paid for. He has honor, integrity and the courage to stand up against the criminals.

Dr Paul has been warning us all for a decade now about the huge economic catastrophe that was awaiting this nation, and everyone laughed or ignored him and went on spending like it was black friday at Kmart.

Now look who is laughing.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Do you have a link to prove all those claims?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join