It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan Prophecy Predicted Massive Earthquake for Almost Same Time Japan’s Earthquake Occurred

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Apparently, the Mayans predicted the Earthquake in Japan and therefore many fatalists are asking, could 2012 be the real deal?

The Mayans created calendars based on their calculations and came up with nine cycles, which span from the origin of the earth, to its “end.”

According to the Mayan scriptures, the world has gone through all nine cycles each one ending with a bang. The first cycle was ended by a jaguar eating everyone on Earth, the second cycle ended in air, the third cycle, which started 41 million years ago was completed with fire, the fourth cycle, the cycle of “mind” was ended with a flood some hundred thousand years ago… you get the idea.

Here’s where things get spooky: The last cycle or wave, the “Unity” cycle ended on March 9 2011, and the Mayans predicted it would end with a massive earthquake. The massive Japanese earthquake occurred on the 10th of March.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by romka71

got a link to back it up?

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
sure my friend..link :

www.december212012.com...

i really dont know what will HAPPIEND IN 2012......might be nothing...but what is going on now in the world..its interesting...

In the year 2008, there were 58 significant earthquake events around the world. Conservatively considering that a 7.0 magnitude or higher quake could dramatically effect human life, 12 of the 2008 events were at or above 7.0.
In 2009, there were 72 quakes classified as significant with 17 measuring 7.0 or higher.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I'd say the link would be all the radiation in the ocean spreading globally would end a few species if not all

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by romka71

Japan Earthquake was on the 11th I thought
and when I google it I keep getting the 11th as well
Bearer of spanner for the works
*Throw*

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I always love predictions after the events.

Btw... next time, tell ppl a bit early!

You actually could have saved more than 10 thousand lives.

Just saying tho... I mean, maybe you dont want to mess with all that time-continuum stuff and put the very fabric of space and time at risk, and I'm fine with that, BUT STILL... next time think about it.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
as i said before...im not sure.what will happiend in 2012..might be nothing..

but...Most intriguing, December 21 2012 is, cosmically speaking, a day unlike any other; it will be the winter solstice, and the Sun will sit precisely on the heavenly crossroads between the Milky Way and the galactic equinox, forming a perfect alignment with the center of the galaxy.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The Mayans did NOT predict the Japan earthquake.

The cycle ending has absolutely nothing to do with earthquake activity and there is not a single Mayan prediction from Chilam Bilam or anyone else that says so.

This is complete and total garbage. Someone is crossing Calleman's work with the traditional Maya, and they don't mix. If the cycle started on March 9th, 2011, and each Mayan "day" and "night" was 18 days, then 2012 would be happening this year, which is Calleman's date, NOT the Mayan's. We are NOT in the Unity cycle of consciousness yet, we still have a ways to go and are still in Ethics.

The date is 2012 people. The Mayans never predicted the end of the world, the prophecy is about CHANGE, from an old age to a new one... from the age of materialism to the age of unity, spirit and consciousness. Your source is just another example of the twisted set of ideas and facts and the utter bullsh*t that people come up to produce fear.

~Namaste
edit on 4-4-2011 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
to FraternitasSaturni
please...read all the article

here is the link,,,,
www.december212012.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
to SonOfTheLawOfOne
yes..might be...i dont think..it will be the end of the world....

The solar exposure on near-Earth space will increase, causing perturbations in the atmosphere, which will break space apparatus," Vladimir Kuznetsov who works for the Institute of Earth magnetism, Ionosphere and Radio waves of the Russian Academy of Sciences said. "Enhanced radiation could also endanger cosmonauts."

December 12, 2012 is the end of a calendar created by the ancient Mayan civilization of South America. Over the years, scientists and speculators have proposed numerous astronomical alignments and formulas, which allegedly prove that the end is nigh.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by romka71
to SonOfTheLawOfOne
yes..might be...i dont think..it will be the end of the world....

The solar exposure on near-Earth space will increase, causing perturbations in the atmosphere, which will break space apparatus," Vladimir Kuznetsov who works for the Institute of Earth magnetism, Ionosphere and Radio waves of the Russian Academy of Sciences said. "Enhanced radiation could also endanger cosmonauts."

December 12, 2012 is the end of a calendar created by the ancient Mayan civilization of South America. Over the years, scientists and speculators have proposed numerous astronomical alignments and formulas, which allegedly prove that the end is nigh.

I'm not blaming you, I'm blaming your source.

Here at ATS, extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof, and even then it isn't enough for some.

