It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Unveils "The Vault", Releases incredible new Roswell Documents!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

This included the following statement. More information at the link above. Please keep in mind that this was sent by Guy Hottel, the then special agent in charge of the FBI's Washington Field Office. Not some random and unreliable source to be sure!

"An investigator for the Air Force stated that three so-called flying saucers had been recovered in New Mexico," according to the memo dated March 22, 1950. "They were described as being circular in shape with raised centers, approximately 50 feet in diameter. Each one was occupied by three bodies of human shape but only 3 feet tall, dressed in metallic cloth of a very fine texture. Each body was bandaged in a manner similar to the blackout suits used by speed flyers and test pilots. According to Mr. [redacted] informant, the saucers were found in New Mexico due to the fact that the Government has a very high-powered radar set-up in that area and it is believed the radar interferes with the controlling mechanism of the saucers. "

I don't see how it would be possible to have such a highly detailed memo , and end up having "smoke" with no "fire".

From my perspective, this is an incredible piece that is just one more indication that, at least at some point, our planet has been visited by an extraterrestrial species.

If anyone has any ideas how or why a Federal Agent would send a memo with that kind of specific information, where allegedly NONE of it turns out to be true, I would love to hear your thoughts!
edit on 6-4-2011 by docpoco because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
here a link to the vault with files like majestic 12, bluebook etc.
vault.fbi.gov...

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by docpoco

This has already been posted...Link

Please do a search before you post...Link to Search

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by docpoco

Its because the government wants you to believe in UFOs and little Grey men so they can fool you and make new uber space weapons that they already have, set up a one world government after the Rapture is blamed on the aliens!!!!!!

Dont be a fool, Here is your Roswell UFO. WATCH THIS!!

www.facadeblog.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by xShadow13
reply to post by docpoco

Are you a moderator? No? Didn't you just register a few weeks ago? Uh huh. The original was posted an hour and a half before this one. Also, the original title had no hint there was UFO information in there. Give the guy a break. Thanks, OP.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

reply to post by docpoco

2 things. 1, I am specifically talking about the Roswell incident, and 2 I wanted it in the Aliens and UFOs forum.

So I posted it here.

That ok with ya?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I guess the aliens have high tech anti gravity balloons.

FBI file

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Always get the anal types screwing with the real discussin part.
Makes it hard to make some continuity out opf it all.
This FBI site may not be the greatest (i skipped ahead to a couple other topics)
Kinda toots the part line,
Seeew that kinda makes the one letter about roswell a great find in my book.
The dam think lists pretty much all the same things ole stanly freidman dug up.
I think this is a crucial chink of the puzz......cool find....OP

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I swear I've read this before from a book or some other site but this seems to be another shot for eventual disclosure. Interesting link also, although the way the web site is set up makes it look like it non-government in nature.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

reply to post by docpoco

Ok, at first I thought I was going crazy..but now I KNOW something is up. This has got to be like the 20th post from someone who's only registered a few weeks prior telling a longer standing member how/what to post. And their abilities to pick up on not only the "rules" of the forum but the lingo, linking etc in those few short weeks....it's very odd...a whole new conspiracy!

Anyhow, back on topic. I noticed the post about the FBI vault being "opened" and am very curious! I will have to peruse the website and see exactly how "open" they are being. I find it hard to believe that after all these years of denying things (the roswell incident in particular) they would just put it out there on a website without some sort of preparation of the masses.

Michelle

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
What i cant see happening is an advanced race navigating the stars, winding up on Earth.... and crashing.

Their out there I'm sure of it, maybe they even found us and decided to investigate a little.

I don't care what technology we have or what we fired at it, I just don't believe we could cause them any problems.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I thought the FBI declared the MJ-12 doc's "bogus". Who is this Mr. Redacted? Fox news?
1950? Air Force? Biggie?
edit on 6-4-2011 by SamSeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Sounds as though they are releasing tidbits of information to keep the crowds happy. I doubt anything will eventuate from this anytime soon, save to tantalise the existing theories and raise more questions than there were to start with.

