It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Dreams, anyone?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
i've been having ufo dreams constantly this month, and all the end of march. i shared a piece of one in another thread, and i'd love to share them all, but it's honestly draining to think about, and not fun to remember.

the worst one was the most recent. aliens coming down in absolutely massive motherships, saying the earth is beyond repair, and that we must leave immediatley, and offer us a way out. then when everyone who wants to leave with them does, they destroy the planet in front of everyone, and it was one of the worst things i've ever seen, the feeling was soul killing.

i don't think this is going to happen exactly, but the feeling has been very eerie. every day there are more and more strange things happening.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by shagreen heart

Ack. That would suck.

I guess I would just die here, because I would not want to go with the aliens. I love my planet.

I wonder why they would destroy it though? Dicks. If it is beyond repair just let it die on its own.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I have had these dreams where I am getting shot in the stomach and I will wake up hurting really bad in my stomach were I get shot in my dream.I usually wake up around 3:00AM

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by shagreen heart
i've been having ufo dreams constantly this month, and all the end of march. i shared a piece of one in another thread, and i'd love to share them all, but it's honestly draining to think about, and not fun to remember.

the worst one was the most recent. aliens coming down in absolutely massive motherships, saying the earth is beyond repair, and that we must leave immediatley, and offer us a way out. then when everyone who wants to leave with them does, they destroy the planet in front of everyone, and it was one of the worst things i've ever seen, the feeling was soul killing.

i don't think this is going to happen exactly, but the feeling has been very eerie. every day there are more and more strange things happening.
You think about earth a lot? I did for a while too when I was younger. I bought into all of it. Not sure what I think now, but it's not nearly as extreme as when I was younger. I recall one dream I had. I was walking on lawn near a home. There was a 'man' next to me. I don't remember seeing him. He pointed down at a plant on the lawn and told me that our lies kill the plants. He also said that the plants worship us. I felt very sad for the plant and bad about our behavior.

Don't buy everything they say about saving the planet and so on. I don't think we know nearly as much as we would like to think we do. I think we're harming the planet but I don't think it will come to us having to leave or something. Then again, if the planet does warm up like they say and hte methane hydrates blow and the permafrost melts then I can't imagine much worse for ourselves and life on earth. I'm a techno believer. I believe technology will save us.

I try to stay on top of things. On the latest news. Check this out:
climateprogress.org ...

If that doesn't start to frighten you, then what will. But keep the head screwed on! I think all these dreams DO mean something. We have a challenge ahead of us. But we CAN do it!
edit on 7-4-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by zombiesC4
I have had these dreams where I am getting shot in the stomach and I will wake up hurting really bad in my stomach were I get shot in my dream.I usually wake up around 3:00AM
LOL. I've had that happen a couple times so has my brother. Or stabbed.

I used to have dreams a lot where I fell off cliffs. I woke up just before I hit. My sister told me back then that it would kill you IRL if you didn't wake up before you hit. Anyway, I still have dreams about being in high places and trying to get down or to safety but I don't usually fall like I used to. That doesn't mean I'm not paralyzed with fear. I definitely am. I hate those dreams.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
My dreams usually involve explosions, zombies, killing, clowns and inventions which make complete sense in my fantastical subconscious but do little to stimulate me when I return to reality. Oh and a lot of apocalyptic end of days stuff too.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite

Originally posted by Upthepunx
hey i just sighned up here like a week ago been posting on other forums but i need to put my 2cents in this thread. i hardly ever remember my dreams and am a very light sleeper. few days ago i had a dream where i was with my old lady in the city(we live in Rhode island so providence) she was going to class which is weird cause she dose not go to any college in the city. when she left i looked around me and realized that i was in the company of a very strange cast of people i knew from when i was a little kid a young teenager some faces i didnt know. I remember picking out an old friend i do tend to see @ local metal concerts at least ounce a month. we started to talk then i remember hearing a very loud wooshing noise. not really an explosion but a woosh. i looked all around as people were doing the same and then looking into the sky i saw cloud rings going up and up and up into the sky on and on ring after ring going up and up. the wooshing came back and a wind started to blow. then i woke up
im a light sleeper and prolby moved my body for real while dreaming of moving. i dont know what to make of it and its stuck with me for a while. i didnt read other people replys yet but i bet there as interesting strange times make for strange dreams....
The whooshing sound reminds me of some things I've heard when I'm half-lucid. I get this electrical feeling in my body and I can 'hear' it. I can't move in that state. It feels loud more than it IS loud, but that doesn't mean it's not loud. Hard to explain.

Some people do report whooshing sounds with OBEs. I've never had an out of body experience, but my sister has. In one case I was half-asleep on the parking lot near a mall in hte backseat. It was night. The strange thing about this was I was that an image popped into my head and I was above hte parking lot looking down. Everything seemed to look the way it should. I never saw my body or felt myself separate or anything like that. Then I woke up. I never heard any sounds. It just happened. It didn't seem like an OBE, but I'm not sure what those are supposed to be like.

And one other thing I should mention is that in one case after I woke up I could hear a ringing in my ear for about an hour that had started with the lucid dream. It was not a normal ring. It's very heard to explain. I've never had that happen before or since.

