It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official - Unofficial ATS OBE Party Thread! (Let's learn astral projection!)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

Thanks for giving it a go and you are right the lag is important for that reason. Also I guess when I P.S.ed it and stated you can change words to ones that are familiar with I miss telling you that the type of fruit is interchangeable. I use an orange because of the steps it takes to eat it. Some people don't like oranges, feel free to substitute.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by iamilluminati

Establishing a protocol for how people report their observations is important if the goal is to determine whether people are really seeing and encountering the same thing. For instance if I hypothetically tell some person (B) that I saw object (D), person (B) may agree after the fact that he saw the same object (D) when in reality this wasn't the case. This isn't even necessarily an issue of honesty because the participants may earnestly be trying to tell the truth, but after a person recounts their memories it's inevitable that it going to color the groups interpretation of what everyone else encountered. The question becomes then how do we prevent this sort of thing from happening?

The best quick solution I can come up with is for each person to post their memories to a third party pastebin site that records a date and time stamp ( www.textuploader.com... ) . If everyone does this before hand, then after each person finishes their write-up they would chime in on the thread to let us all know they've written their story. Once everyone agrees that we're all done, and that everyone's written down their experiences, then and only then would each of the participants provide the link to their pastebin URL (it might even be better to send it to the group leader). The date and time would allow us to then empirically know whether or not a person lied and did it after the fact.

This doesn't prevent people from cheating and collaborating behind the scenes, but that's always going to be a problem if each person isn't in a controlled environment. Meaning in a practical sense this is the best we can do on the internet, but all things considered it's still pretty good!

Originally posted by iamilluminati
Other thoughts -

Music. Would it be possible to employ the use of music in order to facilitate projection? Perhaps relaxing in a comfortable chair with head phones in would allow an individual the luxury of using music to conduct a better projection? Use the sound of rain or nature to relax the mind and body and perhaps make oneself more prone to OBE. This is theory but I believe that music is a powerful tool that is proven to have an effect on the human body. Ever heard a song that makes your heart ace or cause you to remember an important event? Perhaps tuning your mind to employ music would be advantageous. It's a theory I may experiment with.

Back on November 3rd of 2010 I had a really strange semi-lucid dream where the vibration sensation kicked in, it was pitch black, I could sense I was laying in bed, and I heard a guy's voice in the distance that said, "I found another source. Are you ready?" He then paused, waiting for me to pay attention and focus. "The number 6 and 759."

That go me pretty curious.

I had already attempted to investigate what was causing these weird lucid dreams and stumbled across Monroe's research. He along with Thomas Campbell suggested binaural beats were capable of inducing different states of consciousness. So, for example, one of their HemiSync tapes called 'Pain control' is intended to do just that – provide pain relief. Amazingly there are peer reviewed papers that show on a sample of 76 patients that these types of audio tracks do act as an effective form of anesthesia even under surgery. So there's really something to this.

Since I have a lot of server equipment in my apartment, I was suspicious that the low-level whir from the fans was possibly inducing the lucid dreams. To test this I grabbed a program called sbagen (here's the download link) and tried a few of the default dive-beats but all to no effect. So in the dream, when I was given the read out of numbers, I was curious how it seemed to fit the number sequence used to generate a binaural tone.

## .SBG file – Theta 6 Hz, on 759 Hz carrier wave at 25 dB.

ts: 759+6/25
0:00 ts

or from the command line,

./sbagen -i 759+6/25

Sure enough a few nights later I gave it a try and it reliably resulted in an out-of-body experience. So I can say from personal experience there's definitely something to it. Those of you who would like to participate might want to give it a try.
edit on 7-4-2011 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

The best quick solution I can come up with is for each person to post their memories to a third party pastebin site that records a date and time stamp ( www.textuploader.com... )

I agree with this, I just had one question, It has a drop down setting for expiration what would you suggest the setting be?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

I'm glad you agree it's worth the extra effort.
At a minimum we should probably set the expiration time to a week. This would also allow everyone to keep the details relatively private, but give those of us who get busy an opportunity to read the story at some later point when it's more convenient. However if the information isn't terribly revealing or if the participant doesn't mind the details sticking around far in to the future. Then there's no reason to not set it to "Never."