If there is to be any definitive disclosure, it will happen over a long time as more and more people become aware of what is (or could be) going on behind closed doors. The fact that it's being reported by the infamous Fox News is interesting - I imagine many people would read this, and investigate further into the archives. Logically, such a widespread dispersal of certain information will play into the government's hands.

It's not what they're withholding or why, as such - it's their ulterior motive we should be concerned about.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Thanks for this. It really is interesting.

vault.fbi.gov...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by docpoco

FBI Unveils "The Vault", Releases incredible new Roswell Documents!

Hi docpoco,

I agree that the documents are very interesting to read, but I'd query your thread title. Are you sure there are "new Roswell Documents"? The one you highlight in your OP has been available to the public for several decades.

Surprising as it may be to many Americans, the US was actually in the lead in releasing UFO documents. A considerable quantity of documents were released by various U.S. government agencies in the 1970s/1980s.

The FBI documents have been on its website for several years, and were in fact released to the public in the 1970s.

Basically, the new "vault" is just a new interface to make it easier and faster to access documents on the FBI website. Previously, the UFO documents on the FBI website were simply grouped into various downloadable PDF documents.

Those FBI documents were briefly discussed in Stanton Friedman's 1979 documentary "UFOs ARE Real!". Several of the documents were published by George Fawcett and Barry Greenwood in their book “Clear Intent” in 1984.

The FBI documents have been discussed in numerous UFO books since the 1970s. Particularly noteworthy are the following two books which focus on these documents, the latter of which can be bought easily and quite cheaply second hand - both are very interesting:
(1) Bruce Maccabee's book “UFO FBI Connection” (2000).
(2) Nick Redfern's book “The FBI Files” (1998) published as a Simon & Schuster softcover edition and also in a Pocket Books paperback edition.

My favourite sequence of documents within the FBI files relates to the memo dated 24 September 1947 from FBI Assistant Director D M Ladd to FBI Director J Edgar Hoover summarises, and attaches, a memo dated 23 September 1947 from Colonel R H Smith (Assistant Chief of Staff Intelligence) revealing that the FBI had been asked to assist the Air Force in UFO investigations “to relieve the numbered Air Forces of the task of tracking down all the many instances which turned out to be ash can covers, toilet seats and whatnot”.

Mr Ladd recommended that the FBI “protest vigorously” and that the FBI discontinue all activity in this field.

On 27 September 1947, FBI Director J Edgar Hoover wrote to Major General McDonald informing him that the FBI would be discontinuing all investigative activity regarding the reported sightings of flying discs, mentioning the “ash can covers, toilet seats and whatnot” comment in the memo from Colonel R H Smith (Assistant Chief of Staff Intelligence) dated 1947.0903.

Far, far more documents have been released by American agencies other than the FBI, but that's probably for another thread...

All the best,

Isaac
edit on 7-4-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by docpoco

If anyone has any ideas how or why a Federal Agent would send a memo with that kind of specific information, where allegedly NONE of it turns out to be true, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Hi Docpoco, this document has popped up before and it's been said that the incident is based on a hoax by Silas Newton.

Flying Saucers recovered in New Mexico:

Document

This previously posted FBI document was sent from Guy Hottel (Senior Agent in Charge of the Washington FBI field office) to J. Edgar Hoover on March 22nd 1950.

The descriptions in the document could have been based on a hoax perpetrated by Silas Newton and Leo A. GeBauer:

UFO researcher Linda Moulton Howe described a secret FBI memo from March 22nd, 1950, written to J. Edgar Hoover himself. Memo author Guy Hottel, of SAC, described an investigator's report of a flying saucer recovery in New Mexico, with mention of three saucers, three-foot tall bodies, metallic cloth, and bandaged alien bodies. The crash was supposedly due to interference from high-powered radar. But all of these elements (saucers, aliens, cloth and tape, radar site) have been firmly traced to the yarns spun by our two swindlers.
www.nmsr.org...