~Namaste

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Your post makes absolutely no sense, noone here said anything about fear...

You have no proof the mayans stated 2012, or anything else that you are yelling about.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
11th in Japan, 10th in Mexico (barely, but...)
Time differences are a pain to deal with.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrinchNoMore
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Your post makes absolutely no sense, noone here said anything about fear...

You have no proof the mayans stated 2012, or anything else that you are yelling about.

Deny ignorance much? Have you done ANY research on 2012 to make such a statement? Have you searched the ATS threads on the subject to see if I have ever posted anything factual on this subject? Apparently not.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Nobody said anything about fear? Isn't that what the OP is trying to suggest is that there was this big earthquake that was predicted on a Mayan date so the 2012 end of the world date must be right?

My gripe is with disinformation, and that is exactly what the OP's source is.

You should educate yourself on matters before you speak on them. It is better to be silent and though of as an idiot than to speak and remove all doubt.

~Namaste

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
There are so many problems here that I don't know where to begin. I do know where to end, though, so that narrows it down. I guess I'll start with... Not playing Mod and pointing out the rules you're breaking, nggg.

Where, exactly, in Mayan scripture is this predicted? What is Mayan Scripture -- all we have that remains are a lot of "hieroglyphics" (not the correct term but anyway) which we've interpreted in certain ways -- so where, exactly, is found the actual message that states that there would be an earthquake at this time? What temple was it found in? Or even what Codex? What is the source on the prediction, besides the link which also doesn't state a source? What do you actually understand of the cycles?

Why do you keep saying "happiend"? The first time I figured it was a typo, but you seem to insist on that "spelling" -- does it have a meaning I don't know?

ETA: SonOfTheLawOfOne, I think we disagree about the actual significance of the mayan calendar, but I have to give you hardcore kudos for aggressively rational discourse. Way to go, Lantern.
edit on 4-4-2011 by Solasis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
woowwwwwwwwwwwww seems like everyone predicted the japan earthquake, if they really predicted that. where are the other predictions because im sure that earthquake is not the only one we will have soon.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by romka71
Apparently, the Mayans predicted the Earthquake in Japan and therefore many fatalists are asking, could 2012 be the real deal?

The Mayans created calendars based on their calculations and came up with nine cycles, which span from the origin of the earth, to its “end.”

According to the Mayan scriptures, the world has gone through all nine cycles each one ending with a bang. The first cycle was ended by a jaguar eating everyone on Earth, the second cycle ended in air, the third cycle, which started 41 million years ago was completed with fire, the fourth cycle, the cycle of “mind” was ended with a flood some hundred thousand years ago… you get the idea.

Here’s where things get spooky: The last cycle or wave, the “Unity” cycle ended on March 9 2011, and the Mayans predicted it would end with a massive earthquake. The massive Japanese earthquake occurred on the 10th of March.

I am not a believer in the 2012 phenomenon. Although, it is interesting to read what people say about the subject. The thing that struck me about this news was that it was ALMOST when they predicted...so that would mean that there is a strong possibility that they are wrong about 2012.

Nostradamus was the last bit of hype we had for predicting the end of the world in 1999. Much of what he predicted was conjecture at most in my opinion. The Millenium Bug came and went on my birthday and disappointingly woke up with a hangover on the 10th of September 1999. Dam him!

If people truly believe this, then why are there not any groups of hysteria. The end of the Mayan calendar is merely the end of an age and nowhere did they say it was the end of the world. If they were so smart, how come they didn't predict their own demise? If the stars tell us that much then surely they could find out a lot more than this.

I will be the first on here on the 22nd of December 2012 to remind you of this post

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
The problem is that this is yet another example of 'posthumous prophecy' i.e Someone has taken a disaster and worked it back into a prophesy that sorta comes somewhere near it if you have a vivid imagination.
For 2012 to be true, things (natural disasters) need to be ramping up from now on in. Japan should only be the beginning of a chain of terrible events that culminate in 2012. Dec 21 2012 is not some magic date that everything just goes kaboom on, belief in that is just absurdity in it's purest form.
All I can say is may God be with you Japan but as for the rest of the world, so far so quiet.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
THERE.
IS.
NO.
MAYAN.
PROPHECY.
There never was. Ever.
www.2012hoax.org
@Solasis, the word you were looking for is "pictographs."

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Of course the Japanese earthquake was postdicted.

Now for a Spinal prediction.........................(drum rolling)........................................................ There will be another earthquake next year on Earth
edit on 5-4-2011 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join