It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gold and silver Ron Paul coins seized

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by gorgi
Has anyone here ever bothered to read an economics book? I dont think you guys have because if you did youd realize that Ron Paul is insane. His policies on the fed are disastrous. There should be no competing currencies and its good they were arrested. Ron pauls ideas will destroy the country. I dont see why people love this guy so much.

Another pro government new member...Been a lot lately..

Why should we be forced to use a currency that is constantly devalued??

And why should the Federal Reserve, a private company, be allowed to print and control the flow??

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by hbarker

Yes...just a few weeks ago they raided chucky cheese...and I am not joking. Look it up.
Chucky cheese for crying out loud.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Has anyone here ever bothered to read an economics book? I dont think you guys have because if you did youd realize that Ron Paul is insane. His policies on the fed are disastrous. There should be no competing currencies and its good they were arrested. Ron pauls ideas will destroy the country. I dont see why people love this guy so much.

Another pro government new member...Been a lot lately..

Why should we be forced to use a currency that is constantly devalued??

And why should the Federal Reserve, a private company, be allowed to print and control the flow??

Im not really new. I dont remember the email account i used when i made my first one years ago and unlike you I dont hate or mistrust everything. I actually know economics and I see you dont other wise you would have said something worth saying.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I've read many, in fact I majored in it, and the Macro is straight up Keynesian propaganda. Micro is a little different, but even that is being challenged by "behaviorial economics", which takes into account the idea that the fundamental principle upon which the economics discipline rests - that people are rational - is total BS.

Edit: And you're missing the point anyway....competing currencies may in fact be a terrible idea, but nothing will change the Keynes fiat boom-bust cycle, which inevitably results in currency collapse throughout all of human monetary history, except ending the Fed. You have to start there, and Ron Paul is the only candidate even entertaining the idea. That's why he is so popular. Our system is collapsing and Paul is the only one who will do the thing necessary to lessen the blow.
edit on 2-5-2011 by dontdrinkthewater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontdrinkthewater

I've read many, in fact I majored in it, and the Macro is straight up Keynesian propaganda. Micro is a little different, but even that is being challenged by "behaviorial economics", which takes into account the idea that the fundamental principle upon which the economics discipline rests - that people are rational - is total BS.

Edit: And you're missing the point anyway....competing currencies may in fact be a terrible idea, but nothing will change the Keynes fiat boom-bust cycle, which inevitably results in currency collapse throughout all of human monetary history, except ending the Fed. You have to start there, and Ron Paul is the only candidate even entertaining the idea. That's why he is so popular. Our system is collapsing and Paul is the only one who will do the thing necessary to lessen the blow.

If you majored in Economics like me then you would know that what Ron Paul is saying and wants to do is crazy. You would also know that ending the Feds power would destroy the banking of this country to start with. Youd also know that you need a strong independent federal banking system. Keynes Was the smartest economist ever. Theres no doubt about that. I see that you believe in what voodoo economics ? Every text book would and every sane economist would tell you that paul is crazy.

Edit: I just realized you called Keynesian economics propaganda. No its not. Its what managed to get us out of the depression and make us a great economy. Theres a reason hes considered the greatest.
edit on 2-5-2011 by gorgi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

If you majored in Economics like me then you would know that what Ron Paul is saying and wants to do is crazy. You would also know that ending the Feds power would destroy the banking of this country to start with. Youd also know that you need a strong independent federal banking system. Keynes Was the smartest economist ever. Theres no doubt about that. I see that you believe in what voodoo economics ? Every text book would and every sane economist would tell you that paul is crazy.

Edit: I just realized you called Keynesian economics propaganda. No its not. Its what managed to get us out of the depression and make us a great economy. Theres a reason hes considered the greatest.
edit on 2-5-2011 by gorgi because: (no reason given)

You do realize it would have to happen in step's right? First Congress would have to nationalize the FED, then Congress would have to slowly add value to the currency by backing part of it with gold,silver, copper and perhaps even iron or coal. Then eventually get to the point were it is totally backed by gold/silver.

Then again Congress might just need to nationalize the FED and keep private interest's away from currency management. Either way allowing our currency to be controlled by private interest's is the singularly dumbest thing this nation has ever done.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

You do realize it would have to happen in step's right? First Congress would have to nationalize the FED, then Congress would have to slowly add value to the currency by backing part of it with gold,silver, copper and perhaps even iron or coal. Then eventually get to the point were it is totally backed by gold/silver.