Actually, after we're confident everyone's written their account in private, afterwards people could copy the details in to the thread with the original date-time stamp for posterity. Though that's really up to each individual as far as how much information they want to expose to other members here on ATS.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Anyone know a good dream dictionary site? I've seen plenty ,but they so severely limited its rediculous. I'm talking about a monster of a site.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I really like the idea of the upload system so there is a less chance of colloboration and lieing. We need to make that happen.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Hope this is an OK format and I don't know if it is too much information. I use my blackberry and it is very limited with the java script so I don't know if I could do the 3rd party site. If my post does not fit in with the agenda please let me know and I will stop. I do post my experiences somewhere else online before I post here that can be easily verified if fraud is suspected. But I would rather not give the source until the need arises. I do feel that there may be danger in involving anyone else with my experiences as I believe I am being tracked and watched. But hey, if you are like me, being abducted by men in black and having a log of it to share would be just as good or better than meeting up in the astral plane.
4/08/11 – 1300 – (Very cold and clear/nobody sleeping as it is the afternoon)
It seems like I am starting to remember more when I wake up now. I had another experience today (I am working nights now) similar to the original OP.
This time I remember starting with a group in a training class for an engineering project. There was a partner with me in a passive position, but every time I hesitated to do something out he took over and I followed. Everybody was in a human body this time. Except for some "very old" people who just sit around in strategic shadows and watch you very closely.
I am now realizing that these "missions" have a Dark city, matrix, inception feel to them. (All movies I am naming.) I seem to be an architect type and can change the scenery to suit my needs. And these people need me to do this for them because the others do not seem to be as advanced and or keep waking up and disconnecting.
The thing I really noticed was being led by my emotions. Hunger and lust in this particular scenario. Also I see full vivid color which implies it is not a dream, but lucid.
They had a nice buffet laid out with tempting deserts and there I went. I didn't eat anything because it didn't look like there was enough for everyone. So all of the sudden my partner shows up and says "I've been looking for you we gotta go."
We get to the seminar (which is an adventure in itself complete with him stealing a car and scratching the hell out of it) and everybody is in this giant swimming pool. But there's a problem; the engineer has to make an underwater extraction and can't get in the pool because the water is too cold. So he leaves.
I am sent to find him and bring him back at all costs. Before moving I immediately begin thinking. I notice that the seminar seems to be a huge estate so I think that the owner might have a plexi-glass viewer under the pool. Kind of like at sea world or any aquarium where you walk under water to observe.
As I look for a set of stairs I am stopped by a very attractive asian looking female. She leads me down the stairs and insinuates that she wants to have sex. Which seems like an odd time to be pointing this out, but in similar fashion to the buffet I am like OK. She wants to get away from the "old men" hiding in the shadows and motions to a room with artifacts and these huge raw uncut gems on display.
I am trying to find a way to secure the doors at her request. Both of them close but there were no locks. So I imagine a locking mechanism and there it is. One of them closes and locks, but not all the way and the old men sitting in the dark can see through the opening.
She pulls me over as if to kiss me then reaches for the uncut softball sized sapphire and says, "you know if I took this no one would even know. You could take one too and who could see us?".
At this point I become aware that I am completely off mission and realize that this chick is trying to get me to steal for her the very thing everyone in the water needed the engineer to get.
So upon realizing that I am instantly reconnected with the group upstairs. They mention that "the alien creature got away" and we need to bring it back and put it in this cage. I think the alien is the female I encountered. I reach out with my mind to slow her down and I can see it working. I start pulling her back towards the cage and almost have it. Then a thought pops into my mind "you are not telekinetic." All of the sudden I see the alien slipping farther away into the distance and then she is gone. I immediately woke up.
Now call me crazy, but also call me fairly certain that there were a lot of elements in this experience worth exploring:
Dark figures in shadows; being led by emotion; color; conscious creation of items and landscapes; other figures leading me; cold water waking people up; telekenisis; thoughts going in my head telling me what I cannot do; alien hunting.
Not bad for a friday afternoon I say.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
This is a U2U conversation between myself and Xtraeme.

In the spirit of ATS I was attempting to think of a place that we could all meat at in the outer plane. I realized it could not be a place that any of us have been or seen nor heard of in order to maintain experience honesty, but I have a second purpose in mind and that is "conspiracy verification".

