It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Introduction to ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Greetings and salutations to everyone, I am new to ATS and have been lurking the forums since the end of December 2010. Google brought me to an old ATS topic when I was searching for information on Phil Krapf. The first ATS thread I saw that day was Phil Krapf: 9-11 Halted Alien Disclosure (my first URL, did it work?).

I started reading about aliens and UFOs in early December out of curiosity. It all started with an innocent perusal of a BBC news article about Julian Assange and it mentioned the similarity to the Gary McKinnon extradition case that has been dragged out over a decade. I wanted to read more about Gary McKinnon and discover what exactly kept the US government from getting their hands on an extradition order for so long. When I discovered that Gary had hacked into NASA desktop computers in the late 1990s and found that NASA was using Photoshop to remove UFOs out of space imagery and that he had discovered a list of off-world military rankings... my jaw dropped and that is the moment my life took a turn. I started my search with famous UFO cases listed on about.com then expanded to the ufo-ologists (what a strange word) and their backgrounds. ATSers proved to be invaluable when it came to cases, authors, and debunking the field in general. I started reading through topics and discovered that not everything is credible in the aliens and UFO field.

Needless to say, I have seen several posts on ATS welcoming individuals to "reality" and it has taken four months of reading material, watching youtube.com, and avoiding the television to realize that I do not have any answers and that there are more questions. I have to say after introducing myself to aliens and UFOs that these subjects are highly politicized and difficult to grasp at first (I think I will be researching until my last day). The energy and time individuals have put into organizing websites, conferences, researching, and debating for the last seventy years is astounding. I admire the bravery of certain individuals who risk credibility in search of truth as well as the creativity of those who try to hide it from the populace (begrudgingly). It is easy for me to arrive at a conclusion amidst the clamor - if many people are willing to spend so much time debating alien/UFO evidence and discussing possibilities (not to mention seeding disinformation and covering things up) then aliens and UFOs must exist. I may be wrong, there are many other reasons to credit or discredit those subjects, but for the moment my reasoning has brought me to "they exist" side of the fence... sorry no external link for proof (I think we are all still waiting for that!).

I have no personal experience with aliens or UFOs. I turned thirty late last year and have spent my life working, finishing college, dating, seeing friends, and traveling. I would have laughed this subject off ten years ago and returned immediately to my daily programming. But after ATS I just cannot return to the daily schedule. It is as though I unwittingly swallowed the “red pill” and as a result the world does not look the same. In the last four months my “red pill” symptoms have been: increasing skepticism about government motives, looking for a hidden political agenda(s), thinking about survival and possible scenarios, seeing propaganda in just about everything, and not to mention some confusion over who and what to trust.

Thanks to ATS I was aware of the Japan earthquake the hour it happened and before it is even posted on CNN. I have learned of the strange sounds heard around the world and have watched people report their experience. I have learned about the harmful effects of radiation when news and government are downplaying such dangers. I visit ATS to see what is not being reported in the news and find out if a certain subject has been "debunked." ATS has been invaluable the last four months and I have come to and understanding that there are many points of view which should not only be shared but questioned.

Thank you ATSers for making me slightly less ignorant!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SuspiciousPeon

Explanation: Flagged!

Personal Disclosure: Welcome! OL is sure a mod will be along soon to help out with an informative post etc. I also recommend utilizing the green chat voyuer function on the ATS tool bar to the bottom of most ATS webpages [aka the ribbon]! It will enable you to watch who and what is being posted in chat but unfortunately you wont be able to join or chat back until your post count reaches 200 posts or so.

Reply to this post with the reply function up top right of this post and that'll be another post towards your mandatory 20 posts before you can start your own threads

Please message me using the message button on far left ATS tool bar [after you have made at least 20 posts] if you require any further help whatsoever!

Peace and much love!

Sincerely OL [OmegaLogos]

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS! Its funny you mentioned that researching ufos led you here, as that was my case too. After lurking myself for quite sometime, i finally made my intro post as well and now believe this site to be one the most invaluable places for alternative news.