Then again Congress might just need to nationalize the FED and keep private interest's away from currency management. Either way allowing our currency to be controlled by private interest's is the singularly dumbest thing this nation has ever done.

You do know that the Federal reserve is part of the US government. Its allowed to have a lot of Independence though. The people in the different potions are approved by varies bodies. there is congressional oversight. Oh and the countries that have the most central bank freedom have the lowest inflation rates btw. Still part of the government and not a private corporation.
We left the gold standard for a reason. Pick up a history book or ask someone old enough to remember. and backing the money with coal? thats new. Im never surprised anymore.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Exactly!!!! That's the whole point. There is NO REASON that, as national monetary policy, a sovereign country should borrow money from a private bank and pay interest on it. That's what the "Federal" Reserve really is.

And it's not voodoo economics, haha, it's simply a branch of microeconomics that considers psychology in tandem with economic princicples.

Ha! That's a good one. Your boy Bernanke studied the Great Depression for a living, and he is following the same adjusted model to keep us out of another one. And guess what, it's not working, just like it didn't then. WWII got us out of the Depression. The spending and money printing Keynes requires doesn't work unless the economy itself produces things, hires people, etc. The US was the only economy left standing after the war. We got lucky.

Oh and "quantitative easing" is the same thing Japan has done for the past 20 years. It doesn't work.

And, sure, maybe in theory Keynes' ideas are plausible, but they are especially doomed to fail in an environment where the banks themselves control monetary policy coming out of the central bank. They pocketed the stimulus, i.e. robbed the American people. Now the Fed is propping up the market to give the sheeple the appearance of recovery to give the banks one last chance to take huge profits. There is nothing supporting it and it's going to crash eventually. And then they'll say they need more taxpayer money to bail them out because it will cause a Great Depression. Stop living in fear, we need to let it fail.

I could on and on about how absurd the Federal Reserve has become......but the bottom line is Keynesian policy is ALWAYS doomed to fail because over time the government and central bank is invariably captured by elite interests.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Exactly!!!! That's the whole point. There is NO REASON that, as national monetary policy, a sovereign country should borrow money from a private bank and pay interest on it. That's what the "Federal" Reserve really is.

And it's not voodoo economics, haha, it's simply a branch of microeconomics that considers psychology in tandem with economic princicples.

Ha! That's a good one. Your boy Bernanke studied the Great Depression for a living, and he is following the same adjusted model to keep us out of another one. And guess what, it's not working, just like it didn't then. WWII got us out of the Depression. The spending and money printing Keynes requires doesn't work unless the economy itself produces things, hires people, etc. The US was the only economy left standing after the war. We got lucky.

Oh and "quantitative easing" is the same thing Japan has done for the past 20 years. It doesn't work.

And, sure, maybe in theory Keynes' ideas are plausible, but they are especially doomed to fail in an environment where the banks themselves control monetary policy coming out of the central bank. They pocketed the stimulus, i.e. robbed the American people. Now the Fed is propping up the market to give the sheeple the appearance of recovery to give the banks one last chance to take huge profits. There is nothing supporting it and it's going to crash eventually. And then they'll say they need more taxpayer money to bail them out because it will cause a Great Depression. Stop living in fear, we need to let it fail.

I could on and on about how absurd the Federal Reserve has become......but the bottom line is Keynesian policy is ALWAYS doomed to fail because over time the government and central bank is invariably captured by elite interests.

The federal reserve is the lender of last resort. Other banks are able to get money and capital by attracting customers and private banks with coordination form the central banks preform much better than one nationalized banks.

and what your saying is voodoo economics, more than what Regan wanted. fake economics, voodoo economics is to economics as actual voodoo is to actual medicine.

He did keep us out of a second great depression. this is an old article but its accurate. the economy is recovering.
Now QE in japan didnt work very well because of other problems japan had at the same time, but the US doesnt have the same situation as japan and QE has and is working.here and here. the economy is recovering, numbers dont lie.NO ONE pocketed the stimulus funds.If we let the fed fail, we will live in fear. And no, when Roosevelt became president in the early 1930's, he did essentially what Keynes said and it worked, the economy was recovering.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join