I think an easier way for me to explain the 'sound' is to go into a quiet room at night and listen to your mind. You can faintly hear something. It's almost like a ring. Magnify that. That's what I heard in my ear and it's very similar to what I hear and feel in some lucid dreams.

One last thing.. I've heard that if you're asleep and someone says your name you almost always will wake up. Has anyone confirmed this? In my experience it seems to be close to the truth.

i try to wake up my girl by saying her name. its like talking to a corpse. some people just shut down when they sleep. i also love it when im dreaming and i try to read. sometimes i have dreams where i go to a recored store and find all this crazy music that i want and i understand what they are but i def cant read what it says on the cd case 7" sleeve and such its funny but i can list a bunch of # i had got in my dream.

also anyone ever had phobia dreams? like if your scared of spiders you have dreams of spider related stuff. i am extreamly clostrophobic (spelling???) aka scard of enclosed spaces and being restrained. and i use to have extreamly vivid nightmares of being put into a small ditch and being paved into the road. im not crushed but i can moved at all and it freaks me out so bad i start screaming or struggling in ym sleep and eventually wake up. i hate those ones hahah
edit on 8-4-2011 by Upthepunx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Kilam7Junaid

That fits the "dreams are practice for threat" school of thought. A nice little video from New Scientist on Dreams.

bcove.me...

My cat has "threat" dreams too. He talks in his sleep and he often vocalizes as if he is fighting with something. And then all the twitching of paws and baring of teeth and what not. So I do believe there is something to this idea that some of our dreams are merely our brain making use of its down side to practice over and over again its defense strategies. You can certainly see readily how that would be advantageous to a living thing who might only get ONE actual chance in life to escape life threatening circumstances.

But there are more than one type of dream. I have the fighting dreams, the running away dreams, etc. But those dont really impress upon my consciousness much. Then there are the message dreams, in which someone, (perhaps your own unconscious, perhaps something divine or supernatural, who knows) is telling you something IT knows, but your conscious mind doesnt. These dreams for me tend to be less common, but very significant.

edit on 8-4-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by Kilam7Junaid

That fits the "dreams are practice for threat" school of thought. A nice little video from New Scientist on Dreams.

bcove.me...

My cat has "threat" dreams too. He talks in his sleep and he often vocalizes as if he is fighting with something. And then all the twitching of paws and baring of teeth and what not. So I do believe there is something to this idea that some of our dreams are merely our brain making use of its down side to practice over and over again its defense strategies. You can certainly see readily how that would be advantageous to a living thing who might only get ONE actual chance in life to escape life threatening circumstances.

But there are more than one type of dream. I have the fighting dreams, the running away dreams, etc. But those dont really impress upon my consciousness much. Then there are the message dreams, in which someone, (perhaps your own unconscious, perhaps something divine or supernatural, who knows) is telling you something IT knows, but your conscious mind doesnt. These dreams for me tend to be less common, but very significant.

edit on 8-4-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

Absolutely! If there's one thing I'd like to be remembered from this thread it's that dreams could be an evolutionary mechanism that helps to train our defense strategies against threats. If you think about it, our brain is a very creative organ and dreams could be a by-product of this.

Most things we see around us were imagined before they were real. Like submarines:

Leonardo da Vinci (1452-1519) made sketches of a submarine and William Bourne, a British mathematician, drew plans for a submarine in 1578. But it was only in 1620 that Cornelius van Drebbel, a Dutch inventor, managed to build a submarine.........
Link: Invention of the submarine

People have been imagining spaceflight for nearly two centuries or more! See here:

From the Earth to the Moon (French: De la Terre à la Lune, 1865) is a humorous science fantasy novel by Jules Verne and is one of the earliest entries in that genre. It tells the story of the president of a post-American Civil War gun club in Baltimore, his rival, a Philadelphia maker of armor, and a Frenchman, who build an enormous sky-facing Columbiad space gun and launch themselves in a projectile/spaceship from it to a Moon landing.
Link: From the Earth to the Moon

Furthermore, the copernican model of the universe probably did not solely begin in the 16th century even though I think that's the official word on it. Even if it were, I'm sure that many astronomers and other scientific thinkers would have many wondrous nights where they imagined a copernican universe and saw all these stars and imagined other planets around them! In fact, here's an example:

Bruno also asserted that the stars in the sky were really other suns like our own, around which orbited other planets. He indicated that support for such beliefs in no way contradicted scripture or true religion.
Link: Giordano Bruno

I think it's probable to say that dreams are a side-effect of our brain mimicking reality! I've used the metaphor before that it's better to make ropes and climbing gear than it's to have 8 legs like a spider! It's better to make submarines and scuba gear than it's to have fins and gills! It's better to have helicopters and airplanes than it's to have wings and feathers! Our brain is a true marvel of nature and it gives us incredible freedom that would be hampered through other means.

Similarly, I feel fantasy is also a side-effect along with many other things too.

Amazing is in our minds and all around us.
edit on 13-7-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

I hear that ringing but it is more of a transmission of some sort. It is electrical. Different from the internal ringing.of the ears.It isnt there all the time. I can relate it to changes in my moods .I dont recall it during my dreams however.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join