Thread

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Michelle129th

Ok, at first I thought I was going crazy..but now I KNOW something is up. This has got to be like the 20th post from someone who's only registered a few weeks prior telling a longer standing member how/what to post. And their abilities to pick up on not only the "rules" of the forum but the lingo, linking etc in those few short weeks....it's very odd...a whole new conspiracy!

It's a green syndrome. Happens a lot with people new to any organization. In one case, someone wants to skip all the work and go straight from Private to General in a day, in another, people assume that they're special somehow and that their 'great ideas' are new and different and that no one has ever thought of them before. All symptomatic of youth's inability to recognize that they are not the center of the known universe.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by docpoco

Thanks for posting this, docpoco. I hope it's the real deal. What a find, if it is. Of course, I believe in ETs anyway -- whether or not this document turns out to be bogus.

Which reminds me of another Roswell article I ran across today:

"But last week came an astonishing new twist to the Roswell mystery - which casts new light on the incident and raises the possibility that we have, indeed, been visited by aliens."

"Lieutenant Walter Haut was the public relations officer at the base in 1947, and was the man who issued the original and subsequent press releases after the crash on the orders of the base commander, Colonel
William Blanchard. Haut died last year, but left a sworn affidavit to be opened only after his death."

"Last week, the text was released and asserts that the weather balloon claim was a cover story, and that the real object had been recovered by the military and stored in a hangar. He described seeing not just the craft, but alien bodies. "

"He wasn't the first Roswell witness to talk about bodies. Local undertaker Glenn Dennis had long claimed that he was contacted by authorities at Roswell shortly after the crash and asked to provide a number of child-sized coffins. '

'When he arrived at the base, he was apparently told by a nurse (who later disappeared) that a UFO had crashed and that small humanoid extraterrestrials had been recovered. But Haut is the only one of the
original participants to claim to have seen alien bodies. "

"Haut's affidavit talks about a high-level meeting he attended with base commander Col William Blanchard and the Commander of the Eighth Army Air Force, Gen Roger Ramey. Haut states that at this meeting, pieces of wreckage were handed around for participants to touch, with nobody able to identify the material."

"He says the press release was issued because locals were already aware of the crash site, but in fact there had been a second crash site, where more debris from the craft had fallen. The plan was that
an announcement acknowledging the first site, which had been discovered by a rancher, would divert attention from the second and more important location."

"Haut also spoke about a clean-up operation, where for months afterwards military personnel scoured both crash sites searching for all remaining pieces of debris, removing them and erasing all signs that anything unusual had occurred."

"This ties in with claims made by locals that debris collected as souvenirs was seized by the military."

"Haut then tells how Colonel Blanchard took him to 'Building 84' - one of the hangars at Roswell - and showed him the craft itself. He describes a metallic egg-shaped object around 12-15ft in length and around 6ft wide. He said he saw no windows, wings, tail, landing gear or any other feature."

"He saw two bodies on the floor, partially covered by a tarpaulin. They are described in his statement as about 4ft tall, with disproportionately large heads. Towards the end of the affidavit, Haut concludes: "I am convinced that what I personally observed was some kind of craft and its crew from outer space."

"What's particularly interesting about Walter Haut is that in the many interviews he gave before his death, he played down his role and made no such claims. Had he been seeking publicity, he would surely have
spoken about the craft and the bodies."

"Did he fear ridicule, or was the affidavit a sort of deathbed confession from someone who had been part of a cover-up, but who had stayed loyal to the end?"

www.dailymail.co.uk...
in_article_id=465276&in_page_id=1770

Scientists Now Know: We're Not From Here!
Summary & comments by Dan Eden for Viewzone

viewzone.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
lol...the radars only detect these UFO's when they want to be detected...if you only knew how those machines work, you would be amazed.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join