It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This weather is NOT normal

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
In southern California it's been pretty weird the last few weeks, really cold, then really hot, then cold, then hot etc.
Maybe mother earth is trying tell us to stop being such savages.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
What could be causing it? Hmm, perhaps the constant spraying of tons and tons of chemicals into our skies around the globe? Geo-engineering, i still cant believe (most) people cant see the correlation...

But then again, most people have forgotten what a natural sky looks like..
Peace

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Be it birds, be it weather, both is nature and nature is not "normal", never has been, never will be. The face of nature itself, is variable, nature = unpredictabillity.
edit on 6-4-2011 by CarlitosAmsel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Okay so there was a thunderstorm in Baltimore in the morning.

And that's why the weather is not normal.

I'm convinced. That can't be normal at all. Baltimore is known for its thunderstorm-free mornings.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Ummmm.........Weather and....normality...appear to be mutually exclusive.........weather by definition is in a constant state of flux....in fact, quite chaotic......I know, I know...weather is "quantifiable", just, presently beyond our computing cababilities to account for all of the nuances in order to make an accurate prediction, temporaly...that being said, the only "normal" thing about weather.....is that it's not.........."normal"

YouSir

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
It's 5AM on the east coast of the US, and here near Baltimore we're getting severe thunderstorms. Like, really violent and severe. Besides a few weeks ago at 6:30AM, I can't remember ever having thunderstorms in the morning. Last time I checked, that's NOT normal.

So here's my question, is anyone else having very strange and erratic weather, and if so, what could be causing it?

what's causing it?? c'mon, are you serious?....climate scientists have been saying for decades this is going to be happening. but, everybody believes FOX NEWS when they say "THERE IS STILL CONTROVERSY REGARDING WHETHER THERE REALLY IS GLOBAL WARMING".....

plus, this is going to get alot worse. don't believe it? fine with me, but i'm making plans, because i tend to trust scientists that have devoted their whole career in this field, rather than people paid by the coal, and oil lobby to raise doubts.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I live here in Southern California and it has been far from crazy. Our average rainfall per year is around 13 inches. I think i saw a report a week or so ago that says we have already had over 80 inches this year. Ive lived in Seattle and honestly i feel like i moved back. It goes from winter weather to next day being 80 here. The thing that has me really freaked out more than the weather is that i live about 60 miles from the coast in the desert and for a few months we have been infested with sea gulls. They are literally everywhere. I havn't seen anybody talking about that anywhere, but it seems pretty freaky to me. Do they know the new coastline is out here in the desert or something?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Southern spain, It's been very windy, orange alert on the costas.
I am in the mountains high up where it should be colder at this time of year yet it was 30 degrees oc. my girlfriend went to the coast and said it was absolutely freezing, 5 or 6 degrees oc. where it should have been warm.
Last night very stong warm winds.
Today is cloudy which is normal but the temperature is high with no wind.
The dogs are cowering under the caravan even though its still. very rare for my dog at least as he is a hunter and not scared of thunder or loud noises.
The weather report say's sunny no clouds my eyes say different

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
I dont know what is causing it but last week we had hail and snow, next day it melted and the same for 4 more days. Yesterday was 80 degrees and tonight its 32 degrees. I am also wondering what is NOT being told to us, and the crazy weather patterns.

Peace, NRE.

BTW, I'm in the mid-west.

Hmmm, strange... I'm in Southern Ontario and near the end of winter we also got snow one day, melted, snowed a bunch the next day, melted, and repeat.... Seemed like every time I shoveled the driveway, it would completely melt away and dump a load the next day...

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Here in Perth, Western Australia, we haven't had any rainfall since Nov last year, except for a freak storm NE of the city (where I live) which only lasted 20 mins and was extremely severe. Hot 35 degrees celsius then all of a sudden the wind picks up and thunderstorm clouds roll in, lots of double thunder, gail force winds, sucking all doors in my house shut with force. As soon as it began, the clouds rolled over the hills and disappeared leaving the heat behind. The damage it caused uprooted over 1000, 70 year old pine trees, tore off garage doors, saw a few trampolines impaled on poles throughout the neighbourhood and this has never happened before in my 23 years of existence.