Keep on researching. Chances are youll only find more questions than answers here, but thats what happens when you take the "red pill". The hole only gets deeper!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this inviting and understandable rookie thread as I which am too a beginner or rookie here on ATS. Although my first topic discussion slash curiosity wasnt ufo's but bout the campaign inside black government, ops & black agends etc. Me too considered, undeniably questioned plus wonderd bout the world around me and understanding our hard journey to learn the truth that is out there. Best of luck to you.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Hi , and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take some time to look around and orient yourself.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

I also recommend utilizing the green chat voyuer function on the ATS tool bar to the bottom of most ATS webpages [aka the ribbon]! It will enable you to watch who and what is being posted in chat but unfortunately you wont be able to join or chat back until your post count reaches 200 posts or so.

I am testing out the quote button as I am curious to see how this function works. I did find the ribbon at the bottom of my browser window. I am glad you pointed the ribbon out as it would have taken me quite some time to notice it lurking down in the corner. I give the ribbon a
! Thank you for the advice!
edit on 4-4-2011 by SuspiciousPeon because: I am a newbie trying out the edit button and correcting some spelling.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Since you made one of our first posts in my thread, I just wanted to thank you and say welcome to ATS! Hope you enjoy your stay here!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by soaring_phoenix
Thanks for posting this inviting and understandable rookie thread as I which am too a beginner or rookie here on ATS. Although my first topic discussion slash curiosity wasnt ufo's but bout the campaign inside black government, ops & black agends etc. Me too considered, undeniably questioned plus wonderd bout the world around me and understanding our hard journey to learn the truth that is out there. Best of luck to you.

I have to sadly admit I was very excited when Barak Obama was elected to the presidency. But now I have much to reconsider and I think that my excitement was just my low awareness of US government agenda and its history. Six months ago words that had me nodding my head in agreement and saying "YES! this makes this president great!" I now put in a little "grey" area and question if it is just political agenda or "propaganda" speech. Tell me, as someone interested in government black ops, would the "Open Government Directive" from the White House such as the external link (to the White House web page) be something you view with excitement or as just another empty statement?

Transparency and Open Government

My Administration is committed to creating an unprecedented level of openness in Government. We will work together to ensure the public trust and establish a system of transparency, public participation, and collaboration. Openness will strengthen our democracy and promote efficiency and effectiveness in Government.

I believe that the intention is very noble but unlike six months ago now I have to question has the Obama administration really tried to implement government transparency? Should I give him credit for trying? Maybe I should I should write a letter and ask for a progress report. What does "transparency" mean? Can you really imagine a fiscally transparent government? All the black ops spending would be right there for the public to see. We should keep questioning. Thank you for the reply and I welcome to ATS!
edit on 4-4-2011 by SuspiciousPeon because: Correcting spelling and sentence flow.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkfallen
Keep on researching. Chances are youll only find more questions than answers here, but thats what happens when you take the "red pill". The hole only gets deeper!

I had a teacher many years ago in high school who had a very annoying approach of answering our questions with questions of her own. And she did not respond with "I don't know what do you think?" No, she had to make your brain hurt with a riddle. Sometimes she would bait you for another riddle. You might ask "what is a line?" and she would ask "don't you think it is a shape with one dimension?" You would wag your head yes, hoping that it was the answer you needed to write in your notebook... to which she'd ask another question "or do you think it is a two dimensional shape turned on its side?" I think she was encouraging us to find the answer for ourselves. I haven't done much questioning since leaving high school which is sad given that college should have been introduction to questioning. I think I've reached a point in my life where the questions seem really important. I don't think I could go on without them. Thank you for your reply!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

I am mostly active in the paranormal/prophecy sections and I cultivate in Falun Dafa(an ancient Chinese Qi Gong form which was introduced to the public in 1992 and gained 100 million practitioners in 7 years before the communists banned it - no coincidence of course...). I believe in multidimensional time-spaces and believe human beings can go to other space-times if they assimilate themselves to the characteristics of the universe(Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance in daily life´s actions).

I recommend you read the book Zhuan Falun in my signature link below. It is an amazing book about how to become a good person, it explains the third eye structure, developing supernormal powers, the supernormal logics, the meaning of human life etc. The book was a bestseller in China during the 90s before the communists banned it.

Please read it, I reckon it is the most important book published since the beginning of this civilization.

/Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good, Falun Dafa is good

top topics

join