It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ventura and Ron Paul in 2012?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Sorry if this has already been posted. I did a search and didn't this particular article. They would get my vote. Sure, he's a little rough around the edges but I like a bulk of his and Ron Paul's stance. Could they really be any worse than the present admin. or the choices so far from either party in 2012? A former actor was prez, why not a former wrestler as VP? Thoughts?

He’s been a Navy SEAL, pro-wrestler, author, governor of Minnesota and even appeared on a soap opera. So is running for Vice President the next thing on Jesse Ventura’s to-do list?

blogs.abcnews.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
oh hell no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! id have to be pretty damn drunk to vote for ventura

to answer you question yeah they are a hell of alot worse especially ventura.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Yeah...Not only would I vote for them, but I would probably volunteer my time for their campaign...Something I've never done before. I voted for Ron Paul in 2008 after being really introduced to him for the first time in 2007, and since that time he has only continued to impress me further. His voting record and outspokenness on even the most controversial issues when hardly no one else has the gall is like a breath of fresh air. He offers real, sensible solutions to even our most complex issues, and never strays from the Constitutional backbone of how this country is meant to operate.

As for his running mate, regardless of whom is chosen, I have no doubt he will also be one of the "good guys". Jesse Ventura is a star for liberty in his own right, so adding him to the ticket would really help boost his popularity even further...I would LOVE for this to happen! Those two in charge of Washington would be a saving grace for this country, but Jesse is right that they would need to run as independents; as the Republican Party will NEVER give Ron Paul the nomination regardless of his tremendous popularity.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bigdaddy7ftr

YES WE CAN!!! I WOULD VOTE FOR THEM!!! And put my time and $ into pushing them along. Yup.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by UnBreakable

Can I say Dream Team? Can I say, Git r Done! They have my vote. Finally two people I can vote for with a clear conscious.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by UnBreakable

Can I say Dream Team? Can I say, Git r Done! They have my vote. Finally two people I can vote for with a clear conscious.

ABSOLUTELY.

link   
I have been a long time Paul supporter, and would love to see him run 3rd party with Jesse as running mate.

The Democrats and the Republicans are two sides of the same corporate owned coin. A first grader could tell you that at this point in time.

The only way, that the U.S. and ultimately, the world is going to get out of this fascist mess, is that people have got to start supporting people who will support freedom.

Well, how do you know who to support?

Look for people who have supported the ideas of freedom and liberty all their lives, not just the current election cycle.

Ron Paul and Jesse Ventura fit the bill in my opinion.

Thanks for posting, I hope it happens.

link   
Yes, they'll get my vote, time and donation.

edit on 4-4-2011 by 5 oClock because: Add vid

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I'd also like to add that Jesse is right, Dr. Paul must quit the Republican party and run as an independent in order to win. Fact is, that most people in this country are Independents. The Republican party is so corrupt, he wouldn't have a chance of winning the nomination. Those idiots think Palin is a genius. Palin thinks Africa is a country, and that North Korea is our ally, give me a freakin break.

Time for the "correct change".

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I know that Jesse would not be intimidated and cave to the innevitable round table of blackworld spooks with their so called "intelligence briefing." Jesse experienced that with a bunch of CIA people when he first became Govenor of Minnesota.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
This thread deserves to
be bumped up a notch.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

He’s been a Navy SEAL, pro-wrestler, author, governor of Minnesota and even appeared on a soap opera. So is running for Vice President the next thing on Jesse Ventura’s to-do list?

“I will tell you this. If Ron Paul runs as an Independent, I will give great consideration to being his running mate,” he told me on “GMA.”

Ventura dedicated his latest book, “63 Documents the Government Doesn’t Want You to Read,” to Rep. Ron Paul calling him “the only federal elected official who will stand up for America on the congressional floor.”

But the former governor said he would not join the ticket if Paul runs as a Republican.

“Never. I will not be a Democrat or a Republican. They are the problem, not the solution. We need to abolish political parties in this country,” Ventura said.

