It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: The Ten Principles of a Free Society

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I would have put this in U.S. Political Sanity if there was such a section

But I'm posting this because I think it's a very good breakdown of liberty.
This is from the Appendix in Ron's upcoming book being released in a week and a half- Liberty Defined

Here we go:

1. Rights belong to individuals, not groups; they derive from our nature and can neither be granted nor taken away by government.

2. All peaceful, voluntary economic and social associations are permitted; consent is the basis of the social and economic order.

3. Justly acquired property is privately owned by individuals and voluntary groups, and this ownership cannot be arbitrarily voided by governments.

4. Government may not redistribute private wealth or grant special privileges to any individual or group.

5. Individuals are responsible for their own actions; government cannot and should not protect us from ourselves.

6. Government may not claim the monopoly over a people's money and government's must never engage in official counterfeiting, even in the name of macroeconomic stability.

7. Aggressive wars, even when called preventative, and even when they pertain only to trade relations, are forbidden.

8. Jury nullification, that is, the right of jurors to judge the law as well as the facts, is a right of the people and the courtroom norm.

9. All forms of involuntary servitude are prohibited, not only slavery but also conscription, forced association, and forced welfare distribution.

10. Government must obey the law that it expects other people to obey and thereby must never use force to mold behavior, manipulate social outcomes, manage the economy, or tell other countries how to behave.

www.lewrockwell.com...

He touches on many points that are in current events at the moment.
Imagine if the country followed this, what kind of society would we be living in right now, how much better off would not only Americans but the entire world be in.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Go Ron Paul. I think he officially has my vote if he runs. I hope he lives up to his promise unlike our current sock-puppet-n-chief.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Do you dislike Ron Paul just because others like him? I seem to notice you on lots of Ron Paul threads knocking him. You never really provide any argument against him, or a reason why you so dislike him. I am curious if it is merely misguided partisanship of some kind, or just negativity.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Dang! I just posted the same thing and was apparently working on it when yours actually hit.

Can anyone here tell me how to kill my thread?

Nice post, BTW - thanks!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

If you really think he's best write him in.

Not voting for who you honestly think is best is one of the major reasons we ended up in this "lesser evil" mess.

None of my votes have ever won an election but at least I know I voted for who I thought was best rather than settling for a lesser evil. Settling is like admitting defeat. Dont throw your vote away. Vote like you mean it.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
And the Ron Paul Cult continues.

Worship the holy Paul

Even though his ideas don't actually reflect reality, worship the Paul! The holy Paul is always right, listen to the holy Paul!

Can we get away from these TEXANS? please?

And the empty Ron Paul hate continues with nothing but insults but ZERO arguments

Everytime someone says something like this they never give an intelligent argument why they are spewing senseless discontent with the person and not his views.

Oh you are discontent with his views, well since you provided zero arguments I will continue saying it's the person and not his views.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Yea... And I can't believe that despite of what you just read in the OP (if you've read it...) you still spit out hateful remarks about this. Even calling us a cult for believing in liberty and good will.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Nice contribution. Instead of talking down on Ron Paul and his supporters, why dont you instead argue the points made in the O.P.?

BTW, I changed up what you wrote a little bit...I'm gonna use it in any Obama / Democrat / Liberal thread. Even if it brings nothing to the discussion.

And the Liberal Cult continues.

Worship the holy Pelosi

Even though his ideas don't actually reflect reality, worship the Obama! The holy Liberal is always right, listen to the holy left!

Can we get away from these KENYEN'S? please?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

what a bunch of crap...we wouldn't even have an america if we followed those ten principles. that is a dictatorship to me...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

edit on 4/7/2011 by whatukno because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I saw a useful thread started by someone with information and an opinion on that information, yet no hero worship.

Then I saw an empty post of opinion that adds nothing to the discussion other than snarkiness. Do you have anything useful to add here, perhaps any opinions on the points presented or examples of this worship you mention shown in the thread?

I think there's a good rule of thumb that applies - if you don't have anything nice (or useful, I'll add - for fairness) to say, don't say anything at all.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

what a bunch of crap...we wouldn't even have an america if we followed those ten principles. that is a dictatorship to me...

What exactly is so difficult to understand about the government obeying the laws of the constitution and minding its own damn business?

What is it, that you have lived under an out of control, oppressive government so long that you cant even tell the difference?

Sad.
edit on 4/7/11 by BlackOps719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

OH. MY. FLYING. SPAGHETTI. MONSTER ! ! Did I just read that! Those principles a dictatorship? Then what do you call what we have now? Righteousness?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

reply to post by stephinrazin

Yea I have something against Cult leaders. Just ask the people who followed Jim Jones how following a cult leader turned out.

That's what Ron Paul is, a Cult Leader, if he told you all to drink poisoned Kool Aid you all would probably be so happy to do so because your Cult Leader told you to.
edit on 4/7/2011 by whatukno because: (no reason given)

You rattle on about cult leaders and such, yet you warmly lick the boots of the great messiah Obama like he is Jesus incarnate and can do no wrong.

You are the worst flavor of brainwashed liberal hypocrite and your routine is tired and old.

the only people that call Obama a messiah are the republicans. lets see...tell a lie, assign it to someone else, then dispute it...sounds like FOX NEWS to me.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Mods should create a new type of notice called "destructive posts" for all posts that just provoke pure raw anger and fights. That would be cool.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

You all are exhibiting cult derangement syndrome, please snap out of it. This guy isn't anything more than just another politician who has been in office for thirty years, he is no better than the rest of them.

He's amassed a cult and you all are becoming his pawns.

OK so lets get real here. You want to talk about a Jim Jones style cult filled with mindless, drooling, brainwashed followers?

I think you may need to look in your own back yard before calling anyone else out

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join