It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This weather is NOT normal

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
It tends to rain in Spring.

Though I will say, the temperature has been really shifty lately, and most people I've talked to do not recall these type of dramatic shifts.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I live in southern New Hampshire. What's "normal." Eight-inches of snow April 1, melted off to almost nothing within 48 hours. Today, high of 55F. Sounds normal to me.

What I'm hearing is, it isn't so much the extremes, as it is the fluctuations, which overall I can attest to, as well. Wicked high-winds. I think it was mid-Jan? it felt like Spring for over a week. That was odd.

Put it this way. Probably won't need it, but I haven't taken the blade off my 4-wheeler yet.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
We got really wierd lightning we got here in Saskatchewan Canada last night, Clear skies last night, snow on the ground..around 11ish looked like a meteor hit, then 5 mins later another huge flash, then again another 5 mins later another flash of lightning, I don't know if these are related in anyway?? I didnt know where to put this as I am a "newbie" on this site for posting and replying, have been long time reader though. Am interested if anyone has any input on the subject, or direct me to a forum that might be related to my experience

edit on 6-4-2011 by ShellyBoo because: wrong wording?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by mossme89
It's 5AM on the east coast of the US, and here near Baltimore we're getting severe thunderstorms. Like, really violent and severe. Besides a few weeks ago at 6:30AM, I can't remember ever having thunderstorms in the morning. Last time I checked, that's NOT normal.

So here's my question, is anyone else having very strange and erratic weather, and if so, what could be causing it?

what's causing it?? c'mon, are you serious?....climate scientists have been saying for decades this is going to be happening. but, everybody believes FOX NEWS when they say "THERE IS STILL CONTROVERSY REGARDING WHETHER THERE REALLY IS GLOBAL WARMING".....

plus, this is going to get alot worse. don't believe it? fine with me, but i'm making plans, because i tend to trust scientists that have devoted their whole career in this field, rather than people paid by the coal, and oil lobby to raise doubts.

Climate scientists are full of zhit, since they were bought and turned into political slaves. Dont mention climate scientists. The few upright and honest ones you hardly hear about, because they are being suffocated in the noise of the corrupted ones or thrown out of their jobs. Common, since copenhagen and climate-gate, we should all know about that.
edit on 6-4-2011 by CarlitosAmsel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephalim

Most people actually have weather (and weather men/women) they can count on. We have learned in Texas... If you don't like the weather, give it a minute and don't expect the weather person to know any more than you do. Just walk outside and take a gander.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Been in this part of the country...PNW...for about 5 or so years. Right next to the water.
Seem to always not have rain as much, yet all around us it's always doing something...rain, snow, thunder storms in spades.

This morning it started to snow. Never has it ever snowed in the time I have lived here so late. Nothing stuck...
apparently just a cold pocket of air moving through....but the snow was reported to only be at 2,000 ft. and above.
We are at 400 ft. elevation...It is uncommonly cold, air from Alaska I guess...

I just thought it was a bit odd that we are getting such winter conditions at this elevation when this is the time of year the
cherry trees are blooming and the finches are coming back to their nests in the juniper tree. We are definitely in flux.
edit on 6-4-2011 by Holly N.R.A. because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Weather changes constantly, all the time, been happening since the beginning of time, I remember when I was a kid we would start getting snow in Nov-Dec time frame, now we dont get it until Jan-Feb. We have dryer hotter summers and tornadoes are not just mainly in Ks, Ok, Tx anymore and more widely spread. It's ok, The earth is constantly changing and adjusting. I have heard several elder people that are 60-70 years old talk about how it was different then, then it is now and was 20 years ago as well. I really wish people would stop being so paranoid about weather changes!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I live in the Midwest in MO. and temps here have been very different, I dont know when trees and stuff usually start to bloom but I know its atleast now spring but dont have any trees blooming yet atleast not that many, My entire block has only about 2 trees barely blooming,

Last week the temps changed pretty much everyday, It was cloudy, blocked out sky almost all week.
Also not to long ago it was 40 degrees yes 40 not 32 and it was snowing/sleet/hail?????? i thought freezing temp was around 32 atleast to cause snowflakes, Hail I can understand but snowflakes actually making it to the ground in 38-40 degree weather is very strange to me

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by xBWOMPx

Weather changes constantly, all the time, been happening since the beginning of time, I remember when I was a kid we would start getting snow in Nov-Dec time frame, now we dont get it until Jan-Feb. We have dryer hotter summers and tornadoes are not just mainly in Ks, Ok, Tx anymore and more widely spread. It's ok, The earth is constantly changing and adjusting. I have heard several elder people that are 60-70 years old talk about how it was different then, then it is now and was 20 years ago as well. I really wish people would stop being so paranoid about weather changes!