There are a lot of places that fit the bill but most have pictures of the entrance or a hallway or a landmark, but One I feel could suit our purpose. There are Egyptian ruins in the grand canyon. its discovery was announced in the 70s no pictures, location.

just a thought

Agarta

I like the way you think. Though I admit I find it hard navigating to different locations. The best I can usually do is get "out of body" and walk around my apartment, but even then I often unintentionally "teleport" to my childhood home back in NY.

There are really only two times where I was lucid that I managed to relocate myself to another location and in both instances it wasn't planned. The first was fairly terrestrial looking, but after three bounces I found myself in a residential area (it looked like a series of duplex townhouses in the pacific northwest) but when I attempted to approach a group of people that I saw outside on the second level walkway, all the sudden, out of nowhere, I encountered a swarm of sky-blackening hornets. This caused me to panic and unintentionally start flying upwards.

This became a common theme throughout the journey. On each bounce I encountered something different that would attack me. The first time it was a cat that scratched at me as I tried to explore a house that I had randomly materialized in. Since I wanted to identify where I was, I started walking between the rooms, looking out the windows to get a sense of the terrain, and when I opened one of the doors it led to the garage. As I stepped out on to the concrete I saw a dog and that's when the cat lashed at me. This was a heck of a shock because I didn't think anything could hurt me. So I quickly closed the door and continued to look around. Soon after I unintentionally teleported into another house and encountered another cat that hissed and clawed at the air before running off. A few moments later, as I turned around, I bumped in to a lady in her 20's (she called herself "Plow Girl" who I afterwards tentatively identified as Mae Murray), and she commented that I could ignore the pain by simply willing it away. We had a brief conversation, but during our talk I had a feeling I didn't have a lot of time before I'd wake up, so I walked outside to explore the environment to try to find out where I was. That's when I encountered the hornet swarm. As I started hovering up in to the air I could hear Mae's voice in my head repeating what she had said earlier, "You don't have to feel the pain if you don't want to." It was hard to believe, but as I focused inwards to try to block out the barb of the stings, even though there was a dense cloud of bees swarming about me, the pain sort of dampened, tapered, and then faded away. Immediately after I'd figured out how to control the pain, I was teleported to another house and was given the opportunity to have a longer conversation with Ms. Murray.

Upon waking up I couldn't help but think the entire experience was somewhat puzzling. I've been stung plenty of times in real-life and even though it's not pleasant, it's not exactly something I'm afraid of either. The best I could figure the general goal of whatever it was that was dragging me around was to get me to understand that just like I might feel an itch as I start to descend in to a trance, that itch can be ignored as can the sensation of pain. But why was that important to learn? Mae never really gave me an answer.

The other experience was a hell of a lot more exciting! I was given the chance to explore a bustling complex underground facility that included a mall, shops, a police station, homes, and above ground there was a quaint town that looked like something out of a painting nestled in a quiet peaceful countryside carpeted with deciduous trees and pines dotting the landscape. The majority of the time was spent in the underground city, but once I managed to find my way outside I was captivated by the show of stars. The night sky was alight. Walking past the doorway I realized the entry way to the underground metropolis was attached to a victorian style mansion and the driveway to the mansion had an unobtrusive parking gate. As I walked towards the security booth I admired the town below in the distance at the foot of the hill, and out of the corner of my eyes caught the fog lights of an aircraft. Even though I had never really successfully flown before, staring at this flying contraption I suddenly felt compelled to give it a try. By focussing on the lighting configuration of the aircraft I found myself starting to float up in to the air. Then I started to accelerate faster and faster. As I looked down at the planet, feeling the pressure and wind of the atmosphere, I exited the thermosphere. Seconds later beneath me I saw a planet very different looking from Earth. It was out of this world!

So maybe I'll be able to meet you guys maybe not. Perhaps after this initial experiment exploring the grand canyon we should attempt to try to meet each other at a location that we're each comfortable with and know we can get to? This might make it easier for all of us to get together as a group and move onwards.

Anyways, appreciate the ideas! Feel free to paste this conversation in to the thread to get everyone else up to speed.

Cheers mate!
-X

Please feel free to comment or give Ideas

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
This seems interesting.

