It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Scorching Summer anounced by Israel after Gaza attack

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Here is a facebook page containing Palestinian reactions starting 2 hours ago.

www.facebook.com...

One ironic comment said

UN can get its "own" people out, & the palestinians are left to find there way themselves.

I guess they were reacting to this.

Israel have just announced that "Operation Scorching Summer" will resume tonight. The UN have evacuted all their staff, and 1.5 million people are preparing for another massacre.

David Grouchy

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Here is a blog on it.

gazatimes.blogspot.com...

The death toll appears to be 6,
with 25 injured.

I find nothing else.

David Grouchy

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

Just another interesting site detailing all of the facebook, twitter feeds and Israel channel 2 announcements--supposedly. I could not find links directly to this Israeli channel 2. Just this page.

occupiedpalestine.wordpress.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Israel killed 2 palestinians

www.presstv.ir...

So far, Israel has stopped rockets from being fired into Israel.

So, it seems like Israel has the superior military, obviously, as no foreign aid goes to Gaza from the U.S. So, why not actually POLICE Gaza rather than bombing them? Did the two Palestinians they killed have anything to do with the rocket attacks? Where's the proof?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Here is a Yahoo news article.

US condemns attack on southern Israel

"We condemn the attack on innocent civilians in southern Israel in the strongest possible terms as well as ongoing rocket fire from Gaza," State Department spokesman Mark Toner told reporters.

"We are particularly concerned about reports that indicate the use of an advanced anti-tank weapon in an attack against civilians," he said.

There is a picture of the bus.

David Grouchy

edit on 7-4-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Jesse Ventura is streaming live on Aljazeera right now

english.aljazeera.net...

David Grouchy

edit: sorry, he just named Howard Hunt in the Kennedy Assasination. Not on topic.
edit on 7-4-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
1.5 million gazans, in a 2 mile strip. Vs 100s of billions of dollars worth military warfare. How can anyone humanely side with Israel? They have killed thousands, and are going to kill even more tonight. These deadly 'rocket' attacks are a sham and a facade, and all the pro israel scumbags are happy to lap it up. Deep down you ALL know what is going on here. Its genocide.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
According to Haaretz, Hamas coordinated with the other armed factions to have cease-fire by 11pm.

www.haaretz.com...
edit on 7-4-2011 by nortefunk14 because: link

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Israel- "I know there is much to learn from each other if we can make a truce. We can find a way to Co-exist. Can there be a peace between us?"

Palestine- "Peace? NO PEACE!"

Israel- "What is it you want us to do?"

Palestine- "Die...Die!"

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by idonotcollectstamps
Israel- "I know there is much to learn from each other if we can make a truce. We can find a way to Co-exist. Can there be a peace between us?"

Palestine- "Peace? NO PEACE!"

Israel- "What is it you want us to do?"

Palestine- "Die...Die!"

Thats your western interpretation of the events. There are always 2 sides to every story. Remember Israel is occupying Illegal land and creating a ghetto in Gaza.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
HHAHAHAHAH Independence Day reference hahaha its been years.

I say if you attack someones country they have the right to attack you back. Seriously both sides need to stop screwing around and get it done with. Am I wrong with this?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by nortefunk14
According to Haaretz, Hamas coordinated with the other armed factions to have cease-fire by 11pm.

www.haaretz.com...
edit on 7-4-2011 by nortefunk14 because: link

AH HAAAAAAAA EXACTLY!!!!!

IF HAMAS HAS THE POWER TO STOP THESE ATTACKS THEN WHY ARE THEY STILL ONGOING???

You cannot blame "lone terrorist's" all the time.

*sigh*

edit on 7-4-2011 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I just dont understand these people. What would YOU feel about a state if they were responsible for displacing YOU from YOUR home. Killed YOUR mother, YOUR brother, YOUR father. How would YOU feel? Seriously, unbeleiveable some of the things you people say.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justice4Gaza
I just dont understand these people. What would YOU feel about a state if they were responsible for displacing YOU from YOUR home. Killed YOUR mother, YOUR brother, YOUR father. How would YOU feel? Seriously, unbeleiveable some of the things you people say.

Alot of people need to pay attention to this post. It cannot be any more basic of an understanding.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Israel invaded Palestine and several other middle east countries, slaughtering 100's of thousands with US military weapons. Palestine is fighting back. I'm pretty sure they didn't mean to attack a school bus, if they even did and this wasn't some ploy for Israel to have a "reason" to start this Scorching Summer movement.

Anyway, if a group of superiorly armed people invaded my country, and subjugated me, damn right I'd be fighting for my freedom and my country, every day of my life.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I'm afraid Hamas is taking credit for this now and they've called for a cease fire! How quaint, "We DELIBERATELY shot a school bus with an anti tank missile but please quit returning fire." Yeah right we'll do that.

You see people this was a test. Hamas and Hezbollah and by proxy Iran wanted to see what effect Iron Dome may have on their weapons,now that they know they want the response to stop,of course they do.

Looks like Israel may just do that which is somewhat surprising but good none the less,the less death the better imo.

Still searching for a live feed from Gaza,no luck on that yet.

Latest twitter reports are quiet with drones above Gaza,maybe this is over for now.

www.maannews.net...

And another interesting blog/viewpoint on todays actions.

TextBut there’s more. Hamas can fire an advanced anti-tank rocket because the Egyptian revolution has ended a regime that acted in its own interest to block most arms shipments to Hamas. The Egypt-Gaza border is now open. Terrorists and superior weapons are flooding into Gaza. Another demonstration of this fact was the second major incident in which Hamas fired an Iranian-made Grad missile, far superior to the usual homemade rockets, at Israel. In this case, it was shot down by an Israeli anti-missile, part of the new defense system deployed only a few days earlier. A total of 50 rockets and mortars were fired on that one day, equalling the number shot from the Gaza Strip at Israel during the entire month of March. There were also several attempts at cross-border ground attacks, more in one day than at any time in the past.

pajamasmedia.com...
edit on 4/7/11 by nickoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by nickoli
I'm afraid Hamas is taking credit for this now and they've called for a cease fire! How quaint, "We DELIBERATELY shot a school bus with an anti tank missile but please quit returning fire." Yeah right we'll do that.

Hmm...so, how then did israel convince hamas to take credit for it? is hamas actually a secret israeli agency?

We all know this is Israel's fault...now we just got to bend the fact to show it...so, start bending

(feeling sarcastic today...sorry)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
This is still going on and not a peep hardly from the major news stations.

From twitter #Israel this am.

Southern Israel being attacked by Hamas and Islamic Jihad. Missiles by the dozens fall in Israel. #civilians #Israel #Hamas

3 days of continuous Israeli brutal assaults 19 dead, 60 injured, 12 in critical state.

#Hamas warns against escalation of #violence in ###Gaza – Xinhua

More threats from Hamas who have lost several several commanders in the last few days.

www.ynetnews.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Fresh news from Israel threatens another "Cast Lead" type operation. This thing could go HOT any minute now.

www.israelnationalnews.com...

Here is the IDF version of the last 48hrs that hardly any media is covering at all which I find very strange.

idfspokesperson.com...

From the link.

Over the past 48 hours, terrorist organizations in Gaza fired over 120 Grad missiles, rockets and mortars at the Israeli home front, 50 of which were fired since this morning. Since Thursday, approximately eight Grad missiles and rockets were intercepted by IAF Aerial Defense Corps forces, using the “Iron Dome” system.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Seems like it will be a long hot summer.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join