My thoughts are that people observing and reporting weather changes over years (especially if they consider them extreme) is not being paranoid at all.
I think it is just some of us are more aware of our surroundings and pay attention to them.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

It's 5AM on the east coast of the US, and here near Baltimore we're getting severe thunderstorms. Like, really violent and severe. Besides a few weeks ago at 6:30AM, I can't remember ever having thunderstorms in the morning. Last time I checked, that's NOT normal.

So here's my question, is anyone else having very strange and erratic weather, and if so, what could be causing it?

April showers bring May flowers.

Shower = rain
Thunderstorm = rain

I'm afraid you're suffering from perfectly normal April weather.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by NewEmpire816

To save a couple smart-asses some time, yes I realize the trees will bloom eventually just give it time. it just seems like they should've bloomed already

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Okay, I'm in Richmond VA. Two days ago, it was around 30 degrees, cold, windy and rainy.
The next day we got a huge thunderstorm in the AM and just a few hours later, it was up in the 60s
and totally clear. And today, it is in the 80s, beautiful, and calm. I don't know what's going on
with the weather but it's definitely not normal. Whatever is going on, I don't like it

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AtleeElmont

By what exact quality is it "not normal"?
I know for a fact that storms in April are perfectly natural.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Try purple ---yes, **PURPLE**--- lightning the hue of Mace Windu's lightsaber in Tampa, Florida. Sure, Tampa is either THE or the 2nd-most lightning capital of the world, but I've never seen PURPLE lightning until this last year. I wikipedia-ed it, and there are explanations about substances present in the air that causes the color change. I don't buy it. I haven't seen PURPLE lightning anywhere else, or even here in Tampa until this last year, and I lived here from 2003 to 2008, and came back last year this time after a brief stay in Virginia.

PURPLE LIGHTNING. Wow. Not normal.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

In Rhode Island I have noticed odd weather patterns. It is still fairly cold and on some days it is warm, but then by the next day it is freezing. I'm not sure what's going on but I wish to find out.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

The weather everywhere is abnormal. The unusual wind in the central texas is beyond explanation. If the biblical seven year period of hardship on earth has started, we may be in the middle of it but not at the peak yet.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Having lived in the San Francisco Bay Area of California since 1977, I can't remember a year when people didn't say, "Unusual weather this year for Spring/Summer/Winter" (we don't do Fall).
I think we had more extremely rainy days late in March than usual, but I've seen that before. What I don't think I've ever seen is weather that most people will agree is "normal" for this area.

So yeah, weatherwise, things are about the same as usual here this year

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
To everyone that is saying the weather isn't normal and that the end is coming etc. You people don't know how weather AND climate works do you?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I have lived in Southern California about 10 miles inland for the last 40 years. The last 2-3 years have been really different in several ways.
First, all the seasons are seeming to meld together. There is little difference between the season like there used to be.
Second, over the last seveal months, the temperature swings from lows to highs and from day to day are dramatic. This is apparently not an isolated event based on the many post with the same issues.
Third, when the weather gets wet, it gets really wet. More severe rain events that any I can remember.
I seems we broke many snowfall records in the California mountains as I hear the same happened in the northeast.
I have always been weather aware and over the last 5 years, it seems the worldwide weather patterns patterns have shifted on a global scale. Look at the droughts, floods and severe weather on all continents. All are 100, 200 and even 500 year events and there are all happening at the same time! There is definitely a global shift occuring. In may be solar fluxes, magnetic field reversing or CO2 or pollution killing species and eco system collapsing, but it's definitely happening and we do not know enough to explain why.
Don't forget the radioactive cloud circling the Earth and growing daily as well as the fish in the Pacific swimming in highly radioactive water.
edit on 6-4-2011 by eagledriver because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I used to live south of Baltimore, and north of Richmond VA, I remember many of thunderstorms at 5-6am in april/may. I really miss the daily 5-6pm Thunderstorms we had daily from May to Aug. If we start getting t-storms in the SF Bay area this summer, then yes that weather is NOT normal. But on the east coast it is normal.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join