I'll try and follow along with this.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
@Xtraeme
@Agarta
I know a sign when I see one! The underground city seems very reminiscent of the Vril race. The pyramids at the bottom of the grand canyon sound familiar also.
I propose 2 options:
1) We post a picture of the location and a story so we can all get familiar with it. This should increase the chances of everybody going there.
2) There was a thread by a lady (who may or may not have smoked herself silly [no offense your majesty])
. Who claimed to meet someone on ATS that is capable of pulling you out of your body to aid in reverse engineering your own exit technique.
The Link
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LuisCyfer
@Xtraeme
@Agarta
I know a sign when I see one! The underground city seems very reminiscent of the Vril race.

Searching Google I found Sir Edward Bulwer-Lytton's "Vril, The Power of the Coming Race." Reading up to chapter four I can say in no uncertain terms, that there's a huge difference between the underground city he described as compared to what I had seen. The technology was astounding, huge plasma-like displays littered the city, holograms, automated doorways ‒ it was a very futuristic setting. Also initially there weren't any signs to indicate that it was underground because everything was sealed, but a good hint that this was the case were the humongous ceilings. The lack of a sky further suggested it was likely some huge super-structure, possibly even a ship, but not finding any windows I came to the conclusion I was underground. Once exiting the facility that's when I knew for certain that this was the case.

We post a picture of the location and a story so we can all get familiar with it. This should increase the chances of everybody going there.

I've tried the picture approach a few times, but sadly with little success. Though hey, what can it hurt to try it again?

2) There was a thread by a lady (who may or may not have smoked herself silly [no offense your majesty])
. Who claimed to meet someone on ATS that is capable of pulling you out of your body to aid in reverse engineering your own exit technique. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I've heard of people doing this, but I'm no pro. Like I said before, most of the time my lucid dreams are spontaneous. So I'm not sure I'll be able to help much of anyone.
Perhaps someone should send a message to theRiverGoddess and ask her to participate. Might make it easier for those of us who are newer to this sort of thing.
edit on 9-4-2011 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
@Xtraeme
Once again I find I am generalizing too much. I was just referring to an advanced underground civilization. Further in the book he talks of visiting other colonies, not all of them completely friendly to his hosts, some of them with more advanced tech.
I will contact rivergoddess and ask if she will join. This way maybe her ATS friend will be alerted and help us with this endeavor.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
@religiousmurder
Dream dictionary
www.dreammoods.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

I am interested to hear more about the "Plow Girl" Mae Murray. Was this an actual person or entity that was also projecting to the same places as you? Or do you believe this was a spirit guide of some sort? Any further conversations with her you are willing to discuss?

I had only one experience similar to this about 5 years ago. I will try to be brief. When about to fall asleep I had a bout of sleep paralysis and then was projected to a street of a European town(based on architecture I think it was French) with me was an older gentlemen( who was our guide) and another younger person who didn't know what was going on either. We were taken through a store shop though a hidden door to what he said was the "initiation room". In the room appeared to be a multitude of individuals conversing with each other, the guide said that all of these people are members of a club called the Knights of ____________(can't recall the last word) and they all project here to meet. I asked why me and the other young man were brought here and he said, "Because you are already members, and have been for a very long time" I could tell then i was about to be brought back out and asked how I could return, he responded that they would call for me when I was ready. Then I was back in my bed.

This was one of those ultra vivid "Epic" type experiences, and I do not believe it to have been a dream. I haven't heard anything from them since, but I hope that I stumbled across this thread for a reason, and it will assist in getting back there someday.

Any thoughts?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
How syncronistic. I had been planning to propose this very idea of an ap group. Count me in on the group. As well I wish we could somehow get the site to dedicate a full forum to NDE, OBE and astral projection. It seems we have a large number of individuals who are interested in them.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Agarta, would you happen to have the OBE excersise you spoke of recorded? It would be helpful if i could download it and try it out. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I would like to join this group also. I am a newbie to astral travel and have read a few books/websites. The Monroe Institute, that studies astral travel, must have something going right if they are still open for business.
The River Goddess' participation would be excellent!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
OK, count me in... I post advancements if they are interesting.
Just a quick tip: in the morning, when you just woke up, close your eyes and focus on getting back... if you see a light pattern, dive into it - worked for me a couple of times.

-Robert

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Today should be the day of experiment one, no? What is our course of action. Designated time? given technique? objective? etc...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by renegadeloser

I second the above. I thought we were going to discuss chapter 1 of the mentioned book by the OP. Maybe the OP astral traveled to a government complex and was caught in the electro magnetic field?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join