Over East is drowning in water, here in the West we are still in severe drought.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
Okay so there was a thunderstorm in Baltimore in the morning.

And that's why the weather is not normal.

I'm convinced. That can't be normal at all. Baltimore is known for its thunderstorm-free mornings.

Please, dear God in the sky tell me that this is pure irony.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I notice the change in 2008...here in Florida....the temperatures have become increasingly mild and stable...it's actually really nice here....It's like the odd ball weather switched around. It's now it's places like parts of Europe like Germany and Northern parts of US complaining about odd weather. Maybe because we are in a solar minimum period...instead of maximum...so everything switched. I just read that during 2008-2009 NASA scientists noted that the Sun is undergoing a "deep solar minimum" on wiki. And the dates coincide with Florida's weather...2009 and 2010 was Florida coldest on record... Read more about it here: en.wikipedia.org...

I notice this because I remember back in the mid to late 90's how I absolutely HATED Florida's weather....the temperature change used to be so extreme! Stormed all the freaking time, floods, hurricanes...we would go from having 30's F temps straight to 80's by the weekend. I barely wore sweaters then because it never got cold enough. Oh and people did complain how weird the weather was at the time....but now I wearing sweaters all the time.

But I'd must say...Florida's overall weather in the last couple of years have been quite nice...and well balanced out. I have never been able to leave my windows open so often to let the cool air breeze in. Rain comes and goes gently like clockwork instead of of being all erratic and crazy.

edit on 6-4-2011 by mishmallow8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
We are located in Southern Ontario here, I have been bitching about the wind for about the past 4 years now.
I have lived over 50 years here and I tell you the wind is just non-stop and comes from every direction in almost any given hour.
It is a usual occurrence here now for forecasts of wind gusts up to 50 km's and it happens too.
I have chased more patio furniture around the yard and street in the past 3-4 years than I have the other 14 years we have lived here.
We have a solid oak picnic table with an umbrella in a cement stand, this set up is very heavy and this past summer the table moved about a foot more than once.
This past winter here was bad, but it was the wind that really made a mess of things here.
We had a killer blizzard that left hundreds of people stranded in their cars for up to 36 hours. They called in the military but they could not fly in such winds. Even the rescuers on snowmobiles were grounded because of the wind not the snow.
I think the weather here is much more violent now and the main factor is the wind.
Nice to read about other people's thoughts and experiences around the world on this.
Regard,s Iwinder

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
i swear

the thunder sounded like it was pulsing with a specific frequency

something that i have never heard before

is HAARP capable of such things?
edit on 4/6/2011 by die_another_day because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Amen, well put. These are strange days indeed. The clouds don't look the same, and the path of Hurricanes here in the South have been different.
I have no doubt that they have steered some of these Hurricanes away, our economy could not have taken the last couple of years down south.
Katrina was life changing in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida. I would say Texas was also impacted from the mass exodus of these states.
To have not had a Hurricane in Louisiana for some time now, well........duh!!!

I suppose we'll get one this year, just my gut feeling.
The weather has definitely changed, it is more extreme, and the clouds always look different.
Could be wishful thinking on my part, but, like I've said before, something is going on that is very different.

My faith/spirituality, not my religion, tells me to prepare and be ready for anything.

Not paranoia, just common sense.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

That's another one I noticed here in Florida. The thunderstorms are "ducting" like CRAZY. It's pretty cool.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Yes.

Texas has been unusually windy ever since the Japan Earthquake. I am not saying that the Earthquake has anything to do with it, simply that the two events happened to coincide. We had severe thunderstorms the night before last. That isn't necessarily unusual for Texas, but I feel like the wind is very unusual, and it seemed like the storm system was moving very quickly also.

The Chile Earthquake combined with Japan has compressed the Earth, so that it is spinning ever-so-slightly faster. I wouldn't doubt that this could affect the weather in some way.

Cheers,
Cody

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Might just be me but i looked ut google earth just to check the weather and it seems almost all clouds on the planet are moving towards the poles :S anyone else seeing this?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Thunderstorms in April? Shocking.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

The reason for the very sparatic weather in North America is due to La Nina- El Nino's cool windy sister. Winds blowing across the Pacific travel faster than usual, causing many cold fronts to develop and produce the abnormal weather we are currently experiencing.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join