What about Rep. Michele Bachmann? She’s flirting with a bid, is from Ventura’s home state and even represents the district he lives in.

“And could she be president?” I asked.

“Not with my vote she won’t be,” he replied.

THIS.

Can you imagine? I'm sorry Springer/SkepticOverlord, but these guys would get my vote first...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Unfortunately, the latest Jesse Ventura interview with Piers Morgan might do him in as a potential running mate for Ron Paul. Ventura didn't hold back explaining his beliefs about what really happened on 9/11, and it may (will) be used against him if he ever seeks public office of any kind ever again.

I'm behind Jesse 100%, but this gives our bloodthirsty media more ammunition to use against Ventura to try to discredit Paul if he is chosen as his running mate...so I don't think it will happen.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigdaddy7ftr
Unfortunately, the latest Jesse Ventura interview with Piers Morgan might do him in as a potential running mate for Ron Paul. Ventura didn't hold back explaining his beliefs about what really happened on 9/11, and it may (will) be used against him if he ever seeks public office of any kind ever again.

I'm behind Jesse 100%, but this gives our bloodthirsty media more ammunition to use against Ventura to try to discredit Paul if he is chosen as his running mate...so I don't think it will happen.

I am not so sure. The government spent 10 times more money investigating Bill Clinton's blowjobs than they did investigating the death of almost 3 thousand American's on 9/11.

Jesse is only looking for an honest investigation. Many people like myself only want the truth.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Hendrix92TheUniverse

Oh, yeah...don't get me wrong...I believe the official story is full o' crap just like Jesse, and I support everything he says 100%. All I was saying is that if he ever tried to run for V.P., the main-stream media would go absolutely ape trying to portray him as a wacko, or a conspiracy theory nut because of his views. Ron Paul has never given his opinion on 9/11 on the record, other than to say he supports people that ask questions and would like another investigation (although we all know he's a truther at heart). Ron is careful not to give these mediots any ammo to attack or discredit him, and it's a good thing he doesn't. Now I'm not saying that Jesse should be quiet about this either...Not by a long shot. We need prominent ex-military and ex-government personnel such as him to get the word out through as many avenues as possible. However, he would be an easy target now because of how he shared his views in the public eye, and they would run a smear campaign against he and Ron in a heartbeat if they ever ran together.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by bigdaddy7ftr

Yes, you are right. But they are going to smear Ron Paul no matter who runs with him, because he is a threat to corporate owned government and the military industrial complex.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
How could you not vote for them? Only thing Paul has against him is his hard stance on Pro Life which we all know can be a touchy subject and an election breaker.

Jesse Ventura recently admitted to being an Atheist. Also not a plus to win. And he also fears he will be assassinated if he runs.

Here's a link to petition for Jesse to run. I signed it. Hey, maybe with enough support he'll change his mind!
I'm gonna go to his book signing tomorrow...we'll see what he says.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I think Ventura is great, and would be great as either Paul's VP, or the P himself, but, as I think someone else mentioned, he publicly claimed himself atheist, so he basically made himself unvotable. He won't win. I can't speak for him, but I'd rather he said he was unsure of his religious stance, or that it was his personal business. I was suprised to hear him say atheist, because that's a closed door, he can't prove "God"(in the many ways one can define that) does not "exist". I could see him being agnostic, but atheist? I am thinking he just isn't sure of the terminology.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
How about a predator reunion?? Ventura Swartzenegger?? haha. Sorry my vote is for the excellent people who started this website. Remember it doesn't matter there will be no 2013. T.E.A.T. to the rescue!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 4/6/2011 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by maddog99
How could you not vote for them? Only thing Paul has against him is his hard stance on Pro Life which we all know can be a touchy subject and an election breaker.

Jesse Ventura recently admitted to being an Atheist. Also not a plus to win. And he also fears he will be assassinated if he runs.

Here's a link to petition for Jesse to run. I signed it. Hey, maybe with enough support he'll change his mind!
I'm gonna go to his book signing tomorrow...we'll see what he says.

Christianity is so big in the U.S. there is no way an atheist wins, don't care